Official ASUS P8P67 Series Overclocking Guide and Information

I ran into the same issue. What I had to do was change the Mode in UEFI from "By All Cores" to "Auto", boot into windows, open TurboV EVO, go to Advanced and CPU Ratio tab (now magically there), then turn it on and reboot.

After that point, I could go back into UEFI and change the mode back to "By All Cores" and type in whatever base multiplier I wanted, and the CPU Ratio tab would still be present and tweakable.

Oh rock on!

Ill give this a try later.

Thanks so much.

I just swapped the MB and went back to OC settings. I went with the old settings (cpu offset) and now the cpu doesn't throttle down to 1.6 GHz? Any idea why?

Has anyone found that after swapping to the b3 board, suddenly (same bios settings), the cpu ratio tab is missing from Turbo evo? Tried removing and reinstalling with the latest version no change.

Make sure you've installed the latest Intel MEI. I think there's something in there for the B3's. You'll find the link in Official Updates thread.

I'm currently stabled at 4.5ghz with a offset of +0.005 which nets to 1.344-1.352 at load :(

I want to go up more but I don't want my vcore to to go above 1.4.

Also, what is everyone's gflops? I can only do 60 gflops at 4.5ghz...

Which CPU?

Mine i7-2600k GFLOPS=72 @ 4.5 GHz according to SiSoftware Sandra, my offset is on auto and it runs 1.320 to 1.328 under extreme load

2600k, Asus P8P67 Pro, and 8gb ram (2x4gb 9-9-9-24)

I am going to try to adjust my volts to -0.005 and -0.010 when I get home tonight. Offset to auto fails so I'll try negative and see how it goes.

I've been googling a lot of gflops and it seens the range is 55-75ish with the normal tests. With updated linpacks, it skyrockets to 120+ jeez

so i guess my "60" is average?

I don't mind at all.

Interesting. I found that the voltage was spiking higher than it needed to with Offset on "Auto".

Maybe it has something to do with your having the EPU enabled?

--Mark--

P8P67 Pro rev. B3

Hope you don't mind Mark, I copied your template and put my settings in for a 4.5 OC. I've had mine up to 4.8 on the old B2 board, no internal PLL overvolt, and didn't try for more.
My voltage is the same as yours currently (pun). I haven't tweaked the offset voltage yet. I've found and have now read other places, even if you get what appears to be a stable OC using prime95 with these chips, they can still BSOD during normal use as has been my experience. I've started using PCmark Vantage (the full set of tests) and run several passes which takes a few hours. A what appeared to be stable prime95 I could get to fail usually in the first pass of PCmark Vantage. If my OC passed the PCmark Vantage, I haven't got a BSOD in normal use and it will pass prime95 too. Temps using Zalman 9700 during normal use run from a low of 26C to a high of 53C. I think I have found the sweet spot for me and 24/7, just a little offset voltage tweaking to do.

Ai Tweaker Menu:
All settings at default or "Auto" except as noted:

Ai Overclock Tuner: Manual
BCLK/PEG Freq: 100.0
Turbo Ratio: By Per Core - All cores set to "45"
Internal PLL Overvoltage: Auto (I think Auto = Disabled)
Memory Freq: DDR3-1333 MHz
EPU Power Saving Mode: Enabled
EPU setting: Auto
Dram Timing Control: 9-9-9-24-2T
Load Line Calibration: Auto
VRM Frequency: Auto
Phase Control: Standard
Duty Control: T-Probe
CPU Voltage: Offset Mode
Offset Sign: +
Offset Voltage: Auto
DRAM Voltage: 1.65
CPU Spread
Spectrum: Disabled

Advanced Menu:
CPU Configuration:

CPU Ratio: Auto
Intel Adaptive Thermal Monitoring: Enabled
Hyperthreading: Enabled
Active Processor Cores: All
Limit CPUID Max: Disabled
Execute Disabled Bit: Enabled
Intel Virtualization Tech: Disabled
Enhanced Speedstep Tech: Enabled
Turbo Mode: Enabled
CPU C1E: Enabled
CPU C3 Report: Auto (read somewhere Auto = Disabled when overclocking)
CPU C6 Report: Enabled

I don't mind at all.

Interesting. I found that the voltage was spiking higher than it needed to with Offset on "Auto".

Maybe it has something to do with your having the EPU enabled?

--Mark--

That is what mine did with the B2 board set to auto, the volts on this new board with 1305 seem to act about like my old one @ 4.4 and -0.05 offset. The idle volts are higher with this one. I thought maybe they had made some changes to offset mode and that is why it wasn't spiking so high as much as before.

