NVIDIA nForce 680i Chipset Problems

DarkfallFan said:
My eVGA wouldn't even fucking post. I've been looking forward to getting a nice PC for years, get done with finals, then when I try to build my PC it won't even post. I tried everything I could think of/read and just had to RMA the damn board.

So much for enoying my break. By the time I get this POS to work I probably won't have any time to enjoy it.

Save your money buy a $150 i965 motherboard.
You have an 8800, no need for SLI.

chrisf6969 said:
Save your money buy a $150 i965 motherboard.
You have an 8800, no need for SLI.

Some of us like having SLI and feel that it is worth the money. Also, none of us knows if Crysis and Alan Wake will need that kind of GPU power. If your going to build a gaming computer and have the money, why not have SLI?

I'm one of the problem-free owners. I don't use onboard sound but I have 4 SATA ports populated (non-RAID) and haven't had any storage issues. I've got my Kentsfield OC'ed to 2.9 from 2.4 @ 1.49V and my memory running at [email protected] with no issues, 4xPrime95 10hr and 4xSuperPi 32M stable. CPU idles at 54C and goes up to 61C under load.

Had my eVGA for a while no problems except when i cold boot I have to boot in safe mode once in a while but no biggie... Howver I am not using onboard sata other than for DVDROM- have my own PCIEx HDD Controller

3DMark Score 14320 3DMarks
SM2.0 Score 7 K
HDR/SM3.0 Score 7 K
CPU Score 2807
Components:
COOLER MASTER Stacker 830 RC-830-SSN1-GP Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case
8x SILVERSTONE FM121 120mm Case Fan
BFG Tech BFGR1000WPSU ATX 12V 2.2/EPS 12V 2.91 1000W Power Supply
Swiftech APOGEE Extreme Universal Water Block
Swiftech MCP655™ 12 Volts Industrial Pump
PrimoChill HE-Core 2x120mm (Dual Pass) 1/2”
2xHewlett-Packard-HP-23IN-LCD-500-1-1920X1200-L2335 – 3840x1200 Resolution
EVGA 122-CK-NF68-AR Socket T (LGA 775) NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz 4M sharing L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor – OEM
Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400PRO XMS2-64002048MB 5-5-5-12 2X240 DIMMPlatinum XMS2 (not C4)
2x eVGA 768-P2-N831-AR GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Cards
Sound Blaster® Audigy™ 2 ZS Platinum Pro
PROMISE SuperTrak EX8350 PCI-Express x 4 SATA II Controller Card RAID 0/1/5/6/10/50 JBOD – OEM
RAID – 2x Western Digital Raptor WD740ADFD 74GB 10,000 RPM 16MB Cache Serial ATA150 Hard Drive
RAID – 2x Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD3200KS 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drives
RAID- 2x Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD5000KS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
1x Plextor® PX-716SA DVD±R/RW CD-R/RW
1x Plextor® PX-716A DVD±R/RW CD-R/RW
(Values taken from nVidia Monitor)
CPU Core : 3263 MHz, FSB:1450MHz, Memory: 797 MHz, SPP/MCP PCI-E: 3125 MHz, GPU(core):576 MHz, GPU memory(idle):900MHz
CPU: 1.4312 V, Memory: 2.100V, FSB 1.3000V, HT(SPP-MCP): 1.4500V, PCI-E: 1.2500V, nForce: 1.6000 V, AUX:1.5000V

Windows XP Professional XP SP2, Forceware, P20 Bios

SLi.jpg

things are purring along nicely for me , I must have gotten lucky. I did have the onbaord sound issue and went back to my Creative. No more crackling

Well I hope this helps some ppl out there. I currently was having problems with my Striker Extreme board so I call ASUS and they were no help at all. I have a E660, 2GB Dominator pc-6400 memory, EVGA 8800gtx, 2 raptors in a RAID 0 array and a 700w OCZ GameXstream PSU and when I would power my system on I would get a blank screen. Now when I put in my EVGA 6200 LE windows boots fine and no issue. This is when I called ASUS and they said oh it a hardware issue saying my PSU wasnt supplying enout power then blaming my 8800 and its fried. So I went to my buddies and it fired up just fine, then I decide to try my card in a the secondary pci-x slot and what'cha now I got a picture but it says that it needs to be in the primary pci-x slot but that singled out that my card was bad. So I call ASUS tech support again and was like ok guys what now! So they push me to 2nd level support and I give them the run down and they wanna RMA my board and I am like ok but in the back of my mind I am saying hell no. So I get a RMA set up and start looking at my board some more and I decide to reset my BIOS and I get a picture and was like ALRIGHT but I still have to enable my Nvidia Raid in the BIOS and do so and the screen go blank again but now I know it is a BIOS issue. So anyway I am looking through the BIOS after I reset it for the umteenth time and I notice that the Linkboost for my GPU is enable my default. So I disable it and re-enable my Nvida Raid and boot to windows. Heck it only took me 3 days but I got it working. Go to show you how ASUS tech support will go to any limit to say it defective hardware and not shotty design and they need to get their BIOS updated.

