Monarchcomputer using customers money as a float, anyone have recent experince

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rogue4mula said:
because of the signature required garbage, I have not and never will buy from them
lol, THE ONLY REASON I did not jump on that opteron 165 deal. But driving half an hour to the nearest fedex warehouse isn't that bad... :)

I used to buy a lot of stuff in the past 5 years off Monarch. And everything was perfect. Last time I bought from them was like 4-5 months ago or whenever they were giving away free Age of Empires 3 to people with 3 invoices from them.

I'm very sad that they are getting a bad rep now especially because of their high status in the past. I hope things get better for them because I would like to buy from them again but then these stories make me think twice. =\

Talk about praying...

I jumped on the opty 165 deal 2 days ago. Pretty good deal for an OEM part. Nothing stellar so maybe I will actually get it.

I received an e-mail stating that my order was received blah blah blah and it will take 2-3 business days to process. Sounds like that one guy in the receiving dept. needs a day off, just not until he gets my order finished.

Anyways I will keep everyone posted on this experience. I have used Monarch in the past and always had good times with them. But my loyalty lies with my wallet first. I also have a good repor(sp?) with my CC company so any funny business and I am firing up the speed dial and talking to Ted the Chase Mastercard customer rep.

But all in all, regardless of how good this experience may or may not be I will be blacklisting Monarch until (1) They get their act together or (2) They disappear.

the miser said:
I live in Georgia and have never been to Monarch (mapquest says it'slike 20 minutes away). Do they sell parts b&m in addition to online? If they do, do they honor online pricing?

Yes, you can go there and buy directly. They do have a storefront. As far as I know they do honor their online prices and sometimes run "local" sales as well.

I've bought several times from Monarch without ANY problems. That said, I have not bought anything lately so I don't know how they are doing in the last month or so. Hopefully they'll right the Monarch ship and get past this.

The last thing I bought from Monarch was the eVGA mATX SLi board in March(I think). I guess I was lucky and made my last order before things went downhill. Sucks that such a respected company went that bad, that quickly.

I've only ever purchased one thing from Monarch: My X2 4800+ for $299 the day after the price drops; the transaction went smoothly and I received my purchase in working order in a relatively timely manner. I say relatively because they did give me a minor hassle because I put down Apt 555 and the credit card company had it written down as #555, but one e-mail fixed the problem and my item shipped. (and no, that's not really my apartment number :rolleyes: )

I only mention this because everytime I read a monarch thread like this; I feel like I dodged a bullet.

The only thing I have ever ordered from Monarch was an OCZ Powerstream PSU. That was over a year ago. CC was charged immediately, took 3 days for the order to be processed and then it shipped. Other than the "process time", everything went smoothly.
Was getting ready to order a CPU from Monarch when C2D hit and AMD prices dropped... then I started reading about all the problems... I went elsewhere for my CPU (newegg. in stock, order charged and shipped same day, delivered in 2 days instead of 3).

Yeah I've had a long wait to get a refund and they also sold me something that said it was instock and then tell me it's actually backordered. I refuse to shop from them as they are quite shady.

ordered a eVGA 7800 GTX from the back in february, and had no problems from ordering to delivery. but reading around in this thread and in other forum, it seems that my order was before monarch's customer service went to hell...

i just recently ordered a opty 165 from them. They said there was a problem with my card and billing address which was the same as the shipping. So i emailed them a couple days later they responded and a couple days after that i recieved it. Works fine. I dont know if they did it on purpose but they bumped me up to 2 day shipping for free, which was nice

Back in Jan/Feb I decided to put together a "mega" game system (or whatever). 7800GTX SLI, FX-60 CPU ($1K+ at that time), etc.

Due to their great word-of-mouth, I had been thinking about ordering from Monarch for probably close to a half-yr. It was not an impulse buy, nor did I just stumble across their website. (Until the dual-core FX-60 appeared, I was about to do a dual Opteron set-up on some Tyan motherboard... for those thinking "the fx-60 hadn't been around for six months..."))

I ordered it on-line, and was surprised to see my CC's # pop-up on my cell phone... Wonder what they want? It was their fraud dept. wanting to be certain I had indeed placed this order ($1,900 if I rem right) with Monarch. I kinda brushed it off, didn't ask them any questions, and just told them "yes, I did." They just wanted to be certain.

