New Crysis settings unlocked (umbelivable version)

Yes it was a custom map made by somebody.
I found it on the incrysis forums.

also I heard that we will get graphics like those shown above when crytek releases a patch apparently 18 months from now, to run on new hardware....

i might call Bs on that comment, but thats what i read somewhere

at the same time, that might make sense considering many of gameplay videos we saw from crytek had better graphics than what is currently crysis

Means nothing was "unlocked" at all. The mapper just used the sandbox and the same features/objects/textures/shaders that are already available in the demo to make that map :)
Why do the E3 demo's look exactly the same?

I found the pictures I wanted to post before!
So I must post them.

How's this for next generation graphics ;) [Half Life 3 Beta Build]

Low Bloom:
2004851097006606772_rs.jpg

High Bloom + Post Processing:
2004868273124140645_rs.jpg

Not really, just shopped photos :D

maybe im blind, but i dont get why people are so excited over those vids. i mean its a low quality flash video. i can't really see the detail in that. ive never played crysis tho, just watched a friend play it on his machine, but i wasn't really impressed

maybe im blind, but i dont get why people are so excited over those vids. i mean its a low quality flash video. i can't really see the detail in that. ive never played crysis tho, just watched a friend play it on his machine, but i wasn't really impressed

Then we have to ask, what DOES impress you? COD4?:rolleyes:

you notice in the vids the fps are in the teens and its not lagging. what with that?

I'm not sure but even when the FPS drop to the low 20's on my machine the game still feels playable and relatively smooth.

Yes it was a custom map made by somebody.
I found it on the incrysis forums.

also I heard that we will get graphics like those shown above when crytek releases a patch apparently 18 months from now, to run on new hardware....

i might call Bs on that comment, but thats what i read somewhere

at the same time, that might make sense considering many of gameplay videos we saw from crytek had better graphics than what is currently crysis

Cevat L (for liar) Yerli stated that the videos they showed at E3 06' was the same features as in retail. Most of those statements start off as "I wonder if it'll be updated in 18 months" and weeks and threads later turn into "I talked with Crytek in person and they said there will be a graphics patch in 18 months".

By 18 months, I believe they meant that it will take 18 months for technology to catch up and play the game maxed out. My system in my sig gets 1-5fps at 1680x1050 with 8xaa on very high. Even with double the GPU power I don't see it running at more than 20fps on those settings this time next year with all new hardware.

[/QUOTE]

With this beautiful luxurious setting. I would rather be playing games and hunting down prehistoric dinosaurs than Crysis. Crysis gameplay is extincting pretty fast.

Keep in mind Crytek's first project using the Far Cry engine was XIsle...a dinosaur island. :p Mod makers could put dinosaurs in Crysis too, and I'm sure I saw a dinosaur mod for Far Cry. (not sure if they ever finished it though)

LOL....to get images like in the OP, at 30+ fps, is going to need at least 2 of the next gen cards (both with 2 gpu's each card!), a fast quad core, and probably 4gb of ram.....:p

Even that may not be enough....:eek:

Seriously though, those images look fantastic, if only we could actually see that today, but alas, it's a pipe dream at the moment....

Back