Post your "gaming" System Specs and Pics.

did some inside case remodeling!

coolermaster3.jpg

senturion, i give you an 8. the case is sweet..the wires not so much

by the way what coolermaster case are u using

joses0 said:
how do you get to make that webcam to work in winxp?

You have to flash it with a Win95/98 machine and then it works in XP.
We just happened to have a Win98 machine in the house and flashed it. Works pretty decent for a web cam I guess since I have no other experience with them.

Here is a pic of the case,
case.jpg

desktop23.jpg

P4 3.0GHz
1 gig ram
BFG 6800 GT OC
WD 75 gig main drive
Maxtor 250 gig backup drive
Logitech MX510 mouse
iiyama 17 inch LCD

Asus P4PE 533
P4 3.06ghz 533 fsb 512kb Northwood
1gb Pc 2700 DDR
Evga Geforce 6800 128
120gb WD SE 120gb 8mb
Silver case and silver moniter
Black speakers
Same MS keyboard as that guy on the first page

DevilMan said:
desktop23.jpg

P4 3.0GHz
1 gig ram
BFG 6800 GT OC
WD 75 gig main drive
Maxtor 250 gig backup drive
Logitech MX510 mouse
iiyama 17 inch LCD

sweet. thats cool but everythings like intergrated. etc.. graphics

WS6 said:
You have to flash it with a Win95/98 machine and then it works in XP.
We just happened to have a Win98 machine in the house and flashed it. Works pretty decent for a web cam I guess since I have no other experience with them.

Here is a pic of the case,
case.jpg

wtf is the phone cord in the floppy hole for? some kind of voice deal, or hard drive based answering machine?

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ "Winchester"
Thermalright XP-90 heatsink w/ Panaflo 92mm LBX fan
Asus A8V Deluxe 2.0, 1009.7 BIOS
1 GB OCZ EL Platinum Rev2 @ 2.0-2-2-5
BFG 6800 GT OC w/ NV Silener 5 @ 400/1100
Western Digital 7,200 RPM 8 MB cache hard drive
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
Memorex 16x dual-layer DVD-RW drive
Antec TrueBlue 480W PSU
Antec Super Lanboy case

mypc.jpg

guts2.jpg

I call it "Rixeon" ... because, well, my name's Rick and it's my dual Xeon. So, "Rick's Xeon" :) See sig for specs. I plan on buying a full deluxe Athlon FX-55 w/ SLI sometime in the near future.

Other computer off to the side is purely for light server storage and storage duties. It's an Athlon 64 2800+, Asus K8N-E Deluxe, 512mb, GeForceFX 5200, and 80gb + 120gb Seagate SATA drives. I was going to sell it but then had a major change of heart once I almost lost all my data in a hard drive crash. So it stores all "My Documents", music, source code, digital camera pictures, etc. and performs a nightly backup. It runs Windows Server 2003. Only two cables going into it are network and power. It's a great system!

thexeon9.jpg

thexeon10.jpg

thexeon8.jpg

Intel D875PBZ
Intel Pentium-4 3.0GHz with Hyper Threading
Crucial 1GB PC3200LL TwinX CL2 DDR SDRAM
ATI All-In-Wonder 9700
Sound Blaster Live Audigy 2
Western Digital 36GB 10K RPM sATA (Raptor) HDD
Western Digital 250GB 7.2K RPM sATA HDD
Plextor 40x12x40 CDRW
Plextor 8x DVD±R/W
Vantec EZ-Swap MRK-102FD hard drive rack (w/ Western Digital 120GB pATA HDD in the rack)
Lucent 56k Win Modem

The monitors are Dell 2001FP 20" LCD and a ViewSonice A75f CRT. I also have a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback steering wheel.

20040711%20003.jpg

PA103330.JPG

20040211%20007.jpg

I think everyone these days has an LCD display but me. I'm still using a 22 inch NEC CRT.

I just got back from a lan event and everyone there had an LCD but me. Am I the only one who prefers CRT for games?

hey YTK_SE , ive noticed your using a Audigy 2 with your Klipsch GMX-D 5.1's. i also had the Klipsh GMX-D's and a Audigy 2 (ZS tho). the audigy 2 processes 5.1 sound (EAX) in games and sends it out as analog. since the Klipsch's doesnt have analog support (only digital for 5.1) how are you hooking them up? you CAN connect them using the digital cable, but it wont give you true 5.1. i replaced my GMX's with Z-680's because thats the only way i can get "true" 5.1 from games.

thedude42 said:
wtf is the phone cord in the floppy hole for? some kind of voice deal, or hard drive based answering machine?

It just looks like the cord goes to the phone. That is the wire for the Temp sensor probe I stuck in the case through the floppy hole.

Sir_Fragalot

well, i was like you too. i preffered CRT's for gaming. i had a 19" NEC FE950+. back then, gaming on LCD's looked horrible, colors not accurate, unsatisfactory black levels, GHOTSTING (high response time).

if you look at the newer LCD's out right now, youll change your mind. color reproduction is dead on, black levels are good, brightness is good, and no ghosting (12ms on my 19" sony).

gaming on my 19" Sony LCD look just as good as on the CRT. only draw backs are fixed resolution and price.

saturnine2 said:
And my soundsystem (no speakers)
audio.jpg

What headphone amp is that in the pic?

Oh, and is that a jelly jar or a beaker you are using to drink the liquor?

Sir-Fragalot said:
I think everyone these days has an LCD display but me. I'm still using a 22 inch NEC CRT.

I just got back from a lan event and everyone there had an LCD but me. Am I the only one who prefers CRT for games?
No you are not the only one. Until my eye sight goes I still prefer CRTs.

