screens of HL2 ?

Betauser said:
did i call you stupid? stfu if you dont have any nice thing to say. did i say half life 2 sux? it was my observation from the pics! like i said, i will buy the game and judge it.. it's an opinion and there's no stupid opinion. so dont call me stupid b4 i call you names too.. if i offended you, i'm sorry. it's my opinion, you shouldn't take it personally.

Calm down there, buddy. My post was just a joke, and I thought that was pretty obvious. I guess next time I'm being the least bit jokey I'll needs to include plenty of :D :p

Dijonase said:
Calm down there, buddy. My post was just a joke, and I thought that was pretty obvious. I guess next time I'm being the least bit jokey I'll needs to include plenty of :D :p

I apologize, i didnt know it was a joke :( but im still getting this game in 2-3 days (have to wait till everyone is finish dloading from steam) and will post some pics here as well..

fallguy said:
HL2-4.jpg

i keep seeing that wierdo tall black tower there... what is it?

When you first go outside in the courtyard, its straight out from the door. So far, if Im in the open anywhere outside, you can find it. Im not sure what it is, probably has to do with the game though, like the main headquarters or something.

I had to drop my AA down to 2, ugh. Anyway, I see a blue tower, like this one:
d1_canals_060001.jpg

Scenery:
d1_canals_060000.jpg

Oh, and do you see what I see?

d1_canals_120008.jpg

Shane said:
is it just me???? but the graphics are nothing great ... reminds me of call of duty lol anyways just another boring 3d shooter nothing new....

you have to see the game in action, it is beautiful, very crisp, very life like, great graphics IMO

SomeFknGuy said:
out of curiosity, are you color blind or am i? i see a blue tower???

:D guess it's me... it is indeed blue when i look at it there... but i recall seeing it black... somewhere...

anyway... what is it? does anyone know?

Brent_Justice said:
you have to see the game in action, it is beautiful, very crisp, very life like, great graphics IMO

yeah the graphics are great in motion - extremely realistic. actually there have been a few times when i've looked at a scene and thought that it looked almost completely real - almost eerie. the wall and floor textures are excellent for this.

jeff

looks better in motion and very smooth on my 9800 pro, 3ghz, 1 gig ram:

1152*XXX, AA of, AF8x, all settings to max:
d1_trainstation_010000.jpg

d1_trainstation_010001.jpg

d1_trainstation_010002.jpg

d1_trainstation_010003.jpg

d1_trainstation_010004.jpg

d1_trainstation_010005.jpg

d1_trainstation_010006.jpg

d1_trainstation_020011.jpg

d1_trainstation_050026.jpg

d1_trainstation_040021.jpg

d1_trainstation_050043.jpg

d1_trainstation_060046.jpg

d1_trainstation_050042.jpg

d1_trainstation_060044.jpg

d1_trainstation_050028.jpg

d1_trainstation_010009.jpg

d1_trainstation_050035.jpg

d1_trainstation_020018.jpg

d1_trainstation_020014.jpg

starhawk said:
:D guess it's me... it is indeed blue when i look at it there... but i recall seeing it black... somewhere...

anyway... what is it? does anyone know?

i was wrong... it is a blue tower. but wtf is it?

starhawk said:
i was wrong... it is a blue tower. but wtf is it?

The epicenter of what seems so far to be slowly moving outward, envloping all that is encompesses.

Elios said:

this was taken @ 1280x1024 Max settings 4xAA 8xAF

edit: that was with FRAPS too that no. in the top right is the frame rate on my Rig XD 111FPS XDDDD~~~

Is it me or is Morgan Freeman in almost every movie and now he has moved to video games. :p

PEandS1Ws said:
Is it me or is Morgan Freeman in almost every movie and now he has moved to video games. :p

thats not Morgan Freeman's voice in the game.

its that one guy that played the witch doctor in the movie Outbreak with Dustin Hoffman and Rene Russo.

we dont know wtf it is yet... its part of the plot.... what is assumed from step one though is that it is the controle center

d1_canals_060001.jpg

d1_canals_060003.jpg

d1_eli_010012.jpg

d1_eli_010013.jpg

d1_town_010014.jpg

sry I didnt take lots of picture even though I went much more farther in the game but there is so much action, no time to hit F5 :D

would love to see a piccie of the gravity gun firing... if anyone happens to grab one, it would be cool.

big tower = The Citadel

Its the Combine HQ / Main Building Thing

This game is blowing me awayyyyy :eek:

i'm up to Ch. 11 Anticitizen One, prolly gunna finish it up tomorrow, can't wait to see what happens next. <3 HL²

what happens in the citadel?

and how did the aliens get here this time? (wasn't it a portal or something the first time?)

i have a quick question... y do I have a Q in the middle of my reticule? that is the only thing pissing me off so far about the game... it may be an option i accidentally set, but don't think so...

Here's some shots, up through Ravenholm. Click for bigger images, natch.

Man, I still haven't taken the time to take a lot of screenshots, but I'll load up some of the save games I set aside to get some shots for you guys. Can't remember what chapter I'm on, but I've got through the beach on the buggy and shot down the gunship on the mountain pass already, trying to get across that bride with the laser fence on it. :p

Back in a bit with pics. :cool:

Ugh...looking at these good screens makes me want my 6800 back *so* much it's not even funny. :(

Back