Picked up G80's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyways, here's some Oblivion at 1600x1200, default settings in game, HDR on, AA off, distant landscape, buildings, and trees in control panel:

60FPS average in folage area, 43FPS average in oblivion gate area.

ob1.jpg

ob2.jpg

ob3.jpg

You go to hell. You go to hell you you DIE!

</jealous>

F.E.A.R. is very impressive (to me at least).

All possible settings maxed. 4xAA, 16xAF, 1600x1200, everything maximum, soft shadows on.

These settings:

fear2.jpg

fear1.jpg

Got me this:

fear3.jpg

wow that card is really a beast.... I wish there were benchies with conroe also... but none the less this is still very intresting read.... Keep them comming!!!

Congrats on the card, can someone post fear benchies on a sli system? maybe 7900

Beats a 7950GX2 and X1900XTX CF(minimum FPS for the CF was 30FPS). .
mmmmm, SOLD!

D!Z said:
Congrats on the card, can someone post fear benchies on a sli system? maybe 7900

From the FS article I linked:

It isn't 7900GTX SLi level, but we haven't seen any overclocking!

here is a bench with maximum settings in fear at 1600x1200
rig is in sig...

FEAR7800sli.jpg

Holy shit w/ Oblivion. 60 FPS average in foliage? o_O God, and I barely break 40 FPS max.

Oh man...Can't....Wait...Till....Tuesday (I'm getting my GTX 1 day early...) I understand why MikeC @ NVnews closed the thread. While the OP isn't under NDA, MikeC (and his site) are. Thus if he allows NDA breaking to happen on his website, he might burn some bridges with Nvidia...Could be wrong, but thats my guess...

Keep the benchies comin!

dmodert66 said:
Oh man...Can't....Wait...Till....Tuesday (I'm getting my GTX 1 day early...) I understand why MikeC @ NVnews closed the thread. While the OP isn't under NDA, MikeC (and his site) are. Thus if he allows NDA breaking to happen on his website, he might burn some bridges with Nvidia...Could be wrong, but thats my guess...

Keep the benchies comin!

Ok, but if that was true wouldnt Kyle or some admin shut down these threads too.... Im sure there binded to some sort of NDA about the hardware..... :confused:

Dew said:
It isn't 7900GTX SLi level, but we haven't seen any overclocking!

Remember those G70 scores are without soft shadows, which means the G80 scores are better yet in comparison.

sillyeagle said:
Remember those G70 scores are without soft shadows, which means the G80 scores are better yet in comparison.

Even better!

FuzzyPoncho said:
Ok, but if that was true wouldnt Kyle or some admin shut down these threads too.... Im sure there binded to some sort of NDA about the hardware..... :confused:

I'm sure your right. I'm sure MikeC didn't HAVE to do it, but his site IS an NVIDIA fansite, so I think he would be more proactive than a site that doesn't have a specific affiliation, or a different affiliation all together (first example would be [H], second example would be rage3d...)

Somehow I doubt nVIDIA will be mad for posting these benchies. No NDAs were broken and it is certainly drumming up support for the 8800GTX.

ok, im confused.
how can i get 9.5k in 3dmark06 but get such a shitty score in FEAR compared to the 8800?

Mike C at NVNews is a tosser. He has locked the thread because it supposedly breaks NDA, even though the poster didn't sign one. Is his forum under NDA as well?

Edit: Woopps major late postage!!!

those 3dmark06 scores look way off. Mike probably has something turned on in the control panel....

mike686 said:
3dmark06: (4000+ is at stock and card is at stock)

those SM2.0 and SM3.0 scores are sick!!!!!!!!!

shows just how cpu dependent such a powerful card is...... @ 1280x1024 w/ no AA or AF!!!!!!
lol

nice FEAR and oblivion :)

I was so close to pulling the trigger on an X1950XTX about a month ago, so glad I decided to wait. Was going to get an E6600 as well, but decided to wait for QX6700 instead. Yeah, those decisions just added about $1000 to my new PC purchase, but damn, both the 8800 GTX and the QX6700 are multi-generational leaps in power over what I have now. Seriously can't wait!

dmodert66 said:
I'm sure your right. I'm sure MikeC didn't HAVE to do it, but his site IS an NVIDIA fansite, so I think he would be more proactive than a site that doesn't have a specific affiliation, or a different affiliation all together (first example would be [H], second example would be rage3d...)

I suspect he did it as not to undermine his own G80 review.

I woulda thought the 3DMark 06 score would be a lot higher... My X1950XTX scores about that with my X2 3800+ @ 2.75ghz...

Oh wait, your 4000+ is a single core right? Now I see...

Singuy said:
those 3dmark06 scores look way off. Mike probably has something turned on in the control panel....

This is just further evidence (did we really need any) that 3dmark06 is CPU limited, FEAR and Oblivion are not.

Wow... That 3Dmark06 score is *alot* lower than I expected using a non-conroe processor!

at the 1440 x 900 res (or about 67% of the amount of pixels rendered in 1600 * 1200) I play in, I should be able to hit a *solid* 60 in Oblivion with everything maxxed.

Mmmmmmm

Haste266 said:
ok, im confused.
how can i get 9.5k in 3dmark06 but get such a shitty score in FEAR compared to the 8800?

Because of how retarded the 3Dmark06 is. Graphics benchmark my rear end - the CPU score is the biggest factor in the final score AND the SM2/3 scores can get CPU limited as well.

Edit: Damnit, yevaud beat me to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back