Project: ATCS 840

I've been concentrating on the external so much it hadn't really hit home until these Zotac GTX295's turned up today, how killer this hardware actually is and can't wait to get it up and running.

295's will remain air cooled for the time being which is quite a novelty for me until the blocks and black coolant arrive but at least it gives me a chance to test fit them and check they are both working and any issues with drivers and Windows 7 etc plus there is still 101 other things to do but all in all i'm pretty happy how its coming together.

Question is.............will it boot!!!!

atc_126.jpg

atc_127.jpg

atc_128.jpg

atc_129.jpg

atc_130.jpg

Almost a shame you'll have to perform surgery on those 295 coolers to add watercooling :)

And yes, that is killer hardware :D

Don't forget to take some pictures of the cards disassembled to give us a look at how they actually put them together.

I know we're all probably getting a bit sick of this by now but hey its nearly done now.

Got the second loop filled with black and the blocks all stickered up and was really happy to get the hose running through the cards again..........i just love that for some reason.

So here how it stands at the end of another week and i'm off to the pub for a well deserved beer and forget about computers for a few hours!

atc_137.jpg

atc_138.jpg

atc_139.jpg

atc_141.jpg

atc_142.jpg

atc_143.jpg

that looks pretty damn cool. what kind of temperatures are you getting on the GTX295s? you are using only a single 2x120mm radiator on them correct? Someone was telling me that that could not possibly work.

keep up the good work. this should get on million dollar pcs.

Putting that piece of tubing between both cards has to be an absolute PITA with such expensive hardware... well done! :D

You sir, are insane! That build looks awesome, wish I had a quarter of the mod skills several people on the forum have. Blocks would've been sweet if they had an acrylic option so that you could light them. Very impressive regardless.

While out at CeBIT, promotion is the name of the game and literally everything has a logo so i always do my best to promote sponsors while trying not to turn the case into a walking bill board but try to keep things in perspective with the case's overall appearance, as done right it not only promotes the sponsors and gives them a return on their investment but also raises my own awareness which i don't consider a bad thing.

Anyway, i hand cut a Zotac logo out of 3mm aluminium and polished it along with an Intel logo which matches the one on the Skulltrail Cosmos S and looks nice mounted on the gloss black bezels while still in keeping with the over red / black / chrome thing..............and before anyone askes, the "O" in Zotac will be painted orange before it leaves :)

I've also re-routed the hose slightly to make it look more pleasing on the eye and put new hose and liquid in the Skulltrail and will update photo's ASAP but for the time being here's a couple from today but both cases are just about good to go so a little pressure is off i must admit and i might get a good night sleep at long last.

Me and Tom have a busy busy 10 days ahead from Thursday what with driving the cases over etc and being out at CeBIT for the week then bringing them back but i'll do my best in keeping a picture log of the whole event from my laptop.

atc_145.jpg

atc_144.jpg

atc_146.jpg

atc_147.jpg

Both cases waxed and ready for packing to start their journey early Thursday.

GPU loop reversed and looks much better with a bit of a curve matching the CPU loop imo without any degradation in temps so all in all im a happy chappy especially to be finished both cases a day early :D

atc_159.jpg

atc_157.jpg

atc_161.jpg

atc_151.jpg

atc_153.jpg

when/where are you at CeBit? was thinking of going and if these cases are there i may def have to :D

as you say Thurs I take it your only going to be there for the weekend?

when/where are you at CeBit? was thinking of going and if these cases are there i may def have to :D

as you say Thurs I take it your only going to be there for the weekend?

Yip, both cases as well as myself are at CeBIT for the whole duration of the show.

The ATCs 840 will be on display on the Coolermaster stand and the Cosmos Skulltrail will be on the Zotac stand :)

Was the a worklog for your Skulltrail setup, did i miss it, was it on another forum/blog

wow coolmiester, i didn't know you had an account here... missed all this on both forums... Well done on this anyway though...

@mattym and others, coolmiester runs basically the entire site over at www.coolercases.co.uk

the skulltrail worklog, along with other fantastic worklogs are located in the forum there, and the whole site is great...

(sorry for promoting it for you coolmiester...)

