Post your "gaming" System Specs and Pics.

P4 [email protected] stock volt with Xp120
IC7 mobo with 2 x 512 pc3200
Antec Superlan boy with 480 watt Tagan
Ati 9700np and Samsung 172T
1 Scsi for sys and 1 for games & app both 10K ultra 320 HP

fallguy said:
I dont think so. :(

for my purposes yes it is, to space them out even more would require me to crank the volume even more than I do now for me to hear the rears and considering I live in a townhouse, I have to be repecfull of my neightbors. So it is indeed perfect for me, thanks for the usefull reply though.
:)

You didnt say perfect for "me", just that they were perfect. Which they are not.

Sorry to be so honest. :(

fallguy said:
You didnt say perfect for "me", just that they were perfect. Which they are not.

Sorry to be so honest. :(

I guess I'm thinking that for you to believe my statement as perfect for everyone is a bit much don't ya think?

Corporal79 said:
Computer%20Setup.JPG

Rear%20Computer%20speakers.jpg

My surround sound is setup perfectly, I even ran the wires under the baseboard behind me so my girlfriend wouldn't complain about the wires :)

AMD Barton 3000+ 400FSB
Abit NF7 nForce2
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 zs
1GB Kingston Hyper X PC-3500 memory
60 GB hard drive 7200rpm ( I need a raptor!)
Geforce 4 Ti4600 128mb video card (needs upgrading)
Microsoft Natural Keyboard (best keyboard known to mortal man)
Logitech two button and scroll wheel optical mouse ($16 on newegg, I hate mice with lots of buttons)

What moniter is that on the right? Looks like my NEC FE991SB

Here's mine...

IMG_0314e.jpg

Well I'm still lookin for furnitures so yeh that's what I have for now..
Will be upgrading my 2.1 to 5.1 but still can't decide between Klipsch and Logi 5500 or I could setup a HT setup like 2.1 and will be upgradable to 5.1 down part is I don't nothing bout them... If somebody out there can suggest the best receiver sat setup(2.1 for now and money not a factor as long as a piece won't cost me more than 500$) pm me or post a message here...

what is that plexiglass thing on the top, and why is there still the covering on it?

is it some super uber secret project or something?

i like that lava lamp light!

DeViLdUdE said:
If somebody out there can suggest the best receiver sat setup(2.1 for now and money not a factor as long as a piece won't cost me more than 500$) pm me or post a message here...

Take a look in the Computer Audio forum, theres plenty of threads with info there.

Circuitbreaker8 said:
What moniter is that on the right? Looks like my NEC FE991SB

it is my gf's NEC MultiSync FE770, very nice monitor. My viewsonic 19 looks a bit blurry at 1280x1024 but hers is very crisp. I wonder if the size difference is the issue or that NEC makes better monitors than Viewsonic.

Corporal79 said:
it is my gf's NEC MultiSync FE770, very nice monitor. My viewsonic 19 looks a bit blurry at 1280x1024 but hers is very crisp. I wonder if the size difference is the issue or that NEC makes better monitors than Viewsonic.
I have a PerfectFlat A70f right next to a MultiSync FE770 right on my desk here. The NEC is a fair sight crisper than the Viewsonic. It may be that the Viewsonic has a lot more hours on it, but I don't know.

heres some bad pics (taken with my phone) of my current system, and an old pic of my desk (looks the same, just with different papers on it now)

261277front.jpg

537777side2.jpg

261395desk.jpg

Edit: much better, pics are now showing

Zoramac said:
heres some bad pics (taken with my phone) of my current system, and an old pic of my desk (looks the same, just with different papers on it now)

261395desk.jpg

Edit: much better, pics are now showing

Looks like me closet :(

OldMX

compslckr said:
what is that plexiglass thing on the top, and why is there still the covering on it?

is it some super uber secret project or something?

i like that lava lamp light!

It's a working water cooling box just don't have the guts cutting a hole on the side of my case
hehe I'm an idiot hehe It has 2 heatercores and the Swiftech's pump and vantecs 3.5 fan
controller 4 120 fans in it 2 intakes 2 suckin on the heatercores... and yeh everything is ready
to connect just need to put a hole in that case... maybe I'll get a lian li TT is hard metal..

