nvidia's "Community Outreach" targets Forums

Scali said:
You weren't the only one posting in that thread, you know...
Can't ignore the positives just because there are some negatives. :)

I think the only thing this accomplished is scaring people from posting positive things about nVidia in fear of being accused of being on AEG's staff. I'm MOST LIKELY WRONG (aka, don't consider this my opinion, but just me spouting), but the conspiracy theorist cynic in me wonders if it's a rumor manufactured by somebody who doesn't want people recommending nVidia. Sometimes the best sales for a product are due to a lack of talk about other options.

GilmourD said:

I think the only thing this accomplished is scaring people from posting positive things about nVidia in fear of being accused of being on AEG's staff. I'm MOST LIKELY WRONG (aka, don't consider this my opinion, but just me spouting), but the conspiracy theorist cynic in me wonders if it's a rumor manufactured by somebody who doesn't want people recommending nVidia. Sometimes the best sales for a product are due to a lack of talk about other options.

Well, that theory is interesting, since people are not only accusing others of being on AEG's staff, but they want them banned aswell... Sorta like an 'endloesung' for NVIDIA-fans :)

GilmourD said:

AEG does not promote products in public forums.

AEG has already stated that they don't do this (see here, link from Hardocp's main page), the people continuing with this accusation are either misinformed or "other". AEG collects consumer sentiment in public forums about a product or service and sells it back to the company. If you think about it for a second, it's an great way of improving a product or service, consumer orientated--->the way things should be.

That rollio(sp? sry) guy claims to be a beta tester and claims not to be paid for positive reviews. If his posts were irrational or misleading the best you could say is that he has a conflict of interests.

Da Frechman said:
AEG have already stated that they don't do this (see here, link from Hardocp's main page), the people continuing with this accusation are either misinformed or "other". AEG collects consumer sentiment in public forums about a product and sells it back to the company.

That rollio(sp? sry) guy claims to be a beta tester and claims not to be paid for positive reviews. If his posts were irrational or misleading the best you could say is that he has a conflict of interests.
I realize this, and know that Brent posted it in this thread as well. However, a lot of people are posting as if that was never said, so... [shrug] I was just stating the possibility that people might fear posting positive things about nVidia.

I understand and I'm sorry if I misrepresented what you said.

Check out the history of some of the squeakiest wheels, I don't want to be part of this witch hunt but dang, some things do look suspiciously like there's some organizational thought spanning several forums. None of it seems to be green and not all of it seems to be red. Personally, I'd drop it and not push it any further.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1014740

I hope this guy has been banned. This adds weight to the initial claims of the article. I for one wont be spending anymore money on Nvidia products.

If there products were really that good, Nvidia wouldnt have to resort to tactics like this. I currently own a GTX and am selling it in favor the the XT. This decision has nothing to do with these cheap marketing tactics, but because I feel I will be getting a better card. :eek:

Obvious and nasty, eh? Jeez... Still comes off as the rantings of a fan with a new card then a professional pusher.

(fan boy is bad language? Trolling?)

Fearfreak said:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1014740

I hope this guy has been banned. This adds weight to the initial claims of the article. I for one wont be spending anymore money on Nvidia products.

If there products were really that good, Nvidia wouldnt have to resort to tactics like this. I currently own a GTX and am selling it in favor the the XT. This decision has nothing to do with these cheap marketing tactics, but because I feel I will be getting a better card. :eek:
OK... You have a very anti-nVidia sentiment, are calling for somebody's banning, and all four of your posts since joining the HardForum are in this thread. Hmmm...

Honestly, I think going on a witch hunt, demanding for the banning of users without proof is... Well... Utterly stupid. Has anybody laid down any proof proving or disproving such actions on the part of AEG or nVidia? I'd like to see payroll documentation, job orders, and traces of multiple accounts to individual users, myself. Otherwise, posts like the one I quoted make me wonder who's really throwing around the biased payrolled bullshit, nVidia or its opposition.

GilmourD said:
Honestly, I think going on a witch hunt, demanding for the banning of users without proof is... Well... Utterly stupid.

Would you expect anything smart from someone who just wasted a few hundred bucks on the fastest card from one vendor, while apparently not being informed very well, and now wasting another few hundred bucks more, only a few weeks later, on the competitor's fastest card, because it has a barely tangible advantage?

Scali said:
Would you expect anything smart from someone who just wasted a few hundred bucks on the fastest card from one vendor, while apparently not being informed very well, and now wasting another few hundred bucks more, only a few weeks later, on the competitor's fastest card, because it has a barely tangible advantage?
Well, I figured he was either adding fuel to the fire, or he's still running around in circles wearing a helmet and shoes with a bar in between, screaming "YAY!!! VIDEO CARDS!!!"

