Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

It is infact all one desk.... lol it comes apart into 2, but then you would have to buy it whole anyway. As for where it came from... I dont know:( I got it from some friends that i helped move (perk). Sor I couldn't be more helpful. Althought to look on the bright side it isent the greatest made desk on earth... fiber board, but it looks and functions ok.

Bought it from a friend who upgraded to a 226bw sammy. The glossy coating takes some patience though. Nec 1765. 1 column of pixels stuck on a greenish gray colour on the left side but I rarely notice it anymore.

lcdlitdw2.jpg

lcddarkqn1.jpg

monitorscullyrp0.jpg

fullroomshotry3.jpg

Quick question..
How did you place the task bar to upper side?

The other day I was digging for it, and still no idea... Cannot believe I have used Windows xp for 7 years now.. :)

you just right click taskbar, click on the "lock taskbar" ONLY if it has a check next to it. Then u just drag it up to the top

Quick question..
How did you place the task bar to upper side?

The other day I was digging for it, and still no idea... Cannot believe I have used Windows xp for 7 years now.. :)

Right click the taskbar and deselect "lock the taskbar." Then simply left click it and drag it to the top of your screen. Once you've done that relock it again and you're set!

Came like that, from IKEA.

That blue thing is a blower type fan...on top of it is the mic for my fileserver.

Thanks,I just threw out my old desks,and bought two of these for 29 Cdn each,great deal,and can take a fair bit of wieght as well.I plan on finishing them off this weekend
when I get some time,with a light varnish.They make good computer desks on the cheap. :eek: Took only a few minutes to put them together,they even came with all the tools I needed do it.

Are those 24" or 30" monitors and without prying into your life, what do you us the server for? Great looking key board and what make is it? Great looking set up!

ocki, I know ur deep into HDDs but I gotta say what a blessing it's been to use swappable HDDs . I use SATA Backplane as do you in your personal machine--at least it looks like you have two in there.

After having it setup like this, life is easy.

Ockie are those 30s? what do you do for $$$?

It has to be a good job or else he wouldn't be able to afford these stuff. I just don't understand why people always ask what they do in order to afford these stuff. Do you really want to emulate him?

it's not really a question, more like, wow you must be well in life.:)

It has to be a good job or else he wouldn't be able to afford these stuff. I just don't understand why people always ask what they do in order to afford these stuff. Do you really want to emulate him?

True to a point, but a lot of people who love tech devote most of their free resources to that from what I've noticed..or he's single income with no wife/gf/kids :-p

True to a point, but a lot of people who love tech devote most of their free resources to that from what I've noticed..or he's single income with no wife/gf/kids :-p

w00t. thats my situation :D. i have about 1,000 a month to devote to tech if i so wish :). and i will for a few more months then i think i'll have enough junk to make me happy :D

A thread like this definitely brew jealousy. It's annoying reading those type of comments and questions. I'm glad that I'm not the only one that notice those comments and questions. I think if some of these people are really that jealous and want to have what some of these people have then they should go out and seek a better job or go through a higher level of education.

I definitely can't afford what some of the people here have. I do have a good excuse and that is I'm still in university. I'm not afraid to admit that, but I'm confident that in under five years time, I will be able to have what some of these people have. I definitely won't let my jealousy get the worst out of me and make inappropriate comments.

Eh, its a work in progress. Gateway 24'' on an articulating mount, Macbook Pro, blah blah. Since this pic I've cleaned it up a ton and stealthed all the wires so I'll add that post in a bit.

It sorta bugs me to see how many comments and how few pictures there are here these days.

Also features my OSX running, super hacked AppleTV, my HTC TyTN and other goodies. Spot them all and win a prize!

img0002xq4.jpg

Clean (not a great pic though)

img0017rw5.jpg

USB cord for phone was run along custom brackets along the underside of the bezel of the desk, Macbook Pro cords (sound, 2 usb, magsafe and dvi) were stealthed against the Elevator stand. And I moved the HD595's around the corner towards the bed.

Clean (not a great pic though)
USB cord for phone was run along custom brackets along the underside of the bezel of the desk, Macbook Pro cords (sound, 2 usb, magsafe and dvi) were stealthed against the Elevator stand. And I moved the HD595's around the corner towards the bed.
Im sure it looks clean when your sitting there, but it looks like you might get your feet tangled in that mess of wires on the floor. Other than that it looks nice!

Ockie are those 30s? what do you do for $$$?

They are 3007's, so yes, 30". I work for the largest bankrupted company in the world, lol.

it's not really a question, more like, wow you must be well in life.:)

Well thanks. This is my main hobby so I tend to focus on it more than the others.

to think, I used to use credit cards.

None used here.

I have a wife, and trust me, she slows the funds down dramatically :( Here is a tip, if you want to devote yourself to comptuers and tech, then don't marry! lol.

Just got my desk mount LCD bracket, I gotta do some cable managing but that's about it ^_^

[/IMG]

Damn, you got some balls mounting that weight to your glass desk on such a small area.

Damn, you got some balls mounting that weight to your glass desk on such a small area.

Don't worry, I've stressed tested it, and confirmed the weight limit on the desk ^_^ And if it breaks. Well, lets just say I get to buy a bigger sturdier desk :D

I thought the same thing about that glass desk. I love those LCD arms though. I have three of them. Two doubles and one quad. Best arms on the market.

Don't worry, I've stressed tested it, and confirmed the weight limit on the desk
The weight limit of the table means nothing if it's all focussed in one small area - I know I would never risk that much pressure on a piece of glass!

Back