Post your Phenom II and Sempron unlock or failed unlock results here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
anybody running biostar TA785GE board? I can not change the multiplier above 11x(2200Mhz) on my triple core.
going to see if i can do it with new bios(I'm using modded right now)

The CPU has to be a black edition in order to be able to change the multiplier, otherwise they're locked.

Hi,
i think i have succesfully unlocked Phenom II x2 550, to Phenom II x4 B50
Stepping 0931DPMW
Mobo GB MA770T-UD3P, bios f2c
Unlocked to quad without voltage change. On stock cooler.
The cpu succesfully working for few nights with prime95, prime95+orthos, almost week gta4 playing, tested with vmware workstation 6.5.
3dMark06 (gfx Asus gts250 1gb) - 15106 points.
Temps: idle 42-44 | stress 100% 66-69.
Stock cooler is blah i think:/
Are this tests enough to tell that the cores are ok? And cpu is fully functional quad core?:)
And how about the temps? Are they very high?
I tried to oc the cpu and i put it on 3.5ghz, w/o voltage change and prime95 reboot. At 1.35v stable, but in stress the temp was 72 degrees. Thats to high for sure.

Last edited:
I recommend sunbean CCC.Cheap and got my 550 down to 25 idel 35 full load.
It was running around 60-70 full with amd stock cooling.

And how about Pentagram Alpaya? Anyone tested with phenom? I just want to oc Phenom II 550 to 3.5ghz, maybe 3.6 with "safe" temperature.

Hi

I was able to unlock my 550, batch 0922MPMW :cool:, I´ve noticed that there are many successfuly unlock within my batch. My system specs are these:

Phenom 550 BE
Gigabyte MA770T-UD3P
2 x 2gb Gskill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 Cas8
Ati Radeon HD 4870
Cooler master TX3 Cooler
PSU Pc Power and Cooling 610W
Cooler Master Elite 335
Arctic Cooling MX-2 Thermal Paste
2 x Sata II HDD
2 x 120mm Fans (Pull - Push)
1 x 80 mm Fan in lateral

Although I´ve got the four cores, I have some problem with the temperatures. As we all know, cpu core temp sensors dont work in x4 mode, so I used to read temp throught motherboard sensors, in my case, TPMIN1 is CPU, 0 is ambient temp and 2 is chipset temp.

With stock cooler, Bios showed 41º for CPU and 41º for ambient.

With stock cooler I couldt get windows xp boot, machine shut down, but i´ve booted linux with no problem, recognizing the four cores.

I´ve changed my cooler and i could get xp boot, i´ve run prime95 for 45 minutes with no errors, I´ve played Crysis Warhead, Fear, Fuel and Red Alert 3, no complaints. Bios showed 36º for ambient and 36º for CPU at idle. Max temps in xp with Hdwcontrol showed 42º when playing.

Next day it was hot, really hot, 32º C, so every temperature in my system was higher. I´ve run prime again, and computer shutdown after some minutes, after several repetition I´ve determined that when TPMIN Sensor detects temperature reached 50º C is when the system shuts down.

I´ve searched throught the BIOS and I couldn´t find any tipe of high temperature safe shutdown, only alerts (i ve configured it for 60º C). I have a Thermal Hardware Control, I´ve disabled it with no sucess. Also Cn´Q.
I´ve reverted back to X2, to see the delta between cpu core sensor and TMPIN1, with i´ve determined to be between 8 - 10º C (TMPIN1 higher than cpu core sensor) .

I´ve changed several configurations, with lower frecuencies to prevent temperature to reach 50º and I´m actually running with -0.05 Vcore (1.3) at 3100 mhz, Ive primed it for 2 hs with no errors. But I know that when summer aproches (I live in Argentina, we are actualy in spring) temperatures will go higher and I dont whan it to shut down every time.

Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions.

