Paypal $15.00 Cash Rebate!! LOOK!!

That's odd, they used to advertise that offer right on their site and it was one of those "continue to my account" type ads too. (Guess they ran out of money)

They changed the terms on the 15th and added this bit: "You are only eligible for this offer if you receive this offer in an email sent to you directly from PayPal."

Sorry guys, you gotta strike while the deal is [H]ot!

yeah i was gonna say, i also saw it on the front page back when I went to do it.

Sorry guys...

[made my ebay purchase last night :)]

-- alan j

After reading some of the post, I noticed that yall had some problems. It looks to be that paypal may have (this does not mean that they did) changed some of the terms. I will update the first post if needed too.

But let me ask yall this whom is having problems registering for the offer. Did you enter your paypal email adress? That means that you must enter the email adress that you used to register when you first made your paypal account.

It went through for me, but I believe I jumped before the 15th.

My Lexar Jumpdrive Sport just died on me, and had to have a new USB drive. Bought a new 4GB JumpDrive Lightning on Ebay, hopefully I'll see the $15 come back to me.

My account is linked to a Gmail alias (i.e. [email protected]) in order to sort through which PayPal mail is legit, and the registration box sees that as an invalid email address. Bummer.

My Dad tried to register today and got the same problem as everyone else. This "deal" is dead unless paypal sends the promotional e-mail out to you (I'm guessing a marketing scheme for saying "ok we will be in a big hole if we don't stop this").

I registered a week ago and got in on the deal :D

When I did on the first day of this promotion, it said to do shopping and wait for the 15$ to arrive so I guess it's now changed for most of you...

I'm on the phone with paypal at the moment trying to get myself into this.
If the page said "You have to sign up by this day" I wouldn't have an issue, but this is outright illegal advertising.

If the page said "You have to sign up by this day" I wouldn't have an issue, but this is outright illegal advertising.

Yup...I gave them a call to see what's going on because basically they are just trying to get rid of the offer to us. They put me on hold for like 30 mins so I hanged up.

How did the paypal phone call go?

I also found out about this promo while logging into my paypal account. It was another of the popup offer screens before they actually let you go to where you want in your account.

The statement about an email being mandatory to be invited to the promotion is absolute bullshit.

Paypal calls the promotion " the cash rebate PayPal email address opt-in ". OPT - IN being the key phrase here. There is no solicitaion via email for this promotion.

I have yet to receive an email invitation.

Direct response from Paypal, when asked for clairification on eligibility :

"To qualify for the $15.00 rebate, you must meet the following requirements:
Have signed up for the Cash Rebate offer during open enrollment or through any other limited offer you may have received..."

Hmmm...one might ask wtf is "open enrollment"?
Maybe when enrollment was OPEN TO ALL PAYPAL CUSTOMERS?
Hmmm....maybe?

Not one mention of :
"You are only eligible for this offer if you receive this offer in an email sent to you directly from PayPal."

I sent in a message via the paypal website asking for clairification on the promotion....wait actually...I'll just copy it here, it is absolutely classic..

Ok...here it is....I was specfically asking how a paypal customer, partcipating in their "promotion", was to determine if the Ebay seller had a personal account, hence invalidating the purcase for the promotion rebate.

My question : "Could you tell me specfically how to determine if the sellers on Ebay have a Personal Account?"

The answer I received.....drum roll plz....

Paypal representative- "On the checkout flow, it will show you if the account is 'Verified' and most sellers don't a have a Personal account."

"...most sellers don't have a Personal account"....lmfao.....do you read that....by paypals own admittance.....you have no fucking clue if you are or are not going to get the rebate unless you interogate your seller, before the purchase, to confirm they do not have a personal account.

I stand by my words :

PayPal - The best customer service in the industry.

I've gotten taken before by someone and PayPal help me take care of it quick and easy, as far as with my experince, they do have one of the greatest customer service. Paypal did not want to make this offer to public, this board and others like it made it spread like wild fire. There were lots of ways of taking advantage of and abusing this offer, they had to do something. Your ticked cause you only found out about this offer after the fact and couldn't rip them one. Now listen up, something else will come along, stop crying over spilled milk. There will be other offers and other chances! We had free shipping before the holidays, $10 off with google and now this.

Hey Ranger.
No offense, but stop defending them.
They do this bait and stab over and over, and no one does anything about it.
They STILL have a page where you can SIGN UP FOR THE REBATE but if you didn't sign up already, you can't sign up.
Also, nowhere on the sign up page does it say that the offer is no longer open.

