Official ASUS Response to Resume/Hibernate Problem with Internal PLL Voltage Enabled

A suggestion for Raja
I have a P8P67Dlx here that has the SLEEP issue and as mentioned a straight swap for a Z68 fixed the problem.
That should be a good starting point for you guys to work on this problem.
I can ship it to HQ (or whatever?) so they can find the solution.
In any case, let me know...
note: I presently have a RMA with Asus Canada, but that can wait since you don't have a fix.
Pierre

Hi,

I have a test BIOS for that board if you would like to test it. If that does not work we can look at checking your system out if need be. Send me a PM if you would like to test the BIOS.

-Raja

Sorry Raja Nocando. The board is back in its box. I'm done testing with the P8P67Dlx.
I was offering the board itself.
Pierre

Mines going on sale on Ebay. After I get an RMA exchange cause no ones going to bid on a pos type board thats been used...

My next Motherboard will be a gigabyte Z68. Ive gone thru 2 RMA's with Asus....

Gigabyte's placement of heatsink is lets say less than desirable for their top tier board. I ordered another Asus I don't know why. Hope this one is trouble free. Though I got to say that someone should start a class action suit against Intel or whoever on this because these P8P67 boards are just not selling on eBay probably because of its history. P67 has a bad reputation now and good luck trying to sell it at a decent value...

Sorry Raja Nocando. The board is back in its box. I'm done testing with the P8P67Dlx.
I was offering the board itself.
Pierre

If we cannot replicate it Pierre I will be looking for a complete rig with the symptoms, I think I have someone that will do this, otherwise I will put out a request if need be.

-Raja

sleep still working after changes I've described previously, now I can also confirm it's working for long whole night sleeps

sleep still working after changes I've described previously, now I can also confirm it's working for long whole night sleeps

Would you be so kind to list all of the parts you are using, together with BIOS version and drivers please?

-Raja

how do i fix the sleep issue on ASUS P8Z68-V Pro. it was working before but i don't know what happened

how do i fix the sleep issue on ASUS P8Z68-V Pro. it was working before but i don't know what happened

Depends what has changed. Have you overclocked the board in any way? ( by using the TPU switch, Auto Tuning etc)??

-Raja

1. Asus P8P67 EVO rev 3 bios 1502 - all drivers from Asus page (including RST drivers)
2. Memory XMS3 — 4GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit (CMX4GX3M2A1600C7)
I'm using XMP so they are running at 7-8-7-20 - 1600 but with 1.55V (lower than spec 1.65V)
4. Intel 2500K
5. MSI Ti 560 Twin Frozr II/OC - recent Nvidia WHQL drivers
6. OCZ Vertex II - 120GB
7. 2x WD EARS 2TB drives - no raid
8. Creative X-Fi Titanium PCI-E - PAX drivers
9. Logitech diNovo keyboard and mouse - windows drivers
10. Logitech Pro 9000 webcam - logitech drivers
11. cheap USB hub
12. 2 Displays - Toshiba 37" TV and HP 21,5" LCD
13. PSU Corsair HX 650W

Overclocked by changing Turbo ratio to 42
Volatege offset set to +0.01 (so auto don't apply ridiculous voltages)
PPL Overvoltage disabled
All C states enabled
everything else on default, TPU/EPU switches are both disabled last time I checked

I did the USB registry trick so after reasume my keyboard and mouse are not lost

this is very small desktop case (something like HTPC but with a bit more power ;) ) so I can't quite use higher overclock without noise/temp issues

I can't provide more details from work, but if I get any more questions I'll check them at home

Last edited:
Thanks for the system specs alyjen. Interesting you are still on the 1502 BIOS. My problems didn't start until I updated my BIOS to 1606 and beyond. Am starting to think I should go back to 1305 as apart from USB issues my system worked perfectly and resume from sleep and hibernation also worked.

I don't understand that registry hack unfortunately.

Tonight I might give your settings a try and if it still fails to resume I think it's back to the old 1305 BIOS for me.

@Raja,

Can I downgrade my BIOS from 1801 to 1305 with this new type of BIOS?

cheers

I got this board with 1502 after this whole B3 RMA shizzle and tbh used old time "if it works don't touch it" approach ;)

I got this board with 1502 after this whole B3 RMA shizzle and tbh used old time "if it works don't touch it" approach ;)

I should have done the same thing. Was using 1305 and apart from some USB issues, it was rock stable. Unfortunately trying to fix those minor USB issues I updated my BIOS and its been broken since :(

Depends what has changed. Have you overclocked the board in any way? ( by using the TPU switch, Auto Tuning etc)??

