New 6200 @ 6600 + benchmarks (3DMark03/05, Doom3, CS:S)

yeah.... i did that. The options are greyed out though (overclocking & hardware monitoring).

Maybe it has to do with not using official Nvidia drivers? i've got the XG 76.41's

yes, it is the leadtek

hummmmmmmmmm, no, I believe its not about the driver version... hummm, what you have to do is go to an option in the winfox that updates itself... then try if the options are not greyed out anymore...

anyway if you can't get the temperature with winfox, you can use the bios modification trick, and then use ATITOOL to stress GPU, monitoring the temperature at windows video advanced properties

idle temp - 52 celsius
Full load (ATI tool crashed, ran tribes Vengaence and UT2004) - 62 celsius
Max temp - 67 celsius

seems fine to me, as winfox has the warning at 100+

running 400//680

GTPoompt said:
idle temp - 52 celsius
Full load (ATI tool crashed, ran tribes Vengaence and UT2004) - 62 celsius
Max temp - 67 celsius

seems fine to me, as winfox has the warning at 100+

running 400//680

so you have made winfox temperature work? Humm did you download the last version of ATITOOL? it stress much more than anything the GPU... try another version, maybe it will work. here winfox has the warning at 132oC, there its the same? thanks.

rthdribl is a better stress test than ATITool. And it doesn't crash as often either. ;)

ran rthdbl

idle temp in windows, 54 (little hotter today in the room)
min in rth... 61
max 71
average rth :67

winfox says overload is at 132, so 70 should be fine...

edit: need to worry about mem temps? i am under the impression boosting memory speeds will do more then core speeds

ok, I ran rthdribl... max temp 77oC... then I ran ATITOOL = 83oC... ATITOOL is still better to test max temperature of the board... and I've got those temperatures using RivaTunner, I found out the funcation that I always was searching for: place the temperature in the tray bar... thanks riva tunner...

WinFox was always giving me a temperature 4 - 7oC lower than windows/riva tunner, so I believe the right temperature of rthdribl was around 72oC... if you can run ATITOOL I still recommend because it will toast your VGA... feedbacks are welcome as always...

well, it is the same core as the 6600GT if I'm not mistaken and that runs at 500 mhz right? so then pxc is right and there is a lot more headroom than we think. I don't know whether the cooling on the GT is better though.

80 doesn't seem that bad though, i mean when shut down is at 132, thats a lot to go. And it's not like any of us play ATITOOL or rthdrbl all day :). and second, if it blows up in two years because of overclocking, it was still a good deal.

Ok, I removed both core heatsink and HSI heatsink, cleaned up and applied Artic Silver 5... max temperature in rthdribl is now 70oC and ATITOOL = 74oC... much better!! idles at +or- 52oC... now I can do some overclock... one question: when you overclock with coolbits, do you always change both 3d and 2d options equally or only 3d?? I mean, for games/benchmarkes...

overclock 3d only.

Those scores are pretty good :)

hmmm, the AS5 seemed to help more than i thought it would

i honestly don't think its worth it to pay $20+ for a vga heatsink, i mean, it's a budget card in the first place. add 20 to the cost and you're approaching GT prices.

However, I hear theres a way to stick an AMD XP heatsink on a video card... i have one laying around, maybe i'll try it out if i get time

yes, I agree with you that there's no point in buying a low cost VGA and keep spending in it with a comercial VGA cooler and etc, ... the only thing I applied in it is ramsinks home made with an old TNT2 aluminum heatsink that I cut in 8 pieces :) :) :) and applied with thermal adhesive... the strange thing is that they don't even get hot... but I checked the memory itself and it also not getting hot, so I believe that the ramsinks are working pretty good!

When Coolbits doesn't allow you to overclock more, you press the "test configuration" button and it says that didn't accept the clocks, is it safe to go ahead with another program or should I trust Coolbits?

i use rivatuner for overclocking, and it works fine. I also am using XG 76.41 drivers so I can OC there too (and have the option for fan always on).

what's the difference between normal 76.41 and XG 76.41?? does it gives better scores in 3dmark?

I think so. XG's are optimized a bit different. Also, you don't need coolbits to OC.

I am about to bite the bullet and get a new card. Which AGP 6200 would be better?

The Leadtek 128mb or the Chaintech 256mb? Both are 128bit cards. The Chaintech is $1 more than the Leadtek at the 'Egg. Would 256mb of memory show any benefit over 128mb?

/edit
Sorry forgot to finish my post.

the 256 mb memory might be 4.0ns or slower, while the leadtek is 3.6 and stock 550 mhz memory.

So does this temperature sensor exist on the board or on the core? I am a little suprised that they set the temperature limit so high if it's on the board.

