SN25P linkages, pictures ect. resource .

yay go me
i just managed to get one from neweg 2 minutes ago
now i play the waiting game AGAIN :(

Th only "tip" that was mentioned was to unplug the card reader when installing Windows as it will assign it as drive C under certain circumstances.

My SN25P Install went very smooth and everything is working great so far! I have played a few hours of CS:Source to test it all out. This is definitely the quietest Shuttle I have owned, I was going to water cool it but it is already quieter than my watercooled SB75G2!

Shuttle SN25P
FX-55
BFG 6800GT OC PCI-E
NV5 Silencer
160GB Samsung Spinpoint SATA
USB Sony CDRW/DVD
Shuttle PN11 Wireless module
Dell 2005FPW
Klipsch Promedia 4.1

dworley said:
Th only "tip" that was mentioned was to unplug the card reader when installing Windows as it will assign it as drive C under certain circumstances.

My SN25P Install went very smooth and everything is working great so far! I have played a few hours of CS:Source to test it all out. This is definitely the quietest Shuttle I have owned, I was going to water cool it but it is already quieter than my watercooled SB75G2!

Shuttle SN25P
FX-55
BFG 6800GT OC PCI-E
NV5 Silencer
160GB Samsung Spinpoint SATA
USB Sony CDRW/DVD
Shuttle PN11 Wireless module
Dell 2005FPW
Klipsch Promedia 4.1

Thanks for the reply. I'm plannung on this setup. Hope it all works ok...thanks for the tip

Athlon 64 4000+, L1/64K+64K; L2/ 1MB
ATI X800 XL 256meg
160 WD HD 7200 rpm
HP DVD/RW LightScribe (etches labels on disk)
1 gig PC3200-XLPT (2-2-2-5) RAM
USB Linksys 54g wireless
USB Hauppage WinTV
Dell 24" 2405FPW monitor

dworley: How are your temps and are you overclocking? I'm leaning towards that SFF and watercooling.

There is not a good place to mount a radiator on this P chasis shuttle that I can determine (unless you can find a dual 60mm rad to mount above the PSU). I am happy with the NV5 Silencer for now and will leave my water cooling setup on my Shuttle G case PC.

The Arctic NV5 Silencer is very efficient at cooling and I found it lowers my Case temps by 10C and the GPU temp by approximately 5C - since it exhauts all the hot air from the GPU out the back of the case. I briefly tried using my 6800GT with the stock cooler to gauge the temps and there is no way to keep the PC silent with all of the added heat output from the 6800GT stock cooler!

I definitely recommend a dual slot cooler for these Shuttle P cases for any high end video card based on my experience - most people would probably prefer an X850XT so that you can still utilize the drive cage. (I just used the CDROM mounting bracket and some double sided tape since the drive cage does not fit with the NV5 installed.)

SN25P-16.jpg

Thanks for the write-up, helped alot. Maybe I'll just end up attaching or making a separate enclosure for the rad so I can get a good one like a '77 bonneville, and pump as well if I cant squeeze it in somewhere. Think theres enough room for the tubing and barbs on top of the CPU?

magoo said:
This shuttle is only for the athlon series. If you want the bestest get an FX-55 and couple it with the kingston x or corsair xms. If you want to spend less get a 3800+ and some corsair or kingston value Ram. This new shuttle looks FINE. I just built an sn95G5 with a 3500+ and a Geforce 6600GT. It really is smooth but I kinda wish I had known this was so close to reality. These Shuttle systems are really excellent,easy to build and very complete. This PSU will handle anything you would want to throw at it! Good luck.
Thanks Magoo.... I'm going with the FX-53 or FX-55 Chip.

thnx dworley ya jerk heheh joking. you made this look so good I am drooling. albeit my SN95 kicks some sa'weet (_x_) but this rig will be my next upgrade once I see a need 4 PCI-e

your input is gr8tly appreciated! cheers!!

