samsung 275T

Hey, I hope this has not been covered already, but I think unavailable resolutions are possible with this guide, at least with nvidia.

Tutorial: Adding custom resolutions to Forceware:
http://www.widescreengamingforum.co...2&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

I have a 245T and this was the only way I could get to other 16:10 resolutions. Haven't used 1680x1050, but I just added and tested that res in windows and Portal, both worked. 1600x1024 also worked. (only issue was 1440x900, stretched to full screen in windows but does a 1:1 scaling thing in Portal, aligned to bottom right...your results may vary.)

Hope that helps..

Edit: I'm using the Samsung drivers for this monitor, if that makes any difference. Can't remember if other 16:10 resolutions were available with the plug and play drivers. But definitely no resolutions such as 1600x1024. In fact, I think my original options were 4:3 or 5:4 resolutions, aside from the native 16:10 resolution. Definitely weird..

Hey, I hope this has not been covered already, but I think unavailable resolutions are possible with this guide, at least with nvidia.

Tutorial: Adding custom resolutions to Forceware:
http://www.widescreengamingforum.co...2&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

I was just doing some testing along these lines, although I hadn't seen that particular page. It appears to work, but I've noticed one oddity:

When I use ANY of the "original" resolutions, the monitor's OSD info ALWAYS indicates that it's producing a 1920x1200 image. This makes sense to me since the graphics card is taking care of the scaling, which means that the graphics card takes the original res, scales it to 1920 x1200, and sends it to the monitor. This happens regardless of how I have the "scaling" setting set in the nvidia settings, and regardless of how I have the "Custom Scaling" set in the Custom Resolution settings.

What confuses me is the fact that when I select a "custom" resolution, the monitor always lists this resolution as what it's receiving. Once again this happens regardless of any of the "scaling" settings in the nvidia panel, including the setting in the "custom resolutions" page.

Does anybody know why this would be the case? I've done a LOT of reading on this, but so far I can't find the answer.

Thanks,

Larry

I had the same model. Serious input lag. You go to click start and you have to wait a second for the mouse to catch up. Now imagine playing a game like that.
So irritating I sold it in less than 24 hours.

If that's true on your system (highly unlikely) then my guess is you have problems other than monitor. Some of the comments on this and other forums bashing input lag, or VA, or whatever is just plain nonsense and only serves to frustrate those of us looking for real information. I just bought a Sam 215tw which was bashed worse than any other monitor on input lag. The same things said, oh the mouse doesn't move on screen when you move your hand, one even said text didn't show up at the same time it was typed. BS! My system is about 5 years old, I'm using Logitech optical cordless mouse (USB cord through ps2 adapter) and my mouse moves instantly and as fast as you can move it. My monitor was built April/07 and don't know there were any changes from the beginnings, but my observations of the bashing leads me to believe most of the bashing comes from either those with system problems, those who want to buy the monitor they're bashing at a lower price, those who have CRT "referb's" for sale on E-Bay, or those perhaps that are either paid by OEM's to bash a competitor or perhaps sell a competing model.

I laugh at some of the comments about "pro gamer" (how much does that pay?) and "you must suck at games" bla bla..... what games are you people playing with your mouse, Solitaire? If some of you were being truthful you would be including what controllers you are using and every other detail. Its way too obvious your intent is purely focused on bashing great products, which allows mediocre ones to infiltrate.

Whatever the motivations, the wrong comments waist a lot of our time having to sift through 10 BS messages for 1 that's honest. What doubles the problem is most of the "professional" reviews have a sales click-through motivation.

This is not targeted at shade_star only but all inclusive, but the mouse lag a second comment is preposterous.

Samsung S-PVA panels have the worst input lag Ive ever seen, its the PVA technology and it does exist and it is a problem. You cant say it's BS when its fact, its is a side effect of PVA technology togethor with the aggresive overdrive.

There is no fix and no solution unless your rewrite the laws of physics or samsung scraps PVA alltogether.

I have a Sony XBR2 40" 1920x1080 LCD HDTV. I believe it uses Samsung panel. The input lags are so bad that when playing Guitar Hero III Wii edition or Zapper gun shooting games, the timings were off so much that they were not playable. I missed most of the keys because by the time I saw the note and freted, it was too late. I had to move Wii to a CRT tv to play.

kleox64:

Have you owned this model Samsung?

