Places to buy X1950pro AGP

honestjohn said:
A Dual-Slot Cooling Solution courtesy of the HIS ICEQ3 X1950 Pro AGP 512MB. This is on a UK site, but I would think it would be available in the US at some point as well.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-069-HT

That's listed as "Available for Pre-Order ~ ETA 04/01/07"... :eek:
(I Think it would be 01/04/07 for us American's... I believe European's put the day 1st and the month 2nd...)

wizzard0003

\\//_

wizzard0003 said:
That's listed as "Available for Pre-Order ~ ETA 04/01/07"... :eek:
(I Think it would be 01/04/07 for us American's... I believe European's put the day 1st and the month 2nd...)

wizzard0003

\\//_

That's correct mate.

ok, so now diamond has the 512mb version... competition? that ICEQ turbo makes me want to pass on the sapphire, and wait for the ICEQ it has 620 MHZ core and 1.48 ghz memory

plus the cooler looks much more effective than the small sapphire and diamond coolers, may even be better than the power color.

Z28SHAKER said:
ok, so now diamond has the 512mb version... competition? that ICEQ turbo makes me want to pass on the sapphire, and wait for the ICEQ it has 620 MHZ core and 1.48 ghz memory

plus the cooler looks much more effective than the small sapphire and diamond coolers, may even be better than the power color.

Damn, didn't even read the specs at first glance, just noticed the Cooler. So they raised the clocks as well huh? Had my sites set on the Sapphire due to it's pending release hopefully this week but that HIS card looks really sweet. Haven't found anything yet on a US Release and it doesn't even come up on their website yet.

512mb looks out of stock everywhere listed.

Do you think the 512mb version is worth the wait over the 256mb one?

Will the 256mb one be able to perform well in quake4 ultra quality?

That HIS one has exhausts outside the case! To me that is enough to seal the deal... I need to go back and look at powercolor cuz I can't remember if that vented external also?

Ok Powercolor exhausts right onto the mobo... hmmmm no contest.. waiting for HIS now!

Was anyone ever able to confirm the pipe count on the Sapphire version, 8 or 12?

nobi125 said:
Was anyone ever able to confirm the pipe count on the Sapphire version, 8 or 12?

Eariler in this thread I posted that I contacted Sapphire's main US Sales # and they told me the card had 12 pipes, but then again they also told me it was 256MB, which turned out to be wrong.

honestjohn said:
Eariler in this thread I posted that I contacted Sapphire's main US Sales # and they told me the card had 12 pipes, but then again they also told me it was 256MB, which turned out to be wrong.

Nice.

:p

so how much does 187 GBP translate to in US, over 300 right? ill probably just get the sapphire, unless someone knows when and if the HIS version hits the US markets.... anyone know??!!

I saw 159.99 @ current exchange rate of 1.9496 = $311.92

I can live with that for the nice cooler and the additional 256mb memory... hell I paid $279.99 for the 256mb version with crappy cooler

i went to the checkout and they add about 30-40 GBP for VAT automatically, wich would put it at about 400$ for that i would just get a Sapphire for 248, minus the sweet cooler, and it could easily be Over clocked to the same clock speeds as the HIS, hell you could even get the PCI-E version heatsink for the HIS version and call it a day, for under 300 shipped.

Z28SHAKER said:
i went to the checkout and they add about 30-40 GBP for VAT automatically, wich would put it at about 400$ for that i would just get a Sapphire for 248, minus the sweet cooler, and it could easily be Over clocked to the same clock speeds as the HIS, hell you could even get the PCI-E version heatsink for the HIS version and call it a day, for under 300 shipped.

Just because they add things like that there does not mean the price will be the same here, nor does it mean we will have to pay vat... I'm guessing in the 300 range, which would be a bit more but well worth it. Time will tell.

Sapphire Radeon X1950 PRO 512MB AGP 8x Video Card w/Dual-DVI & HDTV-Out Retail ***Free Shipping***

In stock now at ZipZoomFly for $249.00 with free shipping.

morbid3ntity said:
Sapphire Radeon X1950 PRO 512MB AGP 8x Video Card w/Dual-DVI & HDTV-Out Retail ***Free Shipping***

In stock now at ZipZoomFly for $249.00 with free shipping.

