Silverstone TJ09!

Probably in the wrong thread but related so here it is: I'm about to get a new hard drive to go with the new tj09. Condidering either a 150 Raptor or a WD Caviar 16 320 gig hard drive. Mainly for gaming. The Raptor is ~ 10% ? faster but is noticeably noiser. Given the placement of the hard drives in the tj09 ( behind wire mesh ) I'm thinking this noise factor will not be muted at all and will be a real irritation. Listened to comparison soundtracks on a site and the raptor sounds like a coffee grinder. Leaning towards the Caviar but looking for thoughts. Caviar is obviously cheaper too. :rolleyes:

I did read it. I never found it on newegg. I must be searching wrong.

SlikRig said:
well thats the chipset ..but the board I want is by Asus

Good luck shelling out $400 for an Asus version.

Whats the difference when we are shelling out $500 psu, $1000 cpu, $1200 for video cards,
$300 cases,,,but now I'm gonna cut corners on my mobo...which is the very foundation of my new killer rig ????

SlikRig said:
Whats the difference when we are shelling out $500 psu, $1000 cpu, $1200 for video cards,
$300 cases,,,but now I'm gonna cut corners on my mobo...which is the very foundation of my new killer rig ????

lol.

So you'd pay twice the price for something thats exactly the same as the other but just with a diffrent logo? I'm amazed. I guess you must have a Louis Vitton (sp?) wallet too. :rolleyes:

Killer rig? Please don't get too ahead of yourself before I have to bust out pictures of my rigs (yes rigs... with an s) and stick you in your place. Just because something costs more, it doesn't mean it's better, take a look at the Asus fiasco not too long ago where tons of people had issues with their cards... proof that more money doesn't mean better products all the time.

I have a TJ-07 on one of my machines, there is a reason why I'm selling it right now... because I felt that it's not worth the money as you can get other cases out there just as good or even better for cheaper.... more proof that tossing money at something doesn't always equate to being better or of a higher quality.

First of all I've yet to see 2 manufactures build the exact same board. What would be the point of shopping around at all, just buy the cheapest one you find. And to hell with all the reviews, Ockie says their all identical !!

And as far as getting what you pay for ? ..95% of the time you do. So if I like what I see and I like what I hear about a product, I'm not going to deny myself this item because I'm too much of a tightwad and want to save a few bucks...go check your couch cushions, you might scrape it up... and why you need to " stick me in my place " I dont know ? I'm just excited about building my new rig......so step off !!!!

SlikRig said:
First of all I've yet to see 2 manufactures build the exact same board. What would be the point of shopping around at all, just buy the cheapest one you find. And to hell with all the reviews, Ockie says their all identical !!

And as far as getting what you pay for ? ..95% of the time you do. So if I like what I see and I like what I hear about a product, I'm not going to deny myself this item because I'm too much of a tightwad and want to save a few bucks...go check your couch cushions, you might scrape it up... and why you need to " stick me in my place " I dont know ? I'm just excited about building my new rig......so step off !!!!

I'm not saying buy the cheapest, I'm saying don't think that it's better because you spend more on your other components so you should spend more on other components. The current boards are very similar, asus is known to toss in a few quirks, and those are unknown at this point in time... however if this is your reason of purchase then go right ahead... all I was saying is that it's not always better, especially when there are great other vendors. Asus has been on a trend of charging much more on their enthusiast level boards but their quality has not been as perfect as it has been in the past, so it's not a crime to save money and look for other boards out there and save a little in the pocket you know? Especially when you can get better or cheaper with the same performance.

Case in point, the DFI Expert was almost $100 cheaper than the M2N32SLI and which one would you care to guess was better performance wise? Now I'm wondering if you would argue this point as you yourself know DFI also makes great components and boards?

Btw, I don't care to scrape my couch cusions as I'm well off... I was just making a observation and mentioning the price... you were the one to pretend you are rich when you are hardly not as you would have bought better components right off bat. Even rich people save money, so don't try to pretend you can fling it around... I'm not very impressed.

All I was saying was be prepared for $400 board as it's crazy high in contrast to the compeditors offerings.. and you got a little defensive and started bragging about how much you spend on your other components.

Any idea if a PC&C 1000W PSU would fit in this case? I would assume so but wanted to make sure.

I'm not braggin about anything, I'm just listing what its costing for a high end gaming rig at this point. Sounds to me like like your a DFI fan boy who wants to bash Asus and their 680 board, ..at least wait for a review.

I thought this thread was about the TJ-09...which by the way..I have one,and its sweet !!!

Slik, have you see the reviews of that new eVGA 680 board? They were able to OC a e6300 1.7ghz over stock!!! I got mine ordered yesterday but still dont have a case to put it in....

SlikRig said:
I'm not braggin about anything, I'm just listing what its costing for a high end gaming rig at this point. Sounds to me like like your a DFI fan boy who wants to bash Asus and their 680 board, ..at least wait for a review.

I thought this thread was about the TJ-09...which by the way..I have one,and its sweet !!!

Actually, I'm quite far from DFI, this is what I own:

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition
Asus A8N-VM
Asus M2NPV-VM

I've owned many many many more.