I am not yet sure if my EVGA 680i is unstable. There have been freezes even with stock timings and frequencies (I had thought it was due to overclocking earlier), but I blamed it on my PSU (old 431 W Enermax) and threw in a new Enermax 620 W. No freezes, yet, but it's only been an hour or so. I hope it really was the PSU's fault after all.

No data corruption, sounds problems or SATA issues whatsoever.

I don't doubt that some people are getting bad boards. . . which sucks (obviously!). But those who are willing to roll the dice before this is all ironed out. . . it is possible to get a good one too. Perhaps even likely.

Of the two identical systems I've built (see sig), the only problems or odd behavior I've noted was:

1. On both systems, while installing Windows, during the first or second reboot, the machine would hang during POST. Restarting via button allowed installation to continue completely normally.

2. On only one of the systems, I got an application error from 3DMark06 after looping it for 27 hours w/ two Prime95s instances running as well.

3. Seems like, randomly, I'll get a message upon restarting that my system has recovered from a "serious error". . . yet no BSOD took place or anything of the sort.

4. Once, I restarted and came back to the screen that states that Windows did not start properly last time and suggested Safe Mode. Starting normally worked, though.

So, though I don't have the big SATA problems, it seems the board can be a bit flakey in a non-critical way. Maybe BIOS fixes in the future will help?

I agree with Kyle though. . . if one 680i works fine with a given set of drivers, but another (ostensibly identical) one doesn't. . . that doesn't seem to indicate a driver problem. That would indicate hardware to me. Though, maybe a driver or BIOS update could be written that would bypass or work around whatever glitch is happening on the problem boards?

No problems with mine anymore. The only real problem I had before was crackling with SLI + X-fi and the latest bios has resolved that for me.

relevant specs:

C2D E6600
evga 680i
evga 8800GTX x2
X-fi xtreme music
Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4
4x 250gb T7k250s on sata ports 3 - 6
Silverstone Strider 750w

If you call newegg and talk to a rep, they will isue you an RMA for a full refund. Mine (EVGA 680i) was at day 32 when I called, got the full amount back, no restocking fee either. You just have to talk to a live person. I now run the Intel D975XBX2 and love it, although I have plans for SLI in the near future. When this gets sorted out and resolved, I rebuy the board.

Shawn

Dan_D said:

"Not every board has these problems. The Striker I've got works fine, but my eVGA didn't work. That's what Kyle was talking about in the part of the article titled Some 680i suck, some don't."

Now i have a problem.

I took the some suck and some don't to mean that the problems do not effect all evga 680i boards, for example. And that people have focused on the evga board because it has been out the longest and so has had more time for alot of people to find issues.

Indeed,

Kyle said:
"The problems however do not seem to be limited to the reference design boards but rather all nForce 680i motherboards. Seeing that EVGA is NVIDIA's e-tail launch partner, they have garnered most of the attention due to them selling more motherboards. The issues seem to stem to all 680i motherboards be they reference design or not."

Clearly, kyle is suggesting that ALL boards, that use the 680i chipset, have problems.
Look at the title of this article :)

Now if we are back to just the evga 680i solution having problems ... Then it is not really a hardware fault with the 680i chipset itself.

If its an EVGA board, just call them.
I've RMA'd purchases from newegg right back to EVGA with no problems what-so-ever.

In fact I never even called newegg, just went straight to EVGA.
Ive done the same with ASUS, no problem there either.

Dan_D said:
Some of us like having SLI and feel that it is worth the money. Also, none of us knows if Crysis and Alan Wake will need that kind of GPU power. If your going to build a gaming computer and have the money, why not have SLI?

You are 100% correct, sir. I'm willing to roll the dice, I think my board is so far, excellent; and I dig SLI.

