Retail Edge 2007!

Status
Not open for further replies.
INTEL, Please send us the GO stepping chip vs the B3 stepping chip...We want to overclock these suckers!:D

Who's running x64 from last year and who's going to install x64 this year???

I'm running x64 currently and plan on it with the Quad

Wow, no update. Also, they made me put my work information in again, whats up with that? Trying to get a little tighter on the "not really" working people?

i hope so. they shouldn't give this deal to people who don't work for the companies. it is part of suffering working for the companies.....:)

what is the cut off point for acquiring points to be used towards the rewards that have yet to be announced?

i recently was qualified to participate, so I am hoping I can accrue enough points in a short enough amount of time to qualify. i think i can earn around 7500 not counting daily visits by the end of the week...

what is the cut off point for acquiring points to be used towards the rewards that have yet to be announced?

i recently was qualified to participate, so I am hoping I can accrue enough points in a short enough amount of time to qualify. i think i can earn around 7500 not counting daily visits by the end of the week...

Going by last years promotion...Orders will be taken in October but you have until "the end of the year" to get your points.

Last year if you got 25k or was in the top 50-100 earners, Intel sent you an extreme series chip. Can someone get a confirmation on this "platinum" club for this year please...I have 18k and would wait until the end of the year to get up to 25k if I knew I would be getting an extreme!

they have added a progress bar showing you how many points you have, your store average, the top earner in your store, and top in your chain. They must be getting ready to post it all

Found this on fatwallet...I just got over 9000 today!

Date Posted: Sep/12/2007 9:27 PM
It is going to be the Q6600, DG33TL, Vista Ultimate for 9,000 chips and $219-$229 price. This is directly from an intel meeting I went to.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messageview.php?catid=18&threadid=642057&lastpage=1

There's no way that it will be a micro atx board. That doesn't make any sense as it costs more than an ATX boards in many cases. Also, why give us a P35 based board when it's a 1066mhz cpu?

Going by last years promotion...Orders will be taken in October but you have until "the end of the year" to get your points.

Last year if you got 25k or was in the top 50-100 earners, Intel sent you an extreme series chip. Can someone get a confirmation on this "platinum" club for this year please...I have 18k and would wait until the end of the year to get up to 25k if I knew I would be getting an extreme!

Very interested in that because I have 21500 at the moment and still 3 months to go and I can go easily over 25K . Last year I had 22000 and received just Thanks from Intel for getting over 20k on the peace of cardboard with intel tatoo :confused:

Very interested in that because I have 21500 at the moment and still 3 months to go and I can go easily over 25K . Last year I had 22000 and received just Thanks from Intel for getting over 20k on the peace of cardboard with intel tatoo :confused:

Cardboard huh...lol The only card I want from Intel is one that plugs into my PCI-E slot... :D

As supplies will be limited, we really need confirmation on the "platinum" club. Should we wait and accrue more points or submit our orders ASAP to secure a bundle??? Can someone get an answer from an Intel Rep?

It seems like last year they said something about limited supplies but I didn't even know about Retail edge until like November and I was still able to just get over the 8000 chip minimum and still got one in December. That leads to another thing, I don't know how they're doing it this year, but last year wasn't it 8,000 to qualify, 12,000 to be guaranteed a bundle? If they are still going to do the guaranteed thing then go ahead and wait, I know someone who waited until January to order his bundle just because he was guaranteed to get one.

if youve completed all the challenges and read the articles, are there any other ways to get points other than just visiting the site every day?

Because all of Intel is moving to 1333 and later in 2008-2008 1666 buses..

There's no way that it will be a micro atx board. That doesn't make any sense as it costs more than an ATX boards in many cases. Also, why give us a P35 based board when it's a 1066mhz cpu?

if youve completed all the challenges and read the articles, are there any other ways to get points other than just visiting the site every day?