-Raja
i have everything at stock speed. i did try a little overclock but i put everything back to the way it was so idk
i updated all of my drivers. when my system starts up 3 pop up programs ask me to me to run. intel corporation system32/hkcmd.exe , intel corporation system32/igfxtray.exe. so i disable them from windows start up. i have the lastest bios so i don't know what went wrong

@ Raja@ASUS i also have the sleep issue except hibernation does work for me i have pretty much stock settings i haven't tried oc'ing yet would like to test bios before my new gigabyte z68x board gets here if possible

I finally fixed my sleep issues. Got a Z68 and it just works! Honestly the only machine I own that has no sleep issues is my Macbook. I got so use to not having working sleep since 680i days that I just forgot there was such a thing, but its nice to have.

They dont have a clue how to solve this. They re stalling.
It is not the hardware, it s the bloody Intel UEFI

The problem is the "auto" settings in the BIOS are stuffed. The fix to the sleep problem has been posted by both alyjen and Subv3rse. I tried it and it works.

Set the bios to optimized defaults and ONLY change the following
PLL Overvoltage set to disabled
Turbo Ratio manually set to 40 or 42 (I am testing 38 tonight)
Voltage offset set to 0.010 (adjust higher if needed but worked fine for me on both 42 and 40)
All C states (C1e, C3 & C6) set to enabled
Under SATA configuration enable Hot-plugging for ALL ports
you can safely disable any unused controllers and devices (Marvell, JMiron, Serial port)

That's it. Once you are satisfied it works you can start playing wth RAM settings - XMP etc

Thanks guys it works.

Under SATA configuration enable Hot-plugging for ALL ports
you can safely disable any unused controllers and devices (Marvell, JMiron, Serial port)
Thanks guys it works.

true I've forgotten about hot-plug settings being enabled on my machine

Well I made a Stupid Mistake.... I updated a perfectly stable P8P67 Deluxe system that would sleep with bios 1702 to 1703 only to break the sleep. I flashed back to 1702 but no matter what I do at the same settings I had in bios 1702 sleep is broken.... I truly believe this is an ASUS Bios issue and not an Intel issue as they want us to believe.......breaking sleep...

Brasco

-therat-
Glad it's finally working for you! but that procedure does not work on mine.........I should have left the bios alone when it was working.... but live and learn.....

@ppo

Sorry it doesn't work for you. I tested last night with the cpu ratio set to 38 the rest of the settings as per my previous post and it woke again this morning.

The problem appears to be that the "auto" settings are broken and need to be manually set.

@DBRASCO

I fully agree. I had a working system with the 1305 bios but asus support wanted me to update my bios to 1606 to see if it would fix some minor USB issues. Well it broke my sleep/hibernation and i've only now got it working again.

cheers

Ok, I need y'alls help. As mentioned earlier everything was working great before flashing from 1702 to 1703.

Well now the only way for sleep to work is everything set to auto and no over clock. If I only change the memory to xmp sleep is broke. Change it to manual sleep us broken. Setting defaults and changing to raid, is the only thing that can be changed frim auto to allow sleep to work.

Could there be residual code left from the 1703 flash that isn't being updated or written over when I flash back to 1702. Would a new bios chip only flashed to 1702 fix my issue?

The more I play with this stupid board the more I realize this is entirely an Asus UEFI Bios issue and not an intel issue as they so claim.

Has this been solved yet? Running bios 1850 and can resume with pll overvoltage off but with it on its a no go...

i have no problems with sleep. its more than likely your setup.

please detail your exact issue, and system specs.

The Sleep issue is still not solved.
(for those who don't know what it's all about: Sleep issue describes the process by which the PC goes to Sleep but does not wake up, screen is blank and a reboot/reset is necessary)
No one yet has accepted or confirmed officially that this problem exists (be it Intel, MS, Asus, Gigabyte or the others).
More than often, the reply to this problem is:
"Disable PLL overvolt". Well, we know that one. Heard the past 7 months...
"It is your setup". Of course it is my setup, it is certainly not my kitchen sink!!!!
"Detail your system specs". That one is also a regular tune. Although for a single problem that is the way to go. But in this case: 7 months of system specs definition here on this forum, other forums also...

And yet, no solution, no acceptance of the problem even. I believe I know why they won't take responsability for the board malfunction: it would mean they'd have to refund the board or exchange it with a different type (like a Z68). And with Intel's big mess in January they don't want to go into that.
So, the big plan is:
1. Do not accept the Sleep issue as a malfunction of the board (UEFI, BIOS, Microcode etc...);
2. Keep asking for system specs, try this , try that. Stall them;
3. Use RMA if necessary. The client has to pay for shipping. They will eventually stop.
4. Stall them.

So I write this as if I have been through the problem. Well, you are right, I originally got the P8P67Dlx in January rev2, got the rev3, Rma'd once, twice, three times without success.
Got myself a P8Z68v Pro in May and lo and behold, it works as advertised. No sleep issue or whatever. Still with the original 0401 bios (UEFI pardon me).