That is what mine did with the B2 board set to auto, the volts on this new board with 1305 seem to act about like my old one @ 4.4 and -0.05 offset. The idle volts are higher with this one. I thought maybe they had made some changes to offset mode and that is why it wasn't spiking so high as much as before.

Are you running at 4.4Ghz using offset mode with -0.05? How is that possible?I have at 4.5, offset set to +0.40 with Medium LLC.

Are you running at 4.4Ghz using offset mode with -0.05? How is that possible?I have at 4.5, offset set to +0.40 with Medium LLC.

It seems all the CPU's require different amounts of voltage, no 2 situations are exactly the same. I didn't need Internal PLL Overvoltage on to get to 4.8 as some do. If the Asus stats at the start of this thread are correct, I have one of the lucky 10% chips that will go over 4.7 GHz without it. I am currently running 4.5 with most everything on auto/default and good voltage

Edit: it was -0.005 not -0.05

Last edited:
I understand what offset voltages do and how they work (somewhat) but I just dont know what to put in there.
I am currently running a 2600K/ Asus MoBo P8P67 Evo -- 1305 Bios overclocked to 4.5 GHz with 1.32 Vcore. Temps running at about 64C at full load after an hour of prime.

what would be a good start point setting to begin with. I know all chips are different and settings will differ but I need a starting point.
I have never used offset options before (obviously)

Any help you can offer me would be greatly appreciated.

I understand what offset voltages do and how they work (somewhat) but I just dont know what to put in there.
I am currently running a 2600K/ Asus MoBo P8P67 Evo -- 1305 Bios overclocked to 4.5 GHz with 1.32 Vcore. Temps running at about 64C at full load after an hour of prime.

what would be a good start point setting to begin with. I know all chips are different and settings will differ but I need a starting point.
I have never used offset options before (obviously)

Any help you can offer me would be greatly appreciated.

Try +0.020 and raise or lower based on stability from there.

After several testing, I've lowered my vcore to 1.320. I have it set at - 0.020 for my offset. I'm not sure if I should try for more or not as I don't want higher temps. Any thoughts on 4.5ghz vs more?

Hi there!

This is my 1st post and after reading throughout the whole thread I'm non the wiser on how to achieve my desired outcome so I'll leave it here as a bit of a challenge. To the winner a sweet 10 quid PayPal payment (and by the winner I mean the first person to crack it).

So... To the problem. I've done quite a bit of tweaking using many variations on LLC, Phase control etc but none of it seems to have that much of an effect so let's assume the following:

Ai Overclock Tuner: Manual
BCLK/PEG Freq: 100.0
Turbo Ratio: By Per All Cores - "48"
Internal PLL Overvoltage: Auto
Memory Freq: DDR3-1600MHz (I've got 2133 modules but just to avoid another source of instability let's use it at 1600)
EPU Power Saving Mode: Enabled
EPU setting: Auto
Dram Timing Control: 9-11-9-28-2T (as per the stickers in the memory modules)
Load Line Calibration: Very High
VRM Frequency: Auto
Phase Control: Extreme
Duty Control: T-Probe
CPU Voltage: Offset Mode
Offset Sign: +
Offset Voltage: Auto
DRAM Voltage: 1.600 (as per the stickers in the memory modules)
CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled

OK. Fantastic! That boot's up my system at 4800mhz but my voltages are very high (1.35+ on idle and going nuts on full load to 1.51 and beyond) so it's no good.

Now comes the problem. If I now open the TurboV option on the Ai Suite II I can change the VCORE using the sliding bar. That would be set a 1.37v to begin with (value chosen by the EPU I assume) but I can bring it all the way down to 1.22v and the system is stable. Bringing it down to 1.21v gives me aprox. 1.2v on idle at 1600Mhz and just over 1.41v on full load (prime95) at 4800Mhz. Perfect I would say as my temps are quite low (60-65 tops) but every time I re-start the machine I have to open TurboV and apply that VCORE reduction, otherwise it will be back to 1.37v which makes the voltage under load crazy high.

The question is: "Is there any way to automate the loading of a saved profile in TurboV so that it can push that damn 1.37 down to 1.22 everytime the system re-starts or how to get the same effect using the EFI"

I've tried using the Offsets, even having different offsets for normal operation and for turbo operation by having a different value under "Turbo extra voltage" option on "CPU Power Management" but I can't seem to get it right.

