Places to buy X1950pro AGP

wizzard0003 said:
What are the rest of your system spec's...?

(Just curious... :) )

wizzard0003

\\//_

Before it gets one bit further, knock off the sigs at the end of your posts. Don't ask, just go read the rules.

Aelfgeft said:
Before it gets one bit further, knock off the sigs at the end of your posts. Don't ask, just go read the rules.

Sorry... My bad... :eek:

Just a habit from the other forum... ;)

Looks like the reviewers were a little off in the retail pricing. $249 isn't bad though. Anyone up for a Powercolor X1950 Pro AGP - in stock.... :D

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/skusearch.hmx?SCriteria=AA65470

Don't know if this is going to bother any of you, but I was just reading some NewEgg user reviews of the PCI-E Powercolor and apparently the Accelero 2 exhausts it's air across the Motherboard and users have reported an increase in motherboard temperatures from 5c-8c. It does work very well on the Graphics Card however. Just thought I'd mention it.

How's the power consumption on these guys? I've got an OC'ed X850XT in my Shuttle right now and it runs perfect, does the X1950 Pro suck more juice?

aznpxdd said:
How's the power consumption on these guys? I've got an OC'ed X850XT in my Shuttle right now and it runs perfect, does the X1950 Pro suck more juice?

Quite a bit more. Manufacturer recommendations are a 450 w power supply with 30a / single +12v rail or 22a / dual +12v rail.

That's the recommendation anyway. You may possibly get by with less depending on the quality of your existing power supply and what's in your rig. I searched this board and have seen more power hungry cards than the X1950 Pro running on Power Supplies that are way under the manufacturers spec.

It's probably safe to say, you may have problems on anything less than a Dual Railed unit with 18a on each +12v rail.

Went to the MWave HQ to pick up the x1950pro, said they didn't have any in their warehouse yet :( , but said they should be getting it in soon. That means the PowerColor ones should be hitting the streets really soon.

I'd guess the cooling would be the same as the 512MB PCIe version. Nice to finally see Newegg with one in stock :cool:

They've got pics up now. It seems it has a bluish PCB with what looks like an "aluminum" heat spreader. hmmm.

wizzard0003 said:
What are the rest of your system spec's...?

(Just curious... :) )

wizzard0003

\\//_

ULTRA-V 500 watt power supply

p4 prescott 3.6 hyperthreading 1,024mb pc3200 ddr400 ram (Samsung)

160gig HD

sony 48x dvdrw

logitech Z4 2.1 speaker setup

32" sony plasma HDTV

19" LCD princeton

4 shizzle :)

Hmm,

The NewEgg varient has
Core clock 575MHz
Memory Clock 1380MHz
Which is less than the sapphire version and is more expensive than the sapphire.

Also I was wondering if eanyone could furthur explain the difference between the HIS version and non-HIS version, is the HIS version worth the (estimate) $50+ price diff?

Thanks.

All i can say is that the sapphire 512mb x1950 pro is the way to go, the extra memory definately helps out with the larger screens and has no problem on my 32" plasma or my 19 inch LCD, both running at the same time.

anyone out there play prey, quake4, fear, or doom?, if so the eye candy is so nice, it almost looks lifelike.

my current speeds of my card are

LOCKED CATALYST no overclocking (stock)

581 requested 581 active (core)

699 requested 702 active (X2) (memory)

at 48C

Straferj said:
They've got pics up now. It seems it has a bluish PCB with what looks like an "aluminum" heat spreader. hmmm.

Looks just like the Sapphire without the sticker on the shroud (see post #15 of this thread... ;) )

I believe the HSF is a stock ATI componenet as most/all of the card may also be and just re-badged from the different manufacturers/distributors...

Just speculation on my part... ;)
------------------------------------------------
Thanks Z28SHAKER for posting your spec's... Just curious what type of systems are running these cards for personal reference... :)

The Powercolor from Direction will be arriving the first week of January. They have ~10 coming in. It's a drop-ship item, and the rep said the card'll arrive about 3-4 days after they receive the shipment.

Odd note - the website says that if you can click on the Add to Cart button, it means they have or will have it in stock for you, but if only 10 are coming...I though they'd be bought out by now...

Extra note - No tax if you're ordering to California. - UPS ground shipping is ~$8 so the total comes out to be ~$261.

Make sure to use the coupon code : Super200 to get $7 off!

Happy Fragging, gents.

surfinmonk said:
The Powercolor from Direction will be arriving the first week of January. They have ~10 coming in. It's a drop-ship item, and the rep said the card'll arrive about 3-4 days after they receive the shipment.

Odd note - the website says that if you can click on the Add to Cart button, it means they have or will have it in stock for you, but if only 10 are coming...I though they'd be bought out by now...

Extra note - No tax if you're ordering to California. - UPS ground shipping is ~$8 so the total comes out to be ~$261.

Make sure to use the coupon code : Super200 to get $7 off!

Happy Fragging, gents.

Waiting for mine @ mwave for $265 (CA Tax grr) going to pick it up @ their HQ cuz i can't wait! :D But if they don't have any next time I go, I'm be pissed.

YoNeX said:
Waiting for mine @ mwave for $265 (CA Tax grr) going to pick it up @ their HQ cuz i can't wait! :D But if they don't have any next time I go, I'm be pissed.

Directron says their shipment is arriving January 4, so I suggest waiting till around that time

Dumb question, and its probably in here but I don't want to read the whole post..:)

anyway, why is the 512 card cheaper than the 256??

How does Compussr and Best Buy have this card and Newegg STILL doesn't? Now I could understand if they had it but were sold out,backorder or whatever. But they don't even list the card.I sent and email about it but got zip in reply other than the standard form letter.What gives?

does any one know if some one other then sapphire and diamond are putting out a 512meg card? all i can find from the other vendors is a 256 card.

looks like newegg is no longer handleing the card.

"We apologize for the inconvenience, but the item you are looking for has been deactivated. Here are some similar products that you may wish to consider:"

another-user said:

"We apologize for the inconvenience, but the item you are looking for has been deactivated. Here are some similar products that you may wish to consider:"

I like how they suggested tons of PCI-Express cards :D

another-user said:

Man that sucks...I so wanted one of those cards...

It's a holiday weekend... I'd wait and see what happens once everyone is back to work at "Newegg" later in the week... ;)

Well I ordered mine from allstarshop for $249 (30 minutes after you posted the link ucphil) and it went up to $269 after I checked the website when I was done ordering. Haha...I ordered at just the right time.

I ordered mine from Allstar and am looking forward to getting it soon! I think it will be quite a performance jump for my aging system and should get me through next year at least.

System Specs:
Abit IC7-G with P4 Prescott 3.0 OC'd to 3.7ghz on air!
1GB HyperX PC4000 Memory
PNY 6800GT 256MB Video Card

wizzard0003 said:
Not from the pictures provided by "Newegg" at the link I provided... But who knows...?

Well what I meant was I doubt they going to keep the card cooler label blank like that.

Back