I just bought a refurb'ed Leadtek 6200 from the EGG. Pipes are unlocked and OCing tonite. Neet little card for my second pc. :D

Grabbed a refurbed AGP Leadtek myself. It keeps freezing up in games (screen stops refreshing, but program continues to run), but I'm hoping shutting off fastwrites will solve the problem. Unlocking the pipes worked fine, but I'm running without them until I can isolate the freezing (in case I need to RMA a THIRD CARD to the Egg).

I havent disabled fast rights,but its running fine, I pulled a 42.5 aqua mark and 6290 3d 03, So I cant complain about this card at all. OC'd core to 375 and RAM to 690. :D

So should I back the RAM down some? Its seems to be doing good, I gamed on it and benched the crap out of it.

hmmm when i run it OC'ed i turn down the 2d settings to about 200/350, as theres no real point in running 2d any faster for me.

the nvidia driver display won't let me take my ram over 703 mhz, nor will rivatuner, doesn't artifact at 698 even

Leadtek 128/128, @ 8x1, 450/675, happy @ 62xx in '03 and completely satisfactory gaming performance... I became very poor and had to sell my 6800NU, and around the same time my 20" dell died and I had to go back to a 17"... for 10x7 and 1152x864 gaming this card really shines... I just love having a 6200 that performs almost on par with a 6600GT (I also had one of those, and liked it plenty)...

pxc said:
As usual, my whining in the other 6200 thread was for nothing. :p

I got the 6200 today ($80 shipped "refurb" at newegg) and not only was it in a retail box with all accessories (manual, cd, HDTV dongle, DVI-VGA adapter, etc), rivatuner also successfully unlocked the 4 extra pipelines and it still overclocks pretty decently unlocked: 400MHz core/675MHz memory so far (300/500 stock). :D I haven't tried higher yet. It's almost like getting a 6610 XL (400/800) for $80.

All benchmarks were run @ 400/675 with all 8 pipelines enabled:

6728 3DMark03 http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=3780594
2743 3DMark05 http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=656909

Doom3, HQ, 8xAF, 0xAA, timedemo demo1
1600x1200 32.0fps
1280x1024 43.8fps
1024x768 63.0fps
800x600 79.4fps

CS:S, all options high, reflect world, 0xAA, trilinear, custom aztec 6 player demo
1600x1200 55.13fps
1280x1024 73.78fpsfps
1024x768 86.37fps
800x600 97.21fps

Nice card for running games @ 1280x1024. Best $80 i've wasted recently. :D

What was the exact card?

I may just have to look for one of these. :D

How loud or quiet is the fan on the Leadtek A6200 TD? I am building a Shuttle XPC for an office environment and I can't have it too loud.

luxolex said:
How loud or quiet is the fan on the Leadtek A6200 TD? I am building a Shuttle XPC for an office environment and I can't have it too loud.

Loud is subjective, but my Leadtek 6200, in my second rig, is very quiet.

I got my Gigabyte 6200 128 MB PCI-E yesterday, currently running at 530/670. Rivatuner or nVidia's control panel won't let me go any higher on the memory, I can higher on the core but get artifacts. I left Rthdribl running all night last night, and when I got up this morning no artifacts with the settings at 530/670. I also have the other four pipelines unlocked. I'm loving this car so far.

CamaroRacing said:
I got my Gigabyte 6200 128 MB PCI-E yesterday... I left Rthdribl running all night last night, and when I got up this morning no artifacts with the settings at 530/670. I also have the other four pipelines unlocked. I'm loving this car so far.
awesome!

Leadtek A6200TD AGP card, moded with Sparkle 6600AGP BIOS, OC 550/700
:)

7726.jpg

goranm said:

7726.jpg

Nice. Whats the rest of your system? I ran my Leadtek 6200td for a few weeks at a mild 500/650 with the pipes unlocked, until I scored a 6800 :D.

goranm said:

7726.jpg

Did the Sparkle 6600 bios unlock the pipes? Do you still have to use Rivatuner to unlock after the flash?

kurt454 said:
Did the Sparkle 6600 bios unlock the pipes? Do you still have to use Rivatuner to unlock after the flash?
No, I still use Rivatuner to unlock pipes...
:(

Nuc_E said:
Nice. Whats the rest of your system? I ran my Leadtek 6200td for a few weeks at a mild 500/650 with the pipes unlocked, until I scored a 6800 :D.
Athlon64 3000+ (Newcastle core) OC @ 2400Mhz (10x240)
2x512DDR500 Kingmax HardCore

Oh this is a very dangerous thread...I can already feel the $$$ being sucked from my wallet :D It's like the GeForce2MX all over again only better.

I was wondering how the results of these overclocked cards would compare to a 9700 in both 3Dmark and real world gaming. I'd run 3Dmark myself but everytime I try my system reboots; I think my card might be dying. TIA.

Back