RedStarSQD said:
Dan_D said:

"Not every board has these problems. The Striker I've got works fine, but my eVGA didn't work. That's what Kyle was talking about in the part of the article titled Some 680i suck, some don't."

Now i have a problem.

I took the some suck and some don't to mean that the problems do not effect all evga 680i boards, for example. And that people have focused on the evga board because it has been out the longest and so has had more time for alot of people to find issues.

Indeed,

Kyle said:
"The problems however do not seem to be limited to the reference design boards but rather all nForce 680i motherboards. Seeing that EVGA is NVIDIA's e-tail launch partner, they have garnered most of the attention due to them selling more motherboards. The issues seem to stem to all 680i motherboards be they reference design or not."

Clearly, kyle is suggesting that ALL boards, that use the 680i chipset, have problems.
Look at the title of this article :)

Now if we are back to just the evga 680i solution having problems ... Then it is not really a hardware fault with the 680i chipset itself.

I believe he meant that all brands are affected. Thus indicating that the problem exists within the chipset itself, but not all specific motherboards are affected. Clearly, my ASUS Striker and several other 680i motherboard owners are NOT experiencing problems. So if the hardware is the problem, then it would be a manufacturing defect and a QC issue.

I have both the Asus Striker Extreme and the EVGA 680i. Of the two, the EVGA 680i has been more stable but both have had very similar issues.

I have the SATA issue on both boards. Per the EVGA forums, I am running my memory at 6400 vs. 8500. I have not seen the SATA error since then.

The ASUS board would not boot when I had two sticks of RAM. The EVGA worked fine.

With the ASUS board, I could not run my memory at 8500 at all.

The ASUS board still has not fixed the sound crackling issue. The EVGA has fixed the issue with a BIOS update.

----------------------- Issues unrelated to Mobo ---------------------------------------

Splinter Cell: Double Agent is broken! Game needs to be patched to work with the 8800s.
No Vista driver for 8800s.

MrSelfDestruct said:
I have both the Asus Striker Extreme and the EVGA 680i. Of the two, the EVGA 680i has been more stable but both have had very similar issues.

I have the SATA issue on both boards. Per the EVGA forums, I am running my memory at 6400 vs. 8500. I have not seen the SATA error since then.

The ASUS board would not boot when I had two sticks of RAM. The EVGA worked fine.

With the ASUS board, I could not run my memory at 8500 at all.

The ASUS board still has not fixed the sound crackling issue. The EVGA has fixed the issue with a BIOS update.

----------------------- Issues unrelated to Mobo ---------------------------------------

Splinter Cell: Double Agent is broken! Game needs to be patched to work with the 8800s.
No Vista driver for 8800s.

I've had both of those too. The Striker has given me zero problems, but not the best overclocks. The eVGA on the other hand had the crackling sound issue that just wouldn't go away. All the BIOS and driver updates in the world wouldn't fix that. Plus, I have had stability problems, storage issues and of course poor 3D performance.

On the same install of Windows, I simply removed the eVGA 680i and replaced it with the Striker Extreme. All I had to do was install new sound drivers for the Striker's audio and I was done. Since then my system has been perfect when it comes to stability. Overclocking hasn't been the best, but it has gotten better.

....so all of this has been an education for me. Dan made the comment that "While the problems with the 680i are very real, I'd imagine that the bulk of the problems are isolated to a small percentage of boards sold and that people like me who have experienced problems are in the minority." As an owner of a brand new eVGA 680i board (installed and tested by Velocity Micro), I'm hoping that that is the case...but it does raise a few questions:

a) Are the first sign of corruption issues with SATA drives the BSOD? Are there symptoms we should watch for BEFORE a failure of this nature? I have three SATA drives (150GB Raptor, 2 250GB WDs...as well as two Lite-On optical drives)...and, as a photographer for our local zoo, a wolf santcuary and a tiger sanctuary, I need to be able to trust my storage and backup hardware.
b) If it ISN'T something easily fixed by a driver update (I agree, that seems unlikely) or a BIOS update...and we're one of the fortunate ones who, to date, haven't had issues...does that leave us with an "orphaned" board...no future support?
c) Where does this leave a vendor like VM...a board with known issues...unknown how wide spread...how do they handle it if the board is eventually replaced with a hardware revision of the same board (if that is the only way to fix the problem)?

