New Xbox Experience is Live?

took me 10 mins to find how to change themes. Not sure im sold yet. I need to mess around in here still. Party chat was cool, 5 people from different friends on their lists then jumped into gears. Fun.

Its cool that when someone on your friends list is in a party, you can see all the party members.

Every menu, and every action in including the guide button menu are substantially faster now for me. Like Domingo, I have a new Elite, so I don't know if that is why it's faster than |Tch0rT|'s

just figured i'd drop in to mention that NXE sucks.

it's true because i've seen it, used it and only my opinion matters.

you all might as well just stomp on your xbox consoles. :eek::eek::eek:

:p

After installing the NXE, I've had MULTIPLE system crashes... settlers of catan simply stops working online at all for multiplayer, and even crashed the game as well. Fallout developed some very awkward hitching problems.. it's just been a total disappointment as a whole...

Had to try out the party function last night, and the party chat is awesome. I love being able to talk to EVERYONE at the same time. Makes life much easier in MP games. However......

I found this very interesting. We wanted to try out a MP game, and it seemed the only one common to the four of us was Halo 3. So even though I haven't touched the game in months, we decided to give it a go. I pop the disc in, fire up the game, am informed there's an update for it, install it, the game restarts, and then I get a screen that basically says "NXE is pretty awesome, but don't install Halo 3 on your hard drive. If you do, the game performance will suffer. It was optimized to play from the disc so play it from the disc." Huh? :confused: What the fo? Admittedly I'm not technically versed on this, but it doesn't make much sense.

Installing and playing from the HDD is one of the features I was most looking forward to. Wonder how many other games claim to run better from DVD than they can from the hard drive.

So far every game I have installed runs better from the HDD. Halo 3 is the first exception found.

It looks really nice but it's cluttered and doesn't utilize the screen space well IMO. I'll get used to it over time I guess. 16:10 support and game ripping is worth it though. MS definately got the wow factor down with the update though. The 360 really needed that.

I'm getting used to it. I really wish the "What's Hot" menu wasn't the one it opened to by default. It's a game system...why should I see video ads for a commercial when I turn it on?
I found the way to clear off all of those lame-ass demos from my account so now I think I only have like 15-20 games on my profile.
Installation is nice, but it wasn't dramatic improvement for most games. GTA started faster, and Gears 2 loaded quicker once you get past all of those required intros. For those with a small HD, just install the game you're playing at the moment and kill it off when you move on. It doesn't help enough to really worry over. If you do have a big HD, it doesn't really hurt much either...so go for it. Installation takes maybe 7-8 minutes on average.

I personally don't like the overall look and design, i just don't need all this flashy mombo jumbo. I just want something that is there to work and allow me to play games with my friends.

so far I'm liking it I only spent a few minutes with the new interface. I installed Saints Row 2 to the HD and it was smooth sailing and it didn't take that long either. I hope they add more options for the avatars in the future, more clothes etc, things like that.

I agree, I don't like having Spotlight as the default channel. They should allow gold members to be able to turn that channel off or move it.

As for the HDD installs, it's a huge improvement. Not just on speed, but on the quietness of the Xbox 360. Now when I play games, it doesn't make any noise! (oh, and it saves on the disk drive wear and tear).

I personally don't like the overall look and design, i just don't need all this flashy mombo jumbo. I just want something that is there to work and allow me to play games with my friends.

Just click on the guide button. That is the no frills, hard core, get to the point gaming interface. ROCK solid.

Just click on the guide button. That is the no frills, hard core, get to the point gaming interface. ROCK solid.

It took me a bit to realize that the guide button actually brings up a very compact and basic version of the old blades. I think a lot of people are overlooking that as they're blinded by all of the new flash and glitz.

I'm in on the vote for axing that stupid Spotlight channel, or at least burying it somewhere else. I also don't like the fact that the first window on My Xbox is the current game in the DVD instead of my profile. Sure would be nice to be able to move some of this stuff around.

I prefer the game to be first under My Xbox. It is, after all, first and foremost a gaming console. The number one thing I want is FAST ACCESS to my game. Turning on my Xbox 360 with a game already in the tray, I go up one, click A and I am in my game.

It looks really nice but it's cluttered and doesn't utilize the screen space well IMO. I'll get used to it over time I guess. 16:10 support and game ripping is worth it though. MS definately got the wow factor down with the update though. The 360 really needed that.

Personally, I found the original dashboard to be much more cluttered. Here's an article that basically sums up my feelings on it. Don't get me wrong, I liked the original dashboard, but ads (despite almost always being game related) took up too much of the screen, and various things just weren't where they should have been. For example, the "Active Downloads" section in the guide was in a completely ridiculous spot! It was under "Personal Settings" for some stupid reason. My guess is it was thrown there as a complete afterthought. Now it's right where it should be, on the guide.

I'm in agreement with a lot of other people here, in that the "My Xbox" section should be the default page it's on, when the system loads. Not a huge deal, but it would be nice. I already hid that one channel. I can't remember what it was called, but it was just the thing that showed what was new.

I just wish they made the interface sharper. The text looks a bit soft, which would probably looks fine and easy to read for most people who sit far away, but I'm sitting really close. Maybe its really 720p upscaled to 1080p. I'm not a big fan of the PS3 interface, but it is very shape at 1080p.

i don't have Hard drive.. now i can't log in xboxlive .. i don't have money to buy HDD right now.. hella stupid.. what kind of update force people to buy HDD?? they send me a site to get free 512mb stick,, i enter my serial id and console ID.. nothing happen.. came back to the main page..

i don't have Hard drive.. now i can't log in xboxlive .. i don't have money to buy HDD right now.. hella stupid.. what kind of update force people to buy HDD?? they send me a site to get free 512mb stick,, i enter my serial id and console ID.. nothing happen.. came back to the main page..
Supposedly, you need 128MB free on either a memory stick or the hard drive. Is there anything on your current save method that can be deleted (and then, presumably, redownloaded) to free up the space, or is it already too small (I don't even know what capacities Microsoft has sold over the years)?

Music player still lame as ever; can't view your music based on the folder layout on your PC.

New dashboard = FAIL

Pick up the phone and give them a call. You can get a 20GB harddrive from them for $20 (limited time offer). I would recommend going for that. If you're truly broke then try eating salad for a week or two. You'll save some $$ at the grocery store.

Pick up the phone and give them a call. You can get a 20GB harddrive from them for $20 (limited time offer). I would recommend going for that. If you're truly broke then try eating salad for a week or two. You'll save some $$ at the grocery store.

I don't think I could eat salad for a week. That's like forcing you to play those shitty barbie games for a week, 3 hours a day. =\

i did like wat u said.. they still transfer me to the upgradeharddrive page.. which is doesn't work for me...now i'm fuk... i don't have $100 SOMETHING to buy the hdd.. i have to wait till somebody give me for christmas!!!

Honestly, besides being able to finally install games to the HD, I HATE the new dashboard.

i did like wat u said.. they still transfer me to the upgradeharddrive page.. which is doesn't work for me...now i'm fuk... i don't have $100 SOMETHING to buy the hdd.. i have to wait till somebody give me for christmas!!!
If I could understand what you typed here I would feel awful for you!

6.5GB for most things.

so i installed halo 3 cause my gf plays it often thinking she can play her other games and go back to that whenever.... well it still requires the disk so still gotta get up and change it out... (which i guess is smart cause before i relized that i thought what would stop people from renting games and installing them")

so needless to say the 2-3 seconds i save in load times is not worth the 6.5gb of HD

also i dont like the new dash board... the Mii's are fun but an obvious copy from wii other than that its WAY to busy

oh and it keeps freezing my xbox (never happened previous to this update)

Don't install halo 3. It's one of the few games that takes longer to load and doesn't increase any performance at all.

so i installed halo 3 cause my gf plays it often thinking she can play her other games and go back to that whenever.... well it still requires the disk so still gotta get up and change it out... (which i guess is smart cause before i relized that i thought what would stop people from renting games and installing them")

Uninstall Halo 3. Even Bungie is saying to on their site/forum, because it actually increases load times, when it's installed to the hard drive. The reason is that the game already caches data to the hard drive, for the maps and what not, and with the game installed to the hard drive the game is actually trying to read the install image, from the hard drive, and write that data in an area reserved for caching data, at the same time.

only reason i installed it cause i figured i wouldnt have to put the disk in.... its been uninstalled

Call 1-800-4myxbox and tell them you can't get the site to work. I'm sure you aren't the only person having difficulty.

$20 for an HDD of any size is sweet.

Hmm, my giddiness is dying down a bit. Oblivion is _flying_ through load times. However, last night, the game froze for the first time while doing a "quick load" (when walking up to a door in Imperial City). Hundreds of hours of game play and this was the first time. I'm a bit perturbed it's going to be frequent.

only reason i installed it cause i figured i wouldnt have to put the disk in.... its been uninstalled

Disc verification is still required with HDD install to prove you possess what you want to play. Otherwise you'd never have to buy another game. Rent, install, play forever. Rinse and repeat with every game on the planet. Not a good profit model.

i guess overall the NXE is ok its shinny and new and i like the game installs, but now the new car smell has faded for me.

Music player still lame as ever; can't view your music based on the folder layout on your PC.

Yeah, the music player really needs improvement. I finally messed with it last night, and unfortunately nothing has really changed. If they plan to incorporate the Zune and 360 marketplace in the future, they really need to improve the 360 player.

Back