New Lian Li PC-V354 m.atx case : Specification & Feature

Maybe not.. Essentially they could have 4 above the PCI slots just like the q08 & Then 3 below in standard Lian Li Tradition (next to the PSU)

What the hell was I talking about here.. That couldn't work.. the PSU is next to the PCI, not below it.. Thinking about it though the answer is probably 4 as the upper front stuff would be identical to the q08

I really hope its considerably smaller in volume than the A05.
The A05N (ATX) is about 2,393 cubic inches in volume.
The V354 (M-ATX) is about 1,969 cubic inches in volume.
The A05N is 22% larger than the V354.
For comparison, the V352 is about 1,865 cubic inches in volume.

If you look at only the side profile, the A05N (290 square inches) is 45% larger than the V354 (200 square inches).

Edit: As Apollo686 has pointed, there does seem to be a typo on the German link with regards to the size of the V354. I've edited my volume comparisons. These volume calculations makes more sense now.

Last edited:
The width has got to be 251 not 351... Typo?
That does seem to be correct. You can see the 5.25" bay and the extra ~2 inches on both sides of the bay in the photos. That makes for a nice 9.88" (251mm). Clearly it doesn't look like it's 13.82" in width (making it 4.29" of extra space on both the left and right side of the 5.25" bay!).

Thanks for pointing out my mistake!

The German website from which I took the specifications was: http://www.hardwareluxx.de/index.ph...54-pc-v1020-pc-v2120-und-pc-k63-gehaeuse.html
"Das PC-V354 misst 351 mm in der Breite, 306 mm in der Höhe und 420 mm in der Tiefe" does indeed appear to be a typo.

Last edited:
Anyone else think the V35x series is getting uglier with each revision? 350 looked amazing, 351 was pretty nice, 352 was eh, now this one is just gross with almost the whole front covered in holes... I understand the value of better cooling, but damn, they just don't have that sleek look from days past.

I can't wait to see pics of the inside of the case. I like it, and can't wait to see what the price is like. I've been wanting to ditch my A05 for a mini ITX or micro ATX case for a while now.

Anyone else think the V35x series is getting uglier with each revision? 350 looked amazing, 351 was pretty nice, 352 was eh, now this one is just gross with almost the whole front covered in holes... I understand the value of better cooling, but damn, they just don't have that sleek look from days past.

The 352 is way fugly. This 354 isn't bad at all but it is substantially different than the other 35x cases. Maybe it should have been a new series.

The 352 is way fugly. This 354 isn't bad at all but it is substantially different than the other 35x cases. Maybe it should have been a new series.

I think it should have been a Q series not a V series.. Even though its a larger Form Factor it is built like the Q series

pics

v354_04.jpg

v354_24.sized.jpg

v354_06.sized.jpg

It seems to me like it would make sense to make this 1.5 inches taller and make it full atx to make sure the psu doesnt obstruct a tower cooler, but i still really like this case.

pics

v354_04.jpg

v354_24.sized.jpg

v354_06.sized.jpg

It seems to me like it would make sense to make this 1.5 inches taller and make it full atx to make sure the psu doesnt obstruct a tower cooler, but i still really like this case.

Due to the fan placement a tower cooler would be better being horizontal then vertical so its lined up with the top fan. Either way though this looks like it will be h50 friendly..

& Thanks for the pics & Now I can just say I definitely want one.

Liking the new design changes Lian Li made. Wish they kept the exhaust opening just one big hole instead of perforating the aluminum. Case looks slightly taller but much more slimmer which really helps in complimenting the mATX format.

Wait.... is that a USB male connector inside the case? :mad:

Come on Lian Li.... you got to be kidding me.

I never thought too much of the V3xx series. Just never had much interest in them but this new one caught my attention. Its not bad looking IMO. I'll have to consider it if I ever retire my SG03. :)

All USB 3 cases are like that.

Ah I didn't know that.

But that is disappointing though. Having to route a USB cable to the rear of the computer case is kinda... meh

I guess there isn't any motherboards with USB 3.0 headers yet :(

Having to route a USB cable to the rear of the computer case is kinda... ghetto
(

Fixed it for you :D.

Yea no USB 3 headers yet, but I imagine Lian Li will offer a replacement or a converter for this case once USB 3 headers become mainstream. Thats one thing I love about Lian Li, they don't leave their old customers hanging.

I was wondering what you guys thought about the airflow in this case with a tower air cooler. It seems to me like the airflow could be really good, however I have some concerns. If you had a tower cooler horizontal, taking in air from the top and exhausting onto the back of the video card, the PSU would end up sucking out some of the heat but it do you guys think there will be a dead spot on the rear of the GPU, or possibly the chipset area? I know some mATX boards have issues with chipset cooling so this seems like a pretty relevant concern.

