Silverstone TJ09!

Not my case Darkside. My case is still on order but they are still saying they will get tomorrow. xxx Those are crossed fingers. :D :D

How much clearance is there for a heatsink with the TJ09 so that the motherboard can slide out? I'm interested, but I want to know if it'll fit a Tower 120 or Ultra-120 without having to reinstall the CPU cooler.

I measure 7in. from the MoBo tray to the top of the PCI slot where the screws anchor the cards..So with a Mobo maybe 6 1/2 in if your lucky!!
My guess is no to your question..

canuckz said:
Not my case Darkside. My case is still on order but they are still saying they will get tomorrow. xxx Those are crossed fingers.

Thats kool..Enjoy your box..I've been wanting to grab a black one too..but cash keeps running away from me..so I'll have to wait a bit :( :eek: :D

Have we talked about the three 120's at the top of the case? They're all exhaust fans yes? It would make no sense to have even one be a intake fan, the turbulence in the area would be counter productive... So... the 120's moving 60cfm (guessing) each is 180cfm... and those three are counter balanced by just one 120 moving the same 60cfm (guessing again.) 180 to 60..... Doesn't that ratio seem a bit odd? I understand the concept of creating differential pressure to move air out but even with the venting on the sides the ratio seems too strong on the exhaust end. I'm of course discounting the HD 120mm fan, the flow seems too blocked.

Anyways... I'm doing alot of guessing... what is not a guess however is how sweet this case is.

Anyone a fluid dynamics expert?

Battle_Rattle said:
Have we talked about the three 120's at the top of the case? They're all exhaust fans yes? It would make no sense to have even one be a intake fan, the turbulence in the area would be counter productive... So... the 120's moving 60cfm (guessing) each is 180cfm... and those three are counter balanced by just one 120 moving the same 60cfm (guessing again.) 180 to 60..... Doesn't that ratio seem a bit odd? I understand the concept of creating differential pressure to move air out but even with the venting on the sides the ratio seems too strong on the exhaust end. I'm of course discounting the HD 120mm fan, the flow seems too blocked.

Anyways... I'm doing alot of guessing... what is not a guess however is how sweet this case is.

Anyone a fluid dynamics expert?

I'm not a fluid dynamics expert, nor do I play one on TV, but there's also a vent at the bottom of the chassis toward the back. It's for the PSU, but still, air can come in through that vent to balance out the exhaust of the 3 120mm fans. Hopefully the exhaust fans wouldn't pull hard enough to draw too much air into the chassis through the various cracks and crevices like between the 5.25 drive bay covers, between the slot covers in the back, etc. That could cause some dust issues.

Anybody know how much this sucker weighs empty? I haven't been able to find that info anywhere. I wouldn't be moving it much--not much of a LAN party-goer--but it'd be nice to know considering the massive size.

I can't give you the exact weight, but it is light. I was reading your last post..There are only 2 X 120mm on top..1 X 120mm on the back side. Also between the the HD's is a space for 1X 120mm fan. There are 2 vents on the bottom of the case and 2 side vents. One vent is for the PS fan. It appears that all fans are exit fans no intake as the side vents are for intake of air pulled by the exhaust fans.

Mine is just sitting here waiting for parts..Arghhhhhhhh

sdgserv said:
I can't give you the exact weight, but it is light. I was reading your last post..There are only 2 X 120mm on top..1 X 120mm on the back side. Also between the the HD's is a space for 1X 120mm fan. There are 2 vents on the bottom of the case and 2 side vents. One vent is for the PS fan. It appears that all fans are exit fans no intake as the side vents are for intake of air pulled by the exhaust fans.

Mine is just sitting here waiting for parts..Arghhhhhhhh

Haha..as I stated I'm in the same BOAT :)

MentatYP said:
I'm not a fluid dynamics expert, nor do I play one on TV, but there's also a vent at the bottom of the chassis toward the back. It's for the PSU, but still, air can come in through that vent to balance out the exhaust of the 3 120mm fans. Hopefully the exhaust fans wouldn't pull hard enough to draw too much air into the chassis through the various cracks and crevices like between the 5.25 drive bay covers, between the slot covers in the back, etc. That could cause some dust issues.