The 680i board that I have is an eVGA... owned a few evgas, dfi's, epox, gigabyte, asrock, supermicro, tyan, iwill, msi, ecs, pcchips, intel, biostar, abit, albatron... I think thats it other than proprietary boards.

Yeah... I hear the absence of sound coming from you right now. And I wasn't bashing asus either, I just mentioned their excessive cost increase.

And as for the TJ-09, the only reason I don't have one sitting next to the other boxes is because it doesn't have a dual psu bracket. I'm focusing on silent computing at the moment and a 1kw psu just doesn't offer the silence I need... reason why I pulled my tc1kw's out of the boxes and replaced them all with dual psu's.

Teecee said:
Any idea if a PC&C 1000W PSU would fit in this case? I would assume so but wanted to make sure.
The kilo will fit in there with room to spare

Ockie said:
Actually, I'm quite far from DFI, this is what I own:

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition
Asus A8N-VM
Asus M2NPV-VM

I've owned many many many more.

The 680i board that I have is an eVGA... owned a few evgas, dfi's, epox, gigabyte, asrock, supermicro, tyan, iwill, msi, ecs, pcchips, intel, biostar, abit, albatron... I think thats it other than proprietary boards.

Yeah... I hear the absence of sound coming from you right now. And I wasn't bashing asus either, I just mentioned their excessive cost increase.

And as for the TJ-09, the only reason I don't have one sitting next to the other boxes is because it doesn't have a dual psu bracket. I'm focusing on silent computing at the moment and a 1kw psu just doesn't offer the silence I need... reason why I pulled my tc1kw's out of the boxes and replaced them all with dual psu's.

What dual PSUs do you run?

Teecee said:
What dual PSUs do you run?

In one of my machines I run dual Ultra X-Connects, regardless what people say, these are great psu's, especially if you factor in the massive rebates and lifetime warranty.... not to mention they are incredibly silent.

Also, in the other boxes I run dual Seasonic S12 600's.

Killer rig? Please don't get too ahead of yourself before I have to bust out pictures of my rigs (yes rigs... with an s) and stick you in your place. .

Btw, I don't care to scrape my couch cusions as I'm well off... I was just making a observation and mentioning the price... you were the one to pretend you are rich when you are hardly not as you would have bought better components right off bat. Even rich people save money, so don't try to pretend you can fling it around... I'm not very impressed.

EPENIS = HUUUUUUUUUUUGE :rolleyes:

2uantuM said:
EPENIS = HUUUUUUUUUUUGE :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Maybe you want to adjust your reading glasses and see that I wasn't the one who posted "Killer rig" nor the prices of components, I merley mentioned the hefty price of the board which was blown out of proportion.

And yes, my penis is huge, thank you very much :) :D

Putting people in their place by showing pictures of your rigs? Please...

You can get your point across without "merely" being a jackass.

2uantuM said:
Putting people in their place by showing pictures of your rigs? Please...

You can get your point across without "merely" being a jackass.

You might want to have your sig checked.

(22) No active links, graphics, code, profanity or advertising allowed in the SIGNATURE. Sig line is limited to 10 lines total as viewed @ 800 x 600 resolution or no more that 15 words per line.

Great, you caught me in the process of editing it. You must be very proud of yourself. I was one line over. :rolleyes:

Teecee said:
PICS!!!

lol, no, just messin.

Haha, I don't think I have any photagraphy equipment that can take a picture of something so... big. :D

Anywyas, I wish they made this damn thing a couple inches taller to fit in an extra psu like the TJ-07.

How does the doors fit and how thick is it? Also how much does this weigh?

Slikrig is the guy with the case. You may have reduced his receptiveness to questions a little. :D :D

This thing is a myth. Nobody sells it anywhere. Been looking for weeks and it's nowhere to be found. I'm going with a Lian Li instead since those actually do exist and are for sale. :rolleyes:

damn that's a nice case. I've got a TJ07 that's just sitting on the floor after I rebuilt my games pc into another box for a lan (TJ07 literally didn't fit in the trunk). Might have to give serious thought to ebaying it and buying the TJ09 instead, I much prefer the interior configuration.

"For all our reviews we have a preset component list that's designed to push any chassis to the limit. This is intentional and is to show just how capable any chassis is when fitted with the hottest hardware out there."

I almost laughed when I saw their component list, as it's a little bit dated.

This is seriously looking like a nice case tho, but man I just bought a TJ-03!

FYI, these things have been hard to find here in the states. Performance PCs have them in stock, including the plain black/no window version that I was looking for (I go for the bland conservative thing).

Jerry said:
"For all our reviews we have a preset component list that's designed to push any chassis to the limit. This is intentional and is to show just how capable any chassis is when fitted with the hottest hardware out there."

I almost laughed when I saw their component list, as it's a little bit dated.

This is seriously looking like a nice case tho, but man I just bought a TJ-03!
I think by "hottest" they meant it as literally the most heat-generating hardware, not the latest and greatest. Notice that their tests are all temperature measurements.

Heres another loaded TJ-09....SWEET

dscf2026croppedbigix3.jpg

Back