Project L.O.S.I.A.S. Modified Sugo (LCD,TEC, and SLI)

i think i popped a load....
its amazing, wonderful beauitful, i want to marry it
hehe it almost looks like it could be an old portable black and white tv unit

Dude, I have been following this mod since the start. This is freakin' sick!! Nice work, and excellent craftsmen ship. :cool: I don't even want to think of the heat those cards are putting out, how well in the ventilation for them?

awesome.. amazing. i will have to look into this too.

where did the CF come from i need a large role?

The only thing i dont like.. to be honest. on the right side where the fan is.. to bad you could no make a cleaner mount so its more solid. and one piece of CF with a round hole for the fan. instead of the fan under the two verticle bars.. looks a little off.

but amazing none the less!!!!

edit:
what drives/wher eu get those cd rom drives.. one or two be PERFECT for my progect...

Thanks for all the kind words guys! This project has been a labor of love for me. When I started planning this last December, I really had no idea what the end result was going to be. I had a basic idea, but I find that some of the greatest ideas come to you along the way. I really wanted this to be a case that I would hold on to for a while, and I'm sure I will, but I can't help but start thinking about another project. Whatever it is, it's got to be even bigger... and I'm not referring to the case size!

To answer a few questions from above...

Case temps are great all the way around. I've got some great ventilation in this thing. CPU temps never get above the mid 30's under load. The hard drives sit in the upper 30's. The video cards have never risen above 90 on the inner card, and the lower 80's on the outer. It will be interesting to see what temps a CPU and platform change would bring...

The carbon fiber film was bought from mnpctech.com. You can get some decent sized rolls there for a decent price.

The area around the fan probably could be a little cleaner. I originally couldn't find a large enough aluminum piece with sufficient thickness to support the TEC assembly. The method I used was the strongest option I had at the time. I had also never planned on the plexi windows when I started the project. I have since thought about changing the mounting to something a little cleaner, but am going to hold off for now.

They DVD drives are Pioneer DVR-K06's. I love them quite a bit. Dual layer, great burn speed, never made a single coaster... I originally bought them from opticstor.com, but they have since been bought out by slidirect, and it seem they no longer carry them. Which makes me think I'd better locate a spare....

img3133wx2.jpg

is something supposed to be behind those grills? if not, i think i'd paint the area behind black, so as to not stick out as much

is something supposed to be behind those grills? if not, i think i'd paint the area behind black, so as to not stick out as much

I completely agree. It wasn't until I dropped the LED's back there, that I realized that area stuck out a little more than I'd hoped. It's on of the minor things I hope to take care of soon. I still have to get the final pictures up, and hope to have that taken care of by then.

yo man y dont you put a strip of frosted plexi behind there and stick red leds on the bottom and blue on the top to get a bleeding effect of red, blue, and purple

mind blowing, i want to cut down to a smaller plattform but was't sure it was possible, much props. I can't wait to see the rouge project.

man, i just found this thread.

you probably get sick of hearing this but that is one sick machine. amazing.

I didn't see if anyone asked but where did you get the PCI extender? Could really come in handy!

BTW... GREAT JOB. This is a work of art, It's amazing you fit so much in such a small case.

The best lloking case with the most stuff put inside of it that i have ever seen. I have one questions though, what did you use to make the dvd notebook burners work (the adapter) and did it need any power besides the ide cable?

Hello, I don't find the words to describe what I see...
The only thing I can say is:
this is ART
Wonderful, incredible, excellent job, the best mod I've ever seen till now, Im deeply jealous!!!
Congratulations man, you are a genius!
Sincerely,
Marco.

Yep, I have to agree, an outstanding job :) This is by far one of the best mini-itx projects out there!

Would you mind to share the dxf (autocad) file for the frontplate? I would luv to make something simlar for my Carputer project, and my Xenarc LCD....

Would appreciate your help.

Kind regards,
MrBean

Back