• Like It

Votes: 52 51.0%
  • Dislike It

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • Other (post in thread)

Votes: 15 14.7%

• Total voters
cyks said:
lol, he tried to take a pic of shimmering.

Yep donno wtf he's talking about, I tried the new drivers, coming from the 84.66 ones I can't tell any differences except for the new menu which I disliked so I switched back to the old menu anyways I don't notice any difference in image quality or performance.

sculelos said:
Yep donno wtf he's talking about, I tried the new drivers, coming from the 84.66 ones I can't tell any differences except for the new menu which I disliked so I switched back to the old menu anyways I don't notice any difference in image quality or performance.

please read entire thread before replying. :rolleyes:

We Want Dual Display Support!

:)

pandora's box said:
please read entire thread before replying. :rolleyes:

I did read the entire thread, but I can't see shimmering in that screenshot, and in Counter-Strike I havn't noticed any shimmering.

sculelos said:
I did read the entire thread, but I can't see shimmering in that screenshot, and in Counter-Strike I havn't noticed any shimmering.
man you are really lost. you originally replied to the comment "lol, he tried to take a pic of shimmering" by cyks. the point of that comment was shimmering cannot be seen in a still photo. you have to be playing a game or take a video of it.

trek554 said:
man you are really lost. you originally replied to the comment "lol, he tried to take a pic of shimmering" by cyks. the point of that comment was shimmering cannot be seen in a still photo. you have to be playing a game or take a video of it.

Oh, thats what his point was :p , I feel like a retard now, now that I think about it my brain must not be working properly at this point.

Did anyone else notice their game look much better?

I played Call of Duty 2 for maybe 2 weeks when it came out and it crawled on my system. After a clean install of these drivers, I am getting like 50-60fps that is up from 15-20fps?!?!?!?!? How can this be? UT2004 is pretty much the same performance, but the image looks a bit cleaner. I am still getting 85fps in UT2004. I also locked down the threading option in the drivers to force it. I guess with this new release, duel core is finally here to stay with better driver support.

DVD playback seems to be smoother as well, no hickups when I am running my cyberlink DVD software. Also, WMA HD plays nice as well. SO does quicktime files.

I have to say I am amazed with these drivers. Games and Multi-Media files run flawlessly. GRAW is now a bit more playable. I was getting 15-20fps, now I get 30-35.

Way to go Nvidia!!!!!!!

The Cobra said:
Did anyone else notice their game look much better?

I played Call of Duty 2 for maybe 2 weeks when it came out and it crawled on my system. After a clean install of these drivers, I am getting like 50-60fps that is up from 15-20fps?!?!?!?!? How can this be? UT2004 is pretty much the same performance, but the image looks a bit cleaner. I am still getting 85fps in UT2004. I also locked down the threading option in the drivers to force it. I guess with this new release, duel core is finally here to stay with better driver support.

DVD playback seems to be smoother as well, no hickups when I am running my cyberlink DVD software. Also, WMA HD plays nice as well. SO does quicktime files.

I have to say I am amazed with these drivers. Games and Multi-Media files run flawlessly. GRAW is now a bit more playable. I was getting 15-20fps, now I get 30-35.

Way to go Nvidia!!!!!!!

Hmmm, good the drivers solved problems for you, I like them as well Oblivion is playable (smoothly) with all sliders maxed at 1280x960 HDR except with GrassShadows Off, Havn't noticed any ohter differences although I've only played counter-strike:source and it was running flawlessly before.

g33zy said:

:)

I think this is a hardware limitation with SLI (why I said to hell with it).

Someone may be able to correct me if its not but thas what I had heard...

My control panel crashes everytime i try to click something.

3D settings, Display or Video/Television

They all crash the panel.

Any suggestions?

Enable coolbits and it will show the overclocking option in the 3D Settings

I marked other on the poll, only because i am not used to the new GUI and was very familiar with the old CP

It must be my set-up (I see others with the X-Fi fatality on this thread with no problems?), but it doesn't play well with my X-Fi card. Sin Emergence sound stutters. Went back to the 84.83's and all is well. Did like the control panel though.

I can only see temps on 1 card too. Plus all my game profiles are gone. The only thing in the drop-down menu is the global settings. Maybe a reinstall will fix.

Anyone notice a faster boot of XP with these drivers? The loading bar on my boot screen would always make about 1 or 2 passes before the desktop loaded. Now, the bar doesnt even make 1/2 a pass. I've never had a vid driver help my boot times.

ok - tried the new goods last night.. I don't really like the new panel as much as the old one. The original flavor seems to give you very good access to a wide array of configuration sub-menus in a nice compact format.. very intuative and easy to use. the new one seems to require some hunting to find the options which I was able to find more easily with the original. Maybe it will just take some getting used to? perhaps.

As for the drivers, they seem pretty good. IQ is excellent. Performance seems pretty good.. I need to do more testing.. I just fired up a couple of apps to test and then hit Zzz-land pretty hard last night. ;)

Is it just me or are the profiles totally jacked up on 91.28. I make any change in Classic mode to a profile, like bf2.exe, and *boom* the profile won't revert back and overrides even the General default profile.

I make any changes to the profiles in new CP and they are lost once I close it.

Revert back to 84.43 and things work again.

DimFilter said:
Is it just me or are the profiles totally jacked up on 91.28. I make any change in Classic mode to a profile, like bf2.exe, and *boom* the profile won't revert back and overrides even the General default profile.

I make any changes to the profiles in new CP and they are lost once I close it.

Revert back to 84.43 and things work again.

Yeah I have the same thing. I heard its affecting everyone. Really annoying. I also unchecked the option for the icon in my system tray and it reverts that back alsol

^^ lol. I fussed with that tray icon thing also.. it's persistent. I went back to the old style control panel and unchecked it there which seemed to keep it off. whew.