Ive owned the Dell 2405,and the 2407 (both poor monitors) before giving up on PVA based panels. We had the 275T and 245T at work, both were horendous especially the 245T and this is considering all the hype and delays faced.

Samsung never again.

I have a Sony XBR2 40" 1920x1080 LCD HDTV. I believe it uses Samsung panel. The input lags are so bad that when playing Guitar Hero III Wii edition or Zapper gun shooting games, the timings were off so much that they were not playable. I missed most of the keys because by the time I saw the note and freted, it was too late. I had to move Wii to a CRT tv to play.

You would have to consider the panel lag and also the image processing, Iam guessing at least 6 frames of lag.

Regarding the image lag issue:

Does the Dell 2707 suffer from the same issue? I know it uses the same panel, but it uses different electronics, and the reviews I've seen that mention this subject have said that this issue is not a noticeable problem with the 2707.

On the same subject, how does the 2407 compare to the 275t or 2707 when it comes to this subject? I'm familiar with the 2407 (the original one, not the HC), and even though I may notice a bit of lag, it certainly doesn't strike me as a "deal breaker" in my use. Knowing how the 275t or 2707 compare to the 2407 along these lines would give me a point or reference to how these larger monitors behave. If it doesn't bother me on the 2407, would it also not bother me on the 275t or 2707, or are the larger monitors significantly worse when it comes to lag?

Thanks,

Larry

Larry,

On the previous page RadXge states:

I disagree!

According to http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=31&threadid=2049206&enterthread=y
the 275T input lag (30ms) is lesser than the 2407WFP-HC (29 - 46 - 54).
What is your source of information?

I have been the owner of the 2407 and the 275T and I do not feel any input lag with the 275T. For your information, I use a corded mouse and Vsync is turned off.

For those who are afraid of the Input lag, I suggest to test the 275T for yourself. If you feel the input lag (which is possible but most unlikely) then do not buy it!

I own a Spyder2 and the calibrated colors do not feature a red push.
In fact, this colors are just great.
http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,2170014,00.asp
This is some of the best color temperature tracking we've seen on a PC display. It's a little on the cool side in the dark areas, as most LCDs are, but most LCDs seem to diverge further from the ideal 6500K line than the 275T does.
The RGB color tracking is absolutely fantastic...
We love the gamma adjustment and 6-color hue and saturation control (red, green, blue, cyan, magenta, and yellow).

He has both the 2407wfp and a 275t. I have read several posts that say the hole input lag thing is blown way out of proportion. I am using a 2407wfp (non HC), and I am not having any issues with input lag. As I type this the letters show up as soon as I hit the keys. I really believe that a lot of these guys are blaming the display for other issues in their system.

If you buy a 275t, just make sure you buy from somebody that allows a full return within 2 or more weeks (amazone, B&H Photo and probubly others). Then decide for your self.

I know it is a tough decision, because these damn things cost so much and they effect everything we do.

Dave

There is no input lag issues with this display, all you flamers can go flame somewhere else. You haven't owned this display and if you've used it, only for a short period, your opinion is NULL AND VOID!!

/rant

I play crysis MP just fine on this monitor and if there were any input lag issues, I would definitely notice it.

Imagine you were playing a game where a player model can move from 1 side of your screen to the other in about 1 second. Such player has the ability to alter his direction instantly.

If your only job is to hold down a mouse button and follow him around with a gun that shoots out a lightning bolt 30ms of input lag is going to be a big problem.

I think even casual players would notice it if they were given optimal testing conditions (do the test with a 30ms input lag LCD then do it again on a CRT).

Btw I have no idea about any of these monitors. I just like talking about input lag.

What makes it even worse is that the input lag isn't consistent. You really can't compensate for an amount of lag that's semi-random.

There is no input lag issues with this display, all you flamers can go flame somewhere else. You haven't owned this display and if you've used it, only for a short period, your opinion is NULL AND VOID!!

/rant

I play crysis MP just fine on this monitor and if there were any input lag issues, I would definitely notice it.

LOL.... since no one that owns this monitor or has reviewed it is ever listened to and believed about Input Lag, I guess owners will just have to keep posting that there is no negative effect.

My 275t is coming tomorrow or the next day and I will do a write up or something.

If there is Input lag, and I can feel it and see it I will let you know. I just came off using a Gateway FHD 2400 for 3 weeks, I play tons of COD4 (twitch gaming at its best.) That should be a good comparison.

