Lian Li A01 htpc - watercooled - 56k warning

wow, amazing.
i like the clean and organized look, especially the 4 tubes from the rad to the case look badass.
...and your photography skills aren't bad either ;)

[H]utch;1032930582 said:
Never heard of Nesteq, any good? How do they compare to Corsair etc.?

I heard the quiet drives don't work so well, was considering trying one of the aquadrives.
http://www.aqua-computer-systeme.de/shopsystem/index.php?cPath=7_10_15&osCsid=04d38149b1a4b68d7d7239f9f4e85a5a

they make really good and quiet psu´s:
http://www.nesteq.de/ecs_feature.html

i´m using the quit drive because i removed the hd cage and i needed a black and nice packing for it. :D i didn´t want to build something on my own so i bought this.

Oh, meant to ask. Do you have a heatgun for the heatshrink or you use a hairdryer or something? If heatgun, which you go with?

[H]utch;1032942472 said:
Oh, meant to ask. Do you have a heatgun for the heatshrink or you use a hairdryer or something? If heatgun, which you go with?

i made the best experiences with a heat gun. i´m using one from Black&Decker but any other will do the job too.

and another mini update:
sleeved one psu cable

_MG_2578.jpg

_MG_2579.jpg

_MG_2580.jpg

that´s what you will see later:

_MG_2576.jpg

i´m a "couch sleever":

_MG_2581.jpg

Awesome worklog! Excellent photo documenting and nice selection of gear. I'll keep tabs on this one for sure. keep up the great work!

backsibe is nearly finished. have to change screws against black ones.

case.jpg

not that good pic quality this time. only had a flashlight to make light... ;)

Never had any love for that chassis despite being a LiLi whore myself, but you have your mind wrapped around this one tight! Excellent build. :)

Love the Photography. May I ask what you're using? Body and Lens?

it´s still allive. ;)
ordered some parts today, sleeving and tv-card. hope they will arrive this week.

as compensation some pics:

started sleeving the psu cables

first i made the p4 cable

_MG_8188.jpg

closeup:

_MG_8189.jpg

there is one problem with the p4 cable. it also has this new plug with 6 pins and this plug doesn´t fir behind the mb tray. so i had to remove it. looks not so pretty but you wont see it later.

_MG_8190.jpg

built in:

_MG_8184.jpg

you can see that i doubled the sleeve. i have to be some more accurate when i´m going to sleeve the Atx cable...

Great work so far man!! Might be a good idea to put some heatshrink or electrical tape on the pins where you removed the connector. Did I understand you when you said you put on to layers of sleeving? IF so it looks really good. Can't wait ot see the finished pictures.

Great work so far man!! Might be a good idea to put some heatshrink or electrical tape on the pins where you removed the connector. Did I understand you when you said you put on to layers of sleeving? IF so it looks really good. Can't wait ot see the finished pictures.

at the moment there is only marking at the pins to know where they have been in the plug. i will put som shrink at it but i run out of this size.
yes, two layers of sleeve.

Wow. I can't remember the last time I've been so impressed with a mod. I absolutely love what you're doing.

Oh, and I double the request for some of those black and white shots in wallpaper sizes!

Amazing work so far.

I'd not seen this case before. I like it, think I may replace my P180b.

Back