NVIDIA nForce 680i Chipset Problems

Well I am going to out in my PC order from Overdrive PC tomorrow for the following system:

System Warranty and Coverage : [Platinum 1 Year] Parts, Labor and Shipping
Case and Color : [Cooler Master] Stacker 830 Mid/Full Tower (Black)
SureCool System and Fan Colors (Ultra-Quiet) : Blue
Processor Cooling : Factory Copper Cooler (Air)
Power Supply : [Enermax] 1000 Watt Power Supply
Video Adapter(s) : (2) [NVIDIA] GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB (SLI)
Disk Array 1 | Hard Disk Drive(s) : [Western Digital] 150GB SATA 10,000 RPM 16MB Cache
Disk Array 2 | Hard Disk Drive(s) : [Seagate] 400GB SATA 7,200 RPM 16MB Cache
Processor(s) : [Intel] Core 2 Duo QX6700 Extreme 8MB HyperClocked (3400MHz+)
Motherboard : [EVGA] nForce 680i SLI Motherboard (775)
System Memory : 2GB DDR/DDR2
Operating System : [Microsoft] Windows XP Professional
Hot-Swap and Removable Hard Disk Drive Trays 1 : (1 Drive) Removable SATA Hard Drive Cage
CD/DVD 1 : [Sony] 18X Dual Layer DVD Burner 48X CD Burner
CD/DVD 2 : [Sony] 18X Dual Layer DVD Burner 48X CD Burner
Floppy/Flash Media Drive : [Mitsumi] Floppy
Sound Adapter : [Creative Labs] Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty 7.1
Shipping Options : [FedEx] 3-Day Service (Computer Only)
CD/DVD Cable Color : Rounded Cable (Steel)
Floppy Disk Drive Cable Color : Rounded Cable (Steel)

I am nervous hearing about the SATA issues so that basically killed off the small part in me that contemplated doing a RAID 0 setup. I was originally going to get just one hard drive but always hear people say it is better to have an OS drive separate from the storage job. I hope I am okay with this configuration.

If Overdrive does all the testing they claim to then I am hoping my system will be solid when I get it. My apologies for posting somewhat off topic but since I am about to drop a lot of money on a 680i-based system I thought I would post my conerns.

Arioch said:
Well I am going to out in my PC order from Overdrive PC tomorrow for the following system:

System Warranty and Coverage : [Platinum 1 Year] Parts, Labor and Shipping
Case and Color : [Cooler Master] Stacker 830 Mid/Full Tower (Black)
SureCool System and Fan Colors (Ultra-Quiet) : Blue
Processor Cooling : Factory Copper Cooler (Air)
Power Supply : [Enermax] 1000 Watt Power Supply
Video Adapter(s) : (2) [NVIDIA] GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB (SLI)
Disk Array 1 | Hard Disk Drive(s) : [Western Digital] 150GB SATA 10,000 RPM 16MB Cache
Disk Array 2 | Hard Disk Drive(s) : [Seagate] 400GB SATA 7,200 RPM 16MB Cache
Processor(s) : [Intel] Core 2 Duo QX6700 Extreme 8MB HyperClocked (3400MHz+)
Motherboard : [EVGA] nForce 680i SLI Motherboard (775)
System Memory : 2GB DDR/DDR2
Operating System : [Microsoft] Windows XP Professional
Hot-Swap and Removable Hard Disk Drive Trays 1 : (1 Drive) Removable SATA Hard Drive Cage
CD/DVD 1 : [Sony] 18X Dual Layer DVD Burner 48X CD Burner
CD/DVD 2 : [Sony] 18X Dual Layer DVD Burner 48X CD Burner
Floppy/Flash Media Drive : [Mitsumi] Floppy
Sound Adapter : [Creative Labs] Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty 7.1
Shipping Options : [FedEx] 3-Day Service (Computer Only)
CD/DVD Cable Color : Rounded Cable (Steel)
Floppy Disk Drive Cable Color : Rounded Cable (Steel)

I am nervous hearing about the SATA issues so that basically killed off the small part in me that contemplated doing a RAID 0 setup. I was originally going to get just one hard drive but always hear people say it is better to have an OS drive separate from the storage job. I hope I am okay with this configuration.

If Overdrive does all the testing they claim to then I am hoping my system will be solid when I get it. My apologies for posting somewhat off topic but since I am about to drop a lot of money on a 680i-based system I thought I would post my conerns.