Hi

I was able to unlock my 550, batch 0922MPMW :cool:, I´ve noticed that there are many successfuly unlock within my batch. My system specs are these:

Phenom 550 BE
Gigabyte MA770T-UD3P
2 x 2gb Gskill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 Cas8
Ati Radeon HD 4870
Cooler master TX3 Cooler
PSU Pc Power and Cooling 610W
Cooler Master Elite 335
Arctic Cooling MX-2 Thermal Paste
2 x Sata II HDD
2 x 120mm Fans (Pull - Push)
1 x 80 mm Fan in lateral

Although I´ve got the four cores, I have some problem with the temperatures. As we all know, cpu core temp sensors dont work in x4 mode, so I used to read temp throught motherboard sensors, in my case, TPMIN1 is CPU, 0 is ambient temp and 2 is chipset temp.

With stock cooler, Bios showed 41º for CPU and 41º for ambient.

With stock cooler I couldt get windows xp boot, machine shut down, but i´ve booted linux with no problem, recognizing the four cores.

I´ve changed my cooler and i could get xp boot, i´ve run prime95 for 45 minutes with no errors, I´ve played Crysis Warhead, Fear, Fuel and Red Alert 3, no complaints. Bios showed 36º for ambient and 36º for CPU at idle. Max temps in xp with Hdwcontrol showed 42º when playing.

Next day it was hot, really hot, 32º C, so every temperature in my system was higher. I´ve run prime again, and computer shutdown after some minutes, after several repetition I´ve determined that when TPMIN Sensor detects temperature reached 50º C is when the system shuts down.

I´ve searched throught the BIOS and I couldn´t find any tipe of high temperature safe shutdown, only alerts (i ve configured it for 60º C). I have a Thermal Hardware Control, I´ve disabled it with no sucess. Also Cn´Q.
I´ve reverted back to X2, to see the delta between cpu core sensor and TMPIN1, with i´ve determined to be between 8 - 10º C (TMPIN1 higher than cpu core sensor) .

I´ve changed several configurations, with lower frecuencies to prevent temperature to reach 50º and I´m actually running with -0.05 Vcore (1.3) at 3100 mhz, Ive primed it for 2 hs with no errors. But I know that when summer aproches (I live in Argentina, we are actualy in spring) temperatures will go higher and I dont whan it to shut down every time.

Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions.

I think you're unduly preoccupied with temps, max for the 550 is 70 C, shutdown is more likely caused by defective core(s). Mine runs very cool as dual core, ~23C idle, ~42 max load with Scythe Ninja revB and CPU fan rarely goes over 500 RPM.

I think you're unduly preoccupied with temps, max for the 550 is 70 C, shutdown is more likely caused by defective core(s). Mine runs very cool as dual core, ~23C idle, ~42 max load with Scythe Ninja revB and CPU fan rarely goes over 500 RPM.

Yes, maybe, but when running under 50º in CPU motherboard sensor (TPMIN2) it runs smooth and passes all prime95 test for 2 hours without any warnings or errors. Maybe that´s why the cores where disabled, because they failed at high temperatures, but under them it´s ok.

Thanks for your answer

AMD's Black Edition line of CPUs have their multiplier unlocked.

Uh i never said they didn't....i was responding to someone stating that unless it was a BE the multiplier would be locked which is just not the case....the exception being ES CPU's which always have an unlocked multiplier even if they are fabricated after a non BE chip

x3 720 successfully unlocked the fourth core and boots to windows on a gigabyte ma-790x-ud4p with the f8 bios.

Nice one, I think a lot of these BE X3 720s are actually good 4 cores, just routed for demand

Who do we PM to get this thread sticky?

Go straight to the head honcho (Kyle)?

I tried to unlock Athlon II X2 240's multiplier using MSI 785GM-E51 mobo with no luck, apparently this one is pretty rare anyways though..

Unlocked my X2 550 to Quad but I'm still stressing it. It's running at stock speed 3.1gig, and I've only run Cinebench 10 which completed with a score of 1:27 vs the stock X2 550 score of 2:41. On another note, when I tried OC'd it at dual core, I managed to get it up to 3.95gig, so maybe I can obtain similar speeds with it being a quad now. One step at a time though lol, need to stress test htis new X4.
Board I'm using is the Asus M4A78-E and I believe it's the batch? 929-xxxx..

