Recertified: HP LP2465 24" 1920x1200 S-PVA $222.37 Shipped

I'm worried about the input lag since it's PVA. I really want to buy it since the price is almost irresistible but the input lag question is grinding things to a halt.

[QUOTE="I'm not a crook";1035203819]I don't think its going to be that bad, but I can't get myself to buy it :([/QUOTE]

Well, it looks like it's the same panel as the Dell 2407WFP? Or am I wrong about that? Maybe at least similarish? Those seem to be OK for gaming but I don't know.

I am tempted but just not sure on this one.

I've used it to play COD4 back when I had my desktop and it worked just fine. I'm not a hardcore gamer that tries to squeeze every last FPS from my rig though so ymmv.

Thanks for posting OP. I bought two. They will be replacing my 24" soyo at work. I like the soyo just fine, but the bezels are much smaller on these monitors (helps for dual screen imo). Also the stand is much better.

Plus a good dual screen setup has to have matching monitors. :D

I just ordered one a few minutes ago and that would have brought the in stock monitors down to 17. Get them fast. I would venture to say today, even.

Hmm, a used one in excellent condition sold for $170 shipped, and a brand new one sold for $250 shipped on eBay.

I bought 2. Going triple 24"s !!! Now...is it worth the $300 investment to get a triple monitor arm? Decisions, decisions!

All of us need to post back when we get our monitors and compare. I have a feeling that a few recerts didn't get quite put back to 100%

All of us need to post back when we get our monitors and compare. I have a feeling that a few recerts didn't get quite put back to 100%

Yeah, I hoping I won the "lottery" and got three good ones.

Word of warning: before I ordered, it said 9 left. I ordered 3 and it's still saying 8 left. :confused:

I wonder how fast inventory levels are updated?

What if you need to exchange it and they don't have anymore in stock ?...

Yeah, I hoping I won the "lottery" and got three good ones.

Word of warning: before I ordered, it said 9 left. I ordered 3 and it's still saying 8 left. :confused:

I wonder how fast inventory levels are updated?

Correct because after your original post I took a look and sure enough it said 6 available and after contemplating a bit more then refreshing the page there was only 5 available, could be that someone changed their mind and decided against purchasing..

My biggest dilemma is I have the two 30" 'ers one on my main rig and the other not being used, also a 24" Sammy that's currently on my project PC. Otherwise I would have purchased 3 of these.

Anyone want to purchase a 30" Gateway XHD3000? :D

Also congrats to all that purchased this monitor!

What if you need to exchange it and they don't have anymore in stock ?...

Good question...

Looks like there is only one left in stock and it's in my cart... Going to decide in the morning if I pull the trigger. So tempting!

Hopefully this monitor does better than my 2408wfp. I was pretty upset with the dell, but aesthetically it was nice.

Mine came today. The packaging was terrible. The boxes were both half collapsed. Packaged with just a few plastic air bags on the back side and one thin piece of foam over the screen itself. The bezels and stand have some wear marks from shipping. Both screens look pretty good, but I haven't tried them out yet. Each of mine came with only a power cord and a vga-dvi cable.

Still, if they work, it will have been a good deal.

Got mine, terrible packaging as others have reported but it seemed to come through with just some smudges on the front bezel. Screen looks good, bright and colors looks ok after a bit of a tweak, but I've not tried to calibrate them. Mine has one pixel that is stuck on near the top right, so far hasn't bugged me but have to see. One interesting thing I noticed is under information the list total hours as 7410 and backlight hours as 1812. Looks like these might be used monitors they swapped out the backlights on. If you look at the newegg page they do show that you only get the power cord and DVI-VGA cable, still annoying though.

Got mine, terrible packaging as others have reported but it seemed to come through with just some smudges on the front bezel. Screen looks good, bright and colors looks ok after a bit of a tweak, but I've not tried to calibrate them. Mine has one pixel that is stuck on near the top right, so far hasn't bugged me but have to see. One interesting thing I noticed is under information the list total hours as 7410 and backlight hours as 1812. Looks like these might be used monitors they swapped out the backlights on. If you look at the newegg page they do show that you only get the power cord and DVI-VGA cable, still annoying though.

The screens on mine are perfect. The bezels and the stands would be too except for the scuffs from shipping and sloppy packaging. Overall, I'm happy.

I get mine tomorrow. Did everyone's come out of CA? I don't know why Newegg does such a poor job of packaging. It seems to be a theme of late. Maybe it's just some knob in the warehouse. UPS's only goal seems to be destruction of packages. I never use them if it can be helped.

I would love to blame Newegg for the packaging but the ones I got from geeks.com were shipped the same way. So it looks like HP sucks at packaging.

I get mine tomorrow. Did everyone's come out of CA? I don't know why Newegg does such a poor job of packaging. It seems to be a theme of late. Maybe it's just some knob in the warehouse. UPS's only goal seems to be destruction of packages. I never use them if it can be helped.