Go for it. Warranty and support are the reasons why you'd buy from a company like Overdrive PC.

I’ve been reading this and various other threads re the EVGA 680i board and the one common thing I have noticed is no one has mentioned which settings they are using, and where they are using them.

It’s hard to sleuth out a problem without some sort of commonality.

That said:

1-1 EVGA 680i board Ver 2.0, Latest Bios
2-1 EVGA 7900 GS KO
3- 2 1 gig sticks of XMS2 4-4-4-12 6600 rating
4- 1 SATA Raptor 74, old style
5- 550 watt Antec with only a 4-pin aux adaptor
6- 1 xp-pro upgrade disk with sp-2
7- 1 retail C2D 6600
8- 1 Koolance EXOS-2 with the new Intel adaptor and spacer.
I put the system together Monday night and by 4 am est. had two clients of Folding at home running at stock speeds, 2.44. As it was so late and I haven’t touched an Intel product in 5 years I put over clocking off until I got some sleep.

Tuesday I began my quest for 4 gigs. Long story short I managed 3.0 but I knew there was more there. A quick Google lead me to:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/747/747606p1.html

Just for fun I followed each step of this guide to the letter. After numerous try’s I finally topped out at 3.6 at 1.47 volts, Prime and Orthos stable like forever.

As the Raptor was the only SATA disk I had laying around that was SATA I needed to figure a way to add a few IDE drives, so I got an Adaptec PCI adaptor, plugged it and two disks in and rebooted.

No boot the first try, third time was the charm. That was when BSOD’s started and after further attempts at reboots it went into chkdsk mode and “fixed” some files. Having read some of the problems about this board I was ready to give up.

After a break I took the IDE adaptor out and windows booted fine even with the corrupted files, however it was rock stable again. Since the Day was shot as was I decided to start both folding clients again and let it run over night.

Again, flawless performance from folding and other software. Not being happy with Windows in that condition I opted for a full reinstall.

Did the reinstall and used my original 3.6 settings (more one this in a moment) and it booted nicely but was a bit quirky as in things like IE video remaing behind, no data just the blank screen. Same with Win Explorer etc. Back into the bios and rechecked my settings step by step. I had forgotten to set FSB Voltage back to 1.5. After I did that again, total stability.

Ran benchmarks, transferred files across the network etc, not a problem. Oh a hunch I decided to add any PCI card I might have lying around. Grabbed a sound card and boom, instant problem. Power off; remove the card and reboot, instant fix. I tried both PCI slots with all sorts of cards and each time the problem came back.

My only deviation from the above guide is, I have network $0 turned off because I don’t need both on. More then 24 hours later still not a problem to be found.

Please take a look at the simple three-page guide and don’t forget the FSB voltage should be 1.5 as the guide says.

As of now I can run folding, Orthos, and games at the same time with no hesitation to be found anywhere, I click a window or icon it opens NOW even with everything running.

My conclusion (opinion) is there is a hardware issue, probably with the PCI bus. Everything in the bios is controllable except that it seems, or the bios has something mis-labeled, as are the SATA sockets in the manual. The board labels are correct.

Just my thoughts and experience to date :)

so basically anyone with an x-fi sound card should be having problems (as this is prolly the most common pci card installed on a new system)

so..hands up if you have a problem with your system and an x-fi sound card.

even if i'm off base..that post above this one..seems very illuminating indeed.

Sorry if I'm digressing here, but I see now why I might not be able to get to 3.6 GHz with an E6600 and P5N32-E SLI. I noticed that my Vcore setting is basically 1.37, no matter what I enter in the bios. If I enter 1.6, reboot, and then go to the hardware monitor screen in the Bios, it still says 1.37. It doesn't matter what number I enter - it's always 1.37!

Is anyone else seeing this? This is happening when I have the AI mode set to manual. If I set the AI mode to auto, and change the voltage, I see the same value in the hardware monitor section.

This is blowing my mind - need sleepy .... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Edit - Note: I'm using the 0405 Bios.

Question:

I've been eying this board since it came out as the perfect solution for the two new desktops I'm building (pretty much identical). I understand that there is still a good chance that the boards I get will be fine and that the problems are still in the minority...

But should I risk it? We were planning on ordering the parts and having the systems up by Christmas. But there really isn't any other board out there that meets our needs... it needs to have SLi and a high number of SATA ports...