^^ Looks like you got a good one there. What voltage did you get upto running dually at 3.9?

For 3.9 on dual, I had to use 1.375v. On default V it will do 3.7.

I just completed 2 tests with Intel's Burn in program on the 550 unlocked but at stock 3.1gig speed. After the 2nd test it just gave me an error message letting me know it wasn't stable, but I didn't recieve a BSOD. Maybe a good sign...

x2550.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like running the 550 unlocked @3.5ghz with 1.4v provides the most stable results. I have not run Prime however I can run the Intel Burn in test ok. The chip will post @4ghz but won't get into windows and I'm not in the mood to play around with all the V and what not. 3.5 on an unlocked cpu for $100(Cnd) is good enough for me :cool:
I'm using the Freezer 64 pro heatsink, on an Asus M4A78-E with OCZ Blade 1066 4gb kit.

GA 785G UD3H + Phenom II X2 545 + BIOS F5B ( latest )

When I set ACC to hybrid + auto/all cores, after reboot it reset it back.. no idea why..

can't even test if I can unlock the core or not :( ....

anyone got same problem?

PS: first time unlocking core.... so I am a bit clueless...

I have an X3 720BE (0904), I wasn't able to unlock it because my motherboard is an Asus M4A79 Deluxe and it doesn't work with even the first revision bios. There's a hacked bios somewhere out there that supports it but it's based off an old bios and I didn't want to bother.

I have the same chip and MB bios was a 0705 but I upgrading it to ver: 1202 which updates ACC mode and creates the unleashing mode. Flash it with the 1202 through windows follow the instuctions which will automatically set all bios settings back to default! When its finished reboot it go to the bios leave settings to default except for ACC mode set it to Auto then below it you can set Unleashing mode to enable reboot go back to bios make sure the settings took, go to windows and check through AMD AOD look I think its in performance setting the cpu graphs or what ever its called and you should see all cores active, also through CPU ID it will show 4 cores!!!

See below: Results

cats182.jpg

Good luck!

My Specs: Hope this is helpfull.
AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition (Heka) chip
Asus M4A79T Deluxe (bios rev 1202)
Ati Radeon HD 4870X2
OCZ Platinum 4GB DDR3-1333/ PN/OCZ3P13334GK
WD 640Gb 32mb cache
CoolerMaster Storm Sniper
Cool It Domino ALC (Water cooled)
PS OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W
LG 22X DVD+ w Lightscribe
Liteon 22xDVD+Rw/Lightscribe
Razor Tarantula Gaming Keyboard
NZXT Avatar Gaming Mouse
Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit/ SP2

Last edited:
I've got a 720BE with a GA-MA790GPT-UD3H and 2x2gb 1333 ripjaws

I'm a bit confused in the bios when enabling ACC auto/all cores/per core? and what about the %'s? Also control core 2 or whatever it is called, auto or manual? Any tips appreciated

Fail on the Phenom II X2 550 Castillio core.

Attempted with: Voltage of 1.35 , stock speeds, tried all cores, and combination of the 2 good ones, ACC on, Unleash both on, off(with the different combinations of which cores)...no luck

System specs:
CPU- Phenom II X2
Mobo- Asus Crosshair III(cant remember bios revision, not the latests the one right before that tho)
RAM- OCZ Reaper HPC DDR3 @ 1600, and attempted at 1333
GFX- PNY XLR8 9800 GTX, clocked stock and at 756 core 1128 mem
OS- Win 7 X64 Pro, latest updates

will be trying more tweaking in bios during my christmas break to see what I can do...

