New and umm.... Not quite as messy (yet):

And the home theater setup.....yeah...

IMG_3761copy.jpg

IMG_3759copy.jpg

IMG_3758copy.jpg

IMG_3757copy.jpg

Ignore the rings on the glass.

>_>

I got a new case, and my desk area is now a little more crowded with a teddy bear, a picture of my mom, and some other stuff. I have no idea how there is dust in some of these pictures. I guess cameras pick up on it a lot more.

From the right
pa160032largeiz7.jpg

This is my view.
pa220092largelm6.jpg

This 120mm fan was originally in the drive bays as an intake, but I slapped it here (the holes were big enough to fit the screw through. Don't make any "that's what she said" jokes if you can refrain) after I didn't notice much of a temperature drop. During gaming I can feel the hot air just flying out of that fan, but there is no real temperature drop on the graphics, maybe about 1 degree C. It's pretty ridiculous if you ask me. Time for a VF900.

pa260003largemg9.jpg

Got my new E228WFP, but I'm not totally happy, so I might return it, and pay extra and get the 2407WFP.

Desktop.JPG

Desktop2.JPG

Workstation as of this afternoon. Not a lot has changed in a few years, other than I moved to this new house back in 2006. :)

Workstation view from the other side of the room... (forgive the cabling mess underneath... there are trunk lines, power cabling, RG-6, CAT-6, 20 AWG speaker wiring and a bunch of crap under there).
1177282175_1771.jpg

Shot from the left side... down the length of it. Used to have 3 other systems on top of that storage cabinet... but they were all relocated inside the house (server to it's own cabinet... 2 workstations in respective rooms).
1177282175_3147.jpg

Inside the black box (computer from signature)...
1177282359_8279.jpg

last year:
tn_DSC00739.jpg

Current:
tn_DSC01301.jpg

The right desk is the wife's make-up area
tn_DSC01296.jpg

That's the KVM switch mounted on top of the monitor with the 360 cam
tn_DSC01293.jpg

tn_DSC01292.jpg

The cure for overheating routers and wirelss adapters:
tn_DSC01311.jpg

tn_DSC01312.jpg

This is where the magic happens
Ubuntu Server hosting music, movies, virtual machines with my Main Rig sitting on top
HPIM1846.jpg

Writing on desk courtesy of little sister, right side has DSL Modem, D-Link Router, and Roswell Gigabit switch
HPIM1850.jpg

Had a talk with the higher ups. While we like this thread, it isn't realistic to think nobody will comment in it. Obviously from the last 30 or so posts, most of you, new or old, don't seem to listen to the rule either.

Comments are now allowed. Like the last time I had to close this thread though, DO NOT GET OFF TOPIC. If in the future the thread turns into just a chat session, I'm closing it for good. This is a gallery, not general mayhem.

I plan on moving out and getting all new equipment, desk, tv, everything. But this is my current cave at my mothers house.

DSC02250.jpg

DSC02251.jpg

Here is mine.
hpim2247wp1.jpg

From left to right:
HP Photosmart 1315; Acer Travelmate 8200; Dell 2005FPW; xv6700 PPC phone; McIntosh MC-30 x2; case; MIDI stuff.

Here is mine.
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/3113/hpim2247wp1.jpg
From left to right:
HP Photosmart 1315; Acer Travelmate 8200; Dell 2005FPW; xv6700 PPC phone; McIntosh MC-30 x2; case; MIDI stuff.

How do you like that phone? I just got the XV6700 and so far its ok. A couple of things I really don't like about that I haven't figured out how to change yet though...=(

EDIT: Sorry bout the comment, I thought I was in the LCD thread when I posted. LMAO

system.jpg

Latest iteration. Fixed the mounting of my rear surrounds... they were half-ass mounted to the stands before. That's a fridge door behind the desk. I dented it last year at my friend's house, had to buy him a new one. Since I love brushed metal, I hung onto it. I still need to pop off the "Fridgidaire" tag.

front.jpg

The view from my seat

charge.jpg

Phone charger and mp3 jack, run underneath the Z-5500 control station for convenience. The charger\transmitter for the G7 mouse is positioned optimally in front of my mousing hand.

printer.jpg

Printer stashed in computer supply cabinet. Must remember to open the cabinet before printing. You can also see where I keep my scanner and Wacom tablet.

dvds.jpg

On the other side of the desk is my media cabinet with DVDs and books. Here are the DVDs. This is only about 90% of my collection, the rest is loaned out. I actually prune it from time to time, ritually destroying discs or giving them away.

Yea there are just 7 push pins on my wall. I used these cables literally about 5 out of 7 days a week. external storage. extra ipod headphones. moms camera cable. my camera cable. usb extension. 10ft ipod cable. xbox/cellphone headset. I did have a 25 foot headphone extension going around the room and hanging from the wall like that at one point. I had 6 back and 2 front usb plugs.. and all 6 back ones are taken and used 24/7.. so i decided to put these on the wall for easy access. Works great. I will get up a few more pictures later if I feel like changing my camera batteries.

mydesk.jpg

Just got this the other day for 20 bucks at work. Worked out really well. Just need to get some lighter fluid or paint thiner to get that tape residue off the front draws.

workstationedit1wd6.jpg

I had the furniture since I was 9, I'm not 17. I'm getting new stuff soon, don't rag on me :confused:

I had the furniture since I was 9, I'm not 17. I'm getting new stuff soon, don't rag on me :confused:

Relax guy, we're not into ragging..... much. Your setup looks cleaner than many I've seen. Also, why is that tv/monitor covered with that blue towel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back