Picked up G80's

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you kidding? The G80 can do 20948xQ AA 12497x AF and quad HDR (Whatever that means). The G80 can kill you if it wanted. Thats how powerful it is.

DontMakeMeEatYou said:
Can the G80 do HDR and AA at the same time like the ATI cards can?
It can do higher quality HDR+AA (128-bit HDR opposed to 64-bit, and 16x AA opposed to 8x AA on one card). Of course, it's AF has also finally been brought up to par. Unless ATI can pull something out of their hat, I forsee a lot of HQAF zealots and "image quality" snobs coming to the green side for Christmas. :D

InorganicMatter said:
$1300 worth of graphics cards and a lousy CPU from 2004 (at stock speeds, no less)? :eek: Dude, you seriously need to get an Core 2 setup and give us some scores with that. I imagine those cards would just open up and fly with some more CPU power.

Then again, I'm sure [H]ardOCP will give us these numbers next week (surely you guys are benching these with Kentsfied, right Kyle? :D).

Dude, think about it. You have an 4000 rig and your plans are to upgrade shortly. You have been watching and researching and have decided what it is you will be going with. Your video card of choiice is the 8800GTx and you plan to pair it with a Conroe. Your in your local retailer and to your absolute amazement you see a 8800on the shelf. You know you dont have your other components but you also know that this baby is there.

WTF would you do...........I know what i wouild do

Damn it. Now I'm going to have to buy one :(

Did we get any answer on price paid?

It can do higher quality HDR+AA (128-bit HDR opposed to 64-bit)
The precision is obviously much higher, but will it equate to a visible difference? I'm not so sure.

phide said:
Damn it. Now I'm going to have to buy one :(

Did we get any answer on price paid?

He paid 639 and tax from what i read

Lord of Shadows said:
I still cant justify spending $600 on a video card.

It depends for me at least. If I was coming from my old X600 then yes I would justify it as it be the only card I get in a long time. But coming from my 7900GT I couldnt justify it as its still plays all my games just fine with high eye candy.

But either way, awesome benchmarks and have fun with the card.

Now I we need someone with some SLI BENCHIES :D Oh the possiblities that can bring!!

jacuzz1 said:
WTF would you do...........I know what i wouild do

My credit card would come out of my pocket so fast that it would think it got shot from a cannon....then I would drive home in an excited mood, and install that bugger as fast as my hands could stop quivering
:D

just ordered one. Ill post benchies whenever the hell it gets here.

Pkirk618 said:
just ordered one. Ill post benchies whenever the hell it gets here.

Did you order the MSI from ewiz? If not where did you order from? I really want an EVGA or BFG.

∞Velocitymaster∞ said:
i didn't look through this thread all, well thats cool. Im just waiting for the later release with
gddr4 that might even have a PPU
yeah meto I think... and by then, the R600 from ati should be out, which will hopefully lower the G80 prices.

yevaud said:
They don't take AMEX! Blast!!!!!!!!1111!!1111Shiftone!!!111

What is AMEX? Hey, anybody else got an 8800 besides Mike686 yet?!?

Savoy said:
Did you order the MSI from ewiz? If not where did you order from? I really want an EVGA or BFG.
I too am waiting for the eVGA - customer service on a $650 peice of hardware's worth it.

Holy smokes! Does eWiz actually have these in stock @ $625? Will they ship out Monday? Dang I might have to make this happen right now. I don't see an "In stock" and I don't see an "Out of stock."

I paid $639.00+tax so it came out to $691.72 with tax. And yes, my hands were quivering for several hours afetrwards.

Volumetric fog demo at 1600x1200:

volumelj3.jpg

You know, i bet the excitement for this will end once the R600 comes out...

The same thing happened when the 7900s came out and then everyone went out and got an X1900.

Do the drivers that ship with the card just modded current NV drivers? Im hoping once official drivers are released then performance will rise for the 8800.

Endurancevm said:

The same thing happened when the 7900s came out and then everyone went out and got an X1900.

Do the drivers that ship with the card just modded current NV drivers? Im hoping once official drivers are released then performance will rise for the 8800.

They are the 96.89's. Broken ass non-WHQL beta drivers.

mike686 said:

Yeah, for you to be able to pick the card up yesterday the drivers must be around 4 weeks old, minimum.

Endurancevm said:

I must have missed the huge wave of excitment over the faster-clocked G7x that is 7900. I do know that excitment for NV40 didn't exactly end when R420 came out and the excitment for G70 didn't end when R520 finally showed up...

Damnit my Local Fry's has it but cant sell it to me!! :mad: (They have Evga 8800GTX and 8800GTS, GTS being 489.99)

mike686 said:

I just noticed that Nvidia released 93.71 WHQL drivers that said they had support for the next generation of GPU's. Does it work with your 8800?

By the way, it seems that 93.71 is much more stable for my 7900GTX so far..

Under MSRP for both you and Mike. Amazing.

I love it when companies do it right.

To mike686: what about soft shadows + AA in F.E.A.R.? Maybe you can make some pictures? One with AA and second AA + soft shadows.

decapitator said:
Just got home from my Frys with two GTX'S but I did put up a fight :eek:

OMG SLI those bad boys and run Oblivion and report back lol :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back