New Crysis settings unlocked (umbelivable version)

Nice. So what the hell is nvidia doing? We need some beast here!!

Yah...this is the first game thats really made my 8800GTX fold, I really want to see what Nvidia have to offer next and how it tackles Crysis.

Dropping to 1280x800 on my 30" is painful but it looks so much nicer in high settings compared to medium.

You feeling ok :D or is that a hint that the HD3000 are something to look forward to

I dont think the high end is about to change at all. NVIDIA is going to own that $300+ space on perf. So don't read too much into my post.

you notice in the vids the fps are in the teens and its not lagging. what with that?

well the FPS counter only has a problem it only supports 2 digits. So what u are actually seeing is 1XX FPS !!! over a Hundred!!!, they were using ATI's HD3000 in quad crossfire !!! :D:rolleyes::D

Video capture framerate is likely either 29 or 30 fps so you're not going to see the movement lag as much as you would firsthand at the framerates it was being played at.

I guess that by the time someone creates a decent game on top of the crysis engine, we'll already have hardware to run it. ;)

well the FPS counter only has a problem it only supports 2 digits. So what u are actually seeing is 1XX FPS !!! over a Hundred!!!, they were using ATI's HD3000 in quad crossfire !!! :D:rolleyes::D

Are you being serious about the video cards? Where did you find this information

Maybe but thats kinda hard to believe with the settings that high!!!! and it looks like it has AA on that just don't sound like ATI lol. But wtf do I know

This editor is really pissing me off. My gd settings keep resetting for no gd reason. :mad:

Remember those preliminary shots where you were throwing a soldier through a wall and it didn't break like in the demo, but rather splintered up?

The demo was a little disappointing (when compared to the prerelease videos and shots) to say the least, felt like Far Cry. These shots however, make it more like the game we saw at E3.

baet and switch

Uhhh... slightly different concept. Bate and switch, by definition, would be advertising something that the company doesn't actually have, just to get you in the doors, and then trying to upsell you to something else. The screenshot you see there was released a long time ago as a technical demonstration. Even if they were to still be advertising with that same screen shot today, it wouldn't be bate and switch, just false advertisement. As it were, it's just an old screenshot that serves as a visual representation of what they were trying to accomplish with Crysis (and by the looks of the screenshots in the first post, it is possible. Not necessarily at a playable framerate, but its still possible).

I just really want to know what the setup was that allowed these screen shots and videos to be taken..

Many developers do this. Look at Oblivion, for example.

I've never seen an Oblivion screenshot that was not achievable in game. Developers do not promise framerates, so if the settings can be achieved in game, regardless of the framerate hit, there is nothing false about their claims. Furthermore, the term bate and switch still completely does not apply here. At the worst, you could call it false advertisement, and that would be assuming it actually was an advertisement, not a tech demo.

Absolutely insane... I wonder how many years it will be before we have computers that can run those settings at a smooth 60+ frame rate.

With 50 to 60+FPS on Very High +2x AA @ 1920x1200 ??..........I'd say two years.

Video capture framerate is likely either 29 or 30 fps so you're not going to see the movement lag as much as you would firsthand at the framerates it was being played at.

The guy who made the vid,said that recording this killed his FPS.Also it was GTX SLI
+Q6600.

I've never seen an Oblivion screenshot that was not achievable in game. Developers do not promise framerates, so if the settings can be achieved in game, regardless of the framerate hit, there is nothing false about their claims. Furthermore, the term bate and switch still completely does not apply here. At the worst, you could call it false advertisement, and that would be assuming it actually was an advertisement, not a tech demo.

I did not claim any such thing as bait and switch, I was merely stating that other games do not look like what is perceived at E3 or other conventions.

Concerning Oblivion: have you forgotten what RAI was suppose to be? If you visited the official forums when the game was released you would have been able to easily read how much was missing.

However, I am getting OT as of now so I'll stop.

Anyone else thinking about just waiting a while to get Crysis because of all the good games out at the end of this year and the fact that their PC will be crushed by it? :)

Anyone else thinking about just waiting a while to get Crysis because of all the good games out at the end of this year and the fact that their PC will be crushed by it? :)

Yea, but thats just because I have a habit of waiting a little while after a release to let them get the bugs ironed out a little more before I purchase, I already bought two games this month so I should be good for awhile.

IMHO the difference between the the demo and the video provided by Crytek is moot since we don't even have the GPU to run the game at very high settings @ 1280.

Hopefully Crytek will release a patch/update to enable those kind of settings when we have the hardware to run it.

I would just prefer to have the option already available, even if a 8800gt oc SLI will play it @ 20~30fps average, they should've made an extremly high option for the demo and retail

Actually, for Oblivion, what was shown to us in the beginning, was better than what he got in the final game. Shadows for example. They were everywhere in the videos we first saw, especially the first part of the game, where we are in prison. The final version of the game, was severely cut down. It still looked good, but definitely not as good. Look for the video @ youtube. I can't find it now, because youtube is blocked here, but I can post the link later.

As to the OP's pics, WOW. I hope a 8800 GT can handle those settings and provide acceptable framerates, since it's the card I'm looking at right now.

what does it mean "new crysis settings unlocked"? is it something beyond very high that we got in the demo and it will be available in the retail version?

In the video it is someone playing the game with beautiful detail but it doesn't say where it all came from... anything anyone?

what does it mean "new crysis settings unlocked"? is it something beyond very high that we got in the demo and it will be available in the retail version?

In the video it is someone playing the game with beautiful detail but it doesn't say where it all came from... anything anyone?

i think it has been arlready stated in this thread (by me). the crysis engine itself can be set a lot higher than is available in game right now. its not technically locked or anything, just not setting via the in game options. it doesnt matter much at this point as the highest range cards in sli are needed just for the very high stuff.

Think of it like this: "Very High" in the game, is like "Medium" in the engine.

The engine's variables can be set a lot higher - not to mention that they removed the super ultra high shaders (and some other super ultra high stuff) because they wouldn't run whatsoever on current hardware, on the crysis boards there's many people saying crytek will patch in those shaders a year from now.

The game/engine was built to be scalable and last for years. You can see some of those settings in this post in the table
http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=11614

I miss the wild boars.. and a few wild snakes and other animals/insects would really liven up the jungle a lil bit more

this thread fails or I cant read. HOW IS THIS DONE??? link?

The link in Drexion's post two up talks about some tweaks to get "Ultra High" settings but the
screen shot comparisons still don't look anything like the video.

This will just make me delay my next build even longer... Oh well someone freeze me and thaw me out in 2 years when i can play the game.

I think I was wrong with saying it was from Crymod Forums has I can't seem to find it there, however it is still a custom map that someone made in the editor, we won't be seeing any graphic improvements until next year even later (beyond 9800GTX/Ultra Cards)

Back