Need with hooking hdtv to my computer

IanSMK

Weaksauce
now i bought a dvi cable to connect from my video card to my tv, it hooks up and i get display on my tv... but im having a lot of software based problems, the nvidia software pops up and i try and set my settings the way i want them but its reallly annoying, like all of a sudden the properties windows are on my tv and i gotta drag it over to my monitor, and the tv isnt getting a propper display, its a 65 inch widescreen and windows isnt properly fitting onto it..i hit format on the tv but that only made it worse so havin trouble... i dove into this without reading exactly what i needed to do because i thought it was plug and play easy...heres what i want to do, i want to have the tv set up so i can sit back and game on it from my pc, i dont want any of that dual monitor stuff where i drag stuff back and forth, i want the same image on both screens, was the dvi cable the right choice or should i have gotten this

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-999-203&depa=0

i figured since my tv has the dvi hookup that the cable is best but then i saw that, it also has those inputs... im probably wrong but whatever...

anyways please someone help me out...im really discouraged and im thinking of just returning the cable and forgetting the whole idea

The ATi Component adapter ONLY works with ATi cards. If you have an nVidia card there is no way you can use this. I think a lot of people at the AVS forum uses this adapter for connecting HD displays. Whether or not you use this adapter you will need to get Powerstrip. Install that and after finding out the native resolution of your HDTV, set Powerstrip to output that to your TV. I think after playing around with Powerstrip you can get an awesome picture, especially with your DVI connection.

my monitor
post-69-1093124416.jpg

my tv mitsubishi 65 incher brand new from best buy
post-69-1093124490.jpg

sigh :confused:

Input when Used With DVI HDCP compliant E-EDID (Enhanced-Extended Display Identification) 1.3 compliant DVI-D uncompressed, high-speed, digital single-link connectionSuggested scan rates: 1080i, 480p, 480i.

I got this from what I assume to be the manual for your TV. I checked the AVS forum and found this thread.. Go down to the lengthy 5th reply, it has Powerstrip settings for a Mitsubishi W55819 which is very similar to your display. Hope this helps.

yea but should i be using the nvidia software and if so what setting?

Just leave your display settings in the nVidia software alone. Powerstrip will overwrite anything you have in that. All I can say is to try out Powerstrip as it is the very program you need.

Back