NVIDIA Roadmap Outline for 1H08

I wouldn't go as far as calling him dumb. The fact is that the article starts and ends saying that it is "incomplete." Furthermore the information on the 9800GTX is very sparse. And lastly, Kyle, while usually right, has made a mistake or two before. He's human, afterall. You simply can't say that the roadmap article counts as PROOF towards anything.

And when you think about it, has there been anything official that talks about a 9800GTX? No. The only reasons we have to believe that there will be a 9800GTX is because
1) They've had a "GTX" model for the last two years.
2) Kyle anticipates that there will be.

Personally I'd be very surprised if there isn't a 9800GTX. But don't go insulting people because they're not going to blindly believe everything Kyle says. The world needs more people who think for themselves, even if they're not always right.

I dont take Kyles announcements as proof, nor did i say they were, but when he sits there and says theres no evidence of this card existing in a thread about evidence for this card, and goes on and on about it for pages...its really time for him to sit on his hands. Or break his keyboard in half if he cant keep his hands off it.

Per Kyle the 9800GTX is just a few weeks away, he said Feb/Mach;

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTQ0MCwsLGhlbnRodXNpYXN0
The GeForce 8800 GTX will be replaced by the GeForce 9800 GTX in February / March timeframe. This card will support Tri-SLI.
there are also clear mistakes he makes right there in that article as I have already pointed out. I have stated my case in my previous reply and I still stick to it that there is NO proof of a 9800GTX being released this month or next.

I dont take Kyles announcements as proof, nor did i say they were, but when he sits there and says theres no evidence of this card existing in a thread about evidence for this card, and goes on and on about it for pages...its really time for him to sit on his hands. Or break his keyboard in half if he cant keep his hands off it.
ok we are half way through February so this 9800GTX has 6 weeks left to appear out of thin air since nobody else but Kyle knows about it. No leaked specs or other rumors from the rest of the world but just Klye saying there will be one back at the beginning of the year is good enough for you?

Per Kyle the 9800GTX is just a few weeks away, he said Feb/Mach;

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTQ0MCwsLGhlbnRodXNpYXN0
The GeForce 8800 GTX will be replaced by the GeForce 9800 GTX in February / March timeframe. This card will support Tri-SLI.

there are also clear mistakes he makes right there in that article as I have already pointed out. I have stated my case in my previous reply and I still stick to it that there is NO proof of a 9800GTX being released this month or next.

Indeed. For example:

Article said:
ASUS will supply Asia, Palit will supply China, EVGA will supply North America, and XFX will supply Europe...The 8800 GS is 192-bit bus and will ship in 320MB, 512MB, and 640MB versions...

Which is clearly not true, as NewEgg has a 384MB version out. That's not just a typo, as Kyle himself defended on page 1 of this thread. Kyle has no reason to lie, so therefore we must assume that his sources were mistaken. Also note that NewEgg, a North American distributer, is being supplied by XFX, not EVGA as claimed.

I'm with cannondale06 on this one. While I won't say that there definitely won't be a 9800 GTX, it looks extremely unlikely at this rate. NVIDIA wouldn't put in all the effort for a G92-based 9800 GTX when the true next generation is coming over the summer (according to all the rumor sites). If there is one, I expect it to be released in April or later, with GT200 (the true next generation) pushed back to the fall. If it were coming out this or next month, we would be hearing about it already, period. At least from the rumor sites.

ok we are half way through February so this 9800GTX has 6 weeks left to appear out of thin air since nobody else but Kyle knows about it. No leaked specs or other rumors from the rest of the world but just Klye saying there will be one back at the beginning of the year is good enough for you?

You just dont seem to get it. I didnt say anywhere wether there will or will not be a 9800 GTX. All i said was for you to shut up about saying there is no way a 9800 GTX will be released, because you dont have a damn clue what nVidia is actually doing behind closed doors.

You just dont seem to get it. I didnt say anywhere wether there will or will not be a 9800 GTX. All i said was for you to shut up about saying there is no way a 9800 GTX will be released, because you dont have a damn clue what nVidia is actually doing behind closed doors.
Hey this is a forum and people may have differing opinions than you or even Kyle. The ONLY point that I have been trying to make is that there is NO actual proof that there will be 9800GTX. Kyle listing it in a article that already has clear mistakes in it is not proof. You have no business cussing at, insulting or telling people to shut up. Perhaps you should try to be a little more mature.