Now, I was so excited about getting the computer that I didn't want this to be any alarm in my mind. But in my previous 15+ yrs of ordering on-line/etc, this was only the second time my CC's fraud dept had contacted me. (The previous time was also a situation that in the end ended up not being so great, with me having to re-contact my credit card company for assistance... In a nutshell, the place I ordered from kept charging me and charging me for an item until they hit my credit limit... At which point the charges started being denied, at which point the retailer said they would not send me my order as my card was denied... Their were MULTIPLE good charges on my card, just they didn't know what they were doing... My CC company even offered to call the retailer with the multiple good approval codes, but the retailer said they would just wait until all of my charges cleared off of my card... Needless to say, never ordered from them again...)

Well, I think about a week went by (it was an order for a barebones system, takes a few days to assemble and test...), and somehow I came across some threads in some forums about Monarch might not be using quality parts in their builds, and maybe parts fail... Couldn't be certain on this, but it made me a bit antsy... I was only saving maybe $200 from just going to my local shop that always does great work for me...

So the day came when I was expecting they may be shipping my order (per their time schedules on their website...) I wanted to see about maybe speeding-up my shipping...

Well, they hadn't done a darn thing yet with my order. Then, they didn't even seem to know what my order was (although I had my order # in all contacts I made to them). Then they started sending me e-mails with the wrong name. They don't know my order, now they don't seem to even know who I am?

Since I was antsy anyway, I decided this was a sign to just cancel my order. I received a few "are you sure you want to cancel?" e-mails. It seemed multiple people in their own office were getting mixed-in with something there.

Anyhow, I did (sorta) receive a "your order has been cancelled" ack., but then nothing.

I don't rem how long I waited (maybe a week, maybe two) before I contacted my CC company. (I didn't want to contact them too soon and have them say that I haven't given the retailer time to comply or something...)

My CC company was able to pull-up the charge in question. They also mentioned before I could that it had been flagged by their fraud division. Before I could get my full story out, they told me to just file a chargeback and "let us handle it."

I'm kind of wondering if "Monarch" was already a flag for them?

I must admit, at least I did get some communication (and quick at that) from Monarch about stuff (until I cancelled, anyway)... But ALL of the communcations from them were terribly confusing...

My impression was that the place was being run by a bunch of HS computer "freaks 'n' geeks"...

In the end, I do have to say I was really surprised by my experience, considering the excellent word-of-mouth about them up 'til that point...

I purchased an Opty 165 from them during the huge opty coupon days.. No problems whatsoever. Took a few days longer than most places, but I expect that.

Jasonx82 said:
Monarch is horrible @ returning money.. its always 5-6 weeks + from my personal exp. :eek:
Over 2 months IME.

I've posted my story here a couple times, do a search if you really care. One thing I don't recall mentioning though was the fact the the Monarch Deals guy that posted here outright lied to me several times about my refund over the course of two weeks.

I do have to give them credit for the product packaging though :)

I've had decent luck. But I typically go to their store directly since they are about 10 miles away from my house. I will admit however that the last time I went in there around August or so the vibe there just felt much different. It was in a way I just couldn't put my finger on. I really do hope that they get whatever it is fixed as in the Atlanta area most of the shops are shady or crappy. You can see this in all the lawsuits that Microsoft has put on the local stores here in the past year for piracy.

Tolyngee said:
I must admit, at least I did get some communication (and quick at that) from Monarch about stuff (until I cancelled, anyway)... But ALL of the communcations from them were terribly confusing...

After reading mroe about Monarch, and re-reading my old e-mails, I came to this conclusion (also posted on another forum):

Actually, looking back at my e-mails from earlier this yr, I change the story I mentioned earlier at hardforum about Monarch. I now wonder if all of my e-mails were from a single person, just trying to continue the confusion surrounding my order. And them getting my name wrong? I now wonder if call me "Billerbeck" may have been some odd way for them to take a cheap shot at me?

The way Shawn's acting really, really makes me wonder... At the time they seemed just completely disorganized... But maybe it is organized manipulation!?!?!?