Is this a risk worth taking? What's the likelyhood that if it's a hardware problem that they'll replace the board, and what steps should I take to protect myself from getting screwed?

no problems here

[email protected]
eVga 680i
eVga 8800GTX
2 1GB sticks of K-Byte pc5300 (Bestbuys Finest! :p )@ 755.8mhz 4-4-4-12-23 1T
1 WD Raptor 74GB (OS drive)
1 WD 250GB SATA
1 Maxtor 320GB SATA
X-Fi eXtreme Gamer
PC P&C 1KW (older model)
LG DVD DL +/- RW IDE
WinXP 64

some of the caps did seem kinda flimsy tho

[F]old|[H]ard

i have an EVGA mobo n680i...

i am currently burning it in...

intel e6600
2gig ocz titaniumvx2
evga board
MSI 8800gtx
2 150gig raptors in RAID0
xfi platinum
Enermax 1kw psu
watercooled CPU

i have managed to install winxp pro with absolutely no hiccups. installed all the nforce drivers etc... so far so good....

all stock speeds at the moment though...

will be installing games and whatnot and will keep you all updated

Makes me so glad I went with the BadAxe 2. :D

I almost went with the evga 680i, but started to see lots of people on various forums having weird problems with them. Went with the intel board and have had no problems, at all.

and to add ..I am using a usb mouse and ps2 keyboard ..no issues to report on that front either

..maybe were dealing with a quality control issue (ie ..flimsy caps :confused: ) instead of a chipset problem ..??

[F]old|[H]ard

yea the cap between the socket and the rear of the ps2 connectors can be a little hinky (hinky!) when you install your hs/f. several of them seem like it would be pretty easy to bust a leg or so.

Brent_Justice said:
I've experienced this, try this, unplug your network cable while the system is booting. I've got a theory that it is either A.) the system negotiating with the DHCP (some kind of lag there) or B.) the video card when the drivers are installed. If you boot without video card drivers being installed for example boot may be faster, or, if you unplug your network cable, so experiment with that. It isn't a major problem, just a minor issue.

You were correct. While I was waiting for another video card to come in, I was swapping a 7900GT with a big Thermalright heatsink between the systems. Easing the tension on the heatsink screws got rid of both the unresponsive time at startup and the hang at shutdown on the 680i system, and with the new video card the SLI 16X system is good, too. Thanks.

I guess I've again dodged nForce-related trouble. I can only say good luck to those who are experiencing it.

Could these problems be the reason why every other major m/board manufacturer has not released the 680i m/boards to date? We are still waiting on abit, MSI, gigabyte, DFI lan, epox, etc. Seems a bit strange that they have missed the release date by such a large margin.....maybe they knew about these problems from the beginning? :confused:

defiant007 said:
Could these problems be the reason why every other major m/board manufacturer has not released the 680i m/boards to date?

I don't think so. Asus is usually first out of the gate with a new chipset, and they are the only ones with a non-reference board out. All the others are nVidia reference design manufactured by Foxconn. Others that want to use their own design will be slower to market. DFI, for example, was way behind Asus on releasing an AM2 NF590 board.

omg, I thought nVidia would have learned something from their past mistakes but I guess not. I too was one of those nForce 4 users that experienced similar issues when it was first launched. I purchased a NF4 SLi the first week it was launched and was plagued with SATA data corruption, rma'd it replacement did the same thing. You wouldn't believe how much money I spent trying to isolate the problem with my NF4 SLi build I pretty much bought 2 of every component, because of suggestions it might be a compatibility issue with this or that (eg try a different PSU HDD etc). Eventually these things got sorted out with later board and bios revisions, but nVidia shouldn't be launching chipsets in this state, especially with issues that cause HDD corruption. I've had a NF1, NF2, NF3, and NF4 systems. Out of those the NF1 and NF4 were some of the worst experiences I have ever had with motherboards. I was considering a 680i for the option of 8800 SLi, but it looks like I will be sticking with my trusty 975X.

nVidia needs to learn they can't rush motherboard chipsets out the door the same way they do video cards. I mean I can live with the occasional game bug or graphical glitch with my 8800 GTX, and right now there are a lot of driver issues with the 8800, but like I said I can live with this stuff on a video card. Motherboard issues on the other hand, like HDD corruption are much more serious, and can't be overlooked, since they render an entire system useless.

To chime in my experiences with the 680i platform to date: I've had zero issues. The single oddity I've seen was, my PC rebooted randomly while running two instances of Prime 95 overnight, but I've yet to see it happen a second time, even after days of crunching.