So that is it... If any of you brainy boxes can find a way to achieve that you'll be having a pint or two on me!

Cheers!

Concerning offset.
I see posts like this.

CPU Voltage: (1.120V) Offset
Sign: -
Offset Voltage: 0.060 (I set it to -0.060 to get down the high load voltage of 1,40V, its at 1,224V now when running Prime95 and seems stable)

OK, I went in and set
CPU voltage to Offset
Then below I put the - sign
then I put in 0.060

Now when CPUZ and prime are running in the Core Voltage area it says 1.32 (under load)
That is what I HAD it previously set to.

When I stop prime the CPU Voltage now goes lower.

I thought the CPU Voltage would be lower under load now?

Edit-- Actually under load I see the CPU voltage fluctuate between 1.312 and 1.320

Last edited:
its vrdroop - load vcore is actually higher than what you see, but the load drags the reading down.

Well I have been running prime for over an hour.
CPU Voltage seems to read between 1.296 and 1.312 mostly.

Temps hit 64C periodically (5 Deg lower than before)
but mostly hover around 60C

Not sure what to do next. Any advice appreciated

Spoke too soon.
Went upstairs, came down and machine had rebooted itself.

Went into Bios and I see it reset itself to auto . reset offset to +0.020 BSOD
Trying at +0.030 now

Last edited:
Spoke too soon.
Went upstairs, came down and machine had rebooted itself.

Went into Bios and I see it reset itself to auto . reset offset to -0.020
BSOD

Dont know where to go now.

sandy bridge you got to start with the ram first. I like to help you but last time I tripped over someone's ego in doing that so I hope the links will help you. Most of them go 5Ghz on air but you got to do the pll bios update and use a different approach to it than with previous intel cpus.

sandy bridge you got to start with the ram first. I like to help you but last time I tripped over someone's ego in doing that so I hope the links will help you. Most of them go 5Ghz on air but you got to do the pll bios update and use a different approach to it than with previous intel cpus.

I got no ego LOL

I have successfully OC to 4.5 @ 1.32 Vcore (no offset) @ 68C
And also set up the Ram.
Using Clunk's guide.
http://www.clunk.org.uk/forums/overclocking/39184-p67-sandy-bridge-overclocking-guide-beginners.html

This offset is new to me and I just cant find a guide for it anywhere.
I am running prime now using -0.040 offset.
about 15 min.
We shall see.

See, for me the bigest thing is the temps. I want to keep it as close to 60-62C as possible.
(not sure what temps are acceptable)

I did look at that guide.
I dont see anything for offset voltages there
Idle temps about 28-30C

Anyone know if its safe to use the downgrade bios option on a b3 motherboard in the asus update? I had stable settings on 1204 but the 1305 the new board came with, i'm having a terrible time finding stability (at 4.8ghz)..

Welp,
I just couldnt make it happen. I must be doing something wrong. Every setting I put in for offset either I crashed or got dead workers in prime.

I put it back to 1.32 Vcore for now.

However I reseated my Noctua and used IcDiamond this time.
I used too much of Noctuas thermal paste previously.
With IcDiamond I am idling at roughly 28C and it says to give it 2 hours to break ion so......

Welp,
I just couldnt make it happen. I must be doing something wrong. Every setting I put in for offset either I crashed or got dead workers in prime.

You need to tweak your load line calibration settings also, they have a big impact on what voltage you are getting at load, and can also affect stability at idle. Try using Regular with a higher + offset and see if that helps.

I went to MC today and got Deluxe. I decided to upgrade from my PRO. I hope it will be as great overclocker as my P5Q Deluxe.

Well my new B3 Asus P8P67 Deluxe arrived a few days ago and for sure does not Overclock the same as the old.

I Just passed a 5 hour run with prime , also a 3 pass with Memtest. Bios 1305.
** Everything else on Auto **

AI Overclock Tuner - Manual
BCLK/ Frequency - 103.0
All Cores - 44
PLL - Disable
Memory - 1922MHz @ 9-10-9-27-2t
EPU Power Saving - Disable

Load-Line - Medium
Phase Control - Optimized
Dutry Control - T.Probe
CPU Current Capability - 100%
VRM Freq - 350
CPU Voltage - Offset + 0.060
DRAM 1.65
CPU PLL Voltage - 1.550
CPU Spread Spectrum - Disabled
C1 C3 C6 - Enable

2 f3"s 1 tb in raid 0 on the Intel ports.
Intel Core i7 2600k
CORSAIR DOMINATOR GT 8GB (2x 4GB) 2000 (CMT8GX3M2A2000C9)

*** Note ***
Please post your B3 Overclock settings as I tried for hours and hours to keep prime from BSOD or any suggestions on the above are more than welcome. 25c Idle - 54c Load on a custom water cooled set up.