Oh yea max GPU length with bottom drive cage installed appears to be 240mm or so, thats how long standard mATX boards are anyway. One thing that may be of some concern would be shorter GPU's with side mounted 6pin PSU plugs (like a 5750 or something) interfering with the PSU since there is not much clearance. Since most cards have the PSU connectors near the end of the card this shouldn't be much of an issue for cards over 200mm in length.

Oh yea max GPU length with bottom drive cage installed appears to be 240mm or so, thats how long standard mATX boards are anyway. One thing that may be of some concern would be shorter GPU's with side mounted 6pin PSU plugs (like a 5750 or something) interfering with the PSU since there is not much clearance. Since most cards have the PSU connectors near the end of the card this shouldn't be much of an issue for cards over 200mm in length.
Oh yes, this has been on mind. Thanks for estimating it out. :)

Micro-ATX is 244mm wide. That is 9.60 inches. Hmm, I guess 9.5 inch cards cards with PSU connectors at the end of the card wouldn't fit though right? (Since we have to include the length of the 6-pin PCI-E plugs as well as the slack of the PSU cables bending into the calculations.) I wonder what it'll be like in reality.

Last edited:
Oh yes, this has been on mind. Thanks for estimating it out. :)

Micro-ATX is 244mm wide. That is 9.60 inches. Hmm, I guess 9.5 inch cards cards with PSU connectors at the end of the card wouldn't fit though right? (Since we have to include the length of the 6-pin PCI-E plugs as well as the slack of the PSU cables bending into the calculations.) I wonder what it'll be like in reality.

Probably not.. TBH though I don't see many people trying to shove more then 4 3.5" drives in this case with long video cards. Most that are going to want the full 7 bays are probably not going to be using High End Graphics & Vice Versa. I am sure some will, but not many. I Think its awesome to have the option though.

Probably not.. TBH though I don't see many people trying to shove more then 4 3.5" drives in this case with long video cards. Most that are going to want the full 7 bays are probably not going to be using High End Graphics & Vice Versa. I am sure some will, but not many. I Think its awesome to have the option though.

I will :D. Sandy Bridge Octo Core + GTX 470 SLI (I think it will fit) or 6850 XFire, 6 or 7 hard drives, 2 SSDs, and a BDRW mATX style bwhahaha :D. I wonder how hot it will get in there.

Anybody have any good cooling ideas for this case?

Interesting case. Looks like a larger version of the PC-Q08 and / or LianLi's version of the SilverStone SG03.

Some Dimensions Comparisons:
V354: (W) 245mm x (H) 320mm x (D) 420mm or 9.8" x 12.8" x 16.8"
V352: (W) 280mm x (H) 275mm x (D) 400mm or 11.2" x 11" x 16"
SG03: (W) 200mm x (H)360mm x (D) 312mm or 8" x 14.4" x 12.48"
SG01F (W) 263 mm x (H)216 mm x (D)393 mm or 10.52" x 8.64" x 15.72"
P180Mini 17.1" x 8.3" x 17.2"
LG DaBox 8.6" x 11.4" x 14.6"
NZXT Vulcan (W)180mm x (H)422.5mm x (D)406mm or 7.2" x 16.9" x 16.24" (w/Handle)
Qmicra V2F (W) 292mm x (H)295mm x (D)375mm or 11.68" x 11.8" x 15"

They made it a little larger than the PC-V352. Most likely so you can fit the bigger cards like the 5970s in it. Notice how its a little higher and longer than the new V2F Qmicra?

Last edited:
They made it a little larger than the PC-V352. Most likely so you can fit the bigger cards like the 5970s in it. Notice how its a little higher and longer than the new V2F Qmicra?

The orientation of the components is not the same as the Qmicra, Or any other case listed there for that matter. If you want to compare it to anything on that list the Vulcan is probably the closest & the difference in the dimensions can be explained by the fact that the PSU is at the very bottom of the Vulcan & its next to the PCI slots in the v354 making the v354 a little wider & a little shorter.

I really with this would jsut show up on newegg.. I am tired of the crappy ass cooling in my b-gears case & having to turn my fans full blast before gaming..

next case for sure.

you can have 3x 120mm fans and 1x 140mm fan in a case that's *rally* not that big. nice!

everytime this thread gets bumped I click into it with excitement thinking "maybe its here"

haha

lol my apology and for bumping the thread up again ;).

Since the USB 3.0 comes in the male USB connector any idea if there is an adapter to the regular USB female header?

I don't like the idea of routing the cable outside the case and plugging it into the USB 3.0 slots nor do I think I'll own any USB 3.0 devices in the near future.

Back