My specs are as follows:

Core 2 Duo E6600 CPU (2m cache per core, 2.4ghz stock), @ 3ghz
Zalman 9700 heatsink (big mofo)
EVGA 680i reference motherboard, shipping BIOS
2x 1gb stick of Buffalo Firestix DDR2 (currently 4-4-4-12 @ 800mhz FSB)
BFGTech nVidia 9750GT (waiting for more competition to drive down price of DX10 cards)
Creative Labs X-Fi XtremeGamer 64mb
2x second-generation WD Raptors, SATA, RAID 0 (OS and programs)
4x Seagate 7200.10 250gb, SATA, RAID 0 (media storage)
1x Lite-On ATAPI DVD-ROM, forget the speed
1x Lite-On ATAPI 18x DVD+/-R burner

I'm running that in a new Lian-Li PC-201A silver tower (amazing case, btw). I've not delved too deeply into my overclock just yet; I'm taking that slowly, first maxing out the CPU, then after that, the RAM.

To summarize, I've not seen any of the problems that people are talking about. No SATA issues, sound issues, instability issues, nothing. Maybe I lucked out!

People that are not having problems with the eVGA board didn't simply luck out. I suspect MOST of the boards are fine. There is a significant number of them that are not. I got two in a row that were bad, and several people on the forum have had problems as I have.

let it be known:

i bought an EVGA 680i motherboard w/ E6300 and two gigs of PQI DDR2 667, and a hitachi Deskstar 7200rpm 160Gig. system booted, and installed windows without a hitch. since, on stock cooler, i have been able to get the system to boot at 460 MHz, on stock cooler and stock (fixed) voltage. I have not run any stabillity tests, as internet has been harder then anticipated to get up and running (note: not 680i's fault).

I like this overclock, an E6300 to 3.2 GHz, I'm going to push more out of it when i get a liquid cooling loop up and running. Some have claimed its possible to reach 3.5 or even 3.6 Ghz on this board, i plan to join them. People were claiming 500MHz was obtained easy. So im kinda dissapointed, but at the same time, 1.86GHz to 3.2GHz? who can complain! i turned the proc which I paid $230 CDN into a proc that, from the same store, goes for $1299 + tax.

What i can complain about is how retarded bios is. The numbers it indicates on memory is totally wrong. when i go to unlinked, ill set it to 667MHz, only to find that on my next boot, its claiming that its running at 900MHz. naturally this scared the sh!t out of me, and i have since changed it back to linked 1:1, running this ram at a measily 460MHz.

So, while Hard OCP may state its a hardware problem; which is quite possibly correct, I can confirm: BIOS needs work, and sooner, rather then later.

MrWizard6600 said:
let it be known:

i bought an EVGA 680i motherboard w/ E6300 and two gigs of PQI DDR2 667, and a hitachi Deskstar 7200rpm 160Gig. system booted, and installed windows without a hitch. since, on stock cooler, i have been able to get the system to boot at 460 MHz, on stock cooler and stock (fixed) voltage. I have not run any stabillity tests, as internet has been harder then anticipated to get up and running (note: not 680i's fault).

I like this overclock, an E6300 to 3.2 GHz, I'm going to push more out of it when i get a liquid cooling loop up and running. Some have claimed its possible to reach 3.5 or even 3.6 Ghz on this board, i plan to join them. People were claiming 500MHz was obtained easy. So im kinda dissapointed, but at the same time, 1.86GHz to 3.2GHz? who can complain! i turned the proc which I paid $230 CDN into a proc that, from the same store, goes for $1299 + tax.

What i can complain about is how retarded bios is. The numbers it indicates on memory is totally wrong. when i go to unlinked, ill set it to 667MHz, only to find that on my next boot, its claiming that its running at 900MHz. naturally this scared the sh!t out of me, and i have since changed it back to linked 1:1, running this ram at a measily 460MHz.

So, while Hard OCP may state its a hardware problem; which is quite possibly correct, I can confirm: BIOS needs work, and sooner, rather then later.

It looks like a hardware problem with SOME boards not all of them.

I bought a evga 680i soon as it was released and paid more than I really wanted to but I thought I was going to get superior performance and features blah blah blah...

One odd thing I did notice right off the bat was the way the caps were mounted on the board. Almost none of them were flush against the PCB. The large caps were about a 1/8" off the board and you could easly bend it around and rip it off if you wanted to. I really havn't seen a board constructed that sloppy before.