If you download some of the toolbox files you will get chips for each one you download up to two a month. I think they give you like 200 points per download, so up to 400 chips a month. The only other way I know of other than participating in the occasional surveys, is to get codes from a visiting Intel rep (mine was fairly stingy with them though, out of the dozen times he visited he only gave me codes once because I was able to tell the wonders of the new Santa Rosa...). You can also go to an event, but those seem to be fairly seldom. In the last year there has been only one event in my area and I had to work so that didn't help.

Ive stayed awake since 9-14 staring at this thread waiting for some bundle info. I'm done, going to bed....:eek:

Just had a question for those of you who built a bundle around the Retail Edge promotion,

I've still got the bundle from 06' kicking around, and since the Mobo from this year might be worse, I might go ahead and put my new PC together now.

Basically my question is this. I know this Intel Board, the DG965Wh is very picky about what RAM it accepts, and I assume the new board will be in the same boat

I found this online

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=19341&vpn=996527&manufacture=MUSHKIN&promoid=1051

and was wondering if I should go ahead and get it, or wait till it's cheaper or something better pops up.

Thanks for the input

FYI - If it turns out last years board is in fact better, you can always use the Q6600 in that instead of the new one.

Last year I picked up a couple gigs of Corsair xms2 from newegg and it has worked very nicely. Unfortunately I paid $280 with a $40 rebate and now it is $105 with a $40 rebate less than a year later.

Just had a question for those of you who built a bundle around the Retail Edge promotion,

I've still got the bundle from 06' kicking around, and since the Mobo from this year might be worse, I might go ahead and put my new PC together now.

Basically my question is this. I know this Intel Board, the DG965Wh is very picky about what RAM it accepts, and I assume the new board will be in the same boat

I found this online

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=19341&vpn=996527&manufacture=MUSHKIN&promoid=1051

and was wondering if I should go ahead and get it, or wait till it's cheaper or something better pops up.

Thanks for the input

FYI - If it turns out last years board is in fact better, you can always use the Q6600 in that instead of the new one.
While that's pretty tight ram, i would feel completely comfortable using it in the new system too, so there's no reason NOT to get it.
On the other hand, I really don't think that the previously posted microATX board will be in the package. It doesn't make any sense to give us a P35 based board with a Q6600. The extra fsb capabilities would be wasted.
Last year, I got the package but "got rid of" the mobo and bought an Asus P5B Deluxe wifi/ap at a closing CompUsa.

Finally, that ram would be a waste in a DG965wh anyway. The E6300 has a real fsb of 266, so having 400mhz ram is a waste of money.
My recommendation is to(if the package is really a la carte) buy the proc and OS (if you need it) and buy your own board. By that time, the 680i boards will be relatively cheap and the x38's will be out.

intel always seems to give JUNK motherboards with the bundle. you can't complain. just buy another motherboard and build a 2nd cheap system.

i just wish intel would cough up a TOP OF THE LINE motherboard to really impress us. we sell all this stuff for them anyway.

They could at least give us a mid to upper range mobo or the cheap one is going to eBay as I am going to overclock the CPU and need a mobo that can get a high FSB and has at least mid range onboard features. I will also need to buy new ram as my DDR PC4000 won't fit in any of the new stuff as it is DDR2. I am hoping that after I sell my old stuff I will only be spending around $200.

i would definitely love to get a badaxe2. i myself am basically building a new computer based on this pack. i don't much have extra funds to go for another mobo. :(

doubt it will be a badaxe2 though. oh well, heres to hoping. :)

crap i just rememberd the program tonight, i did all the test and maxed out at 7475, i hope there is some october ones that i can get over 8000 to get into this.

i got in on the program about 2-3 years ago when they offered the 3.0 ht chip and mobo and xp pro

i'd be so fucking pissed if it was a badaxe2 and i cant participate since my computer store isn't intel retail edge. I bought mine at almost 220 if they sell the bundle with badaxe2 for 220 i will murder intel.

I can't believe someone with a handle so blatantly obvious of being a recreational smoker would be so hostile.

I can't believe someone with a handle so blatantly obvious of being a recreational smoker would be so hostile.

:D nice one.

