Recertified: HP LP2465 24" 1920x1200 S-PVA $222.37 Shipped

Speaking of people with worse problems...UPS has managed to find a broomstick and stick it way up...well you get the idea.

It was supposed to be delivered today. Nothing. A call to UPS has them tell me that they can't do anything till tomorrow because it isn't officially lost yet. It still states it's in Iowa. I can't describe the hatred I have for UPS and their terrible company. I dare them to manufacture further ways to screw me over. I leave for CA for a week with no idea what is to become of my monitor.

Sorry. Like I said before I have to recieve shipments all the time, so I know what it's like to foam at the mouth because of a package. I'm fortunate in that my local UPS warehouse is great- they let me show up at the warehouse at 11 pm one time to pick up a package and correct a problem. However, I've heard enough horror stories to consider myself lucky. Hope it works out.

This is back up for $200, I just picked one up. I couldn't pass on that deal. Apparently there are 36 in stock.

How are people that have picked this monitor up liking it? How is the response time?

Last edited:
Not sure if you guys are interested but here is what happened to me. Long, long, long story short...UPS damaged my box so badly they had to repackage it. Of course, nothing was stated in the tracking. It just appeared to stop. Calling UPS yielded nothing either because they can't see any more than I could via their tracking website. They wouldn't do anything for me until it was 'officially' late. Then, after it was late they wouldn't do anything because I wasn't the shipper!

The weekend went by and before I could get in contact with Newegg I noticed it had started moving again! It took another two days but I finally received it. It was repackaged poorly but it appeared to be in one piece. It defied all odds but other than some wear on the bezel this monitor kicks all ass. Especially since it's used. It has some 5800+ hours on it with 230+ hours on the backlight. I can't find anything wrong with it. pr0n has never looked so good. I knew my old LCD sucked but I had no idea how bad until I saw pattycake, naked, on my new monitor. I haven't been able to put on pants now for days.

Oh, I complained to Newegg about the two day delay in shipping and they refunded my shipping money.

Not bad heh... I'm happy with the EA231WMi... less resolution, maybe a poorer screen (E-IPS), and more expensive... ($300)

But... it's black, has a 3yr warranty, and Displayport... :D

Can anyone else comment on the experience they had with the monitor? I am about to pick this up to replace the ol' Acer AL2051W.

Can anyone else comment on the experience they had with the monitor? I am about to pick this up to replace the ol' Acer AL2051W.

I have two for work. They have great color and the adjustable stands are nice. You can't do better for the price imo. Shipping is a bit of a lottery though.

What's the height range of this monitor from the base of the stand to the top of the bezel?

Kind of funny, I bought 3, 1 came damaged, was OOS so i figure I was getting a refund on my RMA, bought another monitor from another site, turns out more stock came in, now I have my replacement and a 24" on the way that I don't need. Lesson learned...

I've been playing Global Agenda (FPSMMO) lately and it seems fine. I tried out Borderlands, WoW, Torchlight and TF2 when I first got it and all seemed to be ok. I wouldn't term any of these as fast FPS games, it was just what I had installed. I'd expect any ghosting on faster games to be minor. I don't notice any input lag either. I've returned an LCD for ghosting so I'm at least somewhat sensitive to it :) Note, I've stuck to DVI for the input.

P.S. Make sure you have a spare DVI-D cable or be sure to order one with it. It only comes with a DVI-VGA cable

Really considering buying this to pair up with my FW900 for eyefinity.

Anyone know if you can mix and max refresh rates? 60hz on a CRT is just terrible

I've been playing Global Agenda (FPSMMO) lately and it seems fine. I tried out Borderlands, WoW, Torchlight and TF2 when I first got it and all seemed to be ok. I wouldn't term any of these as fast FPS games, it was just what I had installed. I'd expect any ghosting on faster games to be minor. I don't notice any input lag either. I've returned an LCD for ghosting so I'm at least somewhat sensitive to it :) Note, I've stuck to DVI for the input.

P.S. Make sure you have a spare DVI-D cable or be sure to order one with it. It only comes with a DVI-VGA cable

Thanks for the info.

I forgot to pick up a DVI cable. Could I get away with using an HDMI cable with an HDMI to DVI adapter on each end for a couple of days?

Unless UPS doesn't bother to throw it in with the monitor after they repackage it.

Well I couldn't resist. :(
Wasn't even planning on unloading my beautiful Acer AL2051W (P-MVA Panel) but my moms monitor broke and I got my dad to give me $150 dollars for mine. So $70 gets me 4 more inches and a lot more resolution that I hope my Q6600 and ATI 4890 can push.

Gonna be sad to see my Acer go but atleast its just going upstairs.
And heres to praying that mine gets shipped in decent shape with no dead pixels!

UPDATE: While doing some research on this monitor I had read about a stutter in the Newegg reviews and someone mentioned it in this thread as well. Anyway I found an article that MaximumPC did
that addressed this issue. I guess HP was well aware of the problem and fixed the problem via firmware in January 2007.

Last edited:
Seems like one hell of a nice LCD. Might have to replace my 22" LG LCD soon.

Could anyone give me measurements of the height this monitor can range from the bottom of the stand to the top of the bezel? I'm getting different results from different sites regarding the actual height of this thing and I'm not sure if this will fit my desk setup.

CoW]8(0);1035285911 said:
Could anyone give me measurements of the height this monitor can range from the bottom of the stand to the top of the bezel? I'm getting different results from different sites regarding the actual height of this thing and I'm not sure if this will fit my desk setup.

max height, 22.5"
min height, a little under 18"

Well, I just got my monitor and the picture quality is amazing. It's night and day from my old TN. I do have to admit that the difference in response time is noticeable but not too bad. I played some Serious Sam HD and didn't notice any problems, no ghosting. I'll have to play around some more. I don't think that I will be going back to my old TN. :D

I have to say that the complaints of poor packaging are no exaggeration. This my be the most poorly packed product that I have ever received. Also I do have a very mild scuff on the bezel and one stuck pixel but for the price I can't complain.

Well, I just got my monitor and the picture quality is amazing. It's night and day from my old TN. I do have to admit that the difference in response time is noticeable but not too bad. I played some Serious Sam HD and didn't notice any problems, no ghosting. I'll have to play around some more. I don't think that I will be going back to my old TN. :D

I have to say that the complaints of poor packaging are no exaggeration. This my be the most poorly packed product that I have ever received. Also I do have a very mild scuff on the bezel and one stuck pixel but for the price I can't complain.

Not possible! LIAR! The forum trolls all say that TN's are just as good as S-IPS let alone P-MVA, so it MUST be true!

:p

(P.S. for the sarcasm-impaired: the above was in jest.)

Not possible! LIAR! The forum trolls all say that TN's are just as good as S-IPS let alone P-MVA, so it MUST be true!

:p

(P.S. for the sarcasm-impaired: the above was in jest.)

:D

I was just walking around and had a good laugh at the difference in viewing angles. I could move around in my chair and see differences on the TN and with the PVA I can't see a difference when walking around the room. I'm also noticing things like the pattern on the background on filehippo that I had never even noticed before. I thought that it was just a solid background and I spent way more time trying to calibrate the TN to no avail obviously. Black levels are amazing too.

Needless to say I'm impressed.

Back