Cheers soundguy.........pimp away my friend :D

The Background
Anyone that has followed the prod logs on various forums of both Tom (frozensnail) and myself may know that we were commissioned by Coolermaster (Hall 24 – Booth E39) to mod their new flagship chassis to further enhance their booth presence at CeBIT which proved to be a massive crowd favourite last year with the Cosmos so this year it’s the turn of the new ATCs 840

Basically we are left to our own devices to do as we please with the mods so this year Tom went for a gloss black and chrome, triple loop creation running Carbon CPU block which is a world first as far as we are aware and I went for bright red, black and chrome with my now seemingly characteristic side vents.

We do get access to early prototype chassis but it still doesn’t give us a whole lot of time to get these things complete and as usual it was a race to get finished with many delays and set backs along the way but we always seem to manage one way or the other.

I also have a previous Cosmos S Skulltrail system going out to CeBIT which will be on show on the Zotac booth (Hall 20 - Booth D12) so had to make sure that one was also up to scratch with a complete hose and liquid change along with a good old spit n’ polish.

6.30am Thursday 26 February
The journey begins, well for the cases anyway and as there isn’t a courier in the land I would trust these cases with, it comes down to me and Tom to make sure they arrive at CeBIT in one piece.

Thursday, I do the 540mile round trip to Toms leaving my cases with him and come Friday, Tom does leg two of the journey getting all three cases over to Coolermaster NL just mind as he slept in again and missed the ferry but I guess and returning home on Saturday for a quick wash and brush up ready for me to pick him up early Sunday morning so you could say its been quite a few days for the pair of us…….and that’s before we really start our main road trip.

cebit_1.jpg

cebit_2.jpg

cebit_3.jpg

cebit_4.jpg

cebit_5.jpg

This year Coolermaster decided to run a closed booth with access by appointment only which seemed really strange as our mods were only being seen by press and appointment visitors but who are me and Tom to argue!!!

Anyway, on day 2 they decided to put both our mods on display out front which instantly changed things and we now have visitors queuing up at the front of Coolermaster from opening time to closing time like last year which really does make all the hard work that Tom and me put in all worth while.

Oh yeah, and Tom managed to get his small 4" TFT working so he's been walking round with a big grin ever sinse as for some reason the drivers had got messed up and it wasn't working for the first few days but all seems to be fine now with drivers installed so good result at last.

I hadn't really realized how lucky i was to have the two Zotac GTX295's as they were causing quite a bit of interest with all the press etc but as there are literally only three in Europe it all kinda figures now as the only other one is on display on the Zotac stand along with my Skulltrail Cosmos S so no wonder we were being chased all around CeBIT.

Zotac didn't even have time to get them professionally photo'd so the ended up using one of my pictures for the promotion pictures.

Thursday night was Zotac booth party night so after dinking their stand dry hit the centre of town which ended up at the famous Irish Bar and was well after 4pm before we got our heads down so neither of us were in the best frame of mind but the Enquirer came knocking wanting to do video interviews so i opted out and pushed Tom in at the deep end to do both his and mine while i s♥♥♥♥♥♥ed in the background nursing my bad head so there should be something on there once they get it all uploaded.

More pictures for now.......

atc_162.jpg

atc_163.jpg

atc_164.jpg

atc_165.jpg

atc_166.jpg

atc_167.jpg

atc_168.jpg

atc_169.jpg

atc_170.jpg

atc_171.jpg

atc_172.jpg

For all those unable to make CeBIT 09 i did a quick 33 second video of the ATCs 840 on the Coolermaster stand showing the new Zotac GTX295 Infinity Series in Sli

nice pics CM, thanks!

I have a black ATCS-840, love it....I'm keeping it stock though :)

Very informative and interesting, thank you! :)

dear lord and baby jesus.

Those are fantastic bro, I must say.

Lots of pics are down at the moment -- any idea what's going on?

(some work -- 2 cases on this page, a Mercedes, etc, but /none/ of the worklog pics from what I saw)

As always, cheers for the feedback - pics should be back up :)

A youtube highlighting the making of...

May I ask a question about this case? It looks like you could fairly easily attach the adaptor brackets to the included fans and hook up a triple radiator that way.

If you want to keep those big, quiet fans, is there any problem in doing it this way? You'd be pulling through the radiator and so some of the air would escape around the sides, but wouldn't it still work fairly well?

Edit:

You might even have enough room to put three of these really skinny fans on the bottom side for a decent push-pull effect on the rad. You'd have some serious exhaust power pulling air through that case.

http://jab-tech.com/Scythe-Slip-Stream-slim-Kaze-Jyu-ni-Slim-1600-RPM-120-x-120-x-12mm-pr-4477.html

Back