OCZ vs Kingston for Asus P6X58 D-E

drtc

Limp Gawd
Hi all,
as I'm building a rig, using the Asus P6X58 D-E Motherboard and an i7 950 CPU,
I had ordered 12GB Ram in 3x4GB modules, since I'm planning in the future to max out all slots to 24GB (6x4GB).
I had ordered Kignston KVR1333D3N9K3/12G
http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/con...p?root=&LinkBack=&ktcpartno=KVR1333D3N9K3/12G
which appears to compatible with my motherboard when filling all slots.
However the shop is now out of stock and instead available is the OCZ OCZ3G1333LV12GK
http://www.ocztechnology.com/produc...66-12gb-gold-low-voltage-triple-channel-.html

I have two questions:
First, is this memory 1333Mhz or 1066? in other words:
which is faster the Kingston or the OCZ?
Second, will it be compatible with my mobo?
In the verified memory list Asus has the 6GB 3x2 version of this but the "6 modules inserted" box is unchecked.
Here is ASUS memory verified vendor list pdf:
P6X58D-Premium-Memory-QVL.zip
Should I wait for availablity of Kignston or go with OCZ having in mind I want to fill all 6 slots?
I'd truly appreciate your feedback

The QVL needs to be updated.

I personally would go with the kingston since it is already on the QVL. I would imagine kingston has better warranty support as well.

The ETA for more kingston on newegg is on the 17th of this month.. just wait for it.

Both of those sets are 1333.

You will probably need to up the memory controlelr voltage and the ram voltage a small amount when running 6 sticks.

Make sure you install the latest BIOS for that board.

ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1366/P6X58D-E/

thanx for the link!
I personally would go with the kingston since it is already on the QVL
thats what I thought of too, lets hope it is available on the 16th as I have been told.

would you know how to flash the bios ROM file nowadays? using a usb stick or burning it on a cd?

thanx for the link!

thats what I thought of too, lets hope it is available on the 16th as I have been told.

would you know how to flash the bios ROM file nowadays? using a usb stick or burning it on a cd?

I use a bootable usb stick... but you should be able to just stick the ROM on a usb stick, go into the BIOS or press F2 and use the built in flash utility on the board to flash the new ROM.

Back