Well I guess even not a badaxe2 would be okay. i wish i could get something good though. this is actually my first experience with the retail edge deal, my brother informed me from when he worked at best buy.

The DG965wh was a good board, but unfortunately was rather limited in a gaming sense. I mean, it had plenty of USb and firewire connections, optical audio, PCI express X16 and X1 slots, plus onboard RAID for SATA and PATA drives. Though it lacked OC ability and had finicky ram requirements, it was a good board.

I would not be suprised if they offered it again this year. There's no reason to offer a P35 board. The processor doesn't need it, and with Intel making so many P35's for other vendors, why waste the boards on us?

they should waste boards on us because we are part of their program and we make them cash. LOTS. i sell tons of computers at costco and used to recommend amd. not since the core 2 duo, though. i hope amd can stand tall again, it is amazing how the great have fallen.

but i hope they offer us a badaxe2 or whatever also! sounds like a great board. hope intel is listening.....:)

they should waste boards on us because we are part of their program and we make them cash. LOTS. i sell tons of computers at costco and used to recommend amd. not since the core 2 duo, though. i hope amd can stand tall again, it is amazing how the great have fallen.

but i hope they offer us a badaxe2 or whatever also! sounds like a great board. hope intel is listening.....:)
Don't get me wrong, I would love one of those boards, or even a skulltrail.
And I guess I didn't mean 'waste'... I meant that Intel has a financial and contractual responsibility to their integrators before their low-teir sales people.

And again, I gree with yoru core 2 statement. i was an AMD guy, as far as what I purchased especially, untill the last retail edge bundle. I love my C2D 6300, and I will only be trading it in for the Q6600.

I was going thru some paper work and found my Intel shipment receipt from last year. I received my bundle 3-6-07...I paid for the bundle the minute I could and didn't receive it until 5 months later! I forgot how SLOW this process is...When I finally got my bundle, I was like "shit, the Quads coming out next year" so I gave the board/chip to an under paid friend. I am really excited about the bundle this year...I've bought these parts so far for the new rig.
BOUGHT...
Antec 900 case w/ the two optional fans, Rocket Fish 700 watt PSU, 4 gigs PNY DDR2 800mhz, Asus Silent Knight heatsink, 2x 150gb WD Raptors X to run in RAID0, Sony DRU-810A Optical, Silverstone mfp51 5.25 bay controller panel, Dynex 15-1 mem reader, Veolocity Micro gaming mouse.
LEFT TO BUY...
2x Samsung 22" 226CW, 8800 class GPU, keyboard, Artic Silver ceramic thermal paste, POSSIBLE MOBO (crosses fingers)...Thanks for reading, POST YOUR NEW RIG IDEAS/PARTS!!!:cool:

Antec 900 case w/ the two optional fans, Rocket Fish 700 watt PSU, 4 gigs PNY DDR2 800mhz, Asus Silent Knight heatsink, 2x 150gb WD Raptors X to run in RAID0, Sony DRU-810A Optical, Silverstone mfp51 5.25 bay controller panel, Dynex 15-1 mem reader, Veolocity Micro gaming mouse.
LEFT TO BUY...
2x Samsung 22" 226CW, 8800 class GPU, keyboard, Artic Silver ceramic thermal paste, POSSIBLE MOBO (crosses fingers)...Thanks for reading, POST YOUR NEW RIG IDEAS/PARTS!!!:cool:
Got the same PSU and Case. Love both so far. I would recommend AGAINST going RAID. I did the same with the last bundle, and regretted the decision ever since. Too many errors. I will have to guess you are a fellow BlueShirt...
Anyway, here are the plans:
Antec 900(+1 side fan) with the Rocketfish 700w PSU. 4Gigs of Crucial Ballistix DDR2800, Asus P5B Deluxe Wifi/AP mobo, Zalman 9500 HS/fan, 2x150gb in RAID0 for data, Raptor X for OS, Win Vista Ultimate 64-bit. BFG 8600GTS OC, and a second one if the board they give us is SLI able.... doubtful of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back