LIAN LI PC-V350 !!!

that sucks. anyone know a retailer selling updated v350's? the egg?

Well you could do what I did :D

DSCN0264.jpg

What fans are those and how is the noise level?

And the 4870x2 fits fine:
2802378582_f480f35c85.jpg

Thats in my V350. Sorry, the fans are out cuz I'm swapping em, but its a finger and a half room there.
Will the v350 fit one or two 4870x2?
BTW, skip the two 4870x2s for now. The drivers are broken and theres really no benefit to em. Quadfire needs work, and this thing also gets damn hot so there might be thermal concerns (yeah it vents most of it, but is still really toasty... makes my 8800GTX seem cool by comparison).

What fans are those and how is the noise level?

The fans are the Scythe "Mini Kaze" 40mm Silent Fan. The only time I can hear them is when I put my head up real close to the back of the case, but I think it's the psu that's making the sound instead of the fans.
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=123&products_id=20870

If they weren't permanent I would have defiantly gone with...
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=123&products_id=22537

Sweet, ordering three now then along w/ replacement 120mm fans and a 90mm fan for the top left corner. :)

I think that should do me.

Well you could do what I did :D

I like the sleeving you did on the Mini Kaze's. Did you shorten the cables and replace the connector altogether, or did you just remove the old connector, add the sleeve and heatshrink, and reattached the connector?

Sweet, ordering three now then along w/ replacement 120mm fans and a 90mm fan for the top left corner. :)

I think that should do me.

I think you should know that I did not screw the fans in. I used a silicon adhesive and glued all around the sides of the fans so no air could leak out. Also, I think it provides a little vibration dampening from the fans too.

I like the sleeving you did on the Mini Kaze's. Did you shorten the cables and replace the connector altogether, or did you just remove the old connector, add the sleeve and heatshrink, and reattached the connector?

I didn't sleeve them at all, performance-pcs.com did. Almost anything with a fan comes automatically sleeved.

The reason why half of the cable is sleeved is that the fans have a 2-pin connector stock, but ship with a 2-pin to a 3-pin adapter which they didn't sleeve.

i just ordered a thermalright XP-90c for my DFI LP JR T2RS...im using this case (V350), do u think this heatsink will fit? I tried to use the scythe nija mini before but no luck, i have to slide the mobo tray and from there, install the scythe heatsink...kinda very annoying to me. Pls. advice...thanks

also, i got the lian li PE-01B for this case....Im planning of modding my case since this PE-01b will not work with the V350s and I could extend outward my PSU so I could have a breathing space inside the case...

Do you think it would be better to go with one 4870x2 or two 4870s?
One 4870x2.

Have you guys seen the new Coolermaster V10 btw?

cooler_master_v10.jpg

Perhaps my eyes deceive me, but while it looks really long, it doesn't look extremely high. :confused: Is it possible that sucker could fit in a PC-V350 if we move the power supply up to the roof of the chassis? :D

Good god that's a big piece of metal. Do you know what the dimensions are?

One 4870x2.

Have you guys seen the new Coolermaster V10 btw?

cooler_master_v10.jpg

Perhaps my eyes deceive me, but while it looks really long, it doesn't look extremely high. :confused: Is it possible that sucker could fit in a PC-V350 if we move the power supply up to the roof of the chassis? :D
Whoa that thing looks enormous. Definitely wouldn't fit in my SG03 lol.

Is there a heatsink that would fit in the v350, that you can overclock a E8400 to around 3.6GHz?

I have a Scythe Ninja Mini in my V350b and my e8400 has been at 3.6Ghz for over 6 months now. So yes!

Ok cool. I did hear some people had trouble fitting that in though. I'll see what happens as time goes on I guess.

It's a bit tricky. There isn't enough clearance so you have to install it with the tray in the case. You do want to install the power supply and any expansion cards after the HSF is installed.

I did not have to install the ninja mini in the case. Just put it on the motherboard, and slid the tray in. About 3mm of extra clearance. They changed the v350 to fit the ninja mini so as long as you get this second revision you should be fine.

I did not have to install the ninja mini in the case. Just put it on the motherboard, and slid the tray in. About 3mm of extra clearance. They changed the v350 to fit the ninja mini so as long as you get this second revision you should be fine.
where did you buy the 2nd Revision for this case? I hope the 2nd revision will support the PE-01 (power supply extender)...

im not sure if it was officially a second revision.

there is a picture either on this forum or some other forum showing the ninja mini sliding in perfectly, and it worked personally for me. I have since changed to watercooling so I cant show you a picture of it in action. But yeah that power supply extender would sure be nice, i'm a bit crammed.

finally, i've found the perfect heatsink for this case using the DFI LP JR T2RS....it's the thermalright XP-90/c...perfect fit for this case. gonna post some pics soon..

I've searched all over the internet and couldn'f find an answer...This is going to be my first SFF build and I'm thinking about getting this case...Do you guys know if an Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro 92mm cpu cooler would fit easily in this case? It seems pretty good but if it doesnt fit then I'd probably get a ninja mini instead unless you guys have a better solution...I'm not looking to spend more than $40 U.S. dollars....

I just tried the Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro and it did not fit in this case. The heat pipe nubs on top interfere with the PSU. If you modded your case to move your power supply up a little, then it might fit, but it would still be close.

