Picked up G80's

Status
Not open for further replies.
its nice, but its not blowing my man panties into a ruffle......I'll wait

3D06 scores and FEAR Benchie are too low. Im getting higher than that wit a 7950GX2.....

You are getting higher then 40/76 in FEAR with all settings maxed out at 1600x1200 + 4AA/16AF?

LOL yeah my CPU score is so pathetic. I will have some 3dmark05 scores pretty soon, it is still downloading.

what I want to see is the 88GTX run a game like Huxley wheres theres hundreds of people (non-NPC's) running around on the UT engine, in my exprience with MMO's my comp (x850XTPE) gets laggy as hell in large areas...

BTW huxleys a MMOFPS.....

this makes my 6800 AGP cry - it has a hard time rendering the screenshots in this thread :p

Is the card out yet? I am really confused now. Is it out or not?

Or is this one of those situations like how all the XS forum whores manage to get all the new hardware weeks before it comes out while we mere mortals must wait until some arbitrary date?

FuzzyPoncho said:
what I want to see is the 88GTX run a game like Huxley wheres theres hundreds of people (non-NPC's) running around on the UT engine, in my exprience with MMO's my comp (x850XTPE) gets laggy as hell in large areas...

I agree. I would like to see some benchies from Vanguard...I "hear" that game is pretty rough on CPU/Vid Card/Memory...If "someone" maxes it out, it obliderates at 7900GT...Makes it look like a Geforce 2 MX....ROFL...at least thats what I hear...

Yashu said:
Is the card out yet? I am really confused now. Is it out or not?

Or is this one of those situations like how all the XS forum whores manage to get all the new hardware weeks before it comes out while we mere mortals must wait until some arbitrary date?

Nope, he just got lucky and walked into a store that probably didn't know they weren't supposed to sell it till the 8th...or turned a blind eye to the date...either way, he is just incredibly lucky :)

FuzzyPoncho said:
what I want to see is the 88GTX run a game like Huxley wheres theres hundreds of people (non-NPC's) running around on the UT engine, in my exprience with MMO's my comp gets laggy as hell in large areas...

That is usually due to RAM.

Huxley is on my must-buy list, btw.

I would like to see some benchies from Vanguard.

I would just like to play vanguard... even at 5 FPS... If someone really is going to test vanguard on their new 8800gtx, they are probably the luckiest gamer on the face of the planet... certainly for the moment.

3dmark05:

3d05.jpg

Who knows if dx9 benching is even a good metric for this thing...

3dmark is garbage >.>. More oblivion and fear benchmarks please. :D

edit: Company of heros or Black & white 2 if you have them. >.>

So wierd about the 3DMark stuff.

My single 7900GT did 11,2XX in '05 and 6,7XX in '06 . . .

I don't get it.

Im disappointed with the 3dmark scores, but then again, 3dmark is useless IMO. Give use benchies. I dont know if you said, but what CPU are you using? As we all know, this card is CPU dependant.

DangerIsGo said:
Im disappointed with the 3dmark scores, but then again, 3dmark is useless IMO. Give use benchies. I dont know if you said, but what CPU are you using? As we all know, this card is CPU dependant.

He is using a Single Core A64 4000+ (2.4GHz)

Hey Mike, what recent games DO you have? That way, people might stop asking you for benches that you can't run.

Oh... One thing that I'd love to see is ShaderMark. Could you please run that?

Sorry to say this but your 8800GTX is wasted due to being severly CPU limited. I just went from a x2 3800@ 2 Ghz to C2d @ 3.5 Ghz and my 7950 GX2 was being choked. A single core AMD 4000 @ stock is going to give you 1/2 of the true performance capable. In my case the x2 @ 3ghz was giving me 2/3 of the performance my 7950 gx2 was capable of. Nice to see some benchmarks unfortunately thats not the best system to test it on.

As for NVNEWS Mike C is an idiot. This guy bought the card he's not under an NDA. Whatta friggin tool.

r3g said:
i didnt know they were out yet o_O

Their not but occasionaly some stupid employee at electronics stores will put new products out the second they get them in without bothering to look for a release date. Got oblivion at BB a few days early cause of that.