Hey this is a forum and people may have differing opinions than you or even Kyle. The ONLY point that I have been trying to make is that there is NO actual proof that there will be 9800GTX. Kyle listing it in a article that already has clear mistakes in it is not proof. You have no business cussing at, insulting or telling people to shut up. Perhaps you should try to be a little more mature.

I wouldnt count on seeing a 9800gtx. Silus seems to live in a world of his own when it comes this imaginary card and is just making up his own specs. there is no evidence that there will be a 9800gtx.

Seems to me your point was that there is no evidence there is one, which was entirely wrong, being that your posting in a thread where these is evidence of one. Bit contradictory, wouldnt you say?

Seems to me your point was that there is no evidence there is one, which was entirely wrong, being that your posting in a thread where these is evidence of one. Bit contradictory, wouldnt you say?
This a forum like I already said. That means people can discuss things and form their own opinions. ONE little mention of a 9800GTX from Kyle 6 weeks ago doesnt make it a FACT. I would hardly call what he said EVIDENCE since there has not been ONE shred of info on this card and its already around the time it was/is supposed to be released. Im simply pointing to the OVERWHELMING EVIDENCE that a 9800GTX is not likely at all. If you look at all the replies you will see that plenty of other people are starting to realize this too.

Im simply pointing to the OVERWHELMING EVIDENCE that a 9800GTX is not likely at all.

So now your back to saying theres no evidence?

Not hearing about a card != evidence that it doesnt exist. That has got to be one of the most asinine statements youve made in this thread.

So now your back to saying theres no evidence?

Not hearing about a card != evidence that it doesnt exist. That has got to be one of the most asinine statements youve made in this thread.
For the MILLIONTH time just because Kyle said 6 weeks ago that there will be a 9800gtx doesnt mean that there will be. Since he said that there has not been one indication from anybody or anywhere in the rest of the world that a 9800gtx is actually likely. Kyle is not God plus plans may have changed so get that through your little stubborn head. :rolleyes:

This thread is really funny! People are arguing so much because we all really want a 9800GTX NOW! Chill people, it will get here some day and we will all be happy for a couple of months..............;)

For the MILLIONTH time just because Kyle said 6 weeks ago that there will be a 9800gtx doesnt mean that there will be. Since he said that there has not been one indication from anybody or anywhere in the rest of the world that a 9800gtx is actually likely. Kyle is not God plus plans may have changed so get that through your little stubborn head. :rolleyes:

Hah, my stubborn little head...thats cute. Once again, i fully understand that because Kyle said it doesnt mean its true...and just because you say its not happening, doesnt mean its not happening! For the...SECOND time, I, along with most on this forum, will believe Kyle, long before you! So sit on your hands! Youve made your point! We get it! You seem to think not hearing about something is evidence that it doesnt exist...which makes 0 sense! Its perhaps suggestive at best. :rolleyes: I hope youve had lots of fun trying to beat your point into us in the past 20 pages or so. Sounds like you might need to just relax a little.

Hah, my stubborn little head...thats cute. Once again, i fully understand that because Kyle said it doesnt mean its true...and just because you say its not happening, doesnt mean its not happening! For the...SECOND time, I, along with most on this forum, will believe Kyle, long before you! So sit on your hands! Youve made your point! We get it! You seem to think not hearing about something is evidence that it doesnt exist...which makes 0 sense! Its perhaps suggestive at best. :rolleyes: I hope youve had lots of fun trying to beat your point into us in the past 20 pages or so. Sounds like you might need to just relax a little.
I didnt say this from the beginning like you are indicating with your "past 20 pages or so" comment. I only started saying this a fews days ago since its pretty clear what cards are ACTUALLY going to launch in Feb/March regardless of what you and Silus are hoping for. If you look back on the last few days you will see that more people feel the same way I do than you think.

Well....the 9600GT is on Best Buy shelves courtesy of BFG. A sign that the cycle is beginning?

Well....the 9600GT is on Best Buy shelves courtesy of BFG. A sign that the cycle is beginning?
well we have known that the 9600gt was coming for a couple months now unlike this top secret 9800gtx that only Kyle seems to know about.

First off, I'm all with cannondale, farfromhome, Niceone.. and I think nissanztt and Silus are a bit too optimistic. Can't blame them for hoping, I was too - a month ago :)

But people, chill out a bit! No need to kill each others over beliefs and opinions!

