New Lian Li PC-V354 m.atx case : Specification & Feature

Ya know I am really torn right now between this & a PC-q11.. I really like the dimensions on the q11 better, but I also want triple monitors (either NV Surround or Eyefinity). So the Problem is that for the q11 it looks like the best card is likely to be a 5770 which isn't enough for what I want (want at-least a 460 or 5830) & the 460 will fit, but I need a 2nd one to run 3 monitors. Thus kicking me back to ATI & the 5830 I have now & still in MATX.. It really makes my life deciding difficult.

This case is really awesome and might be the case for my new build that I am planning.

Only problem is, the more I look at it I feel that you won't be able to mount a H50 to either the front or the back b/c of clearance issues.

You could possibly mount it on the front but will have to sacrifice the top 120mm fan in order to do so. On the back, there is not enough clearance between the fan mount and the top of the case.

This case is really awesome and might be the case for my new build that I am planning.

Only problem is, the more I look at it I feel that you won't be able to mount a H50 to either the front or the back b/c of clearance issues.

You could possibly mount it on the front but will have to sacrifice the top 120mm fan in order to do so. On the back, there is not enough clearance between the fan mount and the top of the case.

I am fairly sure you will be fine with an h50 on the back..

I am fairly sure you will be fine with an h50 on the back..

I have to agree with Gist901. It looks like the H50 will bump the 140mm fan up top; especially if you use a fan shroud in between the rad and fan.

I have to agree with Gist901. It looks like the H50 will bump the 140mm fan up top; especially if you use a fan shroud in between the rad and fan.

thats no reason not to use the h50.. But I must say that 140 on the top is in 1 piss poor location.. Its off to the side above the motherboard so you actually couldnt use any thicker of a fan without it physically hitting the motherboard.. This being said mounting a 120mm in the same spot moving it a bit farther away from the back will clear any thing there.

to be honest about it after having a Lian Li PC-q07 that diddnt overheat I am not worried about just dropping the top fan all together.. It should still be a pretty cool case anyhow..

the lower hdd cage looks like it's removable, but I was unable to find anything on it. does anyone know if it's possible without cutting it out? it's just a concern of mine because I'm looking for a relatively small case that can pack some big punch w/o having to worry about cooling (was also thinking about modding the door and flipping the psu around so it didn't take in mobo/card exhaust or interupt that airflow loop goin' on).

either way, I think this settles it for what case I'll be looking for if I decide to go with an m-atx build over atx :D

Whats the biggest graphics card you can put in here? Dang sucks I have an atx motherboard=p

$180 - $200 yikes! :eek:

That is a pricey case. Why do i always the most expensive stuff:p

I expected $150. But considering that the V352 was $150, it's unsurprising that the V354 costs more.

Quite expensive indeed.

expensive indeed.

also the comment by keith on that maximum pc site, reallly annoyed me...

It does come with an optical bay cover, no case ever supplies an IO plate due to the sheer amount of diferent motherboards,

any why the hell would you use it in a kitchen or kids bedroom

Haha yeah for real. And a splash of liquid would probably be fine anyway. I dropped Coke onto my FT01 before and (like all cases) there is a lot of not-open places for it to splash on to... Just be sure to turn it off before the liquid seeps into the circuitry. It's not like it's 100% exposed or anything. And a "sealed" case would get pretty hot pretty quick...

As nice as that case is, it's not worth $180 - $200 to me. I guess the search for a home for my new i7 continues.

Or if you don't find one in a couple months it'll come down. The 351 was 150 dollars, and now it's what, 90?

I really wanted this case for my WHS build. Hopefully the price will drop by the time it gets to Newegg.

early adopters pay the most for everything - really sucks.

It does indeed. I just picked up the final piece of my new built over at the For Sale / Trade section and I need a house for everything. Might have to bite the bullet and pay full price for this as I haven't found a decent alternative.

It's down to this case or a Qmicra v2. I'm leaning towards the Lian Li, I like the layout slightly better.

End of August, so they might go on sale within the next two weeks? I can't wait until these show up. Where do you think the best place to purchase one will be?

It's down to this case or a Qmicra v2. I'm leaning towards the Lian Li, I like the layout slightly better.

End of August, so they might go on sale within the next two weeks? I can't wait until these show up. Where do you think the best place to purchase one will be?

I've been trying to figure that out too. Haven't seen any sites taking pre-orders.

One thing that concerns me about the case is the psu placement. The psu will be pulling hot air from the videocard in then exhausting it. Wouldn't this shorten the life of the psu drastically?

Last edited:
I've been trying to figure that out too. Haven't seen any sites taking pre-orders.

One thing that concerns me about the case is the psu placement. The psu will be pulling hot air from the videocard in then exhausting it. Wouldn't this shorten the life of the psu drastically?

I'm hoping that the PSU will actually face the other way, so that the fan is facing the outside. I am hopeful that the side will be perforated so that it can breath in fresh air from outside the case. That would pretty much eliminate the PSU, temperature wise, from the rest of the case.

I think it should be fine. Silverstone Sugo series PSUs take in heat from the CPU and output it, and the GPU is below the CPU in the SG03 and Sg04, so it must also suck up some of the GPU heat. Those appear to be fine. Besides, depending on how high up the graphics card is on the mobo, the PSU might not even suck in that much heat from the GPU since the heat from the GPU will rise and the PSU is placed next/below the GPU.

Has anyone heard what the release date is or at least the month? I'm curious about this case.

Has anyone heard what the release date is or at least the month? I'm curious about this case.

Only news so far is end of august. Black and silver for $180, red for $200. No vendors announced.

finally, so hopefully this case will be on their website in the next couple of days...

any development on if this is still being launched this month? by "end of August" do they mean the actual last day? :D

I'm wondering the same, thinking of moving from my sugo03 to this but still doubtful on the h50 fitting in this one

any development on if this is still being launched this month? by "end of August" do they mean the actual last day? :D

There is a large container of them sitting in a shipping yard somewhere right next to a container full of the q11's all destined for newegg.. but alas we all have to wait..

I'm wondering the same, thinking of moving from my sugo03 to this but still doubtful on the h50 fitting in this one

What about the using the top 140mm as an exhaust. I swear I've seen a photo showing it has holes for 120 and 140 fans, but I can't seem to find it now.

Edit: Found it http://lian-li.com/v2/tw/product/upload/image/v354/v354-07.jpg

Edit 2: I've returned a case telling them something didn't fit, which was true and got a full refund. They paid shipping and charged no restocking fee.

Last edited:
Nice! That might work then, looks like it should give just enough clearance for the height of the h50 rad too, hopefully there is enough space for fan and rad so that mobo doesn't prevent it fitting althogh slim fan could fix that too.

I might just take the chance and grab it from newegg soon as it's out and find out. Anyone experience with newegg's return policy on a case? :)

Last edited:
returned a case many a time to Newegg noproblem just had to pay the shipping plus the 15% restocking.

I would think it would fit the H50. Not sure about the H70 though. We'll have to wait for it to hit stores and see some reviews, not to mention see what the early buyers say about it as well before we know for sure.

I still think you may be able to squeeze either into the rear of the chassis. I know there isnt much space above the rear 120mm, but it doesn't take much either..

I still think you may be able to squeeze either into the rear of the chassis. I know there isnt much space above the rear 120mm, but it doesn't take much either..

The problem with using the rear 120mm, would be the top 140mm getting in the way. That's why I mentioned using the top with 120mm instead of the included 140mm.

The problem with using the rear 120mm, would be the top 140mm getting in the way. That's why I mentioned using the top with 120mm instead of the included 140mm.

with a slim fan on it I am not so sure..

Back