Sceptre x22wg-Gamer 22" LCD

sparks said:
the $329 if for members only...its 15% more for non members is that correct? BUT costco has the best return policy in the biz......does it apply to non member purchases as well?
No, not 15%. Here's a quote straight from Costco's own website: "Non-members will be charged a 5% surcharge over the member's posted product prices (except for prescription drugs and gift certificates)." As for returns, you can take back any item you bought from them online to any one of their 400+ warehouse stores nationwide. :)

CoastalEddy, can you tell me what NVIDIA driver version you have that automatically recognizes the Sceptre 22? Thanks

makots said:
CoastalEddy, can you tell me what NVIDIA driver version you have that automatically recognizes the Sceptre 22? Thanks
I had to do some looking, but think I found it. Pretty sure it was version 4.0.1 (created Sept 9, 2006).

CoastalEddy, do you have a url or a download link for these? Are these Linux drivers I am looking for Nvidia Forceware drivers. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

makots said:
CoastalEddy, do you have a url or a download link for these? Are these Linux drivers I am looking for Nvidia Forceware drivers. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
I just went to NVidia's Site. This is the Download Drivers link. Also, it may be helpful to check out the website of who actually made your graphics card. Here is the Add-In Card Support List.

wow this looks like the perfect monitor i been looking for to play my xbox 360 and use as a pc screen. it has the inputs that make it overall great. the only thing as mention above is that costco does not have it on there website and i wouldn't mind ordering it through them online as you can return it easily as with newegg and tiger direct there policy is kind of stupid because if i pay money for something i don't want no dead or stuck pixels.

Another question for anyone out there. Does this matter support 1080p through the HDMI port? I might be getting a Playstation 3 in the near future and I am wondering if it will support this resolution. By the way, the XBox 360 looks great on this monitor. Thanks

Can you give more detail about how it looks great with Xbox 360? What VGA output are you using from 360? 1360x768? Are you stretching it to fit full screen (a little stretching from 16:9 to 16:10), or are you keeping it 1:1? Do you notice any ghosting? More importantly, do you notice any input lag? Are the colors washed out at all?

It would be great to know more specifics about the performance with 360, since I am considering buying this mainly for 360 use, along with my laptop.

Yes, I am using the 1360x768 resolution via VGA with a 1:1 mapping. Gears of War is excellent at this res on this monitor.

Thanks. Have you tried making it full screen? Does it look bad/have input lag problems?
I want to know this because with 1:1, the image should only be around 17", which is kinda small (Is this size accurate?). But if there are problems with scaling it, I can live with the smaller size.

Anyone know how Neweggs return policy is? I'm hoping Costco sticks theirs back up soon, but I'm not banking on it.

aeonrevolution said:
Anyone know how Neweggs return policy is? I'm hoping Costco sticks theirs back up soon, but I'm not banking on it.
You need 8 dead pixels to return your monitor. :(

Of all the reviews / posts on LCD monitors, this one has really caught my eye. I ilke the HD support and the HDMI input and I like the fact that one can do 1:1 scaling with non-widescreen games. I would be using this monitor with my gaming machine (specs in sig). I have a question about resolutions and refresh rates that I hope some owners could answer:

- Can this monitor do 1360x768 and 1600x1200? At what refresh rates can these resolutions run at?

- When using 1:1 scaling, is this done through the OSD of the monitor or through the vid card driver cp?

Thanks!

The 1:1 ratio is controled by the OSD on the monitor. Ive been able to scale down to pretty much every resolution without errors but I have only tested higher then native resolutions @ 1920×1080 that was through my xbox360. I just tested out 1600×1200 and it does work but my clear type had to be reconfigured to make it look decent. I would stick with the native resolution being the screen has a 16:10 aspect ratio.

Thanks. I was concerned about 1360x768 or 16x12. My concern there was more about gaming. For desktop and watching movies, I would use the native resolution. I'm just not sure about gaming. Right now, I run my 21" Sony 500PS at 16x12 for most games and to get the frame rate up on some, I'll use 1360x768. All games are run generally at max settings. I bought my daughter a 19" widescreen for Xmas and was playing around with that for a bit. It was a 5ms TN panel. The native resolution 1440x990 (?) was alright, but I could also get the 1360x768 and games were alright at 1280x1024. I find that the lowest resolution I really want to go is 1360x768. I get more out of the vid card at that minimum resolution than any of the <1368x760 resolutions.