Astrogiblet said:
lol. Your bashing a well known, VERY highly regarded company for following tax laws? And they ship fedex shipping too, ya know?
eh a highly regarded company for sure but less highly regarded as of late than it once was. one of my biggest complaints of newegg, which is a recent thing, is the individual item shipping charges. i remember back when they had a total shipping charge. but now they do it individually and im telling you, on a lot of the things they ship, they are NOT paying nearly as much to ups to ship those products as they are charging to ship them. for example i just bought two usb flash drives. together they were incredibly light and took up VERY little space. i paid ten dollars for shipping, five dollars a piece. lets say i had bought six of those drives. i know for sure it wouldve costed much less than ten, probably 8 to ship the drives, when i end up paying 30. its like the egg is charging people who buy the less expensive products to make up for them offering free shipping on the high value products. they really should cease this per product shipping scheme.

arcturus said:
How can [H] learn from this?

Clearly when a vendor is sponsored by a site and is permitted to advertise, it's reasonable to expect that the site in turn has an implied responsibility to its members to assure that the vendor is living up to its end of the bargain.

As this is a higher standard, member criticisms, especially those that show a consistent and repeated nature, need to be resolved in prompt fashion, not in knee-jerk reaction such as thread deletion or member ban. It looks pretty hypcritcal for members to be banned only to discover their complaints were indeed justified and the vendor is pulled.

Perhaps a sponsored vendor subforum might be in order. After all, poor service by the vendor makes the site look bad too. On the other hand, successful resolution in a public forum is seen as a great characteristic, a company we'd like to deal with in the future.
Quite Fucking True. Basically, not saying anything on this matter even though you advertised Monarch to us looks VERY bad on [H]ardocp too. So as grown adults, it'd be most responsible if you shed light on this Kyle. whats going on with the recent removal of Monarch advertisements and Monarch deals in the hotdeals?

NordicRX8 said:
The only thing I have ever ordered from Monarch was an OCZ Powerstream PSU. That was over a year ago. CC was charged immediately, took 3 days for the order to be processed and then it shipped. Other than the "process time", everything went smoothly.
Was getting ready to order a CPU from Monarch when C2D hit and AMD prices dropped... then I started reading about all the problems... I went elsewhere for my CPU (newegg. in stock, order charged and shipped same day, delivered in 2 days instead of 3).

as someone said earlier, i do think their poor service is mainly on their big items. the ones that they actually use to acquire ur funds so they can float on lol

khuyakuya said:
eh a highly regarded company for sure but less highly regarded as of late than it once was. one of my biggest complaints of newegg, which is a recent thing, is the individual item shipping charges.

Yep. It stops me from buying little items from them. They stick them all in the same box and the total weight is still under the mininum weight on UPS's rate table, but you still pay for each one to be shipped. Not cool.

Met-AL said:
Yep. It stops me from buying little items from them. They stick them all in the same box and the total weight is still under the mininum weight on UPS's rate table, but you still pay for each one to be shipped. Not cool.
i think its VERY unethical for a company to profit off of the shipping and handling. too bad there isnt a law against it. cuz i know for fucking DAMN SURE NewEgg is cleaning up on Shipping and handling.

As for all of this.......its too bad Monarch has problems, perceived or otherwise.

It certainly isnt [H]'s problem. Any company can advertise anywhere, as long as they pay the bill. It appears Monarch is gone from here, so one must assume they couldnt pay the bills or simply pulled their advertising to save money.

As for NewEgg......I agree pricing individual items and sticking with it when multiple items are ordered is a bit extreme. However I ordered a bunchof stuff last month and the shipping was much less than what the individual items would have added up to, so I think they're fixing that slowly.......but I have to cut them some slack......they have to pay people and all that packing material aint free.

I don't feel even slightly bad for monarch and the situation they've put themselves in, if they don't have a safetey net, then close the doors. You can't stall people out and hold onto their cash like this and stay in business. I've seen multiple threads on different forums about them holding onto $2k+ of their customer's money, in my eyes that's unexscusable. Whether you got good service in the past or not, that's dirty business. I'd never trust them with my money after this debacle. To be quite honest, I can't understand why some people defend them.

And as far as newegg it made me sick seeing them go to UPS as the default carrier, they lost some business from me because of that. Everytime UPS comes to the door with something it looks like the box went through a war..like 10 people took turns giving it a blanket party.

hrm.. never had any problems with Monarch. I've probably ordered over $25,000 or more worth of merchandise from them over the years for work and personal use. They always pick up the phone when I call and they take care of my RMA pretty quickly. I just did a RMA last week and already got it back this past Friday. Shipping is also quick for me. I did a pre-order on my 5000+ mobo combo, and I got that within 7 business days. I just did another order on a X2 3800+ mobo combo for work, so we'll see how that goes. But up until now, I have zero complaints and I actually favor monarch over newegg for most of my purchases. The only thing I have a complaint about with monarch is that if you want to ship to something other than your billing address, you have to have your credit card company approve the transaction and add the new shipping address to your billing address. That is clearly stated in their terms and conditions though that you agree to before you purchase. Some people just don't read, then they blame the company for their mistakes.

