Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Another similarity we have is that our desk is the same..:)

Yes, I too have a GALLANT series from IKEA..:)

As you can see from that picture, I had added 2 extension to make the table even longer..

Did you add any extension to it??
My Galant is exactly setup as yours except my wood is medium brown. :)

As you can see from that picture, I had added 2 extension to make the table even longer..

You can just see the lines in my picture but I do have the extensions as well. I have one on both ends to make it way longer. Infact, I think we both have the same extensions in the same places for the exact same desk down to the legs!

i just found this. it looks ideal for me. i think im going to invest in this as soon as i can. the desk i have now is ok but this more to my taste and has more room. cant believe i never found this before....

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S29807035

sorry for all the questions but how do you like your IKEA desk. how is the quality, and its it very sturdy. does it feel flimsy at all. the desk i have now i bought from office depot. it looks cool and ive been asked a bunch of times where i got it. i only paid about $120 for it and its OK. it is strong enough to hold everything but its not really want i wanted and i dont like cleaning the glass off.

i really like that IKEA i posted the link to. i want to mount whatever LCD i get on the wall and then i would also have all the room to do things and the part or the desk to put my arm on when using the mouse...huge plus to me

I'm loving this desk. It's very sturdy. I did my favorite test in the Ikea store with the lady helping me when I was there. I asked her if it's strong and can hold a lot of weight, she said yes so I jumped on it. Held me and all the crap they had sitting on it in the store just fine. The link you posted in the same desk we have, but it's Ikea, it's modular. You can add pieces to make it bigger, get different legs and colors.

I paid just short of $400 out the door for the desk and 2 wire managers that I still need to install.

I'm loving this desk. It's very sturdy. I did my favorite test in the Ikea store with the lady helping me when I was there. I asked her if it's strong and can hold a lot of weight, she said yes so I jumped on it. Held me and all the crap they had sitting on it in the store just fine. The link you posted in the same desk we have, but it's Ikea, it's modular. You can add pieces to make it bigger, get different legs and colors.

I paid just short of $400 out the door for the desk and 2 wire managers that I still need to install.

OMG, is that what the desk model is? I've been looking all over for this desk, I remember hearing about the Galant but when I looked at pictures it looked weird. I didn't know you had to buy extensions for it :mad:. Can you provide a link to the extensions I can buy online as well? Thanks!

there's no point buying online unless you want to pay half as much or more for shipping than you did for the desk. It almost cheaper to rent a truck if don't have one, pay the gas to get to the nearest Ikea and buy it yourself than it is to ship furniture.

Yea we have a couple ikeas around here. I just wanted a picture/model# for reference so I can get it in the store.

Edit: Nevermind I see a whole mess of extensions for the Galant. Guess I better go to the store and look at them personally.

Yea we have a couple ikeas around here. I just wanted a picture/model# for reference so I can get it in the store.

Edit: Nevermind I see a whole mess of extensions for the Galant. Guess I better go to the store and look at them personally.

Yea, it's very very modular. They had about 14 different setups out on the floor when I was there. I kind of knew what I was looking for when I went in since I checked out the site. But they have a ton of choices.

thanks a bunch for the tips. im definitely going to look into. i would like to get the one i posted the link to given the measurements are big enough. if you look back at my pics i think it would serve me well given im going to hang my monitor on the wall also.

Definitely check out an IKEA store if one is nearby. They always run unadvertised specials. My Galant has 1 main desk + 2 extensions + 6 legs that cost $179 at the Atlanta store. It would've cost well over $300 online. :D

BTW, you don't have to add any extensions if the main desk meets your needs.

dont kill me but i have to ask. why in the world does everyone have or one more than one monitor. tons of you have 2 or 3 thirty inch monitors even. what do you use them for , do you seriously get on the pc that much. i gave $8,500 for my maingear pc and people always say wow your crazy but now i dont think so....

nothing trying to be rude towards anyone i just dont know why everyone has more than one. i feel like there is something i dont know.

nice! my 2 24's look lonely on my flat jerker table desk. like htey are yearning for one more. i wish i hadn't seen ur pics :D:cool:

get 1 more you will love it there are some game you can play with 3 screens too

dont kill me but i have to ask. why in the world does everyone have or one more than one monitor. tons of you have 2 or 3 thirty inch monitors even. what do you use them for , do you seriously get on the pc that much. i gave $8,500 for my maingear pc and people always say wow your crazy but now i dont think so....