Last edited:
I ran into the same issue. What I had to do was change the Mode in UEFI from "By All Cores" to "Auto", boot into windows, open TurboV EVO, go to Advanced and CPU Ratio tab (now magically there), then turn it on and reboot.

After that point, I could go back into UEFI and change the mode back to "By All Cores" and type in whatever base multiplier I wanted, and the CPU Ratio tab would still be present and tweakable.

The first part worked, if set to auto, the tab appeared. You mentioned then turn it on and reboot.. u mean put it back to OS by all cores then it should still be there? Because it wasnt there after a reboot :(

Well my new B3 Asus P8P67 Deluxe arrived a few days ago and for sure does not Overclock the same as the old.

I Just passed a 5 hour run with prime , also a 3 pass with Memtest. Bios 1305.
** Everything else on Auto **

AI Overclock Tuner - Manual
BCLK/ Frequency - 103.0
All Cores - 44
PLL - Disable
Memory - 1922MHz @ 9-10-9-27-2t
EPU Power Saving - Disable

Load-Line - Medium
Phase Control - Optimized
Dutry Control - T.Probe
CPU Current Capability - 100%
VRM Freq - 350
CPU Voltage - Offset + 0.060
DRAM 1.65
CPU PLL Voltage - 1.550
CPU Spread Spectrum - Disabled
C1 C3 C6 - Enable

2 f3"s 1 tb in raid 0 on the Intel ports.
Intel Core i7 2600k
CORSAIR DOMINATOR GT 8GB (2x 4GB) 2000 (CMT8GX3M2A2000C9)

*** Note ***
Please post your B3 Overclock settings as I tried for hours and hours to keep prime from BSOD or any suggestions on the above are more than welcome. 25c Idle - 54c Load on a custom water cooled set up.

I cant get it to overclock above 4.6ghz so far.. no matter what combo of settings i try.. mine is rev b3 as well.. i still think its this 1305 bios

I'm 24 hours stable at 4.6 ghz..

In general.. i had to crank the volts to 1.48 to NOT stop 124 bsod error out within 45 minutes (didnt go beyond this), this being for 48x.. before on a different cpu i was stable at 1.375 volts with same settings.. i thought maybe i'm having luck of draw since i switched cpu's, but maybe its this bios.

I cant get it to overclock above 4.6ghz so far.. no matter what combo of settings i try.. mine is rev b3 as well.. i still think its this 1305 bios

I'm 24 hours stable at 4.6 ghz..

In general.. i had to crank the volts to 1.48 to NOT stop 124 bsod error out within 45 minutes (didnt go beyond this), this being for 48x.. before on a different cpu i was stable at 1.375 volts with same settings.. i thought maybe i'm having luck of draw since i switched cpu's, but maybe its this bios.

Yes for sure I can not use my old stable settings on this B3 board , they just will not work. I even took apart my water cooled set up , Re seated the CPU, Re applied the TIM , just to be safe and no changes , as It runs 5-8c hotter also.. But I'm still trying all Kinds of configurations so we will see. I might dump my Deluxe on ebay and get the MAXIMUS IV EXTREME (REV 3.0) .. I just about had it with the Deluxe my frustration is on the edge as I'm wondering what's the next issue that's going to occur with this board.. Don't get me wrong It's up and running fine now , And It's a great board but I just don't feel at ease using it .. Not b/c of any certain thing I just had issue after issue with the old and it got me to a point of non trust. Plus I want x16 dual SLI.

Last edited:
Yes for sure I can not use my old stable settings on this B3 board , they just will not work. I even took apart my water cooled set up , Re seated the CPU, Re applied the TIM , just to be safe and no changes , as It runs 5-8c hotter also.. But I'm still trying all Kinds of configurations so we will see. I might dump my Deluxe on ebay and get the MAXIMUS IV EXTREME (REV 3.0) .. I just about had it with the Deluxe my frustration is on the edge as I'm wondering what's the next issue that's going to occur with this board.. Don't get me wrong It's up and running fine now , And It's a great board but I just don't feel at ease using it .. Not b/c of any certain thing I just had issue after issue with the old and it got me to a point of non trust. Plus I want x16 dual SLI.