Such a shame, I've ordered several things from them through the years and always had zero problems. I didnt even mind the sig required crap on their shipments.

Looks like I'll have to avoid them.

The problems are NOT with their policies. The problems are spelled out in numerous other posts mainly that they are not refunding money for many people. Be it that those people canceled their order or if Monarch canceled the order, the common theme is that people have to waste time trying to contact Monarch, be lied to, then have to do the CC charge back thing.

What is most fascinating to me is Monarch seeding threads or review sites to improve image rather than fix their problems.

I have had 2 orders with them in the past and neither one went great. On my last order, I was lied to by Monarch, plus tried to contact them but was unable to do so because they didn't reply to email or answer phones. I did not submit a review at RR so their current 4.7~ out of ten score for the last 6 months is not due to me but rather Monarch.

i dont know where i got my cpu and mobo from. i thought zipzoomfly but then i checked my order history with them and there is no sign of it on there. then i checked my newegg order history and saw no sign of it on there either, so its POSSIBLE i ordered my mobo n cpu from them but i cant remember. if i did, it was hitch free but i cant remember so bleh

This is why I love places like [H]. The transparency of information. I'll definitely inform my friends about this and recommend them to go elsewhere.

lol im just some guy on a bunch of different forums.

I just posted in a few spots telling people MY experience with monarch, seeing that so many wont buy from them unless "good" reports come in.

EDIT: WTF? I never posted that on reseller ratings! Thats not me! Thats really stupid and annoying.

EDIT2: that seems to be the second monarch alias. damn, thats really stupid.

jcll2002 said:

I just posted in a few spots telling people MY experience with monarch, seeing that so many wont buy from them unless "good" reports come in.

EDIT: WTF? I never posted that on reseller ratings! Thats not me! Thats really stupid and annoying.

If that's true, maybe you can get OC Forums to show what email that alias was registered under.

jcll2002 said:

busted?

It all just seems to me that monarch's owner or employees are willing to go to any length...

How can anyone trust a company that is soo unethical. :confused:

There is a slight problem in that post, which in a minute (once I register over at OC and reseller ratings) I will post about over there as well.

Here is a the problem...the OC mod posting in the forums over at RR had this to say about the various repeat postings under different names

What this clown Areyoukiddingme did was find this ORIGINAL post by jcll2002 dated 10-25-06, 07:59 PM

And then on 10-26-2006, 01:19 AM Areyoukiddinme cut and pasted jcll2002's post and posted the EXACT thing here verbatim

OK here is the problem...he got it backwards...

The Areyoukiddinme post ocurred at 10-25-2006, 07:19 PM on RR Forums. Then jcII2002 posted the same thing over in the OC Forums at 10-25-06, 07:59 PM. So something still isn't right...It appears that jcII2002 copied the post, not the other way around.

Hmmmmm. Interesting, very interesting.

i didnt fucking copy anything. this is really starting to piss me off.

i bet your time zones are off or something because theres no way he copied what i said.

khuyakuya said:
i think its VERY unethical for a company to profit off of the shipping and handling. too bad there isnt a law against it. cuz i know for fucking DAMN SURE NewEgg is cleaning up on Shipping and handling.

It does not bother me at all, as long as I know how much the total is before I send my money. The only thing that is unethical is hidden charges. If you think the shipping is too much than you shouldn't buy the product.
Ribs

jcll2002 said:
i didnt fucking copy anything. this is really starting to piss me off.

i bet your time zones are off or something because theres no way he copied what i said.

It (time zones) might be the case, but someone else pointed that out to me, so it can't just be me. And please don't take any of the above as pointing the finger at you...because that's not my intention...my intention is to call out every last unethical mofo that has to do with monarch :D

I belive the mod from OC, it seems like you just got caught in the middle. And for someone who hasn't had a problem with them in terms of sales/service, you HAVE to be loving the $hit they are draggin your online handle through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back