For most of the part, I think everyone here is talking about same thing, and EVERYONE is right - in a way. They are just pushing two things in a wrong direction 'cos they are holding too hard onto one of these two things:
1) 9800 GTX name
2) Feb/March launch date

I'll say that in current situation you can pretty much scrap Feb launch, and with even GX2 & 9600 being postponed bit by bit, March for "9800 GTX" is pretty hard to believe just as well.

You'll note quotes around the name, as it is one thing everyone is killing about. But hell, it's JUST A NAME! It can be changed to anything all the way untill you've got some 3-4 weeks before official launch. And having "9" in the name doesn't mean it's nextgen, and "GTX" won't mean it's 30% fater than "8... GTX". It also doesn't mean it HAS to be G9x or anything similar. So ignore the name, and just call it "The Card" or something...

What I think would make peace in heads and minds of people writing and reading in this thread, would be this:

YES - this new card will be 30+% or 50% or 100% faster than 8800GTX
YES - it will be a new chip
PROBABLY - it's not G90/G92 derivate (as in smaller changes) but GT200 (old G100; meaning bigger changes)
PROBABLY - if it's GT200 than it WILL have more processing units, faster memory, MAYBE wider memory paths and DX10.1, and all else we expect from a new chip

NO - it's not March launch as there's pretty much no time
MAYBE - it can be May
PROBABLY - will be June/July cos they (nVidia) are postponing everything lately, always by few weeks from the first dates that leak to the public

MAYBE - it's 9800, maybe it's 10800, maybe it's X800 (though that would be a laugh :D ), don't hold onto names too hard.. If it's trully GT200 I'd say it will get a new name in the line with ATi "HD" series. But anyway, like I've said - let's just IGNORE that shall we? :) "The Card" is just fineeeee! :)

You can tweak a thing or two in this list, but there are FEW THINGS THAT ARE NOT GOING TOGETHER!
IT WILL NOT be (at the same time) 9800GTX name + 50% faster + March launch.
IT CAN be *name+speed+later launch* OR *name+lower speed+March/early April launch*.
Also, some other things are connected as I've said, like if it's new chip as in GT200 than you can expect those high speed increases and all technical changes...

So take a minute, don't flame me right away, just try to ignore that Kyle said anything, and think about it for a few minutes. There are LOTS of questions, and even more possible answers here. And they are all connected and possible in some "configurations". But I think that unless you're a fanatic you'll have to agree that some things are getting less possible by the minute..

Anyway, take it easy, no need to be rude or anything like that :/

Peace!
Lux

Thanks for the post Lux!! ;)

"PROBABLY - will be June/July cos they (nVidia) are postponing everything lately, always by few weeks from the first dates that leak to the public."

I just hope your guess at June/July is too far out....

Being it's only Feb, July would just be cruel. :eek:

With the price cuts across the entire 8 series line, there is something coming to replace them all. They wouldn't be doing that because of goodness in their heart, but to make room and get rid of old stock that won't sell once 9 series comes out.

TalonMan - NP :) As for June.. I've said that cos I don't think it was slated to be in Feb anyway, but rather later (as May or something). But I'd be as happy as anyone here if it comes earlier :)

DaNotoriusDOM - it's not goodness of their heart. It's ATI cards that are selling for less and less every day.. Did you see prices of HD38xx cards lately? They are all falling like crazy, and X2 was even introduced with pretty low price in the first place...
So it's competition driving the price cuts.. Ok, I'm not saying there isn't anything else, but this is reason enough for itself

Ok my turn to spread the reality of what is really going on.

There are price cuts now because ATI is selling well, and the 9800GX2 will be out March/April.

What I do no believe is what a ton of people wrote here pages ago, saying for sure the 9800GTX was coming in March or so, and would only be like 10-20% faster than the 8800GTX, I say that is utter bullsh!t, why the fuck would nVidia have waited 18 months since the 8800GTX and then can only come up with a 10% faster product :rolleyes: I think there will of course be a 9800GTX not out until late Spring early Summer and it will truly be the beats it should at least 50% fastre, most likely 100%, like the comparison between 7800GTX vs 8800GTX

And then come July the R700 will own all

The 9800 is NOT a new generation of card, it's the same G92 core of the 8800GT and GTS512, hence why it it highly doubtful that the 9800GTX will be 50% faster than the 8800GTX. So it will not be like the 7800-8800 transition. It's much like the 7800-7900 change.