Apparently, since the account is from before when I had my own debit card and in my mothers' name, the guy on the phone couldn't get me the rebate.
Suggested I get the name changed.
I would have to fax a copy of my ID, and either a bill, credit card statement, or bank statement.
Yeah, because so many people have fax machines.

Going to call again later today and lean a bit more heavily on the false advertising issue.

I spent $45 on 2/12... bought ram from a seller... didn't get a $15 rebate yet so I guess im out of luck?

I spent $45 on 2/12... bought ram from a seller... didn't get a $15 rebate yet so I guess im out of luck?
Rules say rebate will be posted by 5/28/2007. We will all have to wait until then (or until we are credited, whichever comes first) to find out whether PayPal is holding up the deal or not.

I never got an e-mail confirmation or anything else (other than what I saw when filling things out) that gives me a written record that I qualified for this. Would make it awfully easy for PayPal to "lose" a bunch of entries.

Rules say rebate will be posted by 5/28/2007. We will all have to wait until then (or until we are credited, whichever comes first) to find out whether PayPal is holding up the deal or not.

I never got an e-mail confirmation or anything else (other than what I saw when filling things out) that gives me a written record that I qualified for this. Would make it awfully easy for PayPal to "lose" a bunch of entries.

For a record of entry, I originally signed up twice and on the second submission it stated that my email address was already entered and I documented the results.

I'd say wait until towards the closing date before getting riled up. I signed up for the $20 one in Dec and I didn't get mine when everyone else got theirs. Didn't think it was coming..well, lo & behold, come January there it was. Not saying that the same thing will necessarily happen here, but no need to get excited yet, I think.

AH crap I missed out. Too bad too I'''m buying guitar parts on ebay right now and wouldn't have minded the extra $15. Oh well its a shame.

On the plus side my d/l is done! Time to watch some tv :D

So I registered my email a while back and ended up buying something via Ebay that was 30.00 + shipping. IT was paid via my bank account through ebay checkout and the guy has a premire account. So I should just receive the 15.00 in my paypal account by may 28th right? There isn't something else I have to do or such...

I signed up during the open enrollment a while back and spent over $30 at geeks.com. Hopefully it works again. It took a long time to get the $20 rebate from the last offer.

I haven't received mine yet either. I signed up within the valid dates.
Stupid paypal.
definitely NOT a hot deal

God damn, you guys are impatient. :mad:

Read the T&C: You'll get your cash by May 28th, not March 28th. :rolleyes:

I didnt sign up, but got it in my email.
They will def. drop it in on May 28th and not any sooner.

Its always nice to get free shipping as well with their $10 free shipping promo as well :)

"If you did not receive an email invitation for this offer directly from PayPal, you are not eligible to participate."

well poo :[

"If you did not receive an email invitation for this offer directly from PayPal, you are not eligible to participate."

well poo :[

Yeah, too bad they still had the signup page WITHOUT any mention of that anywhere.

When I called them they said in order to sign up you had to get an e-mail, but in order to get the e-mail, you had to sign up.
Makes lots of sense, doesn't it?

Yeah, too bad they still had the signup page WITHOUT any mention of that anywhere.

When I called them they said in order to sign up you had to get an e-mail, but in order to get the e-mail, you had to sign up.
Makes lots of sense, doesn't it?

nothing like sending you in a spiral :>

WTF????? I've been using PayPal for YEARS, have NEVER had an item in dispute, and have over 100 transactions in the past year.... but then I get this:

"We're sorry, the email address you provided does not qualify for this Special Cash-Rebate Offer.

If you did not receive an email invitation for this offer directly from PayPal, you are not eligible to participate. "

The thing is, I bet I >DID< get that offer. Now I guess I'll need to call PayPal and raise heck to find out why I'm not eligible... I almost pulled the trigger on buying a pair of 200GB Seagate SATA 300 drives last night at $42.50 each; this was going to put me over the edge and do it.

Ahhh, thanks. I was under the impression that it was March 28. I guess I skimmed through the small little text too fast when I was registering for the offer. My fault, sorry if I confused anyone else!

Well, I just got my rebate from paypal today :). Hope everyone else did/does as well.

Well, I just got my rebate from paypal today :). Hope everyone else did/does as well.
That's odd, the terms and conditions mentioned May 28th as the approximate date that we'd recieve our payments (not march 28th as some had thought).

You must have gotten in early, glad to see you got paid at least :)

I still haven't gotten it either. Glad to see someones already gotten theirs.

Nothing when I checked earlier...

Did you get an email or anything or just notice $15 in your account?

Back