Mine did. They're out for delivery right now :D

Got mine yesterday and the packaging was horrid. one corner was busted open like the delivery guy just dropped it, but nothing happened to the screen or the bezel. I must admit that this screen is LEAPS and BOUNDS better than my 2408wfp. I calibrated it with a Huey Pro and it looks great!

My tracking now says it's a state away with a scheduled delivery date of today. The only problem is that it's been sitting in one spot for 24hrs now. I have a feeling I am going to get screwed here. The last time this happened the status was updated with a 'train derailment' and between the claim and everything it was month before I finally got the product.

Holy crap, this is probably the worst packaging (due to lack there of) ever. One of my three screens has nicks on it as well. Hopefully they don't have dead pixels or other issues when I power them on.

Mine did. They're out for delivery right now :D

Mine's today too... waiting... :cool:

My tracking now says it's a state away with a scheduled delivery date of today. The only problem is that it's been sitting in one spot for 24hrs now. I have a feeling I am going to get screwed here. The last time this happened the status was updated with a 'train derailment' and between the claim and everything it was month before I finally got the product.

I wouldn't get too uptight... yet. I have to order stuff at least 3 times a week every week for my business and every now and then the UPS tracking just doesn't keep up. At least a few times a year my package will get "stuck" a state away and show up on my doorstep at the promised delivery date, to my surprise. Of course, just for fun I immediately pull up the tracking and the computer catches up like magic.

You've got until 7 pm local time, then start worrying.

Got mine yesterday and the packaging was horrid. one corner was busted open like the delivery guy just dropped it, but nothing happened to the screen or the bezel. I must admit that this screen is LEAPS and BOUNDS better than my 2408wfp. I calibrated it with a Huey Pro and it looks great!

Would you mind sharing your calibration settings?

Got mine. Packaging is indeed pathetic; my stand for my 26" came in a far more robust box. Thankfully it didn't get banged up at all.

No dead pixels. Seemed like it had bad backlight bleed until I turned brightness down to 0. Now it's subjectively gone. Seems like a nice monitor, but I'll have to calibrate it later. It also seems like there's less text blurring in a moving window than my 2490. All in all, a much better deal than that Sylvania 24" I got a couple years ago for about the same price.

Well, I got mine, packaging was garbage. Two are good, one has a black stripe down the middle. Just turned in an RMA. I guess they can't "replace" it so who knows what will happen. Sigh....

EDIT: INSULT TO INJURY. I just had to pay 32.10 for a label to ship it back. getting real pissed now.

EDIT: INSULT TO INJURY. I just had to pay 32.10 for a label to ship it back. getting real pissed now.

This really drives me nuts too. The first company that pays for return shipping on bad equipment (something I shouldn't have to pay for because I am in no way responsible) will get my business from now on.

certain things I can't buy from newegg... monitors is one

Normally I agree, but this is the kind of deal you're probably only going to find on ebay otherwise. Not such a great return policy there either.

All three of mine are good with no (obvious) dead pixels. One has a series of small nicks, but I can probably buff them out. I'll test for backlight bleed and such tonight (leaving work in a bit).

This really drives me nuts too. The first company that pays for return shipping on bad equipment (something I shouldn't have to pay for because I am in no way responsible) will get my business from now on.

After that post I got on the phone with a friendly CSR and she said since it was DOA she'd make sure to refund the shipping.

Funny thing, I took it to my local UPS store and the same UPS guy was there doing pickups. I told him what happened and he said "THOSE WERE MONITORS?" We had a frank discussion about poor packaging (I will say he was very methodical and careful in the delivery of the monitors).

I asked the CSR what they'd do and she said if they didn't have anymore in by the time it returns I'd get a refund. Looks like they have until next Thursday. Now I have to fish for another monitor. And eventually a stand. Oh well...geez, it'd be nice to be using all 3 right now.

Has anyone else had problems with the cables? Mine came with DVI to VGA and they won't carry a signal to the monitor, but my *one* DVI to DVI works fine. I have a friend who works at a local "salvage store" and he thinks he can hook me up with cables in the morning. Until then, I just had to walk away and I'm on my laptop now...

(don't mean to sound whiny at all.. there are better people with worse problems all over the world...)

I decided I'll probably hold out for the 2209WA. Hopefully will be able to find a decent deal on it.

Speaking of people with worse problems...UPS has managed to find a broomstick and stick it way up...well you get the idea.

It was supposed to be delivered today. Nothing. A call to UPS has them tell me that they can't do anything till tomorrow because it isn't officially lost yet. It still states it's in Iowa. I can't describe the hatred I have for UPS and their terrible company. I dare them to manufacture further ways to screw me over. I leave for CA for a week with no idea what is to become of my monitor.

Back