I ran into problems pretty much right away with the board. A BSOD on winXP install, didnt think much since I have seen this happen before. After installing XP successfully things seemed to work great till I started playing games or posting on forums. The PS/2 keyboard issue surfaced, thats where it would ignore keystrokes and make beeping noises through the mobo speaker.

Next were some random BSOD's that were related to there onboard NIC's so I had to disable the onboard NIC's and install a seperate NIC to get the system to run stable. That seemed to do the trick and I figured well evga/nvidia will come out with new drivers to fix those issues.

The whole time I was running my system at stock speeds to see if it was actually working properly before I could start overclocking. Sure enough I encountered another problem. During a BF2142 session my game closed on me and a pop-up saying that one of my hard drives in my raid array had gone missing and that data had become corrupt. I rebooted my system and things seemed normal.

Trying to play WoW, my system would not run for more than 2 hours without a BSOD. At this point I really started to get pissed. I just spent $280 on a hunk of trash.

I know new hardware releases are prone to problems but so many problems with different symptoms were showing up that I just made the decision to return the board at a loss to where I purchased it and just picked up a DS3. I'm more than happy with the DS3 cuz it actually works the way it's suppose to.

I'm happy for those of you who had a good experience with the board but there are definetly some bad boards out there and to me it really does not look like a "driver issue" but more of hardware manufacturing problem.

In the last day or so I have been experiencing my mouse jumping all over the screen,and I had a BSOD while booting,something like system boot failed,but I rebooted and it booted fine.
Also IE 7 just changes web pages on its own,it would revert back to a page I had previously visited,been getting real flaky.
I won't know for sure til I get my PS back,using a backup Antec 480 tl my ST85ZF gets replaced to see if it may be a power issue?
But it doesen't sound like it to me...

Specs Are:
E6600 @ 3.55GHZ
EVGA 680i MB
EVGA 8800GTX
2X160 WD HDD non RAID

:D

this must be my first post since I re-registered..

Anyway

I have the Asus Striker Extreme ..and I'm having quite a few problems

ok..what I have in the box

Thermaltake Toughpower 700W
2 x XFX 7800GT
E6600 CPU
Water cooling
AHA 29160N SCSI (for the 2 boot drives XP X64 and Vista Ultimate x64)
1 x SCSI U320 18GB XPX64 boot
1 x SCSI U320 36GB Vista X64 Boot
1 x 250GB SATA II storage
1 x 500GB SATA II storage
All HDD's are Seagate (15K3, 15k4 7200,9 and 7299,10)
Memory is 2 kits of CM2X1024-6400C4
DVD-R/RW etc etc and misc

Problems so far : BSODs
NTLDR corrupted
Unable to boot from CD
tried a kazillion configs
running BIOS 0505

Memory problems
Windows BSOD"s and talks about Memory_Manager error
tried all combinations of memory ..
tested memory with memtest86...everything passes
tried with only 1 video board and 1 HDD 1 stick of ram
no dice

I have already RMA'd 1 Striker board...o_O

right now I have 2 memory sticks in the machine ...slots 1 and 2

if I put it in slots 1 and 3 ....no boot
(that would have been dual channel mode)
slot 2 and 4 ....bleah

so all sorts of bleahness over here ....

Easing the tension on the heatsink screws got rid of both the unresponsive time at startup and the hang at shutdown on the 680i system
I'd suspect that this had something to do with some other change made around the same time. I guess the tension on the motherboard might cause heat-related issues. . . but the unresponsive period at startup is almost always due to drivers and/or services being funky rather than a physical problem with the motherboard.

I see that sort of post-boot responsiveness problem all the time on systems at work.

I just now had to RMA my second board so when my new board comes it will be on ebay. Newegg will no longer refund money on this board, that about says it all. Same crap with all boards I have had BSOD's , need to boot twice to get into windows, games crash and on and on.

680i plain and simple is a bad chip set. I also believe this is why Abit and DFI did not rush out the gate with theirs, I think Abit and DFI is the last hope for the 680i . I invested in SLI for the 680i but now one card will sit in its box as I ordered an Intel bad axe 2 but I prefer stability over more FPS.

I will now sit back and wait for the outcome of the Abit and DFI 680i and who knows maybe I will be able to use that other 8800GTX once again.

Shame on Nvidia for releasing such trash.

So will we be seeing an 680i Rev2 board anytime soon ???