I'll tell you what. I've got an E6600 running @ 3.7GHz that I can test ALL of these games mentioned on. Just send me your 8800 and I'll post all kinds of screenshots/benchmarks. Sound like a deal? :p

Brahmzy said:
I'll tell you what. I've got an E6600 running @ 3.7GHz that I can test ALL of these games mentioned on. Just send me your 8800 and I'll post all kinds of screenshots. Sound like a deal? :p

haha, gl ;P

dnottis said:
In my case the x2 @ 3ghz was giving me 2/3 of the performance my 7950 gx2 was capable of. Nice to see some benchmarks unfortunately thats not the best system to test it on.

In what game and at what settings were you only getting 2/3 GX2 performance on a 3Ghz X2?

I don't know 'bout y'all, but I'm friggin' dying in anticipation here. I think this truly is as bad as the C2D episode. I can't believe I'm gonna drop $700 in a few days - for a friggin' graphics card.

That'd buy me a 2407 or half of a 20G turbo for my STi. :eek:

dnottis said:
Sorry to say this but your 8800GTX is wasted due to being severly CPU limited. I just went from a x2 3800@ 2 Ghz to C2d @ 3.5 Ghz and my 7950 GX2 was being choked. A single core AMD 4000 @ stock is going to give you 1/2 of the true performance capable. In my case the x2 @ 3ghz was giving me 2/3 of the performance my 7950 gx2 was capable of. Nice to see some benchmarks unfortunately thats not the best system to test it on.

As for NVNEWS Mike C is an idiot. This guy bought the card he's not under an NDA. Whatta friggin tool.

If you would look at the link to the australian site that was posted someone else got this card and gave some benchies with an OCd 6700 not many processors faster than that. And it is impressive to say the least.

Heres his fear bench, http://imagestore.ugbox.net/aview/fear1600x1_b7c75e2203a3dca51
Thats just on par with x1900xtx crossfire and just under 2 7900gtx's SLId according to http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/geforce_7900_7950_gx2_quad_sli_update/page4.asp

It seems he rumors are true this thing is comparable to todays high end dual card configs, and the price is right on par as originaly speculated just over 650 on release.

Yashu said:
Who knows if dx9 benching is even a good metric for this thing...
Ummmm, it's good benching if you want to see how it plays dx9 games!!! :rolleyes:

Why are people so stuck on dx10 and Vista when discussing this card? What about the games we have now (and for the next year or two).

H

You guys are not going to fucking believe this. I was changing some AA settings in the Nvidia control panel and when I went to bench fear again...ARTIFACT HELL. I've tried several times over and over again with the same result.

I am really pissed off right now.

Hurin said:
Ummmm, it's good benching if you want to see how it plays dx9 games!!! :rolleyes:

Why are people so stuck on dx10 and Vista when discussing this card? What about the games we have now (and for the next year or two).

H

Amen brutha! I get sick of DX10 being "the reason" we all want this thing. Sure it'll be nice being DX10 compliant, but I need the most single-card speed I can get right now @ high res.!

mike686 said:
You guys are not going to fucking believe this. I was changing some AA settings in the Nvidia control panel and when I went to bench fear again...ARTIFACT HELL. I've tried several times over and over again with the same result.

Ummmm, you already broke your card?

You better send it to me so I can take a good look at it.

trinibwoy said:
In what game and at what settings were you only getting 2/3 GX2 performance on a 3Ghz X2?

AMD X2 3800 @ 3.0
Far Cry 92.9 fps (HC bench)
FEAR min fps 42 / avg 94
Aquamark 3 116,000
Just Cause 75fps (fraps)

C2D E6300 P5B-E @ 3.2 Ghz
Far Cry 133 fps (HC bench)
FEAR min fps 55 / avg 111
Aquamark 163,000
Just Cause 93 fps (fraps)

Maxed 1280x1024 4x/16x trans SSAA / GC AA both enabled.

mike686 said:

is the temp monitor enabled in the driver control panel? what kind of temp is it reporting?

mike686 said:

oohh ooohh,!! that sucks ,

is this nvidias quality starting to shine through the hype?

try to reinstall the driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back