PSU site pimpage...

Glad to see that you've got the camera thing squared away. Sucked that yours got ripped like that man.

malicious said:
first vote for switch to english

It's a joke! Come on. "Cheapo" isn't even a spanish word. :p

And how can you take "El Mediocre (un enchilada sin amargo-crema)" [The mediocre (an enchilada without sour cream)] seriously? :D

jonnyGURU said:
It's a joke! Come on. "Cheapo" isn't even a spanish word. :p

And how can you take "El Mediocre (un enchilada sin amargo-crema)" [The mediocre (an enchilada without sour cream)] seriously? :D

El Bueno:

El cheapo grande
Eficiente, no caliente
El Mano:

Extremo feo
¿Conectador de PCI-e?
El Mediocre (un enchilada sin amargo-crema)

¿PFC activo?

i know it's a joke bro ... i just don't understand what you mean .. probably could with a little research but i speak 0% spanish ....

could you rewrite it in english here... good job .. keep em coming.

mal

LOL.. It doesn't matter. I did it just for those folks that read the title, the score and the summary and nothing in between.

All it says is, "The good: it's cheap, it's efficient (not hot) The bad: ugly, no PCI-e The mediocre: no APFC."

Since I am the "Anti-Bling"

Here's the AMS Mercury powering my Biostar...

A643500Tforce.jpg

Picked it after reading the review...

MD

MD_Willington said:
Since I am the "Anti-Bling"

Here's the AMS Mercury powering my Biostar...

A643500Tforce.jpg

Picked it after reading the review...

MD

AMS! :)

That's why it's important to look at the break down of the score. Aesthetics is NOT important to everyone. Also, aesthetics only plays 10% of the total score, so an ugly (IMHO) power supply is not going to have much of an effect on the over all score of the PSU.

Ok guys... This week I've got eXtreme Power 600W, OCZ 600 SLI and a Silverstone ST56F going up. After that you're going to have to just check in for yourself because I'm probably not coming back.

I don't know if I suddenly aquired thin skin or what. Maybe my three year old has eliminated any patience I had left. But if I have to tolerate some of these hosers in these forums (not just Hard, but all of them) any more, I'd likely end up throwing my PC in the ocean. :D So for my PC's own good, I'm going to limit my web-presense to my weblog and doing reviews.

Cheers!

yea peeps are getting kinda rude lately...

you'll be back :D

keep the blog and reviews giong ... i for one check in about twice a day

cheers,

mal

jonnyGURU said:
Ok guys... This week I've got eXtreme Power 600W, OCZ 600 SLI and a Silverstone ST56F going up.

Isn't it the Zeus ST56ZF? :D

Can't wait to see how the OCZ 600W does... I've had questions about that unit for a long time.

DAMMIT!

I said I wasn't coming back... but I have to correct myself!

I did mean ST56ZF and I meant OCZ 520ADJSLI. Not 600W.

See how flustered these SFB's got me!!!! :p

Hey how does the Enermax Liberty 500w stand with your list?
I only saw the 600w Liberty and wondered about the 500w not showing up on your site.

Like I said, I take what I can get unless I pay for them out of pocket.

Enermax has only sent me the 620W and none of my friends in the channel have access to a 500W they can "lend" me.

noooooo :( :(

Wherever you go, there will always be people like that. How you deal with them is another thing.

Old school power supply "looks" for a plain old beige box !

Honestly, that power supply weighs a ton for its size...

Bbq said:
noooooo :( :(

Wherever you go, there will always be people like that. How you deal with them is another thing.

You're right. There's one in a UPS post just made a little while ago. And I'm far too thin skinned to deal with these ignorant bone heads. It's them or me and I'm seriously out numbered. It IS all in how you deal with them, and if I dealt with them the way I would like to deal with them, Spectre would have me banned in a matter of seconds.

By the way... The OCZ 520ADJSLI review has been posted here: http://www.jonnyguru.com/PSU/OCZ520ADJSLI/

:) I'll continue to check out your site. Love it.

It does get tedius after a while with:
-rails are not additive
-"Just get a cheap power supply from ur local shop"
-Software readings.

Well, it's part of the enlightenment process.

I trust Jonny's reviews over the "bling bling" pretty box reviews... I know he'll do his best to beat the living crap out of a power supply... and isn't afraid to tell us if it is a POS!!

Keep up the good work Jonny!

Some of us who are into hardware enjoy the honesty.

Here's the eXtreme Power 600W review: http://www.jonnyguru.com/PSU/eXtremePower600W/

Had a few rum and cokes in me when I edited it, so let me know if there are any blatent typos.

Oh... and try to figure out what my new toy does:

P1010248.jpg

And here's a picture of me "wearing" my Enermax Liberty. I couldn't figure out what the neck strap that came with the PSU was for. Given the gold bling of the PSU, I figured it was so you could wear the product around your neck:

bling.jpg

jonnyGURU said:
ah hah! I was wondering what that was for. Definitely pimp.
Also enjoyed the aspire review, nice to know what it's actually capable of (if anything).

this power supply is actually an ST-500BKP. Hmm… Specs seem to match. It seems that this eXtreme Power is a Seventeam ST-500BKV (Just like a BKV, but with a 115/230 VAC switch.)
Just like a BKP?

Nice bling, you should make a music video or something.

That's one hell of a rheostat you got there, how many amps is it rated for?

Do more poses, like a frontin one, baller 4 lyfe, grillZ, and the bling bling shot with a few more supplies. Remmber that the ocz powerstream's have gold 'grillz'

jonnyGURU said:
P1010248.jpg

Hey I know that thing and I am a chemist. We use that exact same brand and style just smaller, all the time for heating round bottom flasks(with an attached heating mantel(sp?) of course) when an oil bath is not necessary. I always thought they were old and ghetto (they look that way from all the acids and chemicals they get spilled on them) and the fact that they have a very "retro" when retro means never updated design. That is just too funny.

PedroDaGr8 said:
Hey I know that thing and I am a chemist. We use that exact same brand and style just smaller, all the time for heating round bottom flasks(with an attached heating mantel(sp?) of course) when an oil bath is not necessary. I always thought they were old and ghetto (they look that way from all the acids and chemicals they get spilled on them) and the fact that they have a very "retro" when retro means never updated design. That is just too funny.

Yeah. They do look "retro" but it's current product. They just make 'em that way. ;)

I just took another look at yours, I don't know if it is a trick of the camera but your variac looks huge. The ones we have are a lot smaller and still way a ton, and hurt toes when they fall off the lab bench. I would hate to see how heavy yours is. I just realized this could really be taken the wrong way by deleting one word (variac)

Back