I personally am having heat problems with this case. When it's closed up, cpu temps increase by 10 degrees under load than when the side panels are taken off. I'm not sure if it's an air intake problem (not enough openings for fresh air coming into the case), or if it's an exhaust problem. I did what other posters here did, and placed three scythe 40mm fans above the I/O ports, and replaced the stock 80mm fan with a 90mm fan with a higher cfm rating. I replaced the stock 120mm fans with Sycthe fans as well.

I'm going to take the front face place off, close up the sides, and see what happens. If temps get better, then it's an air intake problem. If they are about the same, then I guess that points to an exhaust problem. If it's an intake problem, I was thinking of putting spacers between the face plate and the body so that air is allowed from the opening all around the front in order to preserve the look of this case but increase ventilation. If it's an exhaust problem...short of cutting a hole in the side and putting an exhaust fan there, I'm not sure what can be done.

I just tried the Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro and it did not fit in this case. The heat pipe nubs on top interfere with the PSU. If you modded your case to move your power supply up a little, then it might fit, but it would still be close.

I personally am having heat problems with this case. When it's closed up, cpu temps increase by 10 degrees under load than when the side panels are taken off. I'm not sure if it's an air intake problem (not enough openings for fresh air coming into the case), or if it's an exhaust problem. I did what other posters here did, and placed three scythe 40mm fans above the I/O ports, and replaced the stock 80mm fan with a 90mm fan with a higher cfm rating. I replaced the stock 120mm fans with Sycthe fans as well.

I'm going to take the front face place off, close up the sides, and see what happens. If temps get better, then it's an air intake problem. If they are about the same, then I guess that points to an exhaust problem. If it's an intake problem, I was thinking of putting spacers between the face plate and the body so that air is allowed from the opening all around the front in order to preserve the look of this case but increase ventilation. If it's an exhaust problem...short of cutting a hole in the side and putting an exhaust fan there, I'm not sure what can be done.

I noticed about the same difference in temps with my V350, open sided vs closed sided. I tried a few different things, including cutting out the vent area over the MB backplate. Finally, I accepted that the temps, while higher, are still within tolerances, and just accept the case is a bit hotter. It is a SFF after all, and can hardly be expected to air cool as well as a full tower. I'm running an e8400, Mini Ninja, and DFI LP JR, and hitting ~35c Idle CPU (as reported by realtemp) and ~45c NB/MB temps (as reported by SmartGuardian).

I agree that heat will always be a challenge with SFF cases. But I think I'm going to try a couple more things. First, I'm going to mount 3, 6cfm, 14db fans in the cpu vent holes on the side of the case. That seems to be where the hot spot is. If it works, it would be non-destructive mod that I would be happy with. If that doesn't work, I know I can mount the 100x100x12mm quiet scythe fan on the side panel for ample exhaust in that area and not have it interfere with anything (the fan is thin enough to fit on the inside of the case between the side panel and the mother board tray!). Problem would be finding a black 100mm fan grill. After that, I'll call it a day and accept the temps :) I have the same idle temps you reported on my cpu and north bridge (also reported by smart guardian and cpu temp). I have the DFI LP JR as well running the q6600 with a scythe shuriken on it (it's a decent cooler that performs well and is ultra low profile). Under load (stock 2.4 GHz), with the side panels off, my cpu temps reach 50-51 degrees.

I'm still waiting on my TR 128 SE heatsink to come so I can mount that and O/C the cpu...I really want to take care of the heat issues before any overclocking occurs :)

Still optimistic - I'll let you know how it goes.

I dont think that's the exhaust problem, as I build, with a hole above the I/O and mounted a silverstone FX121 as an exhaust fan, I can feel that there are lots of hot air being blowed out, but it wont help a lot to cool the CPU, only 1 degree down, worth to mention that I'm using the TR 128 to cool the CPU, though it a little difference between the SE one. So hope you guys will find the exciting way to cool the case.

I dont think that's the exhaust problem, as I build, with a hole above the I/O and mounted a silverstone FX121 as an exhaust fan, I can feel that there are lots of hot air being blowed out, but it wont help a lot to cool the CPU, only 1 degree down, worth to mention that I'm using the TR 128 to cool the CPU, though it a little difference between the SE one. So hope you guys will find the exciting way to cool the case.

Thanks for the heads up on that cross flow fan. Interesting concept. My fans come in today and I'm going to test different configurations tonight. The main things I'm going to test are 1) Balancing CFM in vs CFM out and 2) removing the intake fans altogether and just having exhaust fans...There are a lot of tests that point to #2 as being the best cooling solution (which equals more dust, but that could be circumvented by getting some filter material in the front fan cage. I've been reading up on modding for the hole in the side of the case and feel comfortable doing that as a last resort.

Yes, If the face of V350 just like the V300, with lots of holes on it, I think that will be best way. I am planning to replace the TR SI128 with Mini Ninja, for there is almost no room between the fan(12025 Fan) above SI128 and the PSU, I think that's why the heatsink cannot get enough cold air pass through. I just dont wanna destory most of the appearance of this case, but if mod the side of the case and mounted a fan for intaking cold air is the best way, I will have to have a try.... waiting for your updated news. Thanks.

Back