Should I Keep Doom 3

SPIDEI2MAN

Weaksauce
I have an unopened DOOM 3 game right in front of me..but I don't want to open it becsause I spent my last 60$ on it.

Now if the game was garunteed to work on my comp, id be playing right now BUT...here are my system specs...

2.8 celeron
ATI Radeon 9000 IGP (64 mb shared)
512 mb RAM
JBL pro sound

(this is a laptop)

KEEP THE GAME OR RETURN IT!!!!!!!

SPIDEI2MAN said:
I have an unopened DOOM 3 game right in front of me..but I don't want to open it becsause I spent my last 60$ on it.

Now if the game was garunteed to work on my comp, id be playing right now BUT...here are my system specs...

2.8 celeron
ATI Radeon 9000 IGP (64 mb shared)
512 mb RAM
JBL pro sound

(this is a laptop)

KEEP THE GAME OR RETURN IT!!!!!!!

Well it should work but slowly i'm thinking... Ur specs aren't bad but ur video card! :eek:

Donate it to some victims of violence home or something. They'll love it!

After watching a very similar laptop like you have chug and freeze while using iTune's visual styler, i'd say sell it.

I would say it will be very slow because you have a celeron and radeon 9000. Your processor will slow it down majorly

Why would you spend you last $60 on a stupid game? :rolleyes:
Return the game, and save your cash.

Cheers,

so you buy games first and then go home and ponder if they'll run on your computer when you get home? :confused:

Sell it before you open it so that you can still get your money back. That Celeron and video card won't be up to the task unless you enjoy playing a slide show of Doom 3. ;)

smallest res, but it still looks great, lemme get you a screen shot.

Diablo said:
smallest res, but it still looks great, lemme get you a screen shot.
ok...and also what happens when u make it 800x600 and make it low settings..can you try that too for me?

I took it up to 800x600 no problems what so ever still on medius settings and looks even better. Still on medium with aa & af on too. Wow is all I gotta say. The only problem i have ever had was a freeezing once in the lapha labs for 5 seconds, this happned once and it was becasue of I think a game glitch (i jumped on to the beam shooter thingy while shooting my gun, still getting great playable fps !!!! :) Im loving this game. no need to upgrade my sstem yet either w00t !!

!!!!!!!!!!!!doom3ondialobsspecs.jpg

Thwere are better looking places as well, + im using the later series of nvidia's new drivers, the ones before the last update, so all features are there that are possible.

I am sure the game will work just fine however I don't know if the laptop TFT will be that great for the game. The game is very dark after all.

Diablo said:
Thwere are better looking places as well, + im using the later series of nvidia's new drivers, the ones before the last update, so all features are there that are possible.

ok so tell me one more time...my 9000 IGP will play the game for sure???

You do have all the requirements. Radeon 9000 is listed on the box. Keep it. Enjoy it. Play it again with a better computer later. It'll be like two games. :)

OldPueblo said:
You do have all the requirements. Radeon 9000 is listed on the box. Keep it. Enjoy it. Play it again with a better computer later. It'll be like two games. :)

Ok.!

You should be able to play it, maybe at 800x600 with medium or 640x480 high. I'm running it at 800x600 with high on my PC and it runs great.

UPDATE..IM RUNNING THIS GAME ON HIGH IN 800X600 AT FPS OF 35 muahahahah!!!!!!

so awesome!!!

Heh, he just needed a little shove. We've all played the rationalization game and thanked the almighty when our buddies "gave us the go ahead."

OldPueblo said:
Heh, he just needed a little shove. We've all played the rationalization game and thanked the almighty when our buddies "gave us the go ahead."

haha yep yes indeed wow a 9000 igp is capable of alot hehe...

turn down all the settings and i think you have more then enough to run it, i was afraid my system wasnt going to like it because of the 512mb of ram i have, but it runs flawlessly at high quality, no AA, 1024x768 res.

Btw, i did play it at medium settings and it still looked incredible.

Back