In conclusion: to stay on the positive side, the p67 is a big mess so go for a Z68.
Pierre

Big mess - For You. Not for others.

It seems you want to complain, not get help.

If you want help, answer the questions people ask.

Many people have zero problems with sleep, myself included. This leads me to believe there is something about your setup that is at issue.

Many, Many, Many things effect sleep, blaming it on the motherboard alone is silly.

Last edited:
Big mess - For You. Not for others.

It seems you want to complain, not get help.

If you want help, answer the questions people ask.

Many people have zero problems with sleep, myself included. This leads me to believe there is something about your setup that is at issue.

Many, Many, Many things effect sleep, blaming it on the motherboard alone is silly.

Sleep just doesn't work on my board (P8P67-M Pro). I have read every thread out there on the subject, tried every adjustment to BIOS or Windows settings recommended in those threads - enable hot swap, disable PLL overvoltage, stock clock, overclocked. Doesn't matter, sleep makes the screen go black and never wakes up. My wifes setup is identical to mine except for graphics card and a Gigabyte Z68 board. Maybe there is something magical about my video card that prevents sleep, but given the number of other people out there with sleep problems that don't have my video card, my money is on the motherboard. ;)

I'm just shutting off my system when not in use and biding my time till Ivy Bridge or Bulldozer is out and I can do a new build. System works fine, no crashes - but no sleep just undermines my confidence. Something is not right with this system, and I don't like that feeling. Still crossing my fingers that Asus will have a BIOS update that will fix this, but I doubt they will do much more that update the BIOS to support newer CPUs.

the black screen issue has been discussed, its usually a video card driver issue.

I initially had that problem back in january, but an upgraded ATI catalyst driver fixed it.

did you enable PCI wake in the bios?

try a different videocard just for the hell of it.

the black screen issue has been discussed, its usually a video card driver issue.

I initially had that problem back in january, but an upgraded ATI catalyst driver fixed it.

did you enable PCI wake in the bios?

try a different videocard just for the hell of it.

Same issue with the last three ATI Catalyst versions I've installed, although I'm hoping one day it will just magically work.

I'll have to double check PCI wake in BIOS.

Not changing out my HD6990 to get sleep to work. I like my epeen big ;)

i wasn't suggesting a permanent switch, just see if it works with you wife's video since you know it works with z68.

As a side note, im running a 6950 patched to 6970 without issue.

Build 1 P8P67 = Sleep Issues

Build 2 P8Z68v With the exception of a different Cpu and Motherboard everything in this setup is the same, all the hardware, software, settings and current updates = No Sleep Issues

Updating and adding more info for my situation.

Symptoms:

My P67 Sabertooh will sleep and will resume from sleep if you turn it right back on. (Or resume within say a half hour.) Any time beyond say an hour, it will briefly wake, fans spin, power turns on, but after just a few seconds, it powers off. It then needs to be rebooted and acts like it was shut down improperly.

In other words, sleep is not working for me.

Background:

I have a rev3 sabertooth p67 and at one point did have sleep working. (bios 1502 with most default settings minus PLL Overvoltage being turned off and a few other settings turned on.) However I upgraded a few hardware pieces and no longer can get sleep working. I swapped out an nvidia GTS-8800 for a GTX-580 that is smoking fast. I also switched from a Antec-True550 for a Corsair-AX850.

Once I did the hardware switch, sleep (with all the same bios settings) no longer worked. This did include a new nvidia driver. (275.33) I tried playing with more settings from this thread and can not get sleep to work again. (going on a month now.)

I thought it might be the driver setup, do I tried setting that back, and nothing. So the changes of a Power Supply and a new graphics card are the only real difference.

Start Over:

So I started over with a new bois (1805) and reset the bios and cleared cmos. I tried getting just the default settings working. Still no sleep.

Current System Settings:

Everything Default in 1805 bios except:
  • Disabled PLL Overvoltage
  • Enabled "Power on by PCI"
  • Enabled "Power on by PCI-E"
  • All Sata port drive settings "Enabled" for hot swap.
  • Logo off.

My system will still not wake if left to sleep for more than an hour. It will resume if you put it to sleep and wake it 5 mins later. But not after an hour.

Specs:

Sabertooth P67 rev3 (bios 1805)
8GB GSkill 1600 sniper
gtx580
Corsiar AX-850
C-300 SSD 120GB main OS drive.
Water Cooled
Currently not overclocked.

I did read on this thread: http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx...rd_id=1&model=Sabertooth P67&page=1&count=292 that Corsair AX-850 might be an issue. Not sure why my power supply would make a difference?

Everything for the most part is set to default values. I wish sleep would work, as I have come to rely on it working. I don't like the idea of powering up and down as sleep really should work.

Thoughts?

thanks

corban

Back