Lian Li PC-V351

Gonna be my counselor or shrink now? Or is stalking people the best thing's that you've got to do? Do some hw yourself, you're capable of using a search function and looking through a thread littered with posts and pictures, and examples of many many cooling systems, right?

I answered your question, so how bout you just take that and leave it there? :rolleyes:
Nope, just agreeing with the other person in that post I linked to. Not stalking either. You assumed I wasn't looking, but I had been reading that long ass V350 thread before you popped up in here being an ass, rolling your eyes.

I had just happened to come up on that post in the V350 thread when I got a reply email with your post in this thread.

Ok? So you still gonna be my shrink? If you had been reading that long ass thread then you'd have all your questions answered.

Again, I answered your question, take it and leave it there. Or are you going to keep crying about the rolleyes smiley?

I answered my own question regarding the max heatsink height. The other "question" asking for recommendations has no answer. That's just for input from everyone.

As far as I know, you don't speak for everyone else. Not crying about the rolleyes emoticon. :rolleyes:

Good. Again, recommendations litter the v350 thread, where the u9b and c12p are pretty much the only ones worth recommending. So in an effort to sum everything up, yes I do speak for everyone. Well, mini ninja too but the Noctuas trump it, but does cost at least 20 less.

It's a shame they didn't go w/ at least a 92mm fan on the back and that they're still using the lame little screws for the case side panels.

No.. It's a shame they didn't bother addressing the entire issue of exhaust; a change in fan in the wrong place does little to help. I don't know how they would have done it, but they should have. Right now my PSU has once again taken the job of exhaust, even though I switched from the SG01 partly to relieve it of such a fate. How the good have slacked, so much as to market the same case with a 'stache as a new model.

What would they need to do to fix the exhaust issue? Put dual 120mm fans on the back as well? Blowholes up top?

I'm looking for a new case since this SG03 isn't working too well for the onboard 9400 on my motherboard. I had read about the 9400 chipset being pretty hot, but mine idles around 100C. :eek:

I need something with decent cooling options. Maybe the mini-P180 I guess.

Who knows, but others have come up with innovative DIY designs so they should do better. Individuals trump collective failure :D

Well, the 780G chipset reported 80-90c no matter what was done so if others are seeing the same for your board, there should be nothing to worry about. If all we did was rely on numbers, well, look at what happened to the economy luls.

I see no point in a P180 mini when it costs as much as a P182 and is almost the same size. I mean temps are not that bad in the v350, just not great.

I like the white mini P180 and I can get one for $75. I'd also be selling my silver, modded SG03. Considering the silver v351 too, but there are little things about it that bug me.

Anyone have a link to thumb screws that are the right size for replacing the small screws that hold the side panels in?

Just curious--

What kind of video cards have you guys been able to fit in the 351? I'm pondering building a Deneb system with this case and I'm wondering whether it will fit a GTX 260 or a 9800 series.

I've searched around a bit but I thought I would ask directly.

Thanks!

You can flip the front fans so they and the PSU are all blowing out... causes the remaining vents to suck in alot of air... works well enough.

So, this thread just kind of died. Is the V351 so similar to the V350 that all we need is the V350 thread? Has anyone made a nice custom backplate for the V351 or will all custom V350 backplates work with the V351 as well?

I have Lian Li PC-V351 case and Asus Gtx 260 graphic card with glaciator fan. I have installed Snow Leopard to my pc and I could not change the fan speed. I would like to change my card because it's too loud for my use. I've think about buying Gigabyte 9800gt silent cell card but does it fit in my case? I'm not sure about that thing.

Thanks for helping.

I have Lian Li PC-V351 case and Asus Gtx 260 graphic card with glaciator fan. I have installed Snow Leopard to my pc and I could not change the fan speed. I would like to change my card because it's too loud for my use. I've think about buying Gigabyte 9800gt silent cell card but does it fit in my case? I'm not sure about that thing.

Thanks for helping.

There has been a lot of talk in the 350 thread about this. No one seems to know for sure, but the general consensus has been... "probably"

Anyone have a link to thumb screws that are the right size for replacing the small screws that hold the side panels in?

Don't have the answer but I'm also mad of it :mad:

I'm thinking about magnetic tape ?

Not with the front intake fan. Remove that and it'll have the room.

Both front intakes? Would the power connectors on the top fit too? I believe the 6+8 pins are on top and not the rear right?

V351 has the option of removing 1 fan instead of both in the V350. And there are holes at the bottom of the optical bay.

I don't have the case but I'd say no. The 5970 reaches quite a bit further across the mobo and will probably hit the fans.

Hmmmmmm.... Im wondering what to do now lol.
Moving from an TYR 500 to this would be difficult...

Judging by your signature, the PC-V351 should fit it all fine if you're willing to sacrifice one of the 120mm intake fans. :D

Last edited:
Was interested in maybe building an HTPC with this case.
But I noticed they had more colors than the Red/Silver/Black.
Have the other ones been released yet?
I did a google search and it seems only overseas sites are even mentioning it, maybe it isn't available in US?

I don't have the case but I'd say no. The 5970 reaches quite a bit further across the mobo and will probably hit the fans.

.. I believe I just answered it before you [cluelessly] came in and confused him.

As for colours, red/black/silver are your choices. Red took them like a year to put out so... hope you got some spare time.

Hmmm... I'll have to look at some more review pictures and do some guesstimates before I bite.

My 4850 is already heating up too much and causing system freezes/crashes occasionally. Having one intake fan and one small venting fan might not be enough air :\

I doubt there is much clearance when sliding in/out the mobo for a tower heatsink. Might have to settle for a flower.

This may end up not working for me since I usually do 3 hard drives. Further review perusing is in order!

Almost done building mine :) It took me one year before i made my choise. Haleluja v351 !

RO235191.jpg

i just built a computer using one of these cases last week. i thought it was pretty spiffy.

how are you guys removing the hard drive cage?

anyone happen to live around NYC who's possibly ordering a back panel who'd like to order me one too? figured I'd ask since I can't seem to load the front panel designer program :( it crashes upon start up and just dies.

PM me :)

edit: interestingly enough... this isn't the main super thread, don't know how I missed that ;x

Back