Anybody know how much this sucker weighs empty? I haven't been able to find that info anywhere. I wouldn't be moving it much--not much of a LAN party-goer--but it'd be nice to know considering the massive size.

shipping weight on mine was 35 lbs.

out the back from the rear 120mm and out from the top from 2 120mm (TOP FANS HAVE TO BE PURCHASED SEPARATELY)

It's in, it's in!!

I have one question. I have an OCZ GameXStream 700W. Do I mount the PSU with the fan facing down through the mesh panel, or up into the components?

Thanks beforehand!!

The mesh will let your psu breath fresh air.....assumeing the fan on the psu is an intake

SlikRig said:
shipping weight on mine was 35 lbs.
Was that the biggest box you ever got...lol

Give me a few min. an I will get the exact weight of the case..

sdgserv said:
24.25 lbs
Time to start lifting weights :) Imagine if they had made this out of steel instead :eek:

I love the brushed aluminum look on the black cases--very classy IMO. It reminds me of the black brushed metal faceplate on my Sherbourn 5-channel amp. I don't know how anybody could think these look ugly. They're certainly not flashy, but understated != ugly.

Hi All,

I'm thinking about buying this case as it reminds me of my Cooler Master ATCS 101 SX4 Case. I do have a couple of questions though. First, I see the Power Supply being mounted on the bottom of the case, & while I've seen other case manufacturers most notably Antec & Lian Li, do this, is it really a effective way of getting rid of the heat that the Power Supply produces? Second, how quiet are the case fans? Do you think that I would have to get some aftermarket fans like Yate Loon?

All help provided is greatly appreciated. My thanks to all who respond

(is it really a effective way of getting rid of the heat that the Power Supply
produces
)

Yes there is a screen at the bottom..where the PS sits

(how quiet are the case fans? Do you think that I would have to get some aftermarket fans like Yate Loon?)

The case only comes with 2 120mm fans you can add 3 more..as far as sound..there is no getting around 5 120mm fans plus PS fan

quicksilverXP said:
Man... still debating between this or the TJ-03.
I have the 03 up and running for about a year now...just recently got my 09, all I can say is,,,there will be no hesitation letting the 09 take the spotlight. The 03 is a nice case but it cant hold a candle to the cooling on the 09

Most of the question some of you folks have been asking have been answered already..most of us that have ran this thread looked at pic's,talked about the size,asked question about the fans,even had a buyer show his case with the new quieter fans installed (thanks SlikRig)..If you guys would just read thu some if not all the thread you'll see your questions answered..nuff said

Darkside said:
Most of the question some of you folks have been asking have been answered already..most of us that have ran this thread looked at pic's,talked about the size,asked question about the fans,even had a buyer show his case with the new quieter fans installed (thanks SlikRig)..If you guys would just read thu some if not all the thread you'll see your questions answered..nuff said

hey um like yea i was just like wondering if you could like tell me where like to find like information stuff about the tj09 ...

like thanks :D

Darkside, Pas here. Have you gotten your new rig yet? I saw somewhere that you have an 8800. Do you have the rest of the stuff and if so, I want to see some pics! I've been thinking about getting a black TJ09 but i'm not sure how easy it will be to hide cables and such yet.

Beautiful Case TJ09.......sdgserv did you get your motherboard screws from silverstone yet?

Today they will ship...finally
Got my camera..PS sd800IS.. Cannon..thank you..thank you

My tj09bw arrived today from performance pc's. I haven't even pulled it out yet since I don't have any other parts for it. Not sure when I am going to buy the rest as the box I have now runs everything pretty well anyway but it's good to have for when I do :)

So Silk...and anyone else with an imagination...

What kinds of modifications might you do to this gem?

and Btw... how much room behind the mobo tray is there to tuck away cabling?

canuckz said:
:D :D My black windowed tj09 and asus striker extreme have been shipped. Two days. :) :D

And there was much rejoycing through out the land.....yaaayy!!!!

A couple pix of mine. It is a good case. Well built and very sturdy.Plenty of good configurations possible. I am moving to the Lian Li 343 this week for my first H20.

dsc00011wo3.jpg

dsc00019nu8.jpg

SlikRig said:
There are no side fans..2 up top,1 rear, 1 midsection,and 1 between the HD cages

dsc00543ef8.jpg
Hi everyone
Please does that fan between the hard drives blow air up normally? Or down?

damn i'm in love with this case, but i can't get rid of my freaking temjin tj07.

someone post some more eyecandy (pictures) please!

Back