I'm still using the classic control pannel, because I have non-Unicode programs set to Russian, cause otherwise winamp doesnt recognize ID3 tags in russian, and it seems that the nVidia control pannel is non-unicode. I speak russian fluently, but when it comes to something specialized like computers, english is just that much easier.

Well I got mine working. Didn't uninstall the old drivers first. :rolleyes:

I'll keep the new control panel. No sense trying to hold on to the old one when change is inevitable :p

I'll just start getting used to the new cp

Lazy_Moron said:
NEODARK: Probably, but these are BETA, so it can always be added.

Is it me, or arnt the custom profiles for games saving. I go to Oblivion, and set it to 8xAF and like 10 seconds later, it changes back. Anyone else getting this?
This happens to me too, I'm using version 84.25.

Ok CP is ok, but these new drivers give me problems in Counter Strike 1.6. When HE nades explode next to a wall the explosion effect is replaced by a solid black rectangle

Otherwise good, i might go back to 84.43 if this bugs me too much. It seems ATI/NVIDIA forget about old games

Seem OK for NFSMW and FEAR today, played a fair bit of both, although I did notice in the dark in FEAR that some of the glass used on balconys was rendering geometry behind it all a set shade of grey, I think it was only in one area though.

I tweaked my control panel as always, for those of you who use the application specific settings a lot and are fed up of all the premade ones do the following.

goto c:\windows\system32\

Open up a file called nvapps.xml in notepad (right click > open with)

Delete all profiles out of that file everything from the start of [profile] to the end of [/profile] for each game except one, save and close.

You have to leave one game behind because if you delete all of them when the control panel goes to edit that file once you add a new game it can't seem to do it correctly, if you leave behind one profile it can fine. Once i'd created 1-2 profiles I closed the control panel again and re-edited that file to remove the original profile, leaving me only with what i've added.

Please note: don't save that file while the control panel is open

It's irritating that they set up certain profiles themselfs and make them impossible to delete, I've not used them in ages but when they first did it they forced certain settings using that as well, the method above is a good way to get rid of those premade profiles and set it up yourself.

Hey guys ive been meaning to ask, whats the best settings in the nvidia control panal for quality? I want my games looks uber nice

Frosteh said:
Seem OK for NFSMW and FEAR today, played a fair bit of both, although I did notice in the dark in FEAR that some of the glass used on balconys was rendering geometry behind it all a set shade of grey, I think it was only in one area though.

I tweaked my control panel as always, for those of you who use the application specific settings a lot and are fed up of all the premade ones do the following.

goto c:\windows\system32\

Open up a file called nvapps.xml in notepad (right click > open with)

Delete all profiles out of that file everything from the start of [profile] to the end of [/profile] for each game except one, save and close.

You have to leave one game behind because if you delete all of them when the control panel goes to edit that file once you add a new game it can't seem to do it correctly, if you leave behind one profile it can fine. Once i'd created 1-2 profiles I closed the control panel again and re-edited that file to remove the original profile, leaving me only with what i've added.

Please note: don't save that file while the control panel is open

It's irritating that they set up certain profiles themselfs and make them impossible to delete, I've not used them in ages but when they first did it they forced certain settings using that as well, the method above is a good way to get rid of those premade profiles and set it up yourself.

some of the profiles that nvidia creates have fixes for the game in them. like the doom 3 profile has af forced off as its better to use in game af.

I cant seem to get the eve profile to accually work.. I have it forced at 8saa and 16af but it doesnt work in the game...
If I set the global profile to those settings instead of app pref it works.. Just not the eve profile :( It doesnt want to do the settings

ok - going back to the 87.25s. I was getting graphical errors in Oblivion.. like unshaded plain grey surfaces and such.. not artifacting.. but like missing textures.. no thanks on that. Plus games seemed a little herky-jerky with the 91.28s.. performance wise.. just a little sluggish..

pandora's box said:
some of the profiles that nvidia creates have fixes for the game in them. like the doom 3 profile has af forced off as its better to use in game af.

Yeah I know, but I like to be able to spend 10 minutes experimenting with the settings myself and deciding whats the best performance to visual trade off and setting it myself.

I thought that was the whole idea of the profiles.

using the before mentioned coolbits registry entry, it only gives me two choices, no overclocking and automatic overclocking

there is no manual option with the sliders to adjust clockspeeds......

at least Rivatuner supports my card now :)

**EDIT, nevermind....i had to switch folder view to Advanced to get it to show up......sigh...

I re-tried the 91.28s last night and applied coolbits and the OCing part worked just like the old one.. detect optimal worked and I could manuall pick the speed. I think I may have not tested the 91.28s enough before backing out.. they seem to work fine for me now. performance and IQ and very good.

the test button for manual overclock doesnt seem to do anything, or at least it does it so fast you can't notice o_O

Seems dodgy to me

I liked it. It's nothing that made my jaw drop or anything like that, but it's nice.

I like it, it works great except I miss the ability to name my custom profiles and seperate them from the original profiles. Sometimes I'd make more than 1 for a single game. E.G. Quake 4 SLi and Quake 4 Multiplayer SLi which I would name

*** Quake 4 SLi *** or *** Quake 4 MP SLi ***

respectively.

The asterisks would put these profiles on the top of the list and made all of my custom profiles easy to find.

Lazy_Moron said:
Yeah I have the same thing. I heard its affecting everyone. Really annoying. I also unchecked the option for the icon in my system tray and it reverts that back alsol
Out of curiosity because people are just used to closing the CP, did you notice there is an apply button after you change a setting?

Back