Zorachus:
How many times we have to explain this to you? I mean with 9800 GX2 they would have best dual GPU solution on market and if they wouldn't release G90-series 9800 GTX they would still have better performer in single GPU solutions (actually two of them).

You still don't understand that it's expensive to make large GPU that would be performer king. 8800 GTX used this large GPU and it did cost them a lot; they had to have large price tag for them to have big enough profit margin. 8800 GTS 512's GPU is much cheaper to make and they doesn't have to have so big price tag in order to have good margins.

Geforce 9800 GX2 is easier design, because it uses two existing GPU's. Next gen should be easier to make with just one GPU and they are doing just that with G100..It will have this single GPU advantage over R700.

The 9800 is NOT a new generation of card, it's the same G92 core of the 8800GT and GTS512, hence why it it highly doubtful that the 9800GTX will be 50% faster than the 8800GTX. So it will not be like the 7800-8800 transition. It's much like the 7800-7900 change.

So why not name it the 8900GTX :rolleyes: And what official rumors have we even heard from Chinese websites about a 9800GTX, nothing at all, we here tons of the 9800GX2, and the 9600GT, but this 9800GTX is no where to be seen or written about even in rumors yet. That makes me believe that there really will be a 9800GTX but it is a ways off still, not until like Spring/Summer to compete with the R700. Mark my words the 9800GTX will come around the R700 and it will be faster we all thought it should be.

So why not name it the 8900GTX :rolleyes: And what official rumors have we even heard from Chinese websites about a 9800GTX, nothing at all, we here tons of the 9800GX2, and the 9600GT, but this 9800GTX is no where to be seen or written about even in rumors yet. That makes me believe that there really will be a 9800GTX but it is a ways off still, not until like Spring/Summer to compete with the R700. Mark my words the 9800GTX will come around the R700 and it will be faster we all thought it should be.

Well as I already said beforce all of these GF9-series cards that are known should be more than 30% better than what they are replacing. Was it you who made this "rule" of at least 30% increase between generations?

I didnt say this from the beginning like you are indicating with your "past 20 pages or so" comment. I only started saying this a fews days ago since its pretty clear what cards are ACTUALLY going to launch in Feb/March regardless of what you and Silus are hoping for. If you look back on the last few days you will see that more people feel the same way I do than you think.

Stop dodging bullets and trying to argue stuff im not arguing over. Im not hoping for this card, i coudlnt care less since the card i have plays everything at max with good frame rates. How can you not see that just because there isnt any info on something, doesnt mean that it doesnt exist? How can you possibly conclude something doesnt exist because you havent heard of it? And hopefully for the last time, i never said wether it did, or did not exist, because i really have no clue...just like you. Open your eyes, and admit, you really have no clue, just like the rest of us, and cant say one way or the other. I choose to believe Kyle before you, like ive been saying, doesnt mean hes right, or wrong.

Is that just like...come May of 07, after months and months of delay, R600 will own G80?

Actually CeBit is coming in a few weeks, and there is supposed to be some closed door stuff presented at that time. So unless you work for nVidia I doubt anyone really knows what will be shown there until that very day.

So the week of March4th could be very exciting, we may finally know if Obama is da man over Billary, and nVidia will show off it's newest stuff and then the new round of rumors can start

If RV770 or whatever the top R700 card will be is only supposed to be 50% better than the HD 3870X2, and the HD 3870X2 is neck-and-neck with the 8800GTX (not even the 8800 Ultra), and the 9800GX2 is already supposed to be 40-60% better than the 8800GTX (30-50% better than the 8800 Ultra), then the 9800GX2 already has the potential to top RV770. And, let's not forget, RV770 is supposed to be another X2 offering, and the GX2 should have 3+ months of extra driver development time.

And all of the above while nVidia definitely has something else up its sleeve. Is it the major, new, revolutionary GPU that we have all been surmising exists? For the cards launching in June, probably not. I would surmise those will continue to improve on the G80 design and perhaps amp up the memory a bit to a 512MB bus w/1GB of mem and possibly all of that at DDR4. There have also been rumors of nVidia preparing a 55nm process. These improvements alone could definitely yield a formidable line of cards, which I surmise would be the 9850's or 9900's (I don't think nVidia would, within three months, release an entirely new series- or, at least, not do so overtly).