I will let you know... either way

LOL.... since no one that owns this monitor or has reviewed it is ever listened to and believed about Input Lag, I guess owners will just have to keep posting that there is no negative effect.

My 275t is coming tomorrow or the next day and I will do a write up or something.

If there is Input lag, and I can feel it and see it I will let you know. I just came off using a Gateway FHD 2400 for 3 weeks, I play tons of COD4 (twitch gaming at its best.) That should be a good comparison.

I will let you know... either way

Thank you. I look forward to your VALID OPINION. :p

Larry,

He has both the 2407wfp and a 275t. I have read several posts that say the hole input lag thing is blown way out of proportion.
Dave

multiple systems and multiple displays, the lag is there. Plug in a 3007WFP and its gone... a cinema 23" and its still gone, and LG 245 and its still gone. Switch to the 275T well it go's completly down hill.

I can only comment on my monitor the 215TW, but it was thoroughly bashed by some when it came out and the comments were the same. I bought from an online retailer who offered a 30 day money back without restocking on select models. I did so for this exact reason, if it lagged as bad as some said (or if it had bad pixels) I would send it back. It's staying, it would have been in the box the next day if I had any perceptible lag. I'm not playing any games so if anything shows there I can't answer. I can say this however.....when I played 1080P and 720P video trailer downloads from Microsoft I was able to play them without any problems on my CRT through my ATI file player (Microsoft Media Player had issues with them I've not delved into) but I get dropped frames and audio with the LCD on 1080P but not with 720P. The 1080P has my CPU maxed, 720P 60-70% and no dropouts. Apparently the LCD uses more resources. So could be games are maxing systems so much they are appearing slower on screen, similar to my LCD vs. CRT experience. I noticed even when my CPU was at 100% and video was chopping, my mouse still moved as fast as you could move it. I have no way to measure this and feel no need to, but moving the mouse across the 21" widescreen happens as fast as you can move it without your hand flying off the table, seems less than an sixteenth-eighth-quarter?? second....I know those are big "guesses" may be less actually, my point being it's instant and as fast as you can move it, not anywhere near 1 second and no catch up going on. I have not kept up with architecture of how different chips and card slots work, but I'm wondering if there is a difference in cache, memory usage, or AGP vs. PCIe? I am using AGP 4X, perhaps older is better?

Some interesting comments:
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/other/display/lcd-parameters_7.html

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/other/display/lcd-parameters.html

I played around with the 275T a few months ago,on a E6400 system (no oc) that had a GTX in it,and Q4 installed (not one of my fave games...)

I play through the first two levels.

Input lag seemed eithier non existant,or minimal at best.It was the same or better then my 2470WNX-BK.And I have zero issues with my 24" Nec while gaming,in any game.

Lag has nothing to do with reaction time. The problem with lag is it makes it hard to aim quickly because your movements feel delayed, and what you're seeing on the screen is slightly behind what's actually going on. That's the problem. 50 ms is annoying for me even with normal desktop usage. It makes the computer feel sluggish, like I'm using it over a network connection. I'm really annoyed that Samsung gets away with making laggy monitors just because most people don't notice.

The figure I note for human reaction time is really very optimistic. This is the time it takes for a human to respond to a stimulus. An example would be to see a flash and press a button.

Gaming requires a much more complex reaction. If the stimulus is friendly do nothing, but if it is hostile attack. Further if attack is the appropriate action what type of attack, close range use weapon1, long range use weapon2. If weapon1 is used spray and pray, if weapon 2 is used restrict your self to 3 shot bursts.

In this more complex scenario only those who have conditioned themselves sufficiently will be able to approach the quickest possible voluntary reaction times. Athletes call this muscle memory, for gamers twitch memory might be more appropriate. For the rest of us we are lucky to chose the appropriate action chain with out error let alone do it in less than a second.

The average person is ill equipped to take advantage of a mere 25-50ms. I am not saying that it is not possible for an individual to train themselves to do so. I am stating that for every one person able to do this there are thousands more that will never even come close. For those other thousands input lag means nothing.

All you guys bitching about input lag go and buy a CRT monitor. I bet 99.9% of you dont even have anyone of these monitors and never will. As we enjoy our great monitors you guys can wait for that perfect LCD. Good luck you will need it.

I cant belive the hype that was caused about "input lag"... LOL guys i am a gamer and i dont know what the HELL YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!! This monitor kicks serious ass! I bought it a few months back for 1000 and i would still pay that amount because i love it! i am 28 and my eyes work great i dont notice any lag between this and my old 19" samsung 2ms response time.. I mean im sure there is but nothing i can notice. You guys can throw all the dirt you like on this monitor, but i OWN IT, and i cant say enough good things about it...

