Silverstone TJ09!

Could someone report on the quality of the finish? The silver looks like brushed metal, the black looks like flat black paint. Please confirm, thanks!

ThirtySixBelow said:
wow, that case is really long. I figured the newer graphics cards were going to be pretty up close and personal with the new cooler in the center of the case, but it's not even close, and those are some hauss sized cards. I'm probably going to be forced to get this case eventually just because it's the only case I have seen that I don't really have any gripes about. Hopefully I will buy it before I delve into it too much and find something I don't like. :) It's just that for this price, the tj-07 now has to be a consideration. These two were in the "dream" category, but I guess I can save up and make a purchase on a quality asset since they should last for a very long time and be the home to more than just 1 system.

consider this
http://deadeyedata.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_8_15&products_id=8

cheap shipping for a case too. $13 to TX.

Nice Find..I hope these guys a good sellers :eek:
But this post is about finding,wanting,looking for the TJ09!!!
They dont have it at this site ??

yeah i know but im just trying to help him out.

anyways about the TJ09. I wonder when a windowed version will come out. Those would be sweet.

sn_85 said:
yeah i know but im just trying to help him out.

anyways about the TJ09. I wonder when a windowed version will come out. Those would be sweet.

I emailed Silverstone and was told that the windowed version would be out at the end of Oct middle of Nov..Hahaha..allready on it :D

well my 09 is on the ups truck and is out for delivery,if your a gamer running hot cards,then this case is truly a breath of fresh air(literaly). Right now after 30 min.of serious fraggin my 2 7800gtx ko's are mini toasters and my buddies 7950 runs even hotter.I can't imagine 2 7950's...but I'm sure the 09 will handle them easily. This cooling combined with the other high end,high class features may make this the last case I wll ever need...this is a seriously sweet case. P.S. shipping weight on this case is 35lbs.

SlikRig said:
well my 09 is on the ups truck and is out for delivery,if your a gamer running hot cards,then this case is truly a breath of fresh air(literaly). Right now after 30 min.of serious fraggin my 2 7800gtx ko's are mini toasters and my buddies 7950 runs even hotter.I can't imagine 2 7950's...but I'm sure the 09 will handle them easily. This cooling combined with the other high end,high class features may make this the last case I wll ever need...this is a seriously sweet case. P.S. shipping weight on this case is 35lbs.

Did you get it yet? Post some pics and your take on the case por favor.

Could you say how the screens attach to the case? On the TJ07, there are metal tabbed parts of the screen that fold over thorough slots in the case to secure them that were mentioned in the SPCR review of the TJ07 so there might be vibrational noise from those areas?

Yes the 09 is in, I will try and get some pics up soon...been busy ordering fans and other odds and ends for it....but I can give you a brief description...you are correct about the tabs on the grills, but they are very secure and i dont see them ever causing a vibration problem. The case only comes with the rear exhaust and mid section fans,but Iam replacing those too...I decided to get the Papst fans for it,..so in total the case will contain 5 120mm fans, I would have liked to seen another fan above the top hard drive cage,but I guess the draw will cool the upper hard drives as is (there is an air intake grill below the bottom cage).
As far as fit in finish goes, its awesome, the entire case has a brushed finish with a slight gloss to it. The inside bottom is also a gloss black...and constuction is very sturdy as you would expect from silverstone..its very comparable to my TJ-03,only now with exceptional cooling...1 major con is that they did'nt include tissues to wipe the drool from the corner of my mouth ; )

Hahahahahaha...Stop drooling you noobie.. :)

I cant wait to see your pic's I want this case but other thing have to be done first...but soon
I'll be right there with ya....for sure,count on it.. ;)

Oh and what color did ya get ????? :eek: :: :D

Oh my god!! I want that case too, and I don't even NEED IT!!! Hey, anybody up to trade a TJ06 for a TJ09? ;)

Just ordered the black tj09 with window from NCIX. I ordered a few extra silversone fans to fill the unused slots. Why did you get the Pabst fans? Have you picked out a cpu heat sink fan yet? Thinking about the Asus silent square. Great looks and reasonable performance. :) I hope the window looks ok, ordered sight unseen.

I've been using panaflo and delta fans for my cases and have had excellent results, but with this new build I just felt like trying the Papst fans...excellent reviews, great cfm's vs. db. ......plus there made in germany which I like...achtung baby!!!

SlikRig ..where are the pictures..??? :eek:

And I see even tom's hardware people like the TJ09...haha..

I want one, but I wish the usb ports and stuff were in the front of the case instead of on top.

That is true..some folks I spoke with wanted the usb & firewire on the side of the case,But that all depends on your personel taste..I like them on the top..cause my case will be on the floor to my right...my 2cents :cool:

I personally never hook that crap up regardless where its located...there is more than ample hookups between the back of your case, your keyboard hub ,your monitor hub....your hubs hub... ; ) ...The 09 is good to go as is!!!

OMG, I want this case so badly! That window looks to be perfect, and hiding cables to make th system look clean ought to be a breeze.

The new Asus rog intel edition striker extreme motherboard is going to look great in that black windowed case. My case eta is November 20th now, sigh :( . Can't make up my mind between the Asus silent square heatsink with the blue light and the zalman cnps 9500/9700. Any thoughts? Even the black Corsair 620hx psu will look good with the flat black cables. This waiting is driving me crazy :).

canuckz ...hahahaha..you'll be allright
I'm waiting for my black case also..that TJ09 is HOT :eek: :eek: :D

Relax Dark, pics are soon to follow,, I've been sorting out the fan delima with the 09,
The papst fans I ordered were ok, but the delta tri-blade seem to move alittle more air, so Iam
going to go with them..still waiting on 2 more.

The 09 uses these plastic fan cages which house the fans at the hard drives and at the top of the case, these cages are supposedly made to hold the fans in place,... well they don't...at least not securely enough for me. But there is a simple and easy fix that can be made with a
1/64 drill bit and some fan screws...I'll post some pics of what I did.
Other than that, the case is awesome

Hey SlikRig
Did you consider using led fans behind the black mesh on the top? Nice purple would look hot.

I wish I had the money for this baby. :( At its current price point, it's a little less than what I would pay for a video card. :eek:

SlikRig said:
Relax Dark, pics are soon to follow,, I've been sorting out the fan delima with the 09,
The papst fans I ordered were ok, but the delta tri-blade seem to move alittle more air, so Iam
going to go with them..still waiting on 2 more.

The 09 uses these plastic fan cages which house the fans at the hard drives and at the top of the case, these cages are supposedly made to hold the fans in place,... well they don't...at least not securely enough for me. But there is a simple and easy fix that can be made with a
1/64 drill bit and some fan screws...I'll post some pics of what I did.
Other than that, the case is awesome

noprob..just waiting :cool:

silverstoneya3.jpg

Dam so far only sundialmicro and performance-pc sell them..somebody else should be,ya think ???

canuckz said:
Hey SlikRig
Did you consider using led fans behind the black mesh on the top? Nice purple would look hot.
I've found out that any real performance fan will not come in color leds....I've done the carnaval case before but this time I'm gonna keep it clean and professional...no colored fans, neon lighting, or disco balls.....I want to keep it high end, not Times Square !!!!!

first test pic of my 09..just finished installing 5 120mm delta tri-blades...sweet
dsc00542ma3.jpg

Back