Here is what I am building all from newegg:
Shuttle SN25P
A64 3800+
1 gig Mushkin
X850XT
160 Hitachi SATA
NEC 16x DVD Burner
Viewsonic 17" LCD 8ms
HP Laser Jet Printer
MX700 Mouse and wireless Keyboard
Viewsonic N6 (hooked up to VGA port on LCD that way I can switch between TV and computer using the monitor)
BOSE Headphones

I think that covers everything. I will be building in July. All I got left is one more semester of college so I don't want to bring my BIG Computer and monitor plus my 27" SONY WEGA. I still might bring my Logitech Z560 speakers though :D . CRAP Now that I think about it I probably will have to bring my big computer to school as well because I am running a web server for my senior design class. Sure I could run it on the shuttle but it would be nice to not have the Web server and MYSQL database running on it. LOL...I will just stick it in the closet and run a CAT5 cable to it. I can then remote desktop to it when I need it.

Arkanian said:
Here is what I am building all from newegg:
Shuttle SN25P
A64 3800+
1 gig Mushkin
X850XT
160 Hitachi SATA
NEC 16x DVD Burner
Viewsonic 17" LCD 8ms
HP Laser Jet Printer
MX700 Mouse and wireless Keyboard
Viewsonic N6 (hooked up to VGA port on LCD that way I can switch between TV and computer using the monitor)
BOSE Headphones

I think that covers everything. I will be building in July. All I got left is one more semester of college so I don't want to bring my BIG Computer and monitor plus my 27" SONY WEGA. I still might bring my Logitech Z560 speakers though :D . CRAP Now that I think about it I probably will have to bring my big computer to school as well because I am running a web server for my senior design class. Sure I could run it on the shuttle but it would be nice to not have the Web server and MYSQL database running on it. LOL...I will just stick it in the closet and run a CAT5 cable to it. I can then remote desktop to it when I need it.

Looks good, here's is mine:
Shuttle SN25P
A64 4000+
ATI X800XL 256 meg
160GB WD 7200rpg SATA 8 meg cache
1 gig Corsair XMS RAM (2-2-2-2-5)
HP "Lightscribe" CDRW/DVD
LinkSys USB Wireless 54g
Hauppage USB TV/FM card
Dell 2405FPW - 24" LCD

Building this weekend, waiting for parts from the Egg...

You people and your vast amounts of money.

My setup shall be:

SN25P (Duh.)
A64 3200+
1GB Hyper-X
120GB SATA
16X DL DVDRW (Lite-on)
6600GT
Acer 17" DVI LCD

Only a modest $1000 - $1200

sirviro said:
You people and your vast amounts of money.

My setup shall be:

SN25P (Duh.)
A64 3200+
1GB Hyper-X
120GB SATA
16X DL DVDRW (Lite-on)
6600GT
Acer 17" DVI LCD

Only a modest $1000 - $1200
Very good but I would consider a x800XL instead of a 6600GT. I know it is like 100 more but it is WORTH IT. 16 pipes and everything the only difference between it and a X850XT is the clock and mem speeds. Oh and BTW: using graduation money for my build. 2000-2500. :D

msny said:
Looks good, here's is mine:
Shuttle SN25P
A64 4000+
ATI X800XL 256 meg
160GB WD 7200rpg SATA 8 meg cache
1 gig Corsair XMS RAM (2-2-2-2-5)
HP "Lightscribe" CDRW/DVD
LinkSys USB Wireless 54g
Hauppage USB TV/FM card
Dell 2405FPW - 24" LCD

Building this weekend, waiting for parts from the Egg...

WOW you went all out on the LCD. LOL puts my Viewsonic 17" to shame LOL. At least I got 8 ms. NVM: I see that the monitor is 12 ms!!!! OMG. Of course I could tone down and shave off 700 off my build in order to afford one of those. Hmm.. me likes this monitor. Wait a sec, I am getting this money for graduation I could always use some of my money and put in this build. Now you got me looking at this monitor.

^^^ What a coincidence, I'm using graduation money for my upcoming build as well.

Looking at a SN25P of course, AMD 3500+, X800XL (but worried about OC-ability), NEC Burner, Solid 1 or 2GB of ram, and HDD TBD (DiamandMax 300GB perhaps)?

I'd love to get an X800XL, or a 6800GT or whatever.. However, I have X amount of dollars and that's all I have.

GaleForce said:
So NewEgg had them and sold out that fast?

I ordered from the first batch and 2 hours later they were out of stock...good luck !

They seem to be in stock all over today. Newgg, ZZF and MWave (where I ordered from earlier this week).