Scali said:
Which is why I have decided not to waste my knowledge and experience on this forum anymore.

I see your still posting. Leave already! I was so happy when I read this.

GilmourD said:
Well, I figured he was either adding fuel to the fire, or he's still running around in circles wearing a helmet and shoes with a bar in between, screaming "YAY!!! VIDEO CARDS!!!"

This one kept me laughing for a while,,thanks

Oh, by the way the upgrade cost me $50 total.

I appear to be eating it all the way around, eh? I guess I'll keep quiet for awhile before I get spanked anymore. There is a concern of liability and false advertising, plus possibly slander if someone could prove that that he/she was collecting an income for promoting a product.

For the record, I'm an auto-mechanic with a hefty military background (some of the cool stuff). I've got no affiliation with nVidia what-so-ever. My intro into accelerated gaming came at a time when Rage3d was popular, ATI had their benchmarks on their home page which were very misleading (and that's an understatement). I dropped ATI for nVidia at the time their MAXX card came out and they abandoned their base and hype.

I have no bias towards or away from ATI though I prefer nVidia and that's not hypocritical. I have no problem saying that ATI has the better performing card right now though I'll still buy nVidia simply because the difference isn't that great

For the rest... if you want a no holds barred, let's meet in Usenet someplace and not occupy someone else's bandwidth and time.

Fearfreak said:
I see your still posting. Leave already! I was so happy when I read this.

I never said I was leaving, I said I wasn't going to share my knowledge and experience anymore. I meant related to videocards, but I've decided that I'm not even going to bother to point out your grammar mistake either.

Da Frechman said:
I have no bias towards or away from ATI but I prefer nVidia and that's not hypocritical. I have no problem saying that ATI has the better performing card right now though I'll still buy nVidia.

Same here, but narrowminded people think that you think they way they do. So if you say you buy one brand, they assume you think that brand is the best, and are against the other brand.
Obviously this does not have anything to do with reality.

GilmourD said:
OK... You have a very anti-nVidia sentiment, are calling for somebody's banning, and all four of your posts since joining the HardForum are in this thread. Hmmm...

Honestly, I think going on a witch hunt, demanding for the banning of users without proof is... Well... Utterly stupid. Has anybody laid down any proof proving or disproving such actions on the part of AEG or nVidia? I'd like to see payroll documentation, job orders, and traces of multiple accounts to individual users, myself. Otherwise, posts like the one I quoted make me wonder who's really throwing around the biased payrolled bullshit, nVidia or its opposition.
Just hit the report bad post button, probably someone who already got booted before for trolling.

Bias is bias whether free stuff is involved or not. Heck I guess I understand it a little more when you get something for it.

The original poster of this thread has a clear bias and that's ok as long as he hides his reasons? :rolleyes:

I admit (at this point) I prefer NVIDIA. I have several ATI parts too (even a Matrox card). I have both Intel and AMD, MS & Linux. I get nothing free from anyone (not counting Linux). This marketing program sounds pretty typical to me if you have ever worked with a marketing department. Until someone shows me an AEG memo that says "Post BS and Troll" I will just right it off as a few fans getting some loot.

Scali said:
I never said I was leaving, I said I wasn't going to share my knowledge and experience anymore. I meant related to videocards, but I've decided that I'm not even going to bother to point out your grammar mistake either.

Knowledge and experience? your making me laugh. We should just call you and Nvidiot or Sirpost Alot.

GilmourD said:

Relatively new here, but long time poster at Anandtech. I can tell you it is pure insanity over there. Half of the posters there would seem right at home in 17th Century Salem Massechussetts. Gives new meaning to the words "Witch Hunt". I'm actually almost too embarrassed to return there. Not for me, but for them.

I think the only thing that is truly objectionable is the fact it was kept so secretive. Keeping a secret and having it come out later is far worse than declaring one's intentions right up front at the very beginning. I dunno.

Sorry Scali, but I've got to point this out; the proper form is "grammatical mistake", not "grammar mistake". :p :p :p

ManicOne said:
Sorry Scali, but I've got to point this out; the proper form is "grammatical mistake", not "grammar mistake". :p :p :p

I'm sure it is, but my excuse is that I'm not a native English speaker :)

keysplayr said:
Relatively new here, but long time poster at Anandtech. I can tell you it is pure insanity over there. Half of the posters there would seem right at home in 17th Century Salem Massechussetts. Gives new meaning to the words "Witch Hunt". I'm actually almost too embarrassed to return there. Not for me, but for them.