I've become a HUGE fan of HardOCP...straight forward reviews, blunt and honest in the forums...and so, when the original ASUS board in my build was giving me a few problems (P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe) I did a bit of research and, after reading the original review of the 680i here, made the decision to upgrade to that board...seemed like a perfect fit. I just got it back and working, so it still may be...but all the hoopla does have me thinking about the decision, and I can't be the only one. It's going to be interesting watching this thread.

10e said:
Forgot to mention:

I have the Evga ck-122 board, and updated the BIOS.

Strongly recommend the following C2D MBs:

1) Asus P5B Deluxe (with latest BIOS)
2) Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 with F7 BIOS
3) Asus P5W-DH

The only distinguishing factors are feature-set. Just in case someone reads this thread and is also looking for alternatives.

Cheers,

10e

I agree wholeheartedly with the recommendation of the above boards. I had stability hell with all my Nforce boards just before I jumped ship to Intel. My primary reason for switching from AMD to Intel? Decent chipsets. I got soooo sick of dealing with bad drivers, data corruption on SATA drives (miriads of them, not just one or two), random reboots, etc. that I finally tossed in the towel and got a P5W-DH Deluxe and an E6600. I couldn't be happier with the performance. I've had a couple blue screens on the system but so far it has been far more stable than anything I've had from Nvidia. You'd think I would have switched back when my Nforce2 boards started having these issues but I couldn't bring myself to buy P4 chips because of the heat output and performance difference. Anyhow, all that long-winded comment to say: nothing new here. This is Nforce4 all over again. Cheers!

Dan_D:

Could you elaborate on the stability problems? I'm still trying to figure out what exactly is happening to my system, so if you could let me know what your symptoms were, that'd be great.

So far my system hasn't frozen since I installed the new PSU.

Well, I have heard of BSODs being the first and only sympton of storage probems, but my issues were more subtle. I would get warnings of my volumes needing to be checked during Windows startup, and several files would get processed. I'd end up with data corruption on that particular array.

Additionally, Windows would give me warnings about individual disks in that array becoming disconnected at random. I didn't seem to have any problems with my Raptor RAID0 array (which was my boot volume.) but it could have been the cause of a couple of BSOD's I experienced from time to time. After removing the RAID1 array (to prevent corruption) the problem with the storage controllers seemed to clear up.

After that stability improved. I moved on to the performance problems afterward which I could not solve. Those are the problems that lead me to return the eVGA board.

Shame that there are some bad 680i experiences out there. I've had zero issues with my eVGA 680i and I've been running RAID 0 from day one. My setup will overclock stable up to 3.6Ghz, but temps ramp up too high for my liking under full load (I'm just using air cooling), so I keep it at 3.4Ghz which keeps the core temps to around 54C under load. C2D @ 3.4Ghz is PLENTY fast for me at this time... around 4X faster than my old P4 running at the same clock!

Dan_D said:
Well, I have heard of BSODs being the first and only sympton of storage probems, but my issues were more subtle. I would get warnings of my volumes needing to be checked during Windows startup, and several files would get processed. I'd end up with data corruption on that particular array.

Additionally, Windows would give me warnings about individual disks in that array becoming disconnected at random. I didn't seem to have any problems with my Raptor RAID0 array (which was my boot volume.) but it could have been the cause of a couple of BSOD's I experienced from time to time. After removing the RAID1 array (to prevent corruption) the problem with the storage controllers seemed to clear up.

After that stability improved. I moved on to the performance problems afterward which I could not solve. Those are the problems that lead me to return the eVGA board.
So you did not get any random freezes or something? I had some BSODs (concerning ntfs.sys, which doesn't sound too good talking about SATA problems) a few days ago, but I am pretty sure they had to do with the overclocking. I'm not getting any HDD related issues whatsoever, though.

firewars said:
So you did not get any random freezes or something? I had some BSODs (concerning ntfs.sys, which doesn't sound too good talking about SATA problems) a few days ago, but I am pretty sure they had to do with the overclocking. I'm not getting any HDD related issues whatsoever, though.

While playing games I'd occasionally get a random freeze, but it was always accompanied by the crackling sound issues and those were resolved when I'd disable SLI.

I can't believe that the BIOS "holes" aren't getting some serious attention on here either. There's a slew of FSB's when you're approaching 400Mhz FSB that just don't post. Every board then has another wall around 450-500 with most 4MB cache chips when on a 975 they'll push well into the 500 Mhz FSB range. The glowing reviews around the web are quite irresponsible. I'm really disappointed in this situation. I'll give the [H] some credit for these statements but overall I think a re review and full published revisit with more hardware would do more than to post more speculation. Noone seems to have either the pockets or the desire to go through that much and a get a couple retail sample boards and test them with 2MB cache chips and 4MB cache chips. (not X6800's something mere mortals can afford.)