With nVidia's shameless price gouging on this chipset you'd think a little more testing would have been in order :rolleyes:

There's just gotta be some bizarre reason why some people are getting two and even three bad boards. . . while others have no problems at all. I know it seems impossible that something could be missed considering there is only so many factors to a new system with a fresh OS installed. But when I read stuff like that, it just seems like there has to be some 3rd factor that is being overlooked. Just wish we knew for sure and could actually isolate it.

hmm ..if there be a 3rd factor to be had ..then I must find it!

[F]old|[H]ard

Hurin said:
There's just gotta be some bizarre reason why some people are getting two and even three bad boards. . . while others have no problems at all. I know it seems impossible that something could be missed considering there is only so many factors to a new system with a fresh OS installed. But when I read stuff like that, it just seems like there has to be some 3rd factor that is being overlooked. Just wish we knew for sure and could actually isolate it.

Is it the people that are using RAID the ones that are having the majority of the problems??

seems like the last several nvidia products have had problems. the early nf4 voltage probs, then the 7900gt memory thing, then the 8800gtx recall, 8800 series driver/sli probs and now this. luckily, my ultra-d was fine, my 7900gt sli was fine, my 680i is fantastic and my 8800gts runs fine. how could one compamy put out so much bad product and survive? one poster above commented on "nvidia's price gouging. i dont think nvidia has much to do with their partners selling reference boards for $250- $300. and as always, if its too much money, dont buy it. if your hardware doesnt work, swap it out and return it. if you want to have the latest crap, this will happen now and then.

i've had sata issue with both my nforce 4.. and lets not talk about nvidia's firewall!

alpha0ne said:
So will we be seeing an 680i Rev2 board anytime soon ???

With nVidia's shameless price gouging on this chipset you'd think a little more testing would have been in order :rolleyes:

Got board on Monday this week, it is v2.0, it came from the egg.

Holy shit.....been doing some digging around some of the forums and there are several incidents of 680i boards killing high quality ram!? Thats very scary considering how much you pay for 2gig of corsair dominator ram.....makes me wonder if its even worth waiting for the other variants of 680i boards from abit and msi.

This is really starting to piss me off because I have been waiting ages to build a new uber rig and the thing which has been holding me back is the fact that I wanted to wait for 680i. Maybe I should just go with the abit AW9D-MAX, which pisses me off even more because it only allows cross fire and not sli. Fucking motherboard makers! :mad:

Hi everyone Im new here and I found this board after doing searches on the striker 680i mother board. I just want to say I Rma'd 2 boards already and now waiting for my 3 rd one to come in. If I strike out on this 3 rd one I swear I will smash into bits and post the picture here and I will also email the pic to asus and N vidia to let them know what Garbage they really make. Ive had it with this Nvidia chipset I ve encountered all the problems you guys have been having. This is just a never ending nightmare and to top it all off there tech help is shit also.

My 680i board is fine for the most part except that when I play WoW sometimes it freezes up and generates a "The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk0\D." error or "An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\D during a paging operation." warning in the event log. Everything else is fine, all other games I play do not have this problem, nor does windows experience this. I am using a SATA hard drive too by the way. I hope it isn't a hardware problem...

Has anyone seen this before?

raiderrorfr3.jpg

If so, what steps were taken to correct it? I flashed to the new beta bios btw.

Nvidia and Evga just released new Bios P23:) BETA VERSION

http://www.evga.com/community/messageboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21626&whichpage=30

NVIDIA would like to thank all of EVGA's customers who have purchased the NVIDIA-designed nForce 680i-based motherboards and who have patiently been waiting for a fix to the SATA issue.

Together with EVGA we are testing a new BIOS that fixes the SATA issue that some readers were experiencing. In the meantime, we are releasing a beta version for you to use. If you feel that your BIOS needs to be updated, we will be posting a link to download the new BIOS and instructions how to flash your motherboard.

Maintaining the integrity of our brand is important, however, it is more important for us that all of our customers have the best possible experience with our products. We wanted to send a big thank you to everyone who posted messages and technical information in the EVGA forums. We reviewed the message boards daily and the sheer level of information you provided was a huge resource in helping us resolve this issue.

We plan to release the final BIOS in a few days. Please use the BETA version in the meantime.

On behalf of the entire NVIDIA nForce engineering team, thanks for being patient with us while we investigated the issue. We hope that all future experiences with the NVIDIA nForce 680i will be a positive one.

Thank you,

Joe Darwin
[email protected]
Marketing

AWESOME :D :D

Back