I think the only thing that is truly objectionable is the fact it was kept so secretive. Keeping a secret and having it come out later is far worse than declaring one's intentions right up front at the very beginning. I dunno.

People can be so stupid some times.
I'm willing to bet that the minute this story broke, every one tied to it in any way made a new account with a different host. Scream and cry all they want, its a witch hunt from here on out. Seeing how its also tied to the main companies that support these sites with review cards and such, I highly doubt you will see anyone step in and put a foot down about it.

Scali said:
Which is why I have decided not to waste my knowledge and experience on this forum anymore.

Two pages later, and your you're still posting? A man is only as good as his word. :confused:

fallguy said:
Two pages later, and you didnt keep your word? A man is only as good as his word. :confused:

Or...you are purposely misquoting, ignoring a follow-up, and fanning the flames? :confused:

:rolleyes:

Ominous Gamer said:
Or...you are purposely misquoting, ignoring a follow-up, and fanning the flames? :confused:

:rolleyes:

What did I misquote? Why the rolleyes? Try to keep it flame free, thanks. Here is the whole post;

Scali said:
It's already like that. I was also accused of being part of the AEG-program, after expressing my preference for the 7800 as a developer, because of some new features that ATi hasn't implemented yet, in another thread on this forum.
While ironically I am not being paid by NVIDIA, nor do I actually own and use an NVIDIA card at this moment. In fact, I was not even recommending NVIDIA to others, I just said it's what I would buy at this moment. I recommend ATi to people with other requirements, such as my brother.
People simply don't listen to you anymore. They don't care about any technical data, it's just a witch-hunt, and brand vs brand. Which is why I have decided not to waste my knowledge and experience on this forum anymore. There's no point in explaining the virtues of hardware features when people can't even look beyond a brand, and blindly start accusing, questioning and insulting you.

As you can see, I didnt misquote anything. Just a little confused as to why he is still posting, when he said he wasnt going to "waste my time" here anymore.

fallguy said:
What did I misquote? Why the rolleyes? Try to keep it flame free, thanks. Here is the whole post;

As you can see, I didnt misquote anything. Just a little confused as to why he is still posting, when he said he wasnt going to "waste my time" here anymore.

I read the post, as well as the post you are ignoring in order to deny a misquote. ;)

Here is a hint. :rolleyes:

I'll sit here and wait for the "Ohh..." to sink in, followed by another BS denial post.

Except hes already back tracked on that. But hey, it doesnt matter anyways. I guess he will just spew out more insults, instead of his alleged "knowledge".

But nice rolleyes, helps the maturity level in this already degrading topic. /done

keysplayr said:

Yes I agree with all you say. Many posters there have been deeply insulted by the AEG focus group member and are very happy to get some pay back. I think a well moderated forum like this one - is really the best protection from the non stop fud of a viral agent. Also keeps animosity from growing until it consumes all.

Scali said:
Which is why I have decided not to waste my knowledge and experience on this forum anymore.[/QUOTE]

Geez, he feels he is wasting his own time? What about ours! We're the ones that have read post after post of his unending propaganda.

I have been damaged probably more than anyone by aeg but it wasn't aeg fault or nv either.

It was as much mine as anyone's but the tactics used by rollo and his buddies at aT were shameless.

This witch hunt stuff has gone way to far. It looks to me like a red herring tactic possiably by AED to do damage controll.

The red herring tactic was used by Rollo a lot . and it was very effective. It was a matter of time befor 1 or 2 members would slip up and it would become public knowlegde.

BBA said:
Well...it sounds like a good idea to me. :D

How much do they pay you anyway?

Depends on who you mean by 'they', and what they pay me for.
If 'they' is NVIDIA or ATi, then it is 0, because I am not employed nor otherwise affiliated with either.

fallguy said:

It doesn't say "time" anywhere in that quote.
So I didn't actually say what you think I said. It's useful to also READ the thing you're quoting.

I really would just like to forget it now. I read the AT forums on this topic. As much as a resent Rollo . I do sincerly feel badly for the guy. I guess my damage wasn't so bad after all. Some people who I thought were his friends have turned there backs on him and its really a sad thing . I already know he's a lonely guy. Its a good thing he has a nice wife and kid. I think maybe he should just step away from his keyboard and reflect a little bit about how he is feeling right now. As he has made many people feel the same way but to a lesser degree. So rollo if you read this am truely regret giving you a hard time. I wish you the best of luck. :)

fallguy said:

This whole thread was a waste of time, Fallguy, why are you still posting? You were the first person to call for these people to be banned without even knowing what they do. I'm sure you are a communist sympathizer too.

Back