Hey some guys prefer curves, right?

Sir-Fragalot said:

yeah.. the lcds refresh rate islow and i perfer crt unless you are in nneed of space./

Specs in sig. Pics to be added when I take them. I have a new 20.1" Viewsonic LCD monitor that's in process of RMA for practically DOA.

This is my Notebook's specs.

Emachines 6809: AMD Athlon 64 Bit Processor 3200+ @ 2.0 ghz/512 RAM/80 Gig HD/ATI Radeon 9600 OC'ed @ 432/222.75. DVD-RW/15.4 WideScreen.

Pics to come!

Luthorcrow said:
What headphone amp is that in the pic?

Oh, and is that a jelly jar or a beaker you are using to drink the liquor?
Its a MisterX PPA, with steps power supply and Diamond buffer in a parmetals case with dual switched inputs and bassboost.

The glass is a scotch glass, that came with a Isle of Jura gift set I got for xmas.

Sir-Fragalot said:
you poor child. how are you going to live with yourself?

...im still on a 17 inch CRT :(

Senturion said:
sweet. thats cool but everythings like intergrated. etc.. graphics

Graphics are not integrated (BFG 6800 GT OC) but the sound is and all the USB/firewire ports. I could put a sound card in but the onboard sound works fine.

i'm still using my 19" Philips 109S4 CRT, wanting to upgrade to a lcd but i want the same sorta size.. what lcd is the best at the moment?

Liquid_Cooled said:
hey YTK_SE , ive noticed your using a Audigy 2 with your Klipsch GMX-D 5.1's. i also had the Klipsh GMX-D's and a Audigy 2 (ZS tho). the audigy 2 processes 5.1 sound (EAX) in games and sends it out as analog. since the Klipsch's doesnt have analog support (only digital for 5.1) how are you hooking them up? you CAN connect them using the digital cable, but it wont give you true 5.1. i replaced my GMX's with Z-680's because thats the only way i can get "true" 5.1 from games.
I have the digital input connected to the Audigy's digital out and just deal with the lack of true 5.1 sound from the Audigy. I also have the analog input on the speakers running to a Belkin KVM. The Shuttle that is pictured on the desk is connected to one port on the KVM, the second port I use for connecting any computers that I might be working on.

Sir-Fragalot said:
I have a CRT and an LCD on my desk. I use the CRT for gaming but use the LCD for everything else. The CRT is turned off unless I am gaming.

thedude42 said:

looks to be a pcNurse.. it gauges temp.(ex. proc or internal temp.)

Okay, nobody laugh. This is seriously my main PC.

1.4 Ghz Thunderbird underclocked to 1.3 (You'll see why)
Abit KT7 (original KT7 non-RAID; not KT7A)
384 MB PC133
Creative Geforce 2 MX (The 64-bit RAM version)
Some variety of PCI TNT2 (For my second monitor.)
Soundblaster Live OEM
40 Gig WD
120 Gig Seagate
Lite On 32X CDRW
Pioneer 16X Slot-Load DVD-ROM (Yes, I have a DVD drive. You should too.)

This machine originally had a 1 Ghz Thunderbird. Somebody I know had a 1.4 he was using as a paper weight, so he gave it to me. My board only goes up to a 1.3 multiplier, though. The Creative GF2MX wasn't my first choice for a video card at the time but I received it as a gift and it's served pretty well. It's starting to get a little quirky. I think it's because I've had it overclocked a little too much for far too long. I got the TNT2 from someone who was throwing it out. They'd pried the heatsink off to use for some other project and were just going to toss the card. I happened to have a heatsink that did the job. I think the newest piece of hardware in this thing is the 120 gig Seagate. I got that a year or two ago as a gift.

Needless to say, I'm not playing Half-Life 2 on this rig. She's done me well, but she's getting a little long in the tooth, as they say. I just don't have the money to spend on a new PC. I am accepting donations.

saturnine2 said:
Its a MisterX PPA, with steps power supply and Diamond buffer in a parmetals case with dual switched inputs and bassboost.

The glass is a scotch glass, that came with a Isle of Jura gift set I got for xmas.
Shows what I know. I assumed his units were the standard DIY mint boxes. By far the best looking thing on your rig. ;)

Acceptable_Risk said:
Okay, nobody laugh. This is seriously my main PC.

1.4 Ghz Thunderbird underclocked to 1.3 (You'll see why)
Abit KT7 (original KT7 non-RAID; not KT7A)
384 MB PC133
Creative Geforce 2 MX (The 64-bit RAM version)
Some variety of PCI TNT2 (For my second monitor.)
Soundblaster Live OEM
40 Gig WD
120 Gig Seagate
Lite On 32X CDRW
Pioneer 16X Slot-Load DVD-ROM (Yes, I have a DVD drive. You should too.)

This machine originally had a 1 Ghz Thunderbird. Somebody I know had a 1.4 he was using as a paper weight, so he gave it to me. My board only goes up to a 1.3 multiplier, though. The Creative GF2MX wasn't my first choice for a video card at the time but I received it as a gift and it's served pretty well. It's starting to get a little quirky. I think it's because I've had it overclocked a little too much for far too long. I got the TNT2 from someone who was throwing it out. They'd pried the heatsink off to use for some other project and were just going to toss the card. I happened to have a heatsink that did the job. I think the newest piece of hardware in this thing is the 120 gig Seagate. I got that a year or two ago as a gift.

Needless to say, I'm not playing Half-Life 2 on this rig. She's done me well, but she's getting a little long in the tooth, as they say. I just don't have the money to spend on a new PC. I am accepting donations.

the only thing i can respect u on their is. the amd and the seagate 120 gig.

Back