3NF said:
No problems here with the ASUS P5N32-E SLI board.

E6600 at 3.375 GHz (9 * 375)
Corsair XMS2 TWIN2X2048-6400C4 (4-4-4-12-1T) running at 800 MHz. SLI memory set to Expert.
2 x 320 GB Seagate 7200.10 (No raid)

The only problem I'm having is getting the chip to run at a 400 MHz bus, so I can run the E6600 at 3.6 GHz :)
Beware the gaping holes in FSB options that POST. Go straight to 401 and take your FSB voltage to 1.4v make sure you have proper cooling and drop the multiplier to make sure you're taking the cpu out of the equation. You'll not get anything to post in the middle of the 1500's FSB range I don't think anyone has w/ a 4 MB chip.

I must be lucky as well. My 680i is stable with an overclock.

Quad Core 2.67ghz @ 3.2ghz
Corsair Dominator CAS 4 (4 x 1gig sticks)
eVga 680i Mobo
8800GTX vid card

Dan_D said:
While playing games I'd occasionally get a random freeze, but it was always accompanied by the crackling sound issues and those were resolved when I'd disable SLI.

You are running with the 97.44 drivers, right? And still have crackling issues?

seehaw said:
I can't believe that the BIOS "holes" aren't getting some serious attention on here either. There's a slew of FSB's when you're approaching 400Mhz FSB that just don't post. Every board then has another wall around 450-500 with most 4MB cache chips when on a 975 they'll push well into the 500 Mhz FSB range. The glowing reviews around the web are quite irresponsible. I'm really disappointed in this situation. I'll give the [H] some credit for these statements but overall I think a re review and full published revisit with more hardware would do more than to post more speculation. Noone seems to have either the pockets or the desire to go through that much and a get a couple retail sample boards and test them with 2MB cache chips and 4MB cache chips. (not X6800's something mere mortals can afford.)

Well, to be honest, I have never encountered issues with the holes. Supposedly, all the BIOS revisions I've used for the two 680i boards I've worked with didn't seem to have this issue. Every frequency up to the published 387.5MHz I tried on the Striker Extreme worked perfectly. Even with the problem with the holes being documented in the eVGA 680i review, Morry and Kyle still reached 522MHz FSB, and therefore in my opinion, this constitutes a minor problem. There are also not a lot of complaints about this on the forums or the internet in general.

Additionally, if you look at our test configuration, you'll find that while benchmarks are done using the X6800, the overclock testing and subsystem tests are conducted with E6300's. Kyle often uses X6800's I believe, but the rest of us have only tested with E6300's as far as I know. I know I have used the same E6300 since the Biostar TForce P965 Deluxe Review, which was the first Core 2 Duo motherboard I've tested.

When doing a motherboard review, we are evaluating their performance of the motherboard. Therefore the CPU is largly irrelevant to the overclocking section. I know I've often brought the CPUs multiplier down to 6 in order to achieve higher FSB overclocks. It doesn't matter how high we can get a CPU to go, what matters is what the FSB of the motherboard can be pushed to. Using the 4MB cache chips would be no better at motherboard FSB testing than 2MB cache chips would. On boards where multiplier reduction doesn't work, the higher multiplier of the E6600 and E6700 chips would be more of a hinderance than a bennefit.

I just experienced a raid error for the first time when I was copying files from my external. I have the 8500c5d running at stock settings, and its been working fine up until then

MrSelfDestruct said:
You are running with the 97.44 drivers, right? And still have crackling issues?

On my eVGA board I used all 8800GTX driver releases available, and one that isn't. I got the crackling with all of them and SLI enabled. Additionally, the eVGA 680i P21 BIOS was supposed to address this issue with the Creative X-Fi and didn't. I had the problem with the Creative card and the onboard sound.

seehaw said:
Beware the gaping holes in FSB options that POST. Go straight to 401 and take your FSB voltage to 1.4v make sure you have proper cooling and drop the multiplier to make sure you're taking the cpu out of the equation. You'll not get anything to post in the middle of the 1500's FSB range I don't think anyone has w/ a 4 MB chip.