I have a Samsung 275T and BenQ FP241WZ. I used to have them placed side by side, and here are my complaints about 275T:

1. No 1:1 pixel mapping. Everything is automatically to widescreen with Full setting, which will be problem if I were to play older non-WS games. The 4:3 setting is to compress a widescreen to 4:3, which will make a regular 4:3 more compressed.

2. Terrible color fidelity or accuracy is a big turn off. Even though 275T claims to have 97% color gamet, it is just simply too red. Everything looks reddish comparing to other monitors including CRT that I have. I have to turn down the red (whatever it is called) setting to 42, even at that I still think the color is off.

3. Bad viewing angles regardless of what it claims. If I stared at the center of screen and about a foot distance away, I noticed the color changes on both sides of screen. Its viewing angle is simply not that good, feel like a TN panel even though it is supposed to be a S-IPS panel I heard.

4. Poor sharpness. When looking at fonts or pixels on the screen, I just feel 275T is not as sharp as FP241WZ (A-MVA panel). 275T just look fizzier, kind like my older Gateway 21" FPD2185W.

5. Input lag. I cannot comment on that because 275T is currently hooked up to older computers just to let my wife playing Sims 2 while I use FP241WZ (2/3 price of 275T) for my extreme gaming with 8800 Ultra.

all have good points
I guess the only one who can give us the right decision is a serious professional really expert CS:S player
I used to play it like 4 hours every day but never played it since about 6 months :(

First the comment above about the 275T looking reddish compared to other monitors. I have a 275T and mine definitely doesn't have that issue. The color on mine is excellent. As for the poor sharpness it isn't really an issue unless you eyeball the LCD from really close. My viewing distance is 75-80cm

FWIW my 275T is made in China.

:)

At what framerate do you run your Crysis MP? IMO, Crysis is not a good test for LCD input lag since most people can only run high settings @ 1920x1200 at less than 30 frames/sec. It is hard to tell if it is slow frame rate, LCD input lag, wireless mouse/keyboard, or slow internet connection (wireless internet would make it worst) ....

So... My old primary gaming monitor is a Gateway 21inch 2185w. Many a night I have thrown up 25-5 etc. kill counts on COD4 and the like. I'm not saying im some leet gamer, just that I have had some regular success while playing (no, not camping lol.)

Ideally I need to get my hands on a CRT and try the following technique but it is a great personal comparison to compare my old monitor to my new one.

Using the following program http://tft.vanity.dk/ I cloned my monitor output to each monitor (see your Nvidia control panel if you do not know what I am talking about) and set them both up on DVI connections. Then I took pictures at a shutter speed of 2000 to determine which monitor was rendering the clock count more quickly.

Here are the results across 10 points (Taken from Canon A570 at 2000 shutter speed)

275t 2185w
:531 :563
:266 :281
:313 :324
:188 :219
:078 :110
:563 :610
:344 :375
:703 :735
:063 :094
:485 :500

Clearly the 275t is rendering the clock count more quickly. (EDIT... It actually seems the 275t is slower than my old gateway) 27ms faster on average.

Some non-binding conclusions - I do not think Input lag matters, or people adjust, or there are more significant factors while playing....

I'll continue to look for a CRT to get more accurate numbers, but I do not think this finding can be completely discarded. please discuss... and I may start my own thread on this matter.

I have a 275T and I chose to get one over waiting for a 3008 WFP. Previous owner of an apple cinema display.

This monitor is PHENOMENAL. I used to have notorious amounts of input lag on crysis @ medium settings. This monitor is as-close to a CRT you'll get. The blacks are ridiculously deep and the purple haze one sees on PVA panels is GONE. This thing is UNREAL.

I am in shock of how great the colours are.

I have a 275T and I chose to get one over waiting for a 3008 WFP. Previous owner of an apple cinema display.

This monitor is PHENOMENAL. I used to have notorious amounts of input lag on crysis @ medium settings. This monitor is as-close to a CRT you'll get. The blacks are ridiculously deep and the purple haze one sees on PVA panels is GONE. This thing is UNREAL.

Any chance you could post some pics of your 275T? I'm deciding between it and its big brother, the 305T.

My 275T is still kind of reddish or purpleish. I had to tune down the red color.

I Previous owner of an apple cinema display.

I used to have notorious amounts of input lag on crysis @ medium settings.

Did you change your GFX card drivers between getting rid of the Apple & receiving the Samsung, or did you compare Crysis on both monitors using the same drivers?

I hope this is isn't some sort of question to see if I'm a noob?
Of course I formatted when I got my new display (I had x64 vista both times) and btw, the Apple doesn't have drivers for x64...

On another note what kind of pictures for this owuld you like? I'm off school as of tomorrow so I'd be HAPPY to take any pictures.

I don't see any reddish purplish on mine RB30. Myabe I have a different hardware rev? I really don't know man. I have looked at this thing from both angles and I've gotten deep black using my panel as the 180/0 degree axis line.

About the 305T decision Mr Wolf. I too had that decision but there is no way the 305T compares to this. I don't use inputs, but this thing has MASSIVE amounts. It has dvi-d, vga, svideo, components and you can PIP the inputs! Isn't that awesome? The 305T doesn't have a 3000:1 DCR (Reviews have said around 1200:1 which I would say is right) or HDCP. It's a gimp compared to this badboy.
I love playing source without adjusting brightness settings now since I can see the dudes camping in a dark place (was very hard to see on my CD) overall I'm very happy

I hope this is isn't some sort of question to see if I'm a noob?
Of course I formatted when I got my new display (I had x64 vista both times) and btw, the Apple doesn't have drivers for x64...

Hah, no :) I was seriously interested in your experience for a couple of reasons:

a) I had some input lag test results change with drivers under Vista64 - Nvidia 169.09 lagged less than 163.44. The difference in Bioshock was incredible, though the frame rate went up massively as well due to the newer driver.

b) I wondered if your perception of lag was due to the display driver or possibly just the step down from 2560x1600 on the ACD to 1920x1200 on the Samsung giving you much improved consistent frame rates.

I had hoped to get a play with a 30" display myself for comparison, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen now :(

McCartney -- Any pics of your 275T running games or open apps would be great. Like you, I don't really care about all those inputs or even PIP. The price difference between the 275T and 305T is about $250, so that's not a concern, either. I think going for a 30" LCD (305T or Dell 3007WFP-HC) is probably better for me over the long haul, but I won't make a final decision until after Christmas.

What is that gateway 2185? A TN panel? That samsung 275t is probably pushing 45-60 input lag = return immediately lol

What is that gateway 2185? A TN panel? That samsung 275t is probably pushing 45-60 input lag = return immediately lol

Well what's worse... The 2185w is a PVA panel... So the aggregate Input lag of this monitor may very well be in that range.

I am going out of town and will certainly be testing this against my brothers CRT. I will test the Gateway then the Samsung against the CRT.

I still can't quite tell if I can "feel" the input lag but it doesn't really matter... If I can prove that it's there then the needs to go. I may A:Try another 275t or B: Wait on the Dell 2708

Ya think Input Lag varies widely between the same monitors? I don't think any of us can say.

While the 275t is crisp and by all rights perfect... the possible Xbrite coating of the Dell would be nice in my room.

Whatever... I'm just an obsessive tech whore

You don't notice the input lag nearly as bad if you use a 400dpi MS mouse clunker.

If you use any real high DPI mouse like a Razer Deathadder or Logitech G9 then you can notice input lag easily.

Well what's worse... The 2185w is a PVA panel... So the aggregate Input lag of this monitor may very well be in that range.

I already posted the link for PRAD's 275T test in the input lag thread you started: http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/review/2007/review-samsung-275t-part9.html#Responsiveness. If you did your own test at 1600x1200 the 275T wasn't at native res & the image processor added a frame of delay that you won't be getting if you game at 1920x1200. It's in line with PRAD. Variations with clone mode do occur due to the display drivers & system configuration.

It you're using Windows XP try running the test again but set the monitor resolutions independently (clone mode can't do this on Vista) If you do get to run the test against a CRT I'm guessing you will see a mean average in the range 33ms-40ms at native res. If it is consistently a lot higher or a lot lower change the monitor specified as secondary/primary, if that makes no difference then start swapping over the DVI port, install a different gfx card driver etc

I still can't quite tell if I can "feel" the input lag but it doesn't really matter... If I can prove that it's there then the needs to go. I may A:Try another 275t or B: Wait on the Dell 2708

Ya think Input Lag varies widely between the same monitors? I don't think any of us can say.

You thought the lag was so low previously it didn't bother you and you're not seeing it consciously, so do you really need to change monitor? The choices are few & far between: 20" LCD20WGX2, 24" LG 246, 26" PX2611W, 30" 3007WFP-HC. For the time being I would assume that the lag of the new Dell 30" (& probably Apple) will be higher the than the current/old 30" models - because new scalers & image processors have been added. There might be a pass-through for native res, but $2000 is a lot to spend just to find out.

I think we can say with absolute certainty that for any given model of monitor the lag will be identical between each & every sample. You're just kidding yourself if you think otherwise. Physics & mathematics doesn't change between monitors, so you would have to have a specific upgrade of the image processing method or panel driver electronics to see a change in the lag.

This is the first I've heard about the Dell 2708. Anyone have more info on it? A Google search just leads to some foreign language sites.

I think it is speculation. It does make sense, because Dell has extended the discount on them twice now. A new version with higher resoluation, display port, and the same scaler chip as the 3008wfp would fit into their lineup nicely. They need something to fill the price leap between the 2408wfp and the 3008wfp. What 2408wfp? That has to happen to make the styling consistent and to deal with the inverse ghosting issue in current models.

Needless to say it is all speculation, but it is really just a matter of when.

Dave

I think it is speculation. It does make sense, because Dell has extended the discount on them twice now. A new version with higher resoluation, display port, and the same scaler chip as the 3008wfp would fit into their lineup nicely. They need something to fill the price leap between the 2408wfp and the 3008wfp. What 2408wfp? That has to happen to make the styling consistent and to deal with the inverse ghosting issue in current models.

Needless to say it is all speculation, but it is really just a matter of when.

Dave
I'll keep looking for info on the 2708. If it's as you describe I'd be interested in it. Thanks!

If you did your own test at 1600x1200 the 275T wasn't at native res & the image processor added a frame of delay that you won't be getting if you game at 1920x1200. It's in line with PRAD. Variations with clone mode do occur due to the display drivers & system configuration.

It you're using Windows XP try running the test again but set the monitor resolutions independently (clone mode can't do this on Vista) If you do get to run the test against a CRT I'm guessing you will see a mean average in the range 33ms-40ms at native res. If it is consistently a lot higher or a lot lower change the monitor specified as secondary/primary, if that makes no difference then start swapping over the DVI port, install a different gfx card driver etc

You thought the lag was so low previously it didn't bother you and you're not seeing it consciously, so do you really need to change monitor?

I have been doing clones at 1920x1200... which might add a frame to the 21in Gateway. All this is really semantic... I need to get both monitors against a CRT and will do so soon after the holiday.

I'll do a write up... I have been taking notes and am not new to isolating variables... I hope you guys will help me think of things I have missed.

As it stands... through multiple variations of primary and secondary positions combined with driver changes (169.13, 162.18, 169.21(beta and whql), I'm seeing the Samsung slower by 32ms-21ms. Have even tried different DVI cables and doing things like removing the ICC profile.

The CRT will be a better subject.

As far as "feel" .... Why not eliminate all one can, but I do know what you mean..

Thanks Ian

I have been doing clones at 1920x1200... which might add a frame to the 21in Gateway. All this is really semantic... I need to get both monitors against a CRT and will do so soon after the holiday.

I'll do a write up... I have been taking notes and am not new to isolating variables... I hope you guys will help me think of things I have missed.

As it stands... through multiple variations of primary and secondary positions combined with driver changes (169.13, 162.18, 169.21(beta and whql), I'm seeing the Samsung slower by 32ms-21ms. Have even tried different DVI cables and doing things like removing the ICC profile.

The CRT will be a better subject.

As far as "feel" .... Why not eliminate all one can, but I do know what you mean..

Thanks Ian

Are you happy with the screen for PC gaming as is NOW ? If so,why bother with all this stuff.

Can i hook this monitor up to my older video card (ATI 9600 Pro) to display 1920 X 1600? My video card only has one DVI out.

TIA

Ok... so i wasn't going to haul the 275t over to my families house but I did bring the gateway 2185 and tested it against the CRT (cloned at 1024x768, ATI card, both on VGA connections) and the gateway was on average 23ms slower than the CRT.

If I tack on the difference between the Gateway and the 275t...then the 275t has input lag at best of 44ms and at worst 54ms...

I will bring the CRT home and directly test the 275t...

Thoughts?

Back