Before I bought anything, I was concerned that the native resolution of the 22" Sceptre, 1680x1050, might start to choke my vid card a bit. I do like the 22" size and the extra connectors make sense. I may get my daughter a console eventually and the HDMI would come in handy. I also like the idea of being able to purchase local at Costco. From what I have gathered here, Costco has a zero dead pixel policy? You can't beat that.

the LCD has matte coating.

DSC_0055.JPG

ah, backlight bleeding. This shot is closest to what I was seeing; the bleeding isn't terrible, but it is definitely noticeable, especially on 16:9 content. For <$400 I'm willing to forgive this, but that's just me.

Is that a normal amount of bleeding for this monitor? I was heavily expecting to buy the SCEPTRE, but damn, that can't possibly be normal! That would drive me crazy.

yea, seems to be... its the reason im not picking it up... or maybe any of the 22" monitors..

Nah, his was just bad. Other pictures i've seen look no where near as that bad

So one person says that amount of bleed is normal, others say it's a bad monitor -- so which is it? My anal self wouldn't be able to deal with bleeding like that.

Edit: Probably the first time I've ever used "anal" and "bleeding" in the same sentence and been talking about technology.

If you buy it at Costco, it seems that if you are unhappy with it for any reason, they will take it back and refund your money. I need to look further into Costco's return policy. After reading this forum for a bit, I have come to the conclusion that when buying a LCD, buying local is best and if you are not satisfied, return it. Unfortuantely, LCD technology is not like CRT's. Generally, if you bought a Trinitron flat CRT, you would have a real good idea of what you were getting sight unseen. With LCD's it's a bit different.

I just purchased this LCD from Newegg.

Anyone know how it looks with comcast HD programming through HDMI?

How does 1080 look.

I know that its resolution is 1680 x 1050, so how does it display 1080i and 1080p formats?

Will this monitor run 1080p through VGA with the xbox360? I have never run above the 1368 resolution with the 360. Just curious

Hey, any owners of the model mind giving a little review of their opinions. I think I might bite the bullet soon, just wanna get some more opinions.
Thanks

just got them out of the box, working on putting together a new desk setup. so far they mount well, will post more pics as i get the project finished.

sstonep.jpg

wow.. nice clean setup.. I love the ultra thin border of that lcd.

Oh man, dude you made my day. Can't wait to see what it looks like when they're both fired up.
cheers

I just bought this monitor of Newegg.com today and i am excited to be getting it........the only thing i should have looked at more is the backlight bleeding......

from some pictures i see on these pages i see that the backlight bleeding is horrible and i am kinda regreting buying this puppy for that reason!!!

can anyone telll me anything different or anything to encourage that the bleeding is not as horrific as i am making it sound?

some pictures on here are decent..... others are//////ughhhh/// horrible with bleeding!!

Well after a good bit of testing (I've had it for a couple weeks now), I've drawn some conclusions about mine.

1. The stand sucks...just plain worthless...if you want this monitor you should factor in the cost of a decent stand as well.
2. There is about half an inch of back light bleed at the bottom...none at the top.
3. Virtually no difference (that i could tell) after calibrating with a pantone huey.
4. No ghosting.
5. Just wanted to iterate again that this stand really sucks.

Sailindawg said:
Phelptwan, knowing this, would you buy this monitor again?
I didn't buy it the first time. I got it as a christmas present. I personally would wait until the LG 22" monitor comes out to make a decision. But if the LG was similar quality to the rest of the 22"ers on the market I'd probably still buy the sceptre do to the great range of inputs.

I'd probably still buy the sceptre do to the great range of inputs.

That's what has my attention. One more question, can your panel do 1920x1200 (16:10 pulldown)? and if it can at what refresh rate?

Sailindawg said:
That's what has my attention. One more question, can your panel do 1920x1200 (16:10 pulldown)? and if it can at what refresh rate?
Haven't tried yet...

is anyone positive that the monitors with a lot of black light bleeding arent just defective?

i ordered this and if it is defective i might want to cancel the order!!

does anyone think i should cancel the order and go with some other monitor?

and what is this i hear about input lag?

If you bought it from CostCo you can return it for a new one virtually as much as you want til you get one you're happy with.

Thats where I got mine.

Its been sitting 4 miles away in a UPS warehouse since Friday :mad: Its slated to get here tomorrow

Can anyone post some high res shots of the screen running the PS3 with some games and blu-ray movies

Thanks

Back