Samsung XL2370

Thanks for the pictures they look absolutely fantastic, particularly 10151

It's really funny, I've read a thread tonight where someone complain the image on this monitor looked washed out...how could you possibly be dissatisfied with the quality of these images, simply fab!

Thanks for the screen shots appreciated.

Finally got around to cleaning my desk and taking some pictures of the setup:
SDC10155.JPG

Fantastic looking pic man, do you mind me asking where you got your Fringe desktop from?

Also, does anyone here have the slightest morsel of information on when this is going to release in Canada, or for that matter at any retailer in the USA other than Best Buy? Samsung has been cockteasing me with this goddamn thing for the last year, has kept delaying it, and then when I finally get a release date of October 12th and I'm ready to whip out my wallet, I can't buy it from anywhere that ships to Canada. I missed an opportunity when there were 2 sellers on ebay a couple days after it released at Best Buy who would've shipped worldwide, but I passed it up because they were charging $75 over retail plus shipping, and I assumed by the time it got to my house and spent too much money, it would have wide released already. I was too optimistic. I hope so much that I can get my hands on it before Modern Warfare 2 comes out on November 10th.

I've been google searching "XL2370" under "Last 24 hours" every day for the last month, and recently I've been looking at alternative monitors because it seems ridiculous to be so attached to this thing, but then all the time I've spent waiting to get it would have been pointless, and it really is the best looking and performing monitor under $400.

Bestbuy just bumped the price to 380!

Yeah, I've been checking on the price regularly and noticed the $80 price jump.

I hope they bring it back down to at least $300 or lower during the holiday sales.

This is still my front runner LCD to replace my aging Dell 2005fpw.

I picked one up yesterday before the price increase. Got it for my fiancee, I was tired of seeing her crappy monitor (a Dynex lcd/TV, wtf).

Excellent quality. The sleep issue is annoying though. I see it switching between the different inputs until it annoys me enough to get up, go over to her desk and turn the monitor off.

Fantastic looking pic man, do you mind me asking where you got your Fringe desktop from?

I can't access it from work, but Google Lifehacker Desktop Pool it's a group on Flickr -- Start going back about a months worth and it was some guy on there who created it.

Thanks for the pictures they look absolutely fantastic, particularly 10151

It's really funny, I've read a thread tonight where someone complain the image on this monitor looked washed out...how could you possibly be dissatisfied with the quality of these images, simply fab!

Thanks for the screen shots appreciated.

No problem, thanks for the compliments

haha wow, I can't believe BBY is pricing it at that. It must be a mistake though. That's ridiculously steep.

I remember when the P2370 first showed up on the website, it was priced at $469.99. It was changed within a day or so.

Yup they jacked it up. just got home from going there. saw the price and talked to a manager, new price tag was printed this morning. greedy bastiches

Does anyone have a link to official word from Samsung that this will see release beyond BBY in November?

God I also hope it's "early November".

I picked one up yesterday before the price increase. Got it for my fiancee, I was tired of seeing her crappy monitor (a Dynex lcd/TV, wtf).

Excellent quality. The sleep issue is annoying though. I see it switching between the different inputs until it annoys me enough to get up, go over to her desk and turn the monitor off.
Ritorix - Unless you are using the HDMI connection, you can get sleep mode to work by changing Auto Source to Manual in the OSD Menu. Earlier in this thread, someone stated that if you use HDMI, this doesn't work. I'm using DVI for now, and the sleep mode works fine.

2408 with RGB LED backlight exists and it does bring a noticeable improvement to color quality. Looking at the CCFL 2370 you should see a difference as well.

White LED's are the more affordable choice and bring:
A more steady color quality from which better color filters can be designed.
If it's a full matrix with local dimming you get improved contrast in certain scenarios.
CCFL's change color over time, which most people adapt to and do not notice, till they place a new monitor next to it and notice those "dingy whites" which can be either a factor of a badly calibrated or designed panel, or simply a slow decaying of the CCFL materials.
LED backlights have a vastly superior lifetime, which in addition to not changing color much over that lifetime, leads to a very high quality product when properly done.

Just a few points to note.