I've got a 720BE with a GA-MA790GPT-UD3H and 2x2gb 1333 ripjaws

I'm a bit confused in the bios when enabling ACC auto/all cores/per core? and what about the %'s? Also control core 2 or whatever it is called, auto or manual? Any tips appreciated

Big 10 ACC allows you to ajust the values of all or individual cores to attemp get get a better OC! If your using AMD,s AOD software you can do a stabilty test on all cores to find out if one or more of the 4 cores are weaker so you cah ajust and up the percentage on the individual core to acheive a high OC. Let me know how that ram performs if you get a chance!
PS: By the this is my understanding on how ACC works but I have had 2 brian surgeries so LOL Im not exactly 100% these days but hope that helps Im sure it can be explained better by some one else!

Last edited:
Gigabyte GA-MA-785GM-US2H (F6c beta BIOS)
Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition

Set ACC to Hybrid, +2 on all cores...first attempt, SUCCESS!
Ran AMD Overdrive stability test for about an hour and 20 minutes, then stopped it and was satisfied that I have a stable unlock.

CACYC stepping, 0940 FPMW batch #
got the chip from SuperBiiz

Just unlocked a 720BE x3 to x4 (stable, ran prime95 for 3 hours)
Haven't tried overclocking it yet because I'm using radioshack thermal paste (fml)
Mobo is a Gigabyte GA-790XTA-UD4.
I'm very happy with this motherboard, it also has SATA 6GBPS and USB 3.0 ports. Hopefully it overclocks well.

Edit: Stock bios. F1 I believe.

Last edited:
Tried numerous ACC settings and voltages but cant get any joy on my 720BE.

Stuck with three cores. Not to worry.

Asus M4A785TD-V EVO, stock bios, enabled ACC and set unleashed mode and all 4 cores lit up on the 720BE. Ran the AMD OverDrive (that sounds funny typing that for some reason... :) ) and set it to novice level 4 and everything seems rock solid at 3ghz currently 1.36 vcore (also left in auto mode in bios) nice and cool too. Only funny thing is that the chip gets identified as a Phenom II x4 20 processor.

These motherboards have come a long way since I built my last one. This is getting too easy...

Successful unlock of 2 handpicked X2 550BE (0929 and 0931) chips. Prime95/LinX stable on a Biostar TA790GXE 128M (Xiggy HDT-D1284) and a TA790GXE (Noctua NH-D14). Both BIOS came from biostar-sme.com.
Waiting on X2 555BE.

Mine doesn't unlock. Depending on what bios i'm using it reacts differently. With the F7 bios my computer boots up but somewhere in the process the bios resets itself back to default settings. When I use any of the older bios it wont boot at all...my computer powers up then just shuts off...lol. Oh well I bought an X2 and that's what I got!!! It's a smoking little processor for $100.

I was successful with a Phenom II X2 550BE. It was done on a Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P AM3 board with 2x2Gb G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 PC1600 memory @ 1333.

I'm not sure how stable it is. I did disable Cool'n'quiet and raise the voltage by +.05 pre unlock per a forum post. I've since disabled and adjusted the voltage back down until I can get a new cooler and I will then run some minor stress tests to confirm stability.

-edit-

There are some issues with my unlock. Voltage set at stock, +.025 or +.05 all result in Photoshop crashes and BF2 flickering. It's been recommended to try other things, such as Northbridge adjustments, drop clock frequency, etc, but I'm not sure I'll mess with it too much. I'm not a confident overclocker. I think I'll just remain happy with my cpu as it is - stock.

Last edited:
720BE to 4 cores at stock speeds and voltages.Using Gigabyte MA785-UD2H Bios version F7.Just got this board and will try to push core speeds up.:D

Have run some crysis and 3DMark06 and seems stable.Idle temps about 26C but, having some temperature sensor problems.CoreTemp and AOD have very different readings while bios and ET6 appear to be correct.

intellburn test will be used when I get home.

Intellburn test stable in sig.Going to stop at this point and reset heatsink.Under test temps maxed at 44C.

Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H plus Phenom II 550BE.

ACC + hybrid = 4 cores, prime stable

Will do 3.6 stable on 1.35v but no higher, despite bumping voltage all of the way to 1.45v.

Decided to leave it with Cool n Quiet on, at stock speeds for now. 500mhz wasn't worth running full tilt all of the time to me. Maybe I'll bump it again later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back