Must Kill Teddy Bears

Wow, very impressive. Wish I had enough skill to do stuff like that.

Very [H]

lamarth said:
Sorry - I did look thru the posts but I must've missed that...must be old age setting in :(

I feel your pain.;)

lamarth said:
Do you usually use .dxf files on your plotter, or does the plotter need a specific/specialized file format?

Again it really depends on where you go. Most places will take .dxf and .eps. files. what they hate is you give them a 10 pixel thumbnail bmp and want a 12" decal from it. just don't do that and you should be ok.

:D

Sheldog23 said:
I feel your pain.;)
I appreciate it :cool:

Again it really depends on where you go. Most places will take .dxf and .eps. files. what they hate is you give them a 10 pixel thumbnail bmp and want a 12" decal from it. just don't do that and you should be ok.

:D
Ok- I found a place near work- I'll go hassle them during lunch about what they'd need from me. Thanks again!

Here is a small update for you...

The little bear in the window.
I made some broken glass effects around the little guy and put some Red LEDs around him to accent the edges. Rather menacing for a little feller. I got this Idea from HL2. I actually tried to talk brandon into making one of the bears have a gasmask on. I am glad he turned me down because I think it would have confused the theme. But it would have liked to see a combine bear. :D

littlewindowlit.jpg

detail
preside.jpg

Wide shot.
I am not sure if I am going to keep the lighting this way or not. I need get the rest of the stuff in and play with it. For now there it is.

Then I decided to make some fan grills. Because that lame blade thing wasn't doing it for me. So I made two slightly similar bear heads.

dosgrills.jpg

the consensus around work was the right one is best so I put it on the front, and the other on the back of the case.

frontgrilldetal.jpg

front detail
Grillfront.jpg

wide view.
This front fan is also going to be changing to a RED LED fan.
Grillback.jpg

Well, thats it for now. Hopefully I will be getting lights in soon. maybe monday for another update.

I was hoping you were going to get rid of that hideous blade grill, I just didn't want to say anything. Even a blade grill couldn't take much (if anything) away from this simply amazing mod. A+++ :D

Wow great, I love those fan grills.
How did you cut them? they are so clean
good job!!

I'm lovin' the art and the case. However, I think you ought to tone down the lighting a little. I'm a fan of more subtle lighting, and all one color. I'd ditch the LED fans altogether, and just have two ccfl's for lighting. Probably just me, though.

No matter what, this is still an incredible case. I'm really impressed.

[H] :cool:

hey love the mod two questions tho
1. what type of paper did you use for the art work
2. how did you get it to stick to the acrlic (spray glue)?

anyways a small update:

Well, I installed 2 Blue Meteorlights on the top, 2 White CCFL's behind the MB side art, A red Thunder CCFL in the center bottom, 4 Red LED case feet, 2 Red LED pads around the Bear in the window, and 2 more on either side of the MB side case art. I then hooked up everything except the lighted feet and the Meteor lights to the Lightbus. This is all without any hardware yet which will be installed on monday when Brandon brings his computer into work.
fullfrontal.jpg

fullthreequarter.jpg

fullside.jpg

This is with all the lighting on and turned up all the way. The Lightbus has a dimmer on it along with a ton of other features. So I can make each light as bright or Dim as I so desire. Here is a series of pics showing the dimming of the MB side art.
whitecc1.jpg

whitecc2.jpg

whitecc3.jpg

whitecc4.jpg

I need to do a little tweaking to disperse the white light a little better. I have some ideas for that but I will wait for when I have all the hardware in.

The LightBus has up to 627 effects on it according to the box. Its really quite insane. I am doing a review of it and will have it posted on the CaseModGod main site shortly. so stay tuned for that.

I took a short video of it with the 2 presets on. Its madness but check it out if you want. The file is a 1mb ziped file.

http://www.austinpcmods.com/images/pics/Mustkillteddybears/madnesslow.zip

I'll be honest, later pic's seem to be just "too much light" kinda pic's. But then I've always been a fan of a bit more subtle as opposed to rather garish.

Maybe move/shield the whites so they are providing a more even glow on just the MB side of the case, as it stands now, the two vertical lights are kinda, distracting. I'd probably say along the top and bottum with reflectors to spread the light's out over the whole side.

and I think the earlier contrast of the blue/red was very nice and subtle.

Like I mentioned before the white CCFLs are going to be diffused. I just want to wait till I get all the hardware in. I agree that with everything on high it is too much, but I was kinda going for an insane nightmare when I built this case. Which is what I got when its all crazy. But you can't have it like that all the time.

That is the beauty of th lightbus. I can have it anyway I would like, or more to the point, Brandon can have it anyway he wants. The blinking lights are cool and everything, but we all know that as a daily comp he will probably just have a favorite setting of subtle lighting..the rest is for show when friends come for drinking. :D

i gotta tell you man that is insane . that is one of the best if not the best visually designed case ive ever seen.
The lighting effects when done effectively yet subtlely are absolutely magnificant!

