Post your Phenom II and Sempron unlock or failed unlock results here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh, can I post this here?

Athlon x2 5000 dual core unlocked to Phenom FX-5000 quad core

CACZ AC Stepping 0938

stock core is 2.2GHZ

currently OCed @ 3.3GHz

OCCT and Prime95 stable for 6.5 hours and going strong.

I just canceled my MC online order because they were lagging and will instead pick up this exact motherboard and a X2 555 locally.

The UD2H does support ACC/unlock because it has a 710 southbridge. Btw, I think your model numbers are off that or I'm reading it wrong, but both the DDR2 and DDR3 boards have the 710 SB. MC X2 555's seem to have good success it seems.

didn't see your post, I picked up the UD2H and the 555 at MC today. Part of my build that is not complete, but hopeful that it will unlock once I get everything.

The model number wasn't wrong I was going to get the 550, but decided to bump up to the 555. Yeah, I read some more posts elsewhere that all had success with 555 and 550 on the board so I am confident.

Also what kind of aftermarket cooling is recommended once I unlock/overclock it?

Last edited:
Running Prime small FFT on a "B50" right now.

Not overclocking yet, just testing the stability of the CPU with unlocked cores. TEMPIN0 on HWMon is reading around 40-41c, and I have a 3000rpm Ultra Kaze on it. The TEMPIN0 matches the BIOS temp, and it went up as soon as I started running the tests. So I think I am good on temps with 1.4v

After I test stability, and get it into it's permanent home I will post the stepping etc... I got this at Microcenter, so I am sure it's probably similar to others in this thread.

On a semi-related note, I just picked up this Ultra Kaze fan today. I was expecting it to sound like a dustbuster, er I mean, Vantec Tornado. It's actually not that bad. It's more of an air sound, rather than a whine like the VT. Granted, those who like things quiet would hate this fan, but I am surprised. It's not as loud as I thought it was going to be.

All four cores are stable on my "B50" without an overclock.

Just tried 4GHz and it will boot to windows, but crashes after about 3 minutes of OCCT. Tried up to 1.5v and it still crashed. Backed it off to 3.8, and testing now.

Unlock=Success

X2 550 CACYC AC 0940FPFW

Asus M48785-M Bios 0406

Prime stable with .1 bump for 12 hours at default clocks. Prime/OCCT stable for 5 hours @ 3.6 with 1.425 bios setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back