Thanks for the tip, but I'm not sure if I follow :) How will I get 3.6 if I drop the multiplier - that implies a higher FSB?? Sorry if this is a silly question :)

Penguincomp said:
I must be lucky as well. My 680i is stable with an overclock.

Quad Core 2.67ghz @ 3.2ghz
Corsair Dominator CAS 4 (4 x 1gig sticks)
eVga 680i Mobo
8800GTX vid card

me too, i type this all the time. i love this board. only issue that i have is when i switch to hardware accelerated tcp-ip my system, it will freeze once in a while. i didnt notice any benefit from this so i just turned it off. first packet and teaming work great tho. i have had this board since 2 days after newegg started selling it - no sound probs, or usb, or sata, or data corruption, or 8800 probs, or overclocking issues.
i get same clockspeed as my old p5w, with higher fsb and much higher ram speeds.
680i
6600 @ 3700
8800gts
g.skil hz
sunbeamtech nuuo

as i posted once before, i managed to blow my board up, and had to rma it. i used the ear program and had a fresh retail package in my hands 54 hours after i first applied for an rma. so if you need a new one, you can get one real quick. (evga)

seehaw said:

Never mind - I think I understand what you're saying now
:p

seehaw said:

Actually, I have. My 4MB E6600 works fine in the 1500 range on the Striker Extreme. BTW do NOT use 1.4v on your north bridge. It's unecessary. The Striker doesn't actually need that kind of voltage to make it to 1500MHz (375x4) FSB speeds.

I made it to 375FSB (1500+) with only 1.2v. Up to 387.5MHz FSB, I haven't had any problems at all with the settings all on auto or manually set at the lowest levels.

Has anybody considered trying out the 680i board with linux? Or any other supported OS's?

I do not personally know if the 680i's components (SATA controllers, etc) are supported under linux yet, but that would be a valid test to determine if it's a hardware or driver problem.

If you still experience crashing, kernel panics, or random weirdness under linux then I would probably blame the board.

Hi Everyone
I own two eVGA 122-CK-NF68 boards,and have not had any of the problems that are being mentioned here.I found both boards to be very stable,and highly overclockable.
Here's my specs from both of my machines:
Main machine
Intel Extream X6800 OCed to 3.4
Zalman 9700 fan & heatsink
eVGA 122-CK-NF68
eVGA Two 7900GTOs.I'm waiting on two 8800GTSs fron eVGAs stepup program
2Gbs Corsair XMS2 Pro 6400
3 WD 74Gb Raptors & two Sansung Sata2 250GB HDDs
Power supplys/ Thermaltake 650w tough power / Thermaltake Power Express SLI Graphis only PS
2 Sansung 18X DVD Burners
Thermaltake Mozart TX case
HP 24inch LCD / XP Pro / Saitek Eclipse keyboard / Razer Karait mouse / Razer eXact Mat
2nd machine
Intel E6700 OCed to 2.93
Zalman 9500 fan & heatsink
eVGA`122-CK-NF68
2Gbs Corsair XMS2 SLI 6400
Two eVGA 7900 GTOs
Two WD 74Gb Rarptors one Samsung sata2 200Gb HDDs
Power Supplys / Ultra Xfinity 600W / Thermaltake Power Express SLi Graphics only PS
BFG 128Mb PhysX card
Two samsung 18x DVD burners
Thermaltake TaiChi case / Hp/Sony 24" CRT / XP Pro / Saitek 2 keyboard / Razer Plasma mouse / Razer eXact Mat

I just had a error with my evga 680i mobo the other day with raid0 corruption. It kept getting worse everyday with more warnings and eventually locking up to no end. I guess I will be RMAing it back. So much for buying a $260+ mobo :(

WaXmAn said:
I just had a error with my evga 680i mobo the other day with raid0 corruption. It kept getting worse everyday with more warnings and eventually locking up to no end. I guess I will be RMAing it back. So much for buying a $260+ mobo :(

It sucks to go through that. I know all about it, so I can sympathize. Like yours mine seemed fine at first and got progressively worse over time.

I can attest to similar problems I had with the NF4 AMD series.

The first NF4 I had was an ABit AN8 SLI that had a few problems, but most annoyingly was the tendency to crash when making heavy use of the onboard USB channels. Tried everything, nothing fixed it. Eventually found some others having the same issue, but nothing short of using a PCI USB card ever fixed it for me.

Currently that system runs an ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe (also NF4) that has been rock solid.

Back