Does the revolutionary card we think exists actually exist? Not yet perhaps, but nVidia definitely has the money to produce such a card. Will it come this year? Maybe, maybe not- at best, I'd expect it around holiday time, but really I wouldn't expect to see it for another year. If RV770 really is what rumors indicate it is, nVidia once again has no need for it yet. They'll also probably take the additional time to go down to a 45nm process (they might stick at 55nm though- I know they were having some issues w/45nm) and perhaps also do some more with their latest acquisition (Aegia). The good/bad thing here is that nVidia definitely has plenty of money and whatever time they need for R+D of this card. But I just don't see it coming in June and the early reports and speculation I've glimpsed also seem to point to the same conclusion.

What i really don't get is that some people in this thread say that there is no more room for improvement with the G92 because all the options are already being used in it. That may well be true.

But why call the next card a 9800GTX2 if its going to have 2 8800GTS's attached? How are they going to claim it is not just a step up in generationally, but also performance wise?

Are they going to just attach DX10.1 and say A HA! a new generation is born(9XXX)? that doesn't seem right to me, yet still how are they going to call it a GTX? can one of the 9800GTX's be faster then at least the 8800ULTRA.

Theres a lot of rumors flying, I guess Ill just wait till they become something more.

Now that Nvidia has been 'avoiding' GDDR4 with their G90-series GPU's I'd see that they'd move straight to GDDR5 with their next gen high end (no need for too many chips). This could mean that their highend wouldn't have this monstreous 512-bit bus..they could manage with like 256-bit very well.

What reports you are referring to? TCmagazine atleast reported that both G100 and R700 would already be at 'taped out' status..though this would mean that it would still take several months before there are enough amount of complete product.

That and a couple of others- I'll see if I can dig-up the links on those. There were a couple that used information they got from the distributor/manufacturer end (the companies like eVGA, XFX, BFG, etc...) to conclude that nVidia's next gpu should be out June/July.

I like speculation. :cool:
nvidia "D8E" High End solution, what can we expect in 2008?
Can anyone be even more cryptic than this ? ;)
Is NVIDIA doing a secret project?
bluetooth
The One Join Date: May 2000

Is NVIDIA doing a secret project?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have been observant, NVIDIA has lots of delays in their product line. For example, the MCP78 will be delayed till MAR-APR. GPUs are also delayed but not as bad as the chipsets.

Is this because NVIDIA is putting resources to some secret project ? Are they channelling resources to prepare something to counter AMD and INTEL ? Maybe, maybe not.

Not quite. The 8800 GTX to 9800 GTX, will be similar to the 6800 Ultra to 7800 GTX transition, in terms of performance i.e. no more than 70% performance increase.

GeForce 9800 GTX (D9E-20) to launch in Late March

VR-Zone learned that the fastest single card from Nvidia, the GeForce 9800 GTX (D9E-20) will be launched in late March, about 2 weeks after the 9800 GX2. It is G92 based and it is rumored to be clocked between 750-850MHz.

VR-Zone.

GeForce 9800 GTX (D9E-20) to launch in Late March

VR-Zone learned that the fastest single card from Nvidia, the GeForce 9800 GTX (D9E-20) will be launched in late March, about 2 weeks after the 9800 GX2. It is G92 based and it is rumored to be clocked between 750-850MHz.

VR-Zone.
VR-Zone going Fudzilla:
-Make news that are Short, 1 or 2 rows in in lenght
-Say that your site have learned something, not telling from where or anything that would make us believe that they should know these things
-When speculating about it's specs be sure to use very wide range for things (750-850)
------

This is going to be one of those cases where I chose to keep my GTX's and wait for the next gen card in a year or two and thus will have gotten a lot of mileage (3yrs, approx) out of my GTX's!

When you see us publish something you can count on it being fact that day. Things change, and we do not go back and change posts to reflect updates along the way. Quite frankly, this is one of the reasons we do not report on these situations many times. I can tell you this, the day it was published, it was a factual representation.

Interesting.. Some early reviews are showing the 9600GT to be within 20% of the 8800GT on most games.. Makes me wonder.

Interesting.. Some early reviews are showing the 9600GT to be within 20% of the 8800GT on most games.. Makes me wonder.

Yeah unfortunately those cards are seeing a heavy markup from what I looked at. When you see 8800GT's for 200, and 9600GT's for nearly the same... I mean wasn't the 9600 supposed to be the 100-150 price range?

Back