Pentium 4 3.4 Ghz processor
Maxtor 200 Gig Hard Drive
ATI Radeon 9800
Soundblaster 5.1 sound card
512 Megs of Ram
DVD Drive
CD Burner
Standard Floppy Drive
6 Multi colored LED fans
1 LED red light
Zenon Case, Black and red with red and blue lights
Sylvania 15" LCD monitor
2 Klipsh Speakers With Subwoofer

P4 2.8ht 800mhz bus
1 gig Kingston pc3200
Abit Is7=e2
Wd 120gb
Wd 40gb
Radeon 9700 pro
Lite on 8x dvd burner
Antec 380 Psu
Sound Blaster Audigy

w2100z dual Opteron 246
2G PC3200
2x73.4 10K U320 SCSI
300G 5400rpm Maxline II
XFX 6600GT 128M AGP 8x
NEC 3500A DVD DL-RW
Aopen CDRW
(motherboard also has 2 SATA connectors)

In the pics, notice that the bottom slots, from the AGP down are actually on a daughter card which also contains the dual channel U320 SCSI controllers. This allows for a future upgrade to Serial Attached SCSI as well PCIe instead of AGP.

The 2nd Opteron and memory sit on an elevated board in order to make this configuraiton fit inside of normal mid-size workstation case.

The front Sun logo lights up and the green LEDs are very bright, so bright that they case a very nice green glow out the side vents which look very nice against the purplish color of the side panels. The front is brushed aluminum.

Here's mine:
pcsetup.jpg

AMD AthlonXP 1800+ --- Still going strong even though its getting on a bit now
Via kt266a mobo with 768Mb of pc2100 ram
Powercolor Radeon 9800pro
Audigy Platinum EX connected via digital for most stuff and analogue for games to my Marantz SR5300 surround reciever.

I'll post mine.

Intel 3.2c @ 3.4 (sometimes)
6800GT PNY
1 Gb of 3500 KIngston Ram
WD 30.6 Raptor (OS DRIVE/ Some Games)
WD 120 GB 7200RPM Slave (Host Programs and games)
5 Case Fans 80mm and 1x 20mm

Its no longer the best now but I feel it will run for atleast another 2 years and , if I get desperate I can always OC :D

p4 3.0c
1gb ram
BFG 6800GT
74GB Raptor
120WD External
Sony 4x DVD/RW
Pioneer Slot DVD (I love this drive)
Audigy2 ZS
Sony 21" Trinitron

Also Pictured
Dell 8600
1.6 Pentium M
1GB Ram
Ati Pro Turbo 128MB
Travelstar 7200 RPM 60GB

IMG_2241.JPG

Luthorcrow said:
You sick little monkey! You know they made drawers for those sort of things.:eek:
All Hail The SELF LOVE :D...nice setup...looks like your desk has a bit of a sag in it...i assume that stereo is piped through your pc eh?

Luthorcrow said:
You sick little monkey! You know they made drawers for those sort of things.:eek:

busted :/
EDIT: For the sin bit anway :D But what the hell do u get up to with shampoo bottles? :eek:

And yup, the pc goes into the stereo.

I do more than gaming but here is a picture of my "gaming" computer.
Computer.jpg

Specs :
Asus Motherboard P4P800
Intel P4 2.6c CPU
ATI 9700 PRO AIW Video Card
Corsair XMS (4X256 MB) 1 Gig Ram
2 - 80 Gig Western Digital Hard Drive
1 Sony DRU-510A DVD+/- R/RW Drive
1 Plextor CD-RW Drive
Antec Overture Case
An Old Gateway 21" CRT (Soon Being Replaced with a 23" LCD) Display

Like I said I don't do much gaming with it (Mainly Tiger Woods 2005 :D ), but it handles most of today's game fairly well.

amd 3400+
kv8-max3
Power Color ATI Radeon X800Pro
OCZ Low latency Platinum Edition ram (i think its PC3200) 1gig
Plextor 712-A
Samsung cd burner
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
Seagate 120 and 160gb SATA drives
Creative 5.1 sound system

Senturion said:
sweet. thats cool but everythings like intergrated. etc.. graphics
:confused: integrated graphics? with a 6800GT? you do realise SFF's have an AGP and PCI slot, right?

Athlon XP 3000+ @ 2.4 (220x11, its unlocked)
Asus A7N8X Dlx rev2.0
Gig of PQI Turbo 2-2-2-5 (TCCD)
BFG 6800GT OC
NEC 3500A
Lite-On 48x24x48
Soundstorm
480w Thermaltake PurePower

P1080653.jpg

P1080654.jpg

P1080655.jpg

Back