AWESOME!!

That is a cool case. You should do this professionally, or take orders....

darktiger said:
That is a cool case. You should do this professionally, or take orders....
yeah you could do orders on side panel windows, like the lian li side panel windows, then once there done you can sell them. and do other panels to. you know the ones that you get for your case after you buy the case

netcoord said:
hey love the mod two questions tho
1. what type of paper did you use for the art work
2. how did you get it to stick to the acrlic (spray glue)?

i would still like to know this if you could please

netcoord said:
i would still like to know this if you could please

Its not paper its premium white vinyl. We have a Mutoh Falcon 2, 52" ink solvent printer. It prints inks onto the vinyl. Making it a big colored sticker basically.

If you want to check out all the machines and supplies at my work check out the "SHOP" pics at the end of this page
http://www.austinpcmods.com/images3.html

Here are some pics of the donor case. It will be properly shot and buried in an unmarked grave after all parts have been transfered.
abomination4.jpg

abomination.jpg

note the fine craftsmanship on the PSU air intake
abomination3.jpg

and of course the "VW beetle wiring harness" inspired internals.
abomination2.jpg

We got a lot of work done and most of the pieces are in. I fixed the White lighting issue and the lighting is now beautiful. It requred me to route a channel in acrylic drive cage but it went well. Now I just have to put the mobo and cards and clean up the wiring. Should be finished tommorow.

damn that is some serious talent, I could do that, but it would take me one hell of a lot of time, cussing myself fit, and rulers, and probably end up with something half decent, but that is some real talent you got there man.

Sheldog23 said:
and of course the "VW beetle wiring harness" inspired internals.
abomination2.jpg

:D So true!!! My 64 bug's wiring took 3 days to unravel!

Heck of a nice job there. I don't comment too often, but your art is so [H]ard I just can't help it.

OK. I got all the bezels on. Including the one attached to the DVD and the Light bus. Its getting there.
Frontfinalassembly.jpg

I got a little more wiring because with all the hardware in it subdues the lighting. I really was expecting that and wanted it to some extent, but the must kill teddy bears down the right hand side of the bezel isn't lighting up. So I am going to cover it in frosted vinyl and add some blue LED's back there.

Not to mention I tried to fire it up an my Mobo went Kaput somewhere in the transfer. So now I have to get another one. So that sucks.

Here are some pics of where I am now. This is with all the harware in including the bad mobo.

Finishedfront.jpg

as you can see from this pic the MKTB down the bezel is just invisible.

finishedmbside2.jpg

stay tuned for more...

Someone should make a simple mod or skin for quake/unreal/etc to go with this case. This case is awesome.

talley said:
Someone should make a simple mod or skin for quake/unreal/etc to go with this case. This case is awesome.

Thats a cool idea. Maybe a Q2 one. I allready did an unreal one.

anyhoo here is the final update. I need to fix a few things I noticed in my pics but they are minor. So here we go.

cpusideG.jpg

Not much difference on this side. New MSI mobo and you can see the Zalman Cooler with its blue LED fan. Lights are toned down a bit more. Though you can't really tell in night shot mode.

FinalthreequartersG.jpg

Here you can see the MKTB along the bezels is now lit blue. Along with how the drive is Stealthed. I love the writing on the wall. 8)

Detail on the drive stealthing. I cut of the screw heads and glued them to the Bezel. This way when it is closed it looks screwed in and matches the rest of em.
DVDdetailG.jpg

here you see the Blue MKTB alond the side better. Also finally chaged ther front fan to Red.
frontquarterclsd.jpg

frontquarteropen.jpg

TopviewG.jpg

TopviewG1.jpg

I put in a mini ATX board because he just doesn't use all the PCI slots. Plus the bottom two have the light swithes in it anyway. I added this piece of Acrylic with carbon fibre look vinyl to cover the empty space and to keep the red glare from shining through to the artwork on the back.
carbonpanel.jpg

I didn't get to clean up the wiring and mod the inside as much as I wanted too. It is all out of site for the most part. I just thought it would be cool to do some Defyant style wiring. In fact there were a lot of things I would have done to this had it been mine. Brandon was going through some serious Comp withdrawal though so I felt bad and let him take it home and play with it. Maybe he will be inspired by these forums and work on it some more.

Excellent work man! In total how much u think that vinyl cost? Would u be interested in making other skins?

Kudos on the unique theme. I love the look. My favorite parts are the lighting scheme and those fan grills. Keep up the good work.

Thanks guys. I had a lot of fun building this one.

You can get vinyl prints like this at a local sign shop. I couldn't tell you the cost because it really depends on the shop, the artwork and its size. I can tell you that my artwork would have cost upwards of $200.

Back