Should be arriving today or tomorrow so I can build out my system this weekend. :D

this piece is popular,

i just got mine today, first post from new system :p
athlon 3500 90nm
1gig corsair 2-2-2-5 memory
asus x700pro
74gig raptor

this thing sounds like a vacum cleaner at full fan speeds
and i thought my p3 933 it replaced was loud, even at idle it is louder than my old system.
this needs resolving.

Nice to see that these bugers are out in stock finally. Maybe once i get some money and sell my old system I will upgrade. Cash is hard to come by right now.

EDIT: Now I just need to find a way to get my hands on just the mobo and PSU. I don't need the case, but would like the mobo and PSU for a case mod I was thinking of.

I just picked up this case and a x800xl . I was thinking of upgrading the cooler to a ATI Silencer but I am not sure if it will fit in this case ?

Well, put it together and I'm installing Windows XP Pro as I type this. No major issues yet.

Some minor beefs in contruction/instructions that I ran across. After installing the CPU, and putting the fan shroud cover back on the two plastic tabs that go into the housing broke off. I was very gentle with it yet it broke anyways. I think I must have pulled it out at a bad angle. So the simple fix was to put a small strip of super sticky duct tape where the tab ends meet the housing so it would not rattle in the wind.

I found that the plastic drive rails did not always line up to well with the hole slots in certain drives. On my hard drive there was lot of slop on one side and I had to actually bend the pin a little on the other side to get it in it was so tight. My fear was broken plastic again.

I had some trouble getting the DVD to eject with the button and lining up the button inside. Minor but annoying taking the cage in and out to line up.

The wiring and cableing behind the cage made it difficult to seat the cage back into the housing. One trouble is that if your CD or DVD is a long one you may not get it in there at all. Again I don't like to forcing things.

I almost forgot to attach the audio plug wire for the DVD. My fault but I was trying to follow the directions to closely I guess. Not quite a Shuttle geek yet !

I'm an old man and my eyes are not what they used to be. The pictures in the install guide need some improvement.

One big concern is that I did NOT see an extra molex for a vid card
like the X850XTPE. Maybe Shuttle is doing it all through the PCI-e slot ? (my card did not require it)

I've built about 7 computers and done many a hardware upgrade over the years. This was by far my EASIEST AND MOST PAINLESS so far. Hats off to Shuttle for making such a nice easy product to work with and enjoy building.

So learn from my experience and minor screwups here....

Also been out of the AMD camp for a while. So, can anyone tell me how to figure in BIOS if my CPU speed is set correctly ? Any BIOS tweeks appreciated by you gurus. Your inputs appreicated.

Here is my new system
SN25P
Athlon 4000+
Corsair XMS PC3200XL 2-2-2-5
WD 160 gig 7200rpm Sata HD
HP DVD/RW "lightscribe" duel layer 16x
ATI Radeon x800Xl 256 meg
Linksys Wireless USB 54g
Hauppage WinTV/FM USB
Saitek Eclipse lighted keyboard
MS Intellimouse Exploere wireless
floppy drive - i still need one !

my problem is with an installation of a second IDE hard disk

my primary raptor is an sata, which installs fine
my dvd drive is on the parallel cable and if i attach the hard disk to the same channel as a slave the cables are too short to mount the second hard disk, so it just lays on top of the dvd for now.

msny:

what model linksys usb adapter is that?

does it work well?

the reason i am asking is my netgear wg111 doesnt seem to be compatible with my shuttle, but it gets amazing signal strength (significantly more than dedicated pci) on my brother's 4 year old computer that is also farther from the wap...

also what wap do you have?

shoes said:
msny:

what model linksys usb adapter is that?

does it work well?

the reason i am asking is my netgear wg111 doesnt seem to be compatible with my shuttle, but it gets amazing signal strength (significantly more than dedicated pci) on my brother's 4 year old computer that is also farther from the wap...

also what wap do you have?

The USB Linksys adapter is a WUSB54G model I'm connecting with a Linksys WRT54G
router which is on a cable modem on a home metwork of 3 computers. So far working nicely, only had it attached for 2 days now. The only thing I've noticed is that after a reboot it takes a good 30 seconds before it finds the router signal and connectst. Other then that it works just fine.