MAX IV doesn't get you 2x x16 in dual-SLI.

Thanks Mate , I could of swore the video from Overclockers 3D I watched on youtube said dual x16.. I will have another look.:mad:

4 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (single @x16, dual @x8, triple @x8, x16, x16 )

** Update **

I will just put a sound card or hd tv tunner in the top slot and 2 GTX 580'S in the next 2 , that will give me dual x16..

Last edited:
The M4E does not do x16/x16 because the latency added by the NF200 in that configuration negates any gains over x8/x8. The M4E smartly puts the NF200 between the 2nd and 3rd slots, making them communicate at x16 speeds AND only adding the associated latency in triple-SLI/Crossfire configurations. The 1st slot will only ever run at x16 electrical when no expansion cards are installed in the 2nd slot.

You will not gain any performance running your two 580s in the bottom slots.

Thanks for the info Mate , I have a friend that installed a FX Sound card in the top and two GPU'S in the next slots and he said they run at x16 . I will have to go look for myself as he could be BS my butt..

Thanks again..

Offset voltages are your friend... here is a 3 week stable setting for 4.6ghz. Idle is at 1.0v running at 28 degrees. 100% load is stable at 1.28-1.30v running at max 70 degrees. For 4.8Ghz change the offset voltage to +0.125, but this increases temps to 75-80 degrees on full load.

AI Overclock Tuner: Manual
BLCK Freq: 100.00
Turbo Ratio: Enabled (All Cores)
By All Cores: 46
Internal PLL OverVoltage: Enabled
Mem Freq: (AS PER YOUR RAM)
EPU Power Saving: Disabled

Load-Line Calibration: Regular
VRM Freq: Manual Set to 350
Duty Contorl: Extreme
CPU Current Capability: 100%
CPU OverVoltage: Offset Mode
CPU Offset: + 0.070
DRAM Voltage: (AS PER YOUR RAM)
VCCSA Voltage: Auto
VCCIO Voltage: Auto
CPU PLL Voltage: Auto
PCH Voltage: Auto
Intel Adaptive Thermal Monitor: Enabled
Intel Virtualization: Disabled
Intel SpeedStep: Enabled
CPU C1E, C3, C6: Enabled

I should add that this is with BIOS 1305 on the DELUXE on water. Your mileage may vary.

Last edited:
Offset voltages are your friend... here is a 3 week stable setting for 4.6ghz. Idle is at 1.0v running at 28 degrees. 100% load is stable at 1.28-1.30v running at max 70 degrees. For 4.8Ghz change the offset voltage to +0.125, but this increases temps to 75-80 degrees on full load.

AI Overclock Tuner: Manual
BLCK Freq: 100.00
Turbo Ratio: Enabled (All Cores)
By All Cores: 46
Internal PLL OverVoltage: Enabled
Mem Freq: (AS PER YOUR RAM)
EPU Power Saving: Disabled

Load-Line Calibration: Regular
VRM Freq: Manual Set to 350
Duty Contorl: Extreme
CPU Current Capability: 100%
CPU OverVoltage: Offset Mode
CPU Offset: + 0.080
DRAM Voltage: (AS PER YOUR RAM)
VCCSA Voltage: Auto
VCCIO Voltage: Auto
CPU PLL Voltage: Auto
PCH Voltage: Auto
Intel Adaptive Thermal Monitor: Enabled
Intel Virtualization: Disabled
Intel SpeedStep: Enabled
CPU C1E, C3, C6: Enabled

I should add that this is with BIOS 1305 on the DELUXE on water. Your mileage may vary.
Is that .125 for 4.8ghz? Just confirming what u used. What max volt does that yield ?

Is that .125 for 4.8ghz? Just confirming what u used. What max volt does that yield ?

Yep that's right. At 0.125 it reaches a voltage of around 1.34 - 1.36v on full load, which isn't too bad. Temps around 80 degrees after 12 hours of Prime95.

I prefer running at 4.6ghz just to keep the temps below 70. I haven't tried for 5ghz yet.

Last edited:
Yep that's right. At 0.125 it reaches a voltage of around 1.34 - 1.35v on full load, which isn't too bad. Temps around 80 degrees after 12 hours of Prime95.

I prefer running at 4.6ghz just to keep the temps below 70. I haven't tried for 5ghz yet.

wow ok. Using manual volts with this replacement chip I can't get 4.8 stable on say less than maybe 1.45. Before I could at 1.375. I was hoping the offset may help but I think I'll try another chip (rev b3)

Back