Was just about to share the X1950 Pro love with you guys, but I see someone beat me to it. Just ordered mine as well. :D

I went out to dinner at the wrong time and didn't see email, darn.

So hj when is yours coming in?

Let us know if it works with overdrive in CCC (ie a temp sensor)

Thanks

wulf52 said:
I went out to dinner at the wrong time and didn't see email, darn.

So hj when is yours coming in?

Let us know if it works with overdrive in CCC (ie a temp sensor)

Thanks

Yeah, lucky I checked myself before going to bed. I'll let you know if Overdrive is enabled. Don't know when it's coming yet, ZipZoomFly is usually a little slow in getting the tracking info. Probably even slower if they were hammered with orders last night. Chose 2 day FedEx so I probably won't see it until after Christmas.

I actually saw it last night and debated ordering it. I'll be gone all next week (visiting parents for christmas) and I didn't want the darn thing sitting on the front porch. Then I considered shipping it to my parents house (hoping zzf would have it delivered before next Friday). Went out to check on it and *POOF* it had gone back to Back Order.

When you guys do get your hands on it, I would really appreciate seeing some reviews. Especially on temps and such.

dej166 said:
When you guys do get your hands on it, I would really appreciate seeing some reviews. Especially on temps and such.
Sure thing, but since I ordered it thursday I may not get it until monday or tuesday of next week.

rawd said:
the sapphire cooler looks shitty, what arctic cooler fits it?

the stock one should hold up for a while till the price on the HIS turbo version cooler comes down, the ATI radeon pci-e heatsink fan is the same design as the sapphire and i have heard they run nice and cool, it should hold up over the winter, especially if it gets cold by you (my fans face toward a window and sub 40temps help).

I can confirm the one on zipzoomfly.com is 512mb. I need to install it I will post some reviews in a bit. Specifically in r6 vegas.

current specs:
-------------------
1 gig pc3200
sk8v mobo
bfg 6800ultra oc agp (gtu bios)
amd fx-53 (2.4ghz with 1mb L2 cache)
600psu
250gig 7200rpm 16mb cache (ide)

New specs:
-------------------
1 gig pc3200
sk8v mobo
Saphire x1950pro 512mb agp
amd fx-53 (2.4ghz with 1mb L2 cache)
600psu
250gig 7200rpm 16mb cache (ide)

Vegas - sp
hardware skinning on
shadows med
blur medium

fps = 20 - 40
--------------------
CSS - de_dust
16x af
color correction on
reflect all
everything else high

70-100+ fps
This is major increase in performance. With vegas I was able to run it in a higher res (1024x768 vs 1280x960) with more fps and effects on. With CSS I was able to run with more aa and af with hdr on. This card is very nice, despite whatever bottleneck my cpu may have on it.

If the mb size was listed wrong on the zzf does that mean saphire model does have 12 pixel pipes or just 8?

btw beer: what were your fps in CSS before you had this card?

With hdr on the 6800ultra went into the 30-40 range with 2x aa and 4x af at the same res. BTW, idle temps are 45c and load temps are 75c (that may vary on different cases.) Yes, the card has 12 pipes.

Thanks beer...this should be my next card and hopefully hold me off until I can build a K8L / Geforce 8 series refresh or Geforce 9 series setup. :D

This item is shipped from our affiliate facility. The stock level is not under our control and is subject to change.

I was going to go to directron and buy one but they are not stocked there but rather somewheres else.

i got the sapphire x1950 pro 512 agp and man is it fast, im getting up to 160 fps playing FEAR with all the eye candy at 1280x760, and an average of 60-70fps

also quake4, PREY,DOOM3 all look great, and play nice and smooth on my 32" hdtv

honestly all in all its totally worth the 250 i paid

Z28SHAKER said:
i got the sapphire x1950 pro 512 agp and man is it fast, im getting up to 160 fps playing FEAR with all the eye candy at 1280x760, and an average of 60-70fps

also quake4, PREY,DOOM3 all look great, and play nice and smooth on my 32" hdtv

honestly all in all its totally worth the 250 i paid

What are the rest of your system spec's...?

(Just curious... :) )

wizzard0003

\\//_

Back