nothing trying to be rude towards anyone i just dont know why everyone has more than one. i feel like there is something i dont know.

it is way more productive like me i work in video business 3 screen help me a lot since i dont have to minimize a lot of window it make my life a lot easier

That is a gorgeous setup PAo. Looks like your desk may need some extentions soon, lol. :D

--

As far as needing more then one monitor JD, the answer is often going to be multitasking. I don't do the video editing that PAo does, but I do a lot of adminnistrating / moderating for a website and servers (my setup here). Having more then one computer (and monitors) at my fingertips allows me to have two accounts online at the same time; allowing me to see what is going on, and do my duties, without having to minimize a game or any other activity I'm working on. The convenience factor has saved me hours of time, plus a lot of un-pulled hair. :)

You get used to that after a while. ;)

nice! my 2 24's look lonely on my flat jerker table desk. like htey are yearning for one more. i wish i hadn't seen ur pics :D:cool:

Can you post a shot of your setup? I'm thinking about doing 2x24" or 17"x24"x17" (17" in portrait) and want to see what 2x24" looks like.

for me (someone that doesn't really need multiply monitors, as i don't work from my home pc) it's really just an issue of clutter. i felt the same way you do back in the day when i was doing everything on a 15'' crt (i became the alt+tab king). then when i bought a laptop and realized i could plug in my old monitor to it for multi-displays i got hooked.

now it's hard to do anything without one. you develop a system: throw chat windows and pc monitoring software over on the spare display, keep all your "important" stuff on the main display. or if you feel like watching a video while you do stuff it's nice to watch it in full screen on another display while you're checking your mail, or something.

try it... you might never go back

I have 3 22" Dells and I would be lost without them. It makes working on things so much easier, one window open with photoshop, homesite in the other and two browsers testing in the other. So much easier compared to alt+tab or minimizing.

$8500 on a pc is far more than a 3x30" setup would cost, even if you included a super high end pc in the mix.

Three 3007wfp-hc monitors would cost less than half that budget, and building a $4000 box gives you ridiculous amounts of headroom.

The only thing I can't justify to myself yet is expensive monitor mounts, desks, and other workstation accessories.

Dam dude, that's alot of money spent on a machine!

Very Nice Set up kinda wondering why do you have a pretty much dark setup but have a white mouse pad and mouse?

to be honest i dont know why lol i just this mouse very long time (this model but many of them) i tried to change to something else like wireless bluetooth trakcball bla bla but never get use to it i love this microsoft mouse (oly this model) so much i dunno what is the model number but i can find it almost every country i go and it is super good design and cheap too

the pad i just with the mouse for a long time already i take the pad with my laptop too ^^

Dude, that's the same mouse I've been using for years, but I'm still on my first one. I've had 2 copperheads that have both broken, and now that I'm back to the Microsoft one, I think I've decided I like it the best. Do you by chance know what the exact model number of it is or where I can get one? Mine's getting really worn out, but I guess that's what 5-7 years will do to a mouse.

edit: I guess I needed to read your post more closely. I think this is it, but in black: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826105026 I missed it on newegg on my first look through because I wasn't expecting there to be a different color. :rolleyes:

I've been to IKEA twice in the past two weeks and have not seen this desk!:( I would love to get it, but I have not seen it. Does anyone know if they are even selling this desk anymore? Please respond and thanks.

@Nandaman - Thanks man. It's the discontinued IKEA Jerker, and the bed is the IKEA Malm + the MALM side table.

Hey nice setup, btw, man. I was wondering if you could tell me what desk and bed that is, please? Thank you.
The desk is long-time favorite, the IKEA Jerker. Sadly, it was discontinued last year. Sometimes you can find them on Craig's List for pretty good prices. Bed is IKEA's Malm series. It's still available.

I've been to IKEA twice in the past two weeks and have not seen this desk!:( I would love to get it, but I have not seen it. Does anyone know if they are even selling this desk anymore? Please respond and thanks.
The Galant still is available online or at the stores. Did you look in the workplace section?

The desk is long-time favorite, the IKEA Jerker. Sadly, it was discontinued last year. Sometimes you can find them on Craig's List for pretty good prices. Bed is IKEA's Malm series. It's still available.
i got all 3 of mine from craigslist :). sometimes the galant is pretty cheap on craigslist too :).

Back