May try some gaming after I install a few from my collection.

update to my previous post:
New system:
Shuttle SN25P -------------------------------------- 390.00
Athlon 64 3800+ (OEM) -------------------------- 385.00
2 x 512 Muskin Generic DDR 3200 ------------- 102.00
NEC Black Floppy --------------------------------- 8.00
250 gig Maxtor SATA Hard drive 16 meg cache-- 139.00
NEC 3520A 16x DVD-Burner --------------------60.00
Blank DVD’s ---------------------------------------- 30.00
MSI X850XT PCIe Video Card ------------------ 450.00
Viewsonic 17” LCD 8ms 500:1-------------------- 350.00
Viewsonic N6 (for TV and XBOX)----------------- 190.00
HP Laser Printer ------------------------------------ 140.00
Artic Silver 5 ---------------------------------------- 10.00
COST: 2254.00

All from newegg. I will be using my mx700 and wireless keyboard, BOSE headphones, and Logitech z-560 with this. I will have the computer in my sig as the server and running crossover cables from it to the XBOX and shuttle. I will use ICS for this. I have to do this because the dorm rooms don't allow you to have a router. Using ICS is and spare NICS is the best way to get around this. LOL, they don't specifiy in the agreement that we can't do this so I can't get in trouble. Using graduation money for this build. WOOT I walk this may and only have 3 classes left for my B.S. Computer Science degree. Only 1.5 months of hell left this semester. thinking about building this computer gives me something to look foward to. :D

Here is the Layout for my Desk:
Desk Layout Fall 2005.jpg

Arkanian said:
update to my previous post:
New system:
Shuttle SN25P -------------------------------------- 390.00
Athlon 64 3800+ (OEM) -------------------------- 385.00
2 x 512 Muskin Generic DDR 3200 ------------- 102.00
NEC Black Floppy --------------------------------- 8.00
250 gig Maxtor SATA Hard drive 16 meg cache-- 139.00
NEC 3520A 16x DVD-Burner --------------------60.00
Blank DVD’s ---------------------------------------- 30.00
MSI X850XT PCIe Video Card ------------------ 450.00
Viewsonic 17” LCD 8ms 500:1-------------------- 350.00
Viewsonic N6 (for TV and XBOX)----------------- 190.00
HP Laser Printer ------------------------------------ 140.00
Artic Silver 5 ---------------------------------------- 10.00
COST: 2254.00

All from newegg. I will be using my mx700 and wireless keyboard, BOSE headphones, and Logitech z-560 with this. I will have the computer in my sig as the server and running crossover cables from it to the XBOX and shuttle. I will use ICS for this. I have to do this because the dorm rooms don't allow you to have a router. Using ICS is and spare NICS is the best way to get around this. LOL, they don't specifiy in the agreement that we can't do this so I can't get in trouble. Using graduation money for this build. WOOT I walk this may and only have 3 classes left for my B.S. Computer Science degree. Only 1.5 months of hell left this semester. thinking about building this computer gives me something to look foward to. :D

Here is the Layout for my Desk:
Desk Layout Fall 2005.jpg

Looks like good stuff. I see you have your bathroom stuff ahead of your computer...get your priorites straight boy ! :D

One thing you need to add is a molex adapter for the vid card power. They are here:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=12-154-001&depa=0

msny said:
Looks like good stuff. I see you have your bathroom stuff ahead of your computer...get your priorites straight boy ! :D

One thing you need to add is a molex adapter for the vid card power. They are here:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=12-154-001&depa=0

This is the video card I am buying: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-142-037&depa=0

It already comes with a 6-pin to 4-pin adapter. I am guessing that one end is power in and theother end is power out. This way I can hook the other end to my DVD Burner. You see I hear that the SN25P doesn't have any spare molex connectors so I have to do that. I did noticed that the Adapter that you showed had both 4-pins as power in's. Is this right? If this is true than the X850XT won't run in a SN25P. This can't be right though because I know many people who use the 6800 U and X850XT in the SN25P. Also, my card is OEM. Even though the cable shows in the pic, will I get the cable? Also if I need 2 Power ins, I guess I would have to use 2 splitters.

Project_2501 said:
nevermind
What? I need to see how I can going to put a X850Xt in this thing. Does anyone here have this shuttle and the X850Xt or any PCIe card that needs a 6-pin Molex connector?

Back