Anyone complaining about it continually cycling through the inputs, here is how to set the source to manual:

Menu
Setup&Reset
Scroll to Auto Source
Select Manual

Now sleep mode will work fine no matter what input you use. If you want to change inputs later, the input selection button on the monitor is the same as the select button; it changes the input when the menu is not up.

Anyone complaining about it continually cycling through the inputs, here is how to set the source to manual:

Menu
Setup&Reset
Scroll to Auto Source
Select Manual

Now sleep mode will work fine no matter what input you use. If you want to change inputs later, the input selection button on the monitor is the same as the select button; it changes the input when the menu is not up.
It might work when monitor connect with DVI but not with HDMI, at least for mine it is not work. Set to manual just let monitor not to detect another input but not let sleep mode work fine when connect to computer through HDMI.

Last edited:
I've heard little passing comments in a few places of the HDMI connection on the XL being a bit wonky. Is this actually confirmed or was it just these people's computer settings making their video look blurry?

I don't understand why the HDMI would look any different from the DVI connection since video wise they are identical, but some people were saying that the HDMI for some reason looked worse than when they connected their PC through DVI, but they were very vague as to how exactly it looked worse. For example, if any of you connect an Xbox 360 or Ps3 to the HDMI port, or to the DVI port with an HDMI-DVI cable, do you notice any difference that shouldn't be there?

The result of connecting through HDMI (non-native) is underscan and blurry text. Other monitors work fine through HDMI, so it must be something unique to this monitor.

Ok I am getting really confused!?

Can someone tell me for sure if this monitor hooking up to DVI will go to sleep after there is no signal to the monitor if auto source is turned off?

My monitor is hooked up to DVI. It goes into power save when it's not receiving a signal

Ok I am getting really confused!?

Can someone tell me for sure if this monitor hooking up to DVI will go to sleep after there is no signal to the monitor if auto source is turned off?

Mine is hooked up through DVI, and it will also go to sleep when put on Auto Source: Manual.

The result of connecting through HDMI (non-native) is underscan and blurry text. Other monitors work fine through HDMI, so it must be something unique to this monitor.

There is setting in the monitors menu to change from av to pc. Not home to look but I think it is under setup. I had the same problem.

Just a heads up I was reading the Best Buy ad for this week from my local paper and they have it advertised as $299.99 so I guess that was just a temporary jump in price for whatever reason.

Could you explain this issue more?

Would this happen using a PS3 with the monitor?

Also, How does this compare to other samsung monitors such as the T240? is it worth the extra money? Is this the best samsung monitor in this price range?

Last edited:
How quickly does the XL2370 poll at boot? Are you able to see the bios boot screen?
I had an Acer 23 H233H for about 4 months and decided to sell it because the screen didn't come on until Windows began to load.

Is this something that is common with LCD's 23+?

How quickly does the XL2370 poll at boot? Are you able to see the bios boot screen?
I had an Acer 23 H233H for about 4 months and decided to sell it because the screen didn't come on until Windows began to load.

No problems here. I see bios boot screen all the time.

Auto Source = Manual

any updates from people who own this monitor? looking to get a 23-24" monitor for gaming and wondering if this is my best option for picture quality/speed

My H233H comes on at the BIOS screen. In fact I'd say it's the smartest monitor I've ever had in terms of detecting/switching sources and going into/out of standby mode.

how's this monitor holding up with you guys? I can't decide between the xl2370, p2570, p2570hd..

I'm lost now I have no idea what to get at this point.. sigh.. wonder how the asus vw246h is compared to this

I don't trust these professional reviews. I got mine, the last one from Best Buy yesterday. It's beautiful. You need to calibrate first. Go to bestbuy.com and read the reviews from the actual users. All of say 5 stars.

"Don't trust professional reviews - trust people who don't have any sort of measuring equipment, never saw anything other than a TN, and complain when monitors aren't wide gamut"...?

Never trust user reviews. People have absolutely no clue what they are talking about. You could smear their monitors with shit and they'd think it's an awesome anti-glare coating.

Any chance of more people posting their settings for this monitor? Tried the 2 posted earlier in thread and played around with it myself but I keep thinking its to bright. I can ofc dial down the brightness real low but then I get the feeling I loose out on detail.

Back