New Xbox Experience is Live?

About how much HD space do you need to install a game?
It's ~5-6GB per game. Users with a 20gb harddrive (and thus only 11gb of free space) will only be able to install 1-2 games on their HDD at at time. I wish Microsoft would allow us to remove the emulation software they have loaded on that thing in order to free up some spcae!!!

It's ~5-6GB per game. Users with a 20gb harddrive (and thus only 11gb of free space) will only be able to install 1-2 games on their HDD at at time. I wish Microsoft would allow us to remove the emulation software they have loaded on that thing in order to free up some spcae!!!

I can install a total of zero games on my 20GB hard drive. With all the songs I've downloaded for rock band and guitar hero (9 GB), I only have 4.7 GB left. So sad... I was looking forward to the hard drive installs to counteract the disc read errors I've been having. Now I'll have to upgrade the hard drive before I can do that. Anyone know of any deals?

I can install a total of zero games on my 20GB hard drive. With all the songs I've downloaded for rock band and guitar hero (9 GB), I only have 4.7 GB left. So sad... I was looking forward to the hard drive installs to counteract the disc read errors I've been having. Now I'll have to upgrade the hard drive before I can do that. Anyone know of any deals?

Newegg has the 60GB starter kit for $100, includes a headset and 3-month Gold subscription, and they've got the 120GB HDD for $135.

Figure with the 60GB you'd have room for everything on your 20GB now, plus room for about 6 game installs.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Didn't have time to read the whole thread, but how do you install the games on the new update? I haven't had the xbox prompt me to do so yet...:(

While in the NXE, go to your game menu. It's the where you see your avatar, game library ,and media library. The very first menu item there should be a large picture from your game, saying "Press A to play <game>". Highlight that item and press "Y" to get an additional menu to copy to the hdd.

While in the NXE, go to your game menu. It's the where you see your avatar, game library ,and media library. The very first menu item there should be a large picture from your game, saying "Press A to play <game>". Highlight that item and press "Y" to get an additional menu to copy to the hdd.

You da man, thanks!

Back