Post a screenshot of your linux!

My mp3 sharing box at work, so i can get mp3s anywhere i go here. Running kanotix.

snapshot1.png

Slackware 10.1 , E17 (Engage dock, Evidence, Eterm shown) Much love for E - I'm a minimalist who likes eye candy - what can I say?

screen2.jpg

screen3.jpg

Nyn said:
Slackware 10.1 , E17 (Engage dock, Evidence, Eterm shown) Much love for E - I'm a minimalist who likes eye candy - what can I say?

[GIMG]http://www.kulich.com/images/screen2.jpg[G/IMG]

[GIMG]http://www.kulich.com/images/screen3.jpg[G/IMG]
Wow im blow away by that slack setup, ahh man that blew me away at how slick that is. Rethinking usage of Ubuntu, considering migrating to slack on a test box ? :rolleyes:

locutus24 said:
Wow im blow away by that slack setup, ahh man that blew me away at how slick that is. Rethinking usage of Ubuntu, considering migrating to slack on a test box ? :rolleyes:

Thanks, glad you like it. :)

I grew up on Slack. In fact I still have a slackware 0.9.8 disk laying around here somewhere (if that dates me). Slack is simple and powerful. It's no-nonsense raw linux. And to me, it's simply the best. I've played with Redhat, Debian, SuSE, Stampede and many more over the years and always went back to Slack. I'd highly recomend it, especially if you really want to "learn" linux and not just use it. ;)

The elegance of my desktop doesn't come from the distro however, that's entirely DR17 and the E Foundation Libs which will run on any distro. In fact I have read more than one article on the Ubuntu forums from people setting it up on that distro.

Ok, new setup :) this time for my main rig.

Fedora Core 4, Fluxbox, not very customized yet, still learning the linux thing.
flux.jpg

Got my Dell i700m last week.

(Slackware 10.1, Freerock Gnome 0.2.2, Engage +EFL's)

g17-1.png

g17-2.png

Gentoo Linux with Gnome

I have been playing around with xcompmgr and transset. True transparency, animation, and shadows. Also, it has been a while since I posted a screenshot.

gallery_1_1_1123450631.png

clean:

busy:

gentoo-sources 2.6.13, e17(milky) gtk theme(for firefox/gaim/etc) is industrial.

Really off topic, but we're going to start seeing test drives of that new Bugatti/Volks monster soon...

New laptop : new screenshot.
laptop.png

FreeBSD 7.0 + XFCE 4.2.
There's a few xfce plugins running. From the top:
xfce4-netload-plugin
xfce4-cpugraph-plugin
xfce4-genmon-plugin (showing the output of "sysctl -n dev.cpu.0.freq", IOW the current CPU speed)
xfce4-battery-plugin, showing charge graphically and as a percentage, remaining time, AC status (a blank line = unplugged), and CPU temperature.

HHunt said:
New laptop : new screenshot.
FreeBSD 7.0 + XFCE 4.2.
There's a few xfce plugins running. From the top:
xfce4-netload-plugin
xfce4-cpugraph-plugin
xfce4-genmon-plugin (showing the output of "sysctl -n dev.cpu.0.freq", IOW the current CPU speed)
xfce4-battery-plugin, showing charge graphically and as a percentage, remaining time, AC status (a blank line = unplugged), and CPU temperature.

FreeBSD 7.0 ?!

Dokein said:
What happened freeBSD 6.0, I thought it was on deck? I need to get with the times.

6.0 is currently a beta and will be the next stable version, unless 5.5 appears before it's done. 7 gets all the experimental stuff, though I have to say that I've had no problems with it so far.

watanabe said:
clean:

busy:

gentoo-sources 2.6.13, e17(milky) gtk theme(for firefox/gaim/etc) is industrial.

damb.
It is shots like this that keep causing me to re-emerge E17 only to just not have the time to set it up propperly (ie sorting out what prog to generate the background...)

so I end up reverting to GNOME

E17+GNOME sounds and looks the best combination..

how would you go about getting gnome and e17? If I could run the gnome panel with e17 destop that would be sweet.

you start E17, and in its startup you have gnome-session-manager (to get low-level GNOME controls working).

Then you can use Nautilus